Wonder Woman 1984 Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ratattack

Re: Wonder Woman 1984 Pops

Postby Ratattack » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:37 am

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote: [-o<

I really hope so too. Been wanting to see Cheetah finally get revealed.

Cheetah is my favorite villain i think in the dc universe. Even back in the cartoons

Cheetah is such an organic take on a villain. I really like her as well. I'm most intrigued by how they will portray her and also what Kristen Wiig will bring to the role.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:43 am

millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Same here. Aside from seeing Wonder Woman back in action, I really want to see Cheetah's final look. I really believe that her interpretation could make or break the movie. I know that the movie is much more than Wonder Woman's rivalry with Cheetah, but Cheetah is such an iconic villain that if the portrayal is cheap then it might be R.I.P. Wonder Woman.

Agree with this. This movie looks a little too much like the last one imo. Im afraid people are going to get bored quickly

So far from the trailers, I get the same feeling. They weren't done with their ad campaign though, so I think they still had to unveil at least one more trailer. Maybe that trailer is what gets all the butterflies flying around in our stomachs :-k With how the world is shaping up, it will be a while before we see it though :(

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:47 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Same here. Aside from seeing Wonder Woman back in action, I really want to see Cheetah's final look. I really believe that her interpretation could make or break the movie. I know that the movie is much more than Wonder Woman's rivalry with Cheetah, but Cheetah is such an iconic villain that if the portrayal is cheap then it might be R.I.P. Wonder Woman.

I completely agree. It's like if Thanos looked skinny and short.

Yep! Also if the visual effects look poorly done, then RIP ](*,)

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:50 am

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Agree with this. This movie looks a little too much like the last one imo. Im afraid people are going to get bored quickly

As long as it has a good story. That other villain has some good interesting powers.

To me, a big part of the success is how the visual effects turn out. If they look remotely as bad as Stephen Wolf's face, ima just going to look the other way lol
Like, it might turn out to be a good time to take a bathroom break. lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 am

mmmrice wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
grumpysf23 wrote:
Agree here, Mulan won't be going to direct to stream due to the amount of money they would lose from China and oversees. On top of that, Disney has spent so much money on marketing, they would already be at a lost. I suspect Mulan will be pushed back to 2021.

I really hope this is the case. I really want to see all three, Mulan, Black Widow, and Wonder Woman, on a big screen [-o<

There's no way it wouldn't happen. That's just throwing money away.

I'm crossing all the fingers I got!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:07 am

mmmrice wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Agree with this. This movie looks a little too much like the last one imo. Im afraid people are going to get bored quickly

As long as it has a good story. That other villain has some good interesting powers.

Yeah I hate it when the villain is the mirror of the hero. Makes the fight scenes boring.

Couldn't agree with you more :freddy4:

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:11 pm

Ratattack wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Yeah I hate it when the villain is the mirror of the hero. Makes the fight scenes boring.

I think the only exception is killmonger but I think marvel has done a better job at making it interesting at least.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:05 pm

mmmrice wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Agree with this. This movie looks a little too much like the last one imo. Im afraid people are going to get bored quickly

It's understandable why they do that. It makes sense people would try to steal that idea and improve on it or was infected in the same manner, but had a different outcome. Take for instance the first Iron Man movie. Two similar concepts and the fight scene wasn't really that good at the end, so they had to slightly deviate the fight with other characters.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Cheetah is my favorite villain i think in the dc universe. Even back in the cartoons

Cheetah is such an organic take on a villain. I really like her as well. I'm most intrigued by how they will portray her and also what Kristen Wiig will bring to the role.

I just hope they don't use that brown/yellowish color and make her wear spandex.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:07 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

So far from the trailers, I get the same feeling. They weren't done with their ad campaign though, so I think they still had to unveil at least one more trailer. Maybe that trailer is what gets all the butterflies flying around in our stomachs :-k With how the world is shaping up, it will be a while before we see it though :(

I hope they take tips from Marvel and the trailer to this one has no bearing on the movie, since they filmed extra scenes just for the trailer.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:08 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Yes, like that last DC movie when they all got together. Effects looked horrible.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

To me, a big part of the success is how the visual effects turn out. If they look remotely as bad as Stephen Wolf's face, ima just going to look the other way lol

haha, I just referenced that movie in another one of your comments. I totally agree, Wolf's face, horrible. But if the story line is really good, I might forgive the effects.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 pm

mmmrice wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
mmmrice wrote:Yeah I hate it when the villain is the mirror of the hero. Makes the fight scenes boring.

I think the only exception is killmonger but I think marvel has done a better job at making it interesting at least.

Killmonger was an interesting take. Which is why I believe if the story is good for that character, I'm willing to forgive other aspects on the character. I also know change is good for a character, to keep the audience guessing. Walking Dead is a good example. We have the comics, but the producers of the show, change minor things so people are not just guessing what is going to happen next. Makes for a boring show/movie.

millone

Postby millone » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:56 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Sweet. I'd like them to make Cheetah look like the comics, but I do want them to give her a good flair.

Im worried they are going to dc movie universe her and its going to be too stylized. I want the old campy costume

millone

Postby millone » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:57 pm

mmmrice wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Agree. Its sort of the point of comics where everyone is super unique

millone

Postby millone » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:58 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Kristin wiig seems like a weird choice but i hope she does great

millone

Postby millone » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:59 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Thanos skinny and short would be amazing. To go with fat thor

millone

Postby millone » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:00 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:Cheetah is my favorite villain i think in the dc universe. Even back in the cartoons

I just hope they don't use that brown/yellowish color and make her wear spandex.

Nooooooo. Thats exactly what i want. Haha

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:12 am

mmmrice wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
mmmrice wrote:Yeah I hate it when the villain is the mirror of the hero. Makes the fight scenes boring.

OH! That's a great example! Hopefully Wonder Woman lives to our expectations [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:15 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:Cheetah is my favorite villain i think in the dc universe. Even back in the cartoons

Yeah, that would be a fail. Hopefully they don't take the cheap approach [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:19 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I hope they take tips from Marvel and the trailer to this one has no bearing on the movie, since they filmed extra scenes just for the trailer.

That's a great idea. :idea: So the actually movie is filled with completely unreleased footage. :bounce:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:20 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Yes, like that last DC movie when they all got together. Effects looked horrible.

Yeah. It almost looked like everything was behind a smokescreen #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

haha, I just referenced that movie in another one of your comments. I totally agree, Wolf's face, horrible. But if the story line is really good, I might forgive the effects.

Yeah. If the story is solid, then it will stabilize poor visual effects if there are any. I'm hoping for a home run though [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:34 am

millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Quite frankly when I first heard the announcement of who was playing cheetah, I kinda rolled my eyes. I like Kristen Wiig, but not in this type of role. I don't doubt her ability, but she's built a career in comedy. Seeing her in this role felt weird at first. Her casting has now sunk in and I've come to accept it; but at first, I thought that maybe WB didn't have many options.

Hopefully she gives a stellar performance that lifts the movie. This will help her career and also make us all happy :freddy4:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 am

millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

lol great idea :roflmao:
Almost like the ying to his yang :freddy2:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:37 am

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

lmao lol We'll have to wait and see who gets their way :bounce:

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:13 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Spandex will probably happen, not sure what other material could be used for her costume.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:38 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Sweet. I'd like them to make Cheetah look like the comics, but I do want them to give her a good flair.

Im worried they are going to dc movie universe her and its going to be too stylized. I want the old campy costume

If they do try to combine her with the rest of the DC, and not try to do a stand alone, I can say goodbye to a good character.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:40 pm

millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I like Wiig, she has done some good roles.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:58 pm

millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

It would be funny if he did the same thing Jason Momoa did in that one commercial.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:00 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I'd prefer if they do a scene where you see that costume laying around in the background as she walks past it.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Yeah, that would be a fail. Hopefully they don't take the cheap approach [-o<

I did like how Wolverine in X-Men mention his yellow spandex at one point in the movie and makes fun of it. I would not want to see my character wear that.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

That's a great idea. :idea: So the actually movie is filled with completely unreleased footage. :bounce:

Yes. Marvel is good at that and I hope DC takes notes.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Yeah. It almost looked like everything was behind a smokescreen #-o

Yes, agree. I wonder if they were in a hurry.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Yeah. If the story is solid, then it will stabilize poor visual effects if there are any. I'm hoping for a home run though [-o<

So far the latest Batman trilogy has been the only DC to do a great job. And the latest Joker if you want to count that too.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:55 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

lol great idea :roflmao:
Almost like the ying to his yang :freddy2:

lol lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:56 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

lmao lol We'll have to wait and see who gets their way :bounce:

hahaha. Always to sides to what people want. I like that. Yes, guess we will see what comes out.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:59 pm

mmmrice wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Spandex will probably happen, not sure what other material could be used for her costume.

The reason I don't like spandex is if we see the Cheetah version with the brown/yellowish spandex and that's it. I hope they do more of a style like the Broadway show "Cats." More of a fur type material.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:02 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

If they do try to combine her with the rest of the DC, and not try to do a stand alone, I can say goodbye to a good character.

I hope they don't go this route. Just let her develop as a villain first.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I like Wiig, she has done some good roles.

I really hope she does well. Judging from the first trailer, I can see they are trying to play a comedic angle with Barbara Minerva; so I can see why they casted Wiig in to the role. She has a solid background in comedy.

Ah! I can not wait! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Return to “Pop!”