Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

Postby TheStephil » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
The craziest part of this was I only read my first book in 7th grade. I bandwagon all movies. I felt like I needed more so I blasted thru all the books. How amazing reading a book after a movie only enhances the story. My friend was opposite she hated movies cuz books were so good.

Happy Potter is the only series I've been able to separate the books and movies and appreciate them for what they are. Normally I have a hard time enjoying the movie if I read the book first. Ready Player One is the perfect example.

Its rough.. I enjoyed Hunger Games less after reading books. Maybe the format should be ables go in blind if you haven't seen. It can never live up to your world. I wanted to start witcher but I havent read so I've been debating whether or not to start series.

I have an easier time enjoying them separately if I watch it first and then read the books. You know the idea of the story from the movie but get all the backup and extra detail while reading the book. It’s an added bonus if the story has a different ending in the book.
Hi, I’m Steph.

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:50 pm

TheStephil wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Same here!

Which one do you like more? Gotta be tonks for me since we don't have a pop of her yet

Tonks all the way!

Yes, I'm pretty excited for Tonks. I like how they captured her pink and purple hair too.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:52 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Yes, same with reading the books for the first time! What's insane is that I still remember my first time watching each movie. So I'm just glad I get to hold onto those memories.

The craziest part of this was I only read my first book in 7th grade. I bandwagon all movies. I felt like I needed more so I blasted thru all the books. How amazing reading a book after a movie only enhances the story. My friend was opposite she hated movies cuz books were so good.

Happy Potter is the only series I've been able to separate the books and movies and appreciate them for what they are. Normally I have a hard time enjoying the movie if I read the book first. Ready Player One is the perfect example.

Same here. It's actually kind of weird that I can separate the two too. I think it's partly because I'm such a huge fan, I don't like the idea of comparing the two since obviously they needed to cut down on some content and change things for the movies. Maybe it's also because they've had different directors for the films through the years that it's just nice to appreciate it for how it is.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Let's be honest...do we really need a reason?? lol

Hahaha, you're right! What was I thinking lol

Obviously someone cast Confundus near you! lol

lol lol
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:55 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Its rough.. I enjoyed Hunger Games less after reading books. Maybe the format should be ables go in blind if you haven't seen. It can never live up to your world. I wanted to start witcher but I havent read so I've been debating whether or not to start series.

I have an easier time enjoying them separately if I watch it first and then read the books. You know the idea of the story from the movie but get all the backup and extra detail while reading the book. It’s an added bonus if the story has a different ending in the book.

That's so interesting because it's easier to enjoy it the other way around for me. If I watch first, I get expectations and fixated on how those characters are portrayed that it makes it harder for me to come with them on my own in my mind while reading. But I really like your take on it and may see it that way for the future, especially if it's something I want to watch and also read.
Jenny

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 am

TenTwoSix wrote:
Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Hahaha, you're right! What was I thinking lol

Obviously someone cast Confundus near you! lol

Lol nicely done

Thank you! My charm work isn't always great, but re-reading the books for an upcoming HP bingo night is definitely helping! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:08 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:
I saw that Harry’s patronus was released at Barnes and Noble and cheaper too. I wonder if Hermoine and Ron’s will be released at B&N too. Am just scared to miss out on them. :(

I think they'll be easy enough to snag in store. And let's be honest, we all think they'll re-release in GITD versions at some point!

They should have been GITD from the start!

Agreed, but I think they're going to save them for big events, like SDCC and NYCC. ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:13 am

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Goodness knows I had plenty of rage over the HP movies differing from the books! I actually got to a point in Prisoner of Azkaban where I scrounged scrap paper and a pen from my bag, and was writing down all the things they'd messed up. So there's definitely an argument to be made for watching the movie first, and then enjoying the richness of the book after!
Image ImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:43 am

Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
I think they'll be easy enough to snag in store. And let's be honest, we all think they'll re-release in GITD versions at some point!

Agreed, but I think they're going to save them for big events, like SDCC and NYCC. ](*,)

Oof yeah, you are probably right.
ImageImageImage Image

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:47 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Looming forward to hunting during SDCC season!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:59 pm

Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
digithor wrote:
Good question, I can't actually remember that many in the films.

Had to look it up...between the books & movies there are 22 know Patronus

You don't happen to still have that list, do you? I was strictly going with what was shown at the DA meeting in the 5th movie, and of course didn't bother listing the 3 we definitely already know about!

https://www.insider.com/harry-potter-ch ... -terrier-6

hope this helps
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:56 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:

At least with shared exclusives, we will likely have a fighting chance for them!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:00 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Had to look it up...between the books & movies there are 22 know Patronus

You don't happen to still have that list, do you? I was strictly going with what was shown at the DA meeting in the 5th movie, and of course didn't bother listing the 3 we definitely already know about!

hope this helps

Very much so, thank you!! A little horrified that Umbridge of all people managed to conjure a patronus. Can't imagine what it was making her happy!
Image ImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:24 am

Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:

At least with shared exclusives, we will likely have a fighting chance for them!

Haha that is true!
ImageImageImage Image

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 pm

d00dz wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Agreed, i wonder if there will ever be a GITD bloody baron. Cant be sure if theyll ever make the GITD patronus, wish they made it from the start...

Yeah, it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't make GITD patronus.

100% agree to all

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:42 pm

Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Katers wrote:

hope this helps

Very much so, thank you!! A little horrified that Umbridge of all people managed to conjure a patronus. Can't imagine what it was making her happy!

too much info to type: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questio ... a-patronus

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:48 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Haha that is true!

So funny with the shareds...I've gone from "No, I don't need the con sticker" to "I NEED THE CON STICKER" to "Nah, I don't need the con sticker..." Always a journey with these guys!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:57 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

hope this helps

Makes sense, but I stand by not wanting to know what her 'happy' was to conjure her patronus! That way lies nightmares for the normal people, I think!
Image ImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:42 am

Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:

Haha that is true!

So funny with the shareds...I've gone from "No, I don't need the con sticker" to "I NEED THE CON STICKER" to "Nah, I don't need the con sticker..." Always a journey with these guys!

I used to be a stickler for stickers. Now I'm just happy to have a pop with a shared exclusive sticker.
ImageImageImage Image

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Katers wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Katers wrote:

Makes sense, but I stand by not wanting to know what her 'happy' was to conjure her patronus! That way lies nightmares for the normal people, I think!

LOL lol lol

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Goodness knows I had plenty of rage over the HP movies differing from the books! I actually got to a point in Prisoner of Azkaban where I scrounged scrap paper and a pen from my bag, and was writing down all the things they'd messed up. So there's definitely an argument to be made for watching the movie first, and then enjoying the richness of the book after!

I adored the books so much more after the movies. Its like the movie laid the ground rules, settings, and characters. After that the book just fills in all the voids the movie left out <3

But going from book to movies I can see why many were disappointed. I'm glad I didnt have that to take away from the movies

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:58 am

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I have an easier time enjoying them separately if I watch it first and then read the books. You know the idea of the story from the movie but get all the backup and extra detail while reading the book. It’s an added bonus if the story has a different ending in the book.

I adored the books so much more after the movies. Its like the movie laid the ground rules, settings, and characters. After that the book just fills in all the voids the movie left out <3

But going from book to movies I can see why many were disappointed. I'm glad I didnt have that to take away from the movies

I totally agree.
My best friend is a huge Harry Potter movie fan but she has never read the books. She's reading them now and keeps sending me messages of excitement. It's so nice to see the love for HP books through someone else's eyes.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:24 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I totally agree.
My best friend is a huge Harry Potter movie fan but she has never read the books. She's reading them now and keeps sending me messages of excitement. It's so nice to see the love for HP books through someone else's eyes.

My friend that was a hardcore HP fan read the books when they came out. Everytime a movie came out she would talk about how she absolutely hated it. On all the details they left out and etc haha

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:59 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I totally agree.

My friend that was a hardcore HP fan read the books when they came out. Everytime a movie came out she would talk about how she absolutely hated it. On all the details they left out and etc haha

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:56 pm

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Haha that is true!

I used to be a stickler for stickers. Now I'm just happy to have a pop with a shared exclusive sticker.

Happy to have it, and frankly, ready to spend my extra $ on the next pop on the list, not throw the extra at a reseller who raised the price for the 'real' sticker!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I have an easier time enjoying them separately if I watch it first and then read the books. You know the idea of the story from the movie but get all the backup and extra detail while reading the book. It’s an added bonus if the story has a different ending in the book.

Definitely perks to both sides. Movie then book leads to less disappointment, I would think, since yes it just fleshes out what you saw. But book to movie fills in any holes that the movie may have left. I was definitely always taught that you had to read the book before the movie. Which has lead to a lot of last minute reading!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 pm

Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I totally agree.

That's so sad! It would drive me nuts, but I also knew that they couldn't cram everything in because of budget and time. As long as it made sense at the end of the movie, you just have to sit back and enjoy the story and special effects!
Image ImageImage Image

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:29 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I totally agree.

That's so sad! It would drive me nuts, but I also knew that they couldn't cram everything in because of budget and time. As long as it made sense at the end of the movie, you just have to sit back and enjoy the story and special effects!

Yeah I always give them a pass. Like with Hunger games I read before I watched and I understood time is not on their side. I understand when movies split their last movies into two parts.

I'm seriously going to read HP again. I remember being stuck on it all day and only coming up for food haha

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:33 am

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Yeah I always give them a pass. Like with Hunger games I read before I watched and I understood time is not on their side. I understand when movies split their last movies into two parts.

I'm seriously going to read HP again. I remember being stuck on it all day and only coming up for food haha

HP is the cause of the first and only true all-nighter I ever pulled!

In other news, saw the Harry & Hermione patronus pops at B&N tonight! Of course they still look amazing....even if I do like mine with their stickers! Seems a bit silly to call them a pre-release though if they come out as commons a mere 2 weeks later! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:35 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:

In other news, saw the Harry & Hermione patronus pops at B&N tonight! Of course they still look amazing....even if I do like mine with their stickers! Seems a bit silly to call them a pre-release though if they come out as commons a mere 2 weeks later! lol

Sticker flex is always real. Even if they reglow it I might box swap

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:09 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh really? Guess I need to add BN to my list of places to try this weekend. I’m still missing Hermione.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Marquetry

Postby Marquetry » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Is it bothering anyone else that the Harry Stag Patronus (at least the WW one) and the Hot Topic Buckbeak are both number 104?

I love these, and it's just a tiny thing... but was very apparent when rearranging a shelf today :)

Edit: The stag, not the otter... but still the same number!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:51 am

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

And here I'm thinking that if they re-glow it, they'll start this whole cycle over again....pre-release glow here we come!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:53 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Oh really? Guess I need to add BN to my list of places to try this weekend. I’m still missing Hermione.

Definitely not a hardship to hit up BN at any given time! Lots at mine, hopefully a similar situation at yours!
Image ImageImage Image

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:15 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:

And here I'm thinking that if they re-glow it, they'll start this whole cycle over again....pre-release glow here we come!

Lmao they should why not. I love stickers hahha

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:33 am

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I'd say it has to have a pre-release sticker, but honestly...it doesn't. I'm a total sucker for GITD!
Image ImageImage Image

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:30 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'd say it has to have a pre-release sticker, but honestly...it doesn't. I'm a total sucker for GITD!

I love when I meet others like me. Steph knows I’m a glow funactic.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:59 am

ECCC less than 2 weeks away!

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 am

rexflexall wrote:ECCC less than 2 weeks away!

:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:45 am

Marquetry wrote:Is it bothering anyone else that the Harry Stag Patronus (at least the WW one) and the Hot Topic Buckbeak are both number 104?

I love these, and it's just a tiny thing... but was very apparent when rearranging a shelf today :)

Edit: The stag, not the otter... but still the same number!

Yes, but it happens all the time...you need to see the full SW line

Return to “Pop!”