NES pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Brunodog

NES pops

Postby Brunodog » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 pm

I've seen a lot of talk on threads for arcade game pops and though it would also be cool to seem some 8-bit NES pops. Honestly any property from there would be cool though maybe the Dog from Duck Hunt or the original Mario (if Nintendo allows). Some other old 8-bit Nintendo characters would be cool (Link, Doctor Mario). Would anyone else be interested?
Well I honestly like pretty much anything to do with pop culture soooooo... :colors:
Pops Owned: 54
Newest: Bushfire Heroes
Oldest: Krypto the Superdog

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: NES pops

Postby zaghawk » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:10 pm

There's a ton of interest, you're not the only one. Licensing is the issue. Want this to happen, get everyone you know to beg Nintendo to give Funko the license. That being said I think Nintendo doesn't want to jeopardize their Amiibo products similar to where we don't see any Spawn POPs.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 pm

zaghawk wrote:There's a ton of interest, you're not the only one. Licensing is the issue. Want this to happen, get everyone you know to beg Nintendo to give Funko the license. That being said I think Nintendo doesn't want to jeopardize their Amiibo products similar to where we don't see any Spawn POPs.

I agree, pops are too similar to amiibo. It's a really tough license for Funko to get. If they did though, I'd be all over the super mario bros pops!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:12 am

The Pops world would absolutely blow up if Funko is given the license for Nintendo pops. So many to create

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:18 am

Lego has been on a roll with regards with Nintendo license with the Mario sets as well as the just announces NES set. I hope Funko follows real soon.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:20 am

TenTwoSix wrote:
zaghawk wrote:There's a ton of interest, you're not the only one. Licensing is the issue. Want this to happen, get everyone you know to beg Nintendo to give Funko the license. That being said I think Nintendo doesn't want to jeopardize their Amiibo products similar to where we don't see any Spawn POPs.

I agree, pops are too similar to amiibo. It's a really tough license for Funko to get. If they did though, I'd be all over the super mario bros pops!

Brian was very vocal about this at FunDays a few years ago. It's less the ability to get the license rather than Nintendo does not want "Pop!" styled deformed versions of their characters. Apparently Nintendo has some strict style guidelines for their properties that Pop! does not jive with.

Brian said outright to contact Nintendo and start a letter campaign if we ever want to see Nintendo Pop figures happen.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:27 am

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:36 am

joecolt wrote:The Pops world would absolutely blow up if Funko is given the license for Nintendo pops. So many to create

If they made a Yoshi, I agree.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

MrFurious55

Postby MrFurious55 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:41 am

I really like the 8 bit pops, which NES could produce. Not very popular though.
- :freddy1:

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:24 pm

MrFurious55 wrote:I really like the 8 bit pops, which NES could produce. Not very popular though.

Yeah the 8-bit Pops got a lot of hate. I liked most of them though especially the Mega Man ones.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

iRomey74

Postby iRomey74 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:25 pm

I would love some fzero Funko ride pops!
Sdcc: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
Fundays: struck out every year since 2012

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Duck hunt would be an interesting and awesome pop for sure.
Collecting since 2014

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:02 pm

The Contra pops look great

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:11 pm

nascar246788 wrote:Duck hunt would be an interesting and awesome pop for sure.

A Duck Hunt moment would be awesome. LOL

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:02 pm

jagpop wrote:
joecolt wrote:The Pops world would absolutely blow up if Funko is given the license for Nintendo pops. So many to create

So many Yoshi variants can be done

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:08 pm

joecolt wrote:
jagpop wrote:

So many Yoshi variants can be done

Tru dat. Make like a 10 pack.

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:54 pm

I'll just keep saying this, if you all want Nintendo pops...Quit dreaming on this board what could happen and just get everyone you know to bombard Nintendo's social media begging for them to give the license to Funko. Have literally any one of you ever posted on any Nintendo Social Media Channel "Please give us Nintendo Funko Pops"?

Man could you imagine if Funko could make Nintendo Pops?

Sure would be cool...but Nintendo won't give Funko the license.

But it would sell like hot cakes!

I know right? too bad Nintendo won't give Funko the License.

Yeah but they could make like so many variants of Yoshi and Mario...

Yeah...if only Nintendo would give Funko the license as if they knew their fanbase actually wanted it.

Donkey Kong pops would be great....

Are you not getting this?

It's already been stated at many Funko panels, Funko has tried over and over again to get the license for Nintendo pops. If you want it to happen, hit Nintendo and let them see from their own fanbase people want this to happen.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:33 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

Brian was very vocal about this at FunDays a few years ago. It's less the ability to get the license rather than Nintendo does not want "Pop!" styled deformed versions of their characters. Apparently Nintendo has some strict style guidelines for their properties that Pop! does not jive with.

Brian said outright to contact Nintendo and start a letter campaign if we ever want to see Nintendo Pop figures happen.

What you wrote still means...they won’t give the license to a Funko...
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:57 am

zaghawk wrote:I'll just keep saying this, if you all want Nintendo pops...Quit dreaming on this board what could happen and just get everyone you know to bombard Nintendo's social media begging for them to give the license to Funko. Have literally any one of you ever posted on any Nintendo Social Media Channel "Please give us Nintendo Funko Pops"?

Yeah...if only Nintendo would give Funko the license as if they knew their fanbase actually wanted it.

It's already been stated at many Funko panels, Funko has tried over and over again to get the license for Nintendo pops. If you want it to happen, hit Nintendo and let them see from their own fanbase people want this to happen.

That's how it might just have to go, it's very clear that funko wants the license. Need to build up that momentum on the other side.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

FFreddyFan

Postby FFreddyFan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:07 am

Donkey Kong came straight to mind when I saw the thread title. I’d like a Yoshi too.

Dr. Mario Chase!!

Zelda a Tetris pop would be interesting to design.

Second game I bought was king fu. Don’t know if it went down so well, but I was young, played and enjoyed it.

Gee those square controllers used to kill my thumbs. Lol

Was there a Final Fantasy title on the NES? Or was it first released on the SNES?
I Heard A Rumour.....

Umbrella Academy collector atm (Bloody Bens OTW!!)

Office addict. Complete set... so far....except that god damn snowball Dwight eh...

Vegeta collector. Lots of his chases. Thinking of selling..

ISO: ANY JAY AND SILENT BOB FUNKO MERCH

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:15 pm

digithor wrote:
zaghawk wrote:I'll just keep saying this, if you all want Nintendo pops...Quit dreaming on this board what could happen and just get everyone you know to bombard Nintendo's social media begging for them to give the license to Funko. Have literally any one of you ever posted on any Nintendo Social Media Channel "Please give us Nintendo Funko Pops"?

That's how it might just have to go, it's very clear that funko wants the license. Need to build up that momentum on the other side.

Exactly. Like I'm sorry I'm probably being really mean here but like mohawk said above "Brian said outright to contact Nintendo and start a letter campaign if we ever want to see Nintendo Pop figures happen." I remember that I think at Fundays...that was his cry for help. You want Nintendo Pops, stop asking Funko and get that campaign started. Me, I personally don't care enough, but for the folks starting these threads you obviously do...hey maybe if you start the campaign and it's successfull Brian will thank you with all the Nintendo pop protos lol (I say that half jokingly)
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:42 pm

This would be a massive license!!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:58 pm

rexflexall wrote:This would be a massive license!!

Massive is an understatement. Let's get that petition going.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:56 am

zaghawk wrote:
digithor wrote:

Exactly. Like I'm sorry I'm probably being really mean here but like mohawk said above "Brian said outright to contact Nintendo and start a letter campaign if we ever want to see Nintendo Pop figures happen." I remember that I think at Fundays...that was his cry for help. You want Nintendo Pops, stop asking Funko and get that campaign started. Me, I personally don't care enough, but for the folks starting these threads you obviously do...hey maybe if you start the campaign and it's successfull Brian will thank you with all the Nintendo pop protos lol (I say that half jokingly)

Yeah it was at fundays that Brian had mentioned that, "half jokingly" on protos. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:50 pm

If they can do mario with yoshi..i would cop in a heartbeat.
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

Great info, thanks for sharing
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:09 pm

renardchua wrote:Lego has been on a roll with regards with Nintendo license with the Mario sets as well as the just announces NES set. I hope Funko follows real soon.

That is what I thought too. With LEGO Super Mario being a game though, it seems like Nintendo is not exactly allowing for a baseline toy to be made. They want some interaction. Just like how the NES has the TV to rotate and play Mario
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Takas

Postby Takas » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Maybe they will get a deal when Nintendo land opens and make them an Universal parks exclusive !

billville

Postby billville » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Zaghawk is 100% correct. I think we've just about exhausted every possible thread on this subject at this point. We need to be vocal about this to Nintendo, and it will definitely take a campaign of sorts to get this party on the road. We don't need to convince Funko, as they've already told us that it's up to us the fans to let Nintendo know.

I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish this....maybe a campaign social media page :-k
Hey everyone, I'm Billy and have been collecting for 7 years now :freddy3:

Pop Count: 1,100+
Instagram: @collectiBILLY

Image Image

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:59 pm

billville wrote:

Zaghawk is 100% correct. I think we've just about exhausted every possible thread on this subject at this point. We need to be vocal about this to Nintendo, and it will definitely take a campaign of sorts to get this party on the road. We don't need to convince Funko, as they've already told us that it's up to us the fans to let Nintendo know.

I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish this....maybe a campaign social media page :-k

If you are able to figure something out, let me know. Id be the first to help this cause!!!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 pm

Double Dragon or Ghoules/Goblins. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Takas wrote:Maybe they will get a deal when Nintendo land opens and make them an Universal parks exclusive !

I totally forgot about Nintendo land that would be the perfect time for pops!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:25 pm

Can't lie... whenever this thread pops up I get hopeful that it's some type of breaking news about a deal lol

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:47 pm

mongoose12 wrote:Can't lie... whenever this thread pops up I get hopeful that it's some type of breaking news about a deal lol

You and me both lol

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:42 pm

They should just give us a pop of the controller or the first system.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Return to “Pop!”