Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

Postby TheStephil » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:27 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:
I am a Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts completionist. Luckily I was a casual collector and only had a few Marvel Pops when they started the Harry Potter series. I had been wishing that they would make some Harry Potter Pops so I was thrilled when they were announced and got the first wave as soon as they were released. Since then as each wave was released I would work to get them as they were released and have limited myself just to Harry Potter and then Fantastic Beasts once they started that series. Luckily the waves are not too outrageous so it is manageable. The challenge has been getting the exclusives and finding them as they are released, especially the convention ones. Right now the one I am dreading is the limited Buckbeak with black eyes that Hot Topic has coming up in May.

First numbered Harry Potter pop will be interesting to see. I am excited to add black eye Buckbeak to my collection

I'm hoping to bring him home, too! Gotta admit though, I'm nervous about my chances!

I think it comes down to if he will have a numbered sticker or not. If they are numbered, he will probably stay a bit pricey.
Does anyone have updates on the sticker or anything like that?
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 am

Angelina wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Angelina wrote:
That’s why I chose to only fully collect the HP line but even this one is getting rough. Pretty soon they’re gonna be on every single wall in my house. Who needs family pictures on their walls?? Not this girl lol

I keep second guessing my choice to be HP complete. I plan on getting all the new releases but taking my time to go back and fill in the holes from the earlier runs. I did find 6 pops I was missing over the weekend though so I'm not doing a good job at taking my time.

Same!! But we’ve gone too far to go back now. I normally focus on getting the exclusives first and then I wait for sales and get the commons. That’s what I did when the Yule Ball wave was on sale on amazon. I paid around $55 for 9 pop’s so i got a great deal. I also got fang w/ hagrid’s hut for $16 on Amazon as well (which it’s still on sale if you haven’t gotten it). So sometimes it pays to wait. For the commons, at least. Also, fingers crossed the flippers don’t beat us to the black eyed buckbeak!! I’ll definitely let you know if I’m lucky and score an extra one.

I need to wait for commons more often. I end up spending full price way too often.
Good luck for us all on buckbeak!
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:01 am

Angelina wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
First numbered Harry Potter pop will be interesting to see. I am excited to add black eye Buckbeak to my collection

I'm hoping to bring him home, too! Gotta admit though, I'm nervous about my chances!

I’m right there with ya!! I can’t remember the last time I was this nervous for a release. I’m sending you lots of positive vibes!! Don’t forget to drink your Felix Felicis :-D

Thank you, and same to you! I always stress myself out over important releases, so of course this one is no different! I have faith that our group here will be successful!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:02 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I think it comes down to if he will have a numbered sticker or not. If they are numbered, he will probably stay a bit pricey.
Does anyone have updates on the sticker or anything like that?

I haven't heard anything about him recently, though this is usually where I come to get my updates!
Image ImageImage Image

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:14 pm

These patronus Pops look great!!!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:33 pm

RSVHockeyDude wrote:These patronus Pops look great!!!

Totally agree.
Hi, I’m Steph.

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:22 pm

Katers wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
Katers wrote:
I feel like they learned from Harry's Stag, and really stepped up their game for these next pops!

True that. I figured the same thing. Harry's Stag was definitely a learning process for them lol. I'm just glad they're all in mint condition considering they probably don't handle pops too much.

Yep, I figured they had no idea what they'd gotten into with that first batch! I wonder how bad the return process was with that one?? lol

Well all of mine came in a box that was barely bigger than the pop itself and in good condition So I feel like most orders were probably ok

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:23 pm

I'm just waiting for the GITD versions now. I wonder if they'll do Snape's next though?

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 pm

jadekitten wrote:

I'm just waiting for the GITD versions now. I wonder if they'll do Snape's next though?

I really hope so!
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:10 am

jadekitten wrote:
Katers wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
True that. I figured the same thing. Harry's Stag was definitely a learning process for them lol. I'm just glad they're all in mint condition considering they probably don't handle pops too much.

Yep, I figured they had no idea what they'd gotten into with that first batch! I wonder how bad the return process was with that one?? lol

Well all of mine came in a box that was barely bigger than the pop itself and in good condition So I feel like most orders were probably ok

It seems they did better on shipping the singles rather than multiples. All 3 of my (single order) patronus pops for the pre-order came in great shape, so I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:11 am

jadekitten wrote:

I feel like if (when?) we get Snape's patronus, it'll be GITD and a convention exclusive! Looking forward to it!!
Image ImageImage Image

sakura17

Postby sakura17 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:37 am

I really do like this pop as well. I know we are getting the special sticker of it being pre-exclusive, but it would be great if they actually do a number on the box so you know how really special and limited it is.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Forgot to pick this one up!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:37 pm

rexflexall wrote:Forgot to pick this one up!

Should still be able to get it later since it was just a pre release. Or just check ebay, they are coming pretty close to retail with free shipping if you search around.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:06 pm

digithor wrote:

Should still be able to get it later since it was just a pre release. Or just check ebay, they are coming pretty close to retail with free shipping if you search around.

These are luckily easy to pickup. I was going to pick up the common Otter but I am on self isolation so I guess I'll just have to wait.
Hi, I’m Steph.

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:49 pm

I love the Patronus series! My husband teases me about how dainty the otter is but whatever! I call them my patroni crew cause in my head that seems like a good plural for patronus. LOL Do we think they'll do more in the series?
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:41 pm

TheStephil wrote:
digithor wrote:

These are luckily easy to pickup. I was going to pick up the common Otter but I am on self isolation so I guess I'll just have to wait.

The only good news is, so is everyone else in our state right now! So the Otter will be waiting for you when we can resume our normal hunting activities!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:14 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
digithor wrote:

The only good news is, so is everyone else in our state right now! So the Otter will be waiting for you when we can resume our normal hunting activities!

Very good point! I did see a local BN was open on Friday when we drove by to grab food but I didn’t want to venture inside.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Very good point! I did see a local BN was open on Friday when we drove by to grab food but I didn’t want to venture inside.

Yeah, I went to WM today, and it was really not worth it. I tried really hard to avoid everyone, but a lot of people weren't doing their part. Got out of there as quickly as I could, and will not go back soon! That's the good thing about it being a common though, should be easy enough to find (or have a friend find for you, if need be!) after the world is healthy again!
Image ImageImage Image

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:14 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I ordered my Otter regular release online. I have had good luck with Barnes & Noble with their online orders so it should arrive in excellent condition .

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

I ordered my Otter regular release online. I have had good luck with Barnes & Noble with their online orders so it should arrive in excellent condition .

They seem to be good for the most part with online orders.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 am

digithor wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I haven't yet had a problem with a B&N shipment. Hopefully that trend continues!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

I haven't yet had a problem with a B&N shipment. Hopefully that trend continues!

I should just bite the bullet and order online.
Hi, I’m Steph.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:08 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

I've only had a small issue with my last order, 2 pops and they were a bit squished in the shipping box. Nothing too bad though, boxes look a little bloated but it doesn't bother me.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:10 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I should just bite the bullet and order online.

Online orders are definitely the way to go right now! Plus, it's so much fun to open the delivery box when it arrives!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:13 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I've only had a small issue with my last order, 2 pops and they were a bit squished in the shipping box. Nothing too bad though, boxes look a little bloated but it doesn't bother me.

The best thing about B&N is if they do come damaged, we can (usually) go to the store and swap them with a better box! Nice to have that guarantee.
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

The best thing about B&N is if they do come damaged, we can (usually) go to the store and swap them with a better box! Nice to have that guarantee.

Not when you are in Canada. lol
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well... might be better to hold off on the swaps right now.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:57 pm

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Not when you are in Canada. lol

Aw, fail, sorry about that! I tend to forget about worldwide shipping issues. Especially glad then that your last order was in halfway decent shape!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:08 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh, absolutely! A lot of companies are extending their return policy periods, which is nice. Of course, B&N has a terribly short return period anyway, so I wouldn't trust it unless I had to. I think you'll be able to find them easily in store when the world goes back to normal.
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:12 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, absolutely! A lot of companies are extending their return policy periods, which is nice. Of course, B&N has a terribly short return period anyway, so I wouldn't trust it unless I had to. I think you'll be able to find them easily in store when the world goes back to normal.

Yeah, I think so too. I’m not worried. I’d like to have time to take some pictures but I have plenty of figures to photograph.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Yeah, I think so too. I’m not worried. I’d like to have time to take some pictures but I have plenty of figures to photograph.

Oh, and this particular set photographs so beautifully! Rats! Well, as you say, there are lots of other options at least!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, and this particular set photographs so beautifully! Rats! Well, as you say, there are lots of other options at least!

Totally agree. They are stunning.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Return to “Pop!”