Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

Postby TheStephil » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:28 pm

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Lmao they should why not. I love stickers hahha

I'd say it has to have a pre-release sticker, but honestly...it doesn't. I'm a total sucker for GITD!

I love when I meet others like me. Steph knows I’m a glow funactic.

Glow is probably one of the favorite variants out there. Who can hate on glow? It doesn't get extra dusty like flocked, it doesn't show finger prints like chrome. The only other variant that I think may be as popular is metallic.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:05 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
I'd say it has to have a pre-release sticker, but honestly...it doesn't. I'm a total sucker for GITD!

Glow is probably one of the favorite variants out there. Who can hate on glow? It doesn't get extra dusty like flocked, it doesn't show finger prints like chrome. The only other variant that I think may be as popular is metallic.

I get metallic is a fan favorite because you get what you get at face value. And it’s shiny lol. I always wondered can you deflock a pop or how it last over time. I’m always worried the flock job might wear down over time

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I get metallic is a fan favorite because you get what you get at face value. And it’s shiny lol. I always wondered can you deflock a pop or how it last over time. I’m always worried the flock job might wear down over time

I’ve been told people have flocked pops that wore down over time. I haven’t personally experienced it though.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:47 am

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Lmao they should why not. I love stickers hahha

I'm lucky that they haven't done too many HP GITD yet, but the Marvel ones are seriously out to harm my budget...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:51 am

Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I have nightmares about flock melting off my pop into a pile around the base! Still love it though! Just love the GITD better since it doesn't give me bad dreams!
Image ImageImage Image

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:52 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I have nightmares about flock melting off my pop into a pile around the base! Still love it though! Just love the GITD better since it doesn't give me bad dreams!

I have that secret fear as well. I try to collect both just in case. Most of my flocked pops I have the common (if available)

LeiaStahmaCatelyn

Postby LeiaStahmaCatelyn » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:57 am

Just ordered this one from Barnes & Nobles’ site! Just need the Basilisk then my HP set will be complete. Until the new ones come out.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:25 am

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Isn't it crazy that we have dreams about our pops? I've had dreams where I get my flocked pops wets and they get all moldy.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Angelina

Postby Angelina » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:54 pm

LeiaStahmaCatelyn wrote:Just ordered this one from Barnes & Nobles’ site! Just need the Basilisk then my HP set will be complete. Until the new ones come out.

Just when our collection is complete, they bring out new ones. It’s a never ending cycle of love and hate lol
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

Angelina

Postby Angelina » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:57 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I’ve been told people have flocked pops that wore down over time. I haven’t personally experienced it though.

So far my flocked pop’s still look great *knocks on wood* but I’m an in the box collector so I wonder if it effects ones that are kept OOB?!?

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Angelina wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

So far my flocked pop’s still look great *knocks on wood* but I’m an in the box collector so I wonder if it effects ones that are kept OOB?!?

I’ll just keep buying double to be safe ^ ^;

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:12 am

Killua916 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I have that secret fear as well. I try to collect both just in case. Most of my flocked pops I have the common (if available)

I don't have a lot of flocked - I'm very picky about them. Buckbeak is actually the first one I've bought in awhile!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:13 am

LeiaStahmaCatelyn wrote:Just ordered this one from Barnes & Nobles’ site! Just need the Basilisk then my HP set will be complete. Until the new ones come out.

Truer words were never spoken! So many coming out all the time...!
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:10 pm

Angelina wrote:

Just when our collection is complete, they bring out new ones. It’s a never ending cycle of love and hate lol

Exactly! I gave up awhile back to be a completist. It's just too much, especially the HP line. Same goes for the Doctor Who line, even though releases aren't as abundant as HP, I don't have a complete set. I just don't have the room!

chrislinkouswvu13

Postby chrislinkouswvu13 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:55 am

Really like this line of the HP pops
Hey, I’m Chris.

IG/Twitter: GhostGang1322

:freddy3: Image ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:26 am

Greymom wrote:
Angelina wrote:

Exactly! I gave up awhile back to be a completist. It's just too much, especially the HP line. Same goes for the Doctor Who line, even though releases aren't as abundant as HP, I don't have a complete set. I just don't have the room!

At the rate they're going with the HP line, we'd need actual showrooms! I envy you the DW line, seems like you get a new one every other convention or so? Don't get me wrong, they are putting out GREAT HP pops...but wow, there's a lot of them! I guess that's what we get with 7 books and 8 movies?
Image ImageImage Image

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:08 am

OMG this thread just reminded me that RON's Patronus came out today and I totally missed it cause I had to work today and forgot!!! if anyone ordered an extra and can help me out please let me know!! Dumb work...
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:26 am

magicalme wrote:OMG this thread just reminded me that RON's Patronus came out today and I totally missed it cause I had to work today and forgot!!! if anyone ordered an extra and can help me out please let me know!! Dumb work...

Sorry you missed it. Hopefully someone can help you out. I'm waiting on the common myself.
Hi, I’m Steph.

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:23 am

TheStephil wrote:
magicalme wrote:OMG this thread just reminded me that RON's Patronus came out today and I totally missed it cause I had to work today and forgot!!! if anyone ordered an extra and can help me out please let me know!! Dumb work...

Sorry you missed it. Hopefully someone can help you out. I'm waiting on the common myself.

yeah, I may have to settle for the common one. I got the Wizarding world Harry and Hermione though so would be nice to match lol

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:52 am

magicalme wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

yeah, I may have to settle for the common one. I got the Wizarding world Harry and Hermione though so would be nice to match lol

Can probably pick one up with a bit of patience in a few weeks that wouldn't cost that much.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:21 am

mmmrice wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I worry about Earthquakes daily. Stupid California.

At least our collectibles aren't made of glass!

You say that but those box corners don't do well when dropped :(

No, they really do not! I try to keep my in box pops in protectors, but I occasionally drop the ball - which inevitably ends up being the pops that get dropped, too! If the boxes get too mangled, then the pops come oob. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may need to get the commons on these just so I can take them oob, they look so good!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:26 am

TheStephil wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
Katers wrote:
At least our collectibles aren't made of glass!

You say that but those box corners don't do well when dropped :(

I gave up caring about box damage on 90% of my collection.

Better all around for levels of sanity!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:41 am

I know what you mean, I legit set an alarm on my phone for this because I knew I'd never remember otherwise! Wish I'd ordered 2 so I could help you...sorry!
Image ImageImage Image

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm really impressed with how fast they shipped out Hermoine & Ron's patronus pops & also that they all came in impeccable condition. Harry's Stag took over a week to get to me and I live relatively close to Studio City lmao lol

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Katers wrote:

I know what you mean, I legit set an alarm on my phone for this because I knew I'd never remember otherwise! Wish I'd ordered 2 so I could help you...sorry!

No worries. I can’t believe how much people are selling them for second market. I’ll have to settle for the non stickered version.

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:01 am

jadekitten wrote:I'm really impressed with how fast they shipped out Hermoine & Ron's patronus pops & also that they all came in impeccable condition. Harry's Stag took over a week to get to me and I live relatively close to Studio City lmao lol

I feel like they learned from Harry's Stag, and really stepped up their game for these next pops!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:04 am

magicalme wrote:
Katers wrote:

No worries. I can’t believe how much people are selling them for second market. I’ll have to settle for the non stickered version.

Well, 1 out of 3 isn't too bad, at least?
Image ImageImage Image

Angelina

Postby Angelina » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Greymom wrote:
Angelina wrote:

That’s why I chose to only fully collect the HP line but even this one is getting rough. Pretty soon they’re gonna be on every single wall in my house. Who needs family pictures on their walls?? Not this girl lol

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Angelina wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Angelina wrote:

That’s why I chose to only fully collect the HP line but even this one is getting rough. Pretty soon they’re gonna be on every single wall in my house. Who needs family pictures on their walls?? Not this girl lol

I keep second guessing my choice to be HP complete. I plan on getting all the new releases but taking my time to go back and fill in the holes from the earlier runs. I did find 6 pops I was missing over the weekend though so I'm not doing a good job at taking my time.
Hi, I’m Steph.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:39 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Greymom wrote:

I keep second guessing my choice to be HP complete. I plan on getting all the new releases but taking my time to go back and fill in the holes from the earlier runs. I did find 6 pops I was missing over the weekend though so I'm not doing a good job at taking my time.

Same, the collection has been getting massive. I'm quite glad no HP pops are too excessively expensive to obtain though :)
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:50 pm

chaostryder wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Angelina wrote:

Same, the collection has been getting massive. I'm quite glad no HP pops are too excessively expensive to obtain though :)

Totally agree. That's probably why I was so willing to catch up. The worst are about $100.00
Hi, I’m Steph.

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:52 pm

Katers wrote:
jadekitten wrote:I'm really impressed with how fast they shipped out Hermoine & Ron's patronus pops & also that they all came in impeccable condition. Harry's Stag took over a week to get to me and I live relatively close to Studio City lmao lol

I feel like they learned from Harry's Stag, and really stepped up their game for these next pops!

True that. I figured the same thing. Harry's Stag was definitely a learning process for them lol. I'm just glad they're all in mint condition considering they probably don't handle pops too much.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:23 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Greymom wrote:

I am a Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts completionist. Luckily I was a casual collector and only had a few Marvel Pops when they started the Harry Potter series. I had been wishing that they would make some Harry Potter Pops so I was thrilled when they were announced and got the first wave as soon as they were released. Since then as each wave was released I would work to get them as they were released and have limited myself just to Harry Potter and then Fantastic Beasts once they started that series. Luckily the waves are not too outrageous so it is manageable. The challenge has been getting the exclusives and finding them as they are released, especially the convention ones. Right now the one I am dreading is the limited Buckbeak with black eyes that Hot Topic has coming up in May.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Angelina wrote:

I am a Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts completionist. Luckily I was a casual collector and only had a few Marvel Pops when they started the Harry Potter series. I had been wishing that they would make some Harry Potter Pops so I was thrilled when they were announced and got the first wave as soon as they were released. Since then as each wave was released I would work to get them as they were released and have limited myself just to Harry Potter and then Fantastic Beasts once they started that series. Luckily the waves are not too outrageous so it is manageable. The challenge has been getting the exclusives and finding them as they are released, especially the convention ones. Right now the one I am dreading is the limited Buckbeak with black eyes that Hot Topic has coming up in May.

First numbered Harry Potter pop will be interesting to see. I am excited to add black eye Buckbeak to my collection
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 am

Angelina wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Angelina wrote:

My shelves are rapidly getting doubled up with HP pops! I thought I had it covered, but the last 2 waves have stolen back all the room I'd gained! I refuse to let them take over the house though...they have to stay in their room! No pictures on these walls though, there's no space!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Greymom wrote:

When you find older pops that you need though, you kinda have to get them! The opportunity was there! Who knows when it'll happen again? You did the right thing!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:51 am

jadekitten wrote:
Katers wrote:

True that. I figured the same thing. Harry's Stag was definitely a learning process for them lol. I'm just glad they're all in mint condition considering they probably don't handle pops too much.

Yep, I figured they had no idea what they'd gotten into with that first batch! I wonder how bad the return process was with that one?? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:53 am

TheStephil wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

First numbered Harry Potter pop will be interesting to see. I am excited to add black eye Buckbeak to my collection

I'm hoping to bring him home, too! Gotta admit though, I'm nervous about my chances!
Image ImageImage Image

Angelina

Postby Angelina » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:14 am

TheStephil wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Same!! But we’ve gone too far to go back now. I normally focus on getting the exclusives first and then I wait for sales and get the commons. That’s what I did when the Yule Ball wave was on sale on amazon. I paid around $55 for 9 pop’s so i got a great deal. I also got fang w/ hagrid’s hut for $16 on Amazon as well (which it’s still on sale if you haven’t gotten it). So sometimes it pays to wait. For the commons, at least. Also, fingers crossed the flippers don’t beat us to the black eyed buckbeak!! I’ll definitely let you know if I’m lucky and score an extra one.

Angelina

Postby Angelina » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:24 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

I'm hoping to bring him home, too! Gotta admit though, I'm nervous about my chances!

I’m right there with ya!! I can’t remember the last time I was this nervous for a release. I’m sending you lots of positive vibes!! Don’t forget to drink your Felix Felicis :-D

Return to “Pop!”