War Machine Variant?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

War Machine Variant?

Postby lazcommalisa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:00 pm

I've been trying to finish up a few lines before they get even more expensive. One of them being the Iron Man 3 wave. I recently bought an Iron Man 3 lot that included the 4 commons from that set. I already had War Machine so I planned on selling it. I realized that the War Machine I owned was different from the lot I bought. There were 3 noticeable differences I noticed:

1. Different JJL Dates
2. Different shades of grey
3. The foot stamps on the bottom.

All Iron Man 3 pops were bought from Facebook groups so I don't think they're fake. But I would love any insight if someone thinks otherwise. The JJL dates to me make sense since a first wave of them could have come out in January 2013 and then more produced for the May 2013 release. I also found eBay and Mercari listings with both JJL dates. I couldn't find anything about War Machine variants so if its a known fact, I was completely unaware.

rexflexall

Re: War Machine Variant?

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:32 am

Most likely same Pop, but just made in different factories - hence the different JJL sticker and the different shades of gray.

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:04 pm

rexflexall wrote:Most likely same Pop, but just made in different factories - hence the different JJL sticker and the different shades of gray.

yah, this is not uncommon.
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Yup, this is just different factory runs as you have said (jan 2013 and May 2013). Should be all good. Cheers!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Return to “Pop!”