Missing Disney has made me realize how many great Disney pops haven’t been made

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MacKazoo

Re: Missing Disney has made me realize how many great Disney pops haven’t been made

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 pm

This one came up recently but we are still waiting on the Tourist Genie.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

RSVHockeyDude

Re: Missing Disney has made me realize how many great Disney pops haven’t been made

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:06 pm

Would need to get all of these!!! Great ideas!

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:11 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:I'm missing Disney also. Would be cool if they release a funko pop park ride and we can connect them as they are released recreating the whole park

OOOOH, I like this =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 pm

Disney pops have always looked good. I missed out on a few from the start, so I never bothered collecting them. There are a few that I did get, but I happened to pass it along to a Disney fan. Funko really puts efforts into those pops, my favorites so far have been Pinocchio and Carl/Ellie 2 pack. The Little Mermaid moment was incredible as well. I hop Funko never stops making Disney pops, they have so much love in them.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:16 pm

Disney pops have always looked good. I missed out on a few from the start, so I never bothered collecting them. There are a few that I did get, but I happened to pass it along to a Disney fan. Funko really puts efforts into those pops, my favorites so far have been Pinocchio and Carl/Ellie 2 pack. The Little Mermaid moment was incredible as well. I hop Funko never stops making Disney pops, they have so much love in them.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:55 am

nightbodega wrote:Disney pops have always looked good. I missed out on a few from the start, so I never bothered collecting them. There are a few that I did get, but I happened to pass it along to a Disney fan. Funko really puts efforts into those pops, my favorites so far have been Pinocchio and Carl/Ellie 2 pack. The Little Mermaid moment was incredible as well. I hop Funko never stops making Disney pops, they have so much love in them.

This is why I made Disney one of my two main lines. I love Disney so much, and love their pops even more. I think Funko did an amazing job with almost all the Disney pops. I don't see them stopping as long as they have the license. It is such a benefit for them and Disney.
Collecting since 2014

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:07 am

Disney has always been one of my main lines but often i feel the Disney pops lack focus.

Plenty of Mickeys and elsa tbh. here's hoping to have some throwback on some classics.
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:50 am

kelvinwong wrote:Disney has always been one of my main lines but often i feel the Disney pops lack focus.

Plenty of Mickeys and elsa tbh. here's hoping to have some throwback on some classics.

Which classics?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:53 am

kelvinwong wrote:Disney has always been one of my main lines but often i feel the Disney pops lack focus.

What disney pops would you like to be added?
Collecting since 2014

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:08 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

What disney pops would you like to be added?

I would like to see Wendy and the Lost Boys
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:58 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:Disney pops have always looked good. I missed out on a few from the start, so I never bothered collecting them. There are a few that I did get, but I happened to pass it along to a Disney fan. Funko really puts efforts into those pops, my favorites so far have been Pinocchio and Carl/Ellie 2 pack. The Little Mermaid moment was incredible as well. I hope Funko never stops making Disney pops, they have so much love in them.

This is why I made Disney one of my two main lines. I love Disney so much, and love their pops even more. I think Funko did an amazing job with almost all the Disney pops. I don't see them stopping as long as they have the license. It is such a benefit for them and Disney.

Funko needs to be recognized by us for their hard work, even if its just us saying "Thank You." That goes a long way. I also hope they always have the license.

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:19 am

digithor wrote:

Which classics?

hehe i grew up on the old movies. some of the ideas bouncing around...

movie moment with Snow white & 7 dwards or snow white with the poison apple.
Sleeping Beauty with poison needle
rapunzel with hair being cut
dancing beauty and the beast

its just that i felt the OG disney pops were very much focus on the single character production. with the new moulds coming out, there are alot of interesting moulds for like stitch (elvis, aloha, w ducks, and many more) and focus on the new disney lines have been great (just see the many elsa and frozen related) but maybe a throw back to classic disney to capture the great moments for the older disneys would be great. (But that's just my opinion, im an oldie)
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 am

nightbodega wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:Disney pops have always looked good. I missed out on a few from the start, so I never bothered collecting them. There are a few that I did get, but I happened to pass it along to a Disney fan. Funko really puts efforts into those pops, my favorites so far have been Pinocchio and Carl/Ellie 2 pack. The Little Mermaid moment was incredible as well. I hope Funko never stops making Disney pops, they have so much love in them.

Funko needs to be recognized by us for their hard work, even if its just us saying "Thank You." That goes a long way. I also hope they always have the license.

I don't think there are ever enough Thank You to Funko for everything they create and do for us funatics and the community. They definitely bring me a lot of fun.
Collecting since 2014

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:06 am

kelvinwong wrote:
digithor wrote:

Which classics?

its just that i felt the OG disney pops were very much focus on the single character production. with the new moulds coming out, there are alot of interesting moulds for like stitch (elvis, aloha, w ducks, and many more) and focus on the new disney lines have been great (just see the many elsa and frozen related) but maybe a throw back to classic disney to capture the great moments for the older disneys would be great. (But that's just my opinion, im an oldie)

It’s cool as those movie moments would be, I’m afraid that they’ll never happen because of how later Disney treasure didn’t do great with sales because of the large movie moments.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

POPFan4life

Postby POPFan4life » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:42 pm

I REALLY want

Tod & Copper from Fox & the Hound
Oliver & Company POPs
the rest of the Aristocats
the rest of the Lady & the Tramp characters
more Frozen (can't have enough of them!)
a Christmas Stitch POP
new Muppets or Muppet babies molds
a POP of Rugby tiger from the Christmas Toy

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:51 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
digithor wrote:
Which classics?

It’s cool as those movie moments would be, I’m afraid that they’ll never happen because of how later Disney treasure didn’t do great with sales because of the large movie moments.

I think they could still do these because I think there would be a high enough demand for the movie moments. The issue with sales I don't think were tired to large movie moments. I believe it was more of an issue people didn't feel like they were getting their money worth with all the other non pop stuff. I feel as if I heard people start to complain about the filler material.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:53 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
digithor wrote:
Which classics?

I think they could still do these because I think there would be a high enough demand for the movie moments. The issue with sales I don't think were tired to large movie moments. I believe it was more of an issue people didn't feel like they were getting their money worth with all the other non pop stuff. I feel as if I heard people start to complain about the filler material.
Collecting since 2014

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Yup missing the Disney. More Movie Moments would be great

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:11 pm

AnimalX wrote:Yup missing the Disney. More Movie Moments would be great

I would love to see more movie moment. I really love movie moments. I think they are awesome.
Collecting since 2014

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:05 pm

MacKazoo wrote:This one came up recently but we are still waiting on the Tourist Genie.

I'd love to see this, especially with a flocked shirt.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:19 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
digithor wrote:

Which classics?

Snow white movie moment would be neat, maybe even her with the witch and the apple.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:00 am

POPFan4life wrote:I REALLY want

Tod & Copper from Fox & the Hound
Oliver & Company POPs
the rest of the Aristocats
the rest of the Lady & the Tramp characters
more Frozen (can't have enough of them!)
a Christmas Stitch POP
new Muppets or Muppet babies molds
a POP of Rugby tiger from the Christmas Toy

Great list, definitely need Tod & Copper
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:46 am

digithor wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
digithor wrote:
Which classics?

Snow white movie moment would be neat, maybe even her with the witch and the apple.

Yup yup I grew up with the older classics. Love those as they strike a chord in my childhood... not some more elsa and gang but I Guess it’s for the new gens kids.
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:49 am

nascar246788 wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

I Guess it could be due to a lot of factors.. one of which was the that you me, there a lot of Funko pops coming out and as much as I love disney I too like marvel and other misc lines. It kinda strains the finance strings too much knowing that there are a lot of classics and new moulds coming out. Not forgetting major cons taking place within few months of each other. But that’s just me... I had to really slow my collection and purge some lines that I can no longer keep up with
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:50 am

MacKazoo wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
digithor wrote:
Which classics?

To a extend I too agree. It’s also their own undoing for pushing out too many pops (too fast too furious)
ImageImageImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:58 am

kelvinwong wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

To a extend I too agree. It’s also their own undoing for pushing out too many pops (too fast too furious)

I still kept on seeing the Aladdin box at HT on deep discount

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:33 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
digithor wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

Yup yup I grew up with the older classics. Love those as they strike a chord in my childhood... not some more elsa and gang but I Guess it’s for the new gens kids.

I'm on the same boat there.
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:31 am

kelvinwong wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:It’s cool as those movie moments would be, I’m afraid that they’ll never happen because of how later Disney treasure didn’t do great with sales because of the large movie moments.

I Guess it could be due to a lot of factors.. one of which was the that you me, there a lot of Funko pops coming out and as much as I love disney I too like marvel and other misc lines. It kinda strains the finance strings too much knowing that there are a lot of classics and new moulds coming out. Not forgetting major cons taking place within few months of each other. But that’s just me... I had to really slow my collection and purge some lines that I can no longer keep up with

I know the feeling. I had to cut myself off from collecting Marvel and DC. I told myself I already had the characters I liked and that I am satisfied with the molds I have. So it helps that I keep to DIsney and Freddy Funko as my main line. I have started to do the same with Disney though. I had to be satisfied with the molds I do have. Mickey and Indiana Jones are the exceptions to that rule.
Collecting since 2014

POPFan4life

Postby POPFan4life » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:25 pm

I also forgot I would luv it if they made a POP of Don karnage & Molly from tale Spin.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I think they should make more Disney Park exclusives, but decrease the production runs.

Maybe make a tad less but they don't want to make em to scarce. Limited Disney is usually reserved for conventions.

True. They should find a happy medium, like when Indiana Jones, the Haunted Mansion, and the Abominable Snowman were released. The production count wasn’t very high and didn’t warm the shelves.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:51 am

nascar246788 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I know the feeling. I had to cut myself off from collecting Marvel and DC. I told myself I already had the characters I liked and that I am satisfied with the molds I have. So it helps that I keep to DIsney and Freddy Funko as my main line. I have started to do the same with Disney though. I had to be satisfied with the molds I do have. Mickey and Indiana Jones are the exceptions to that rule.

Hehe I respect that discipline. I’m starting along that path too! First to go are my Star Wars...*Insert Sad crying face*
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:38 am

kelvinwong wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

Hehe I respect that discipline. I’m starting along that path too! First to go are my Star Wars...*Insert Sad crying face*

It is tough but space is a valuable resource that is for sure. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do.
Collecting since 2014

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:15 am

So many great series that haven't been made into pops... most of them are old school though. Like nearly all of the good ones are old school. HEY FUNKO! IF YOU ARE READING THIS FORUM, MAYBE YOU SHOULD PAY MORE ATTENTION! K, bye.

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:30 am

Skeleton Dance and Big Bad Wolf from the early stuff

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 am

nascar246788 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

It is tough but space is a valuable resource that is for sure. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do.

got to agree with that! space is indeed a very valuable resource. lol
ImageImageImageImage

POPFan4life

Postby POPFan4life » Thu May 21, 2020 1:18 am

I was wondering about other Disney POPs I would luv to see in the future. I was watching the Rescuers a few nights ago. Its one of my top favorite movies of the old school Disney animation and I would really LUV to see characters fom this movie be made. I would love them to make a POP of Penny holding her teddy bear most of all. I would also luv to see:

Bernard
Bianca
Medusa (even though I don't like her)
Snoops
and maybe Brutus and Nero (I don't really like them either)

what do you guys think?

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu May 21, 2020 2:07 am

Nooklin wrote:Skeleton Dance and Big Bad Wolf from the early stuff

Skeleton dance, nice idea you have there. What a classic that is, wouldn't mind adding that.
ImageImageImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu May 21, 2020 7:36 am

We will ALWAYS need more Disney! lol
Sword in the Stone, Fox & the Hound, more Robin Hood, more Jungle Book, more Roger Rabbit, definitely more classic Disney.
Disney moments would be great to see: Arthur pulling the sword, Roger & Eddie about to crash with Benny, 101 Dalmatians crossing the street in front of Cruella, etc

I do not collect Marvel or SW but I really like the Amazon exclusive build-a-scenes they are doing.
Maybe Funko can do a few Disney ones: Jungle Book dance scene from King Louis' palace, the archery contest in Robin Hood, the end scene from 101 Dalmatians with everyone in the living room, Battle of the Bugs in Wreck-it Ralph, Presenting Simba from the Lion King, etc
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:24 am

digithor wrote:
Nooklin wrote:Skeleton Dance and Big Bad Wolf from the early stuff

Skeleton dance, nice idea you have there. What a classic that is, wouldn't mind adding that.

Big Bad Wolf .... Hopefully not too cute
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 am

I want to see some Sword In the Stone POPs. That was my jam growing up.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Return to “Pop!”