No SDCC Freddy or Spastik?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BRiley0216

No SDCC Freddy or Spastik?

Postby BRiley0216 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:26 am

As the tittle says, I was a little let down that there won't be any new Freddys or Spastik plastik this Con. Wonder if anything had to be cut of for expense reasons. Opinions?

cptsailor

Re: No SDCC Freddy or Spastik?

Postby cptsailor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am

I'm kind of surprised myself. Freddy always has some sort of an appearance.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:57 am

its been a funky year to say the least. maybe some items were in mid-development or production that got held up due to the global pandemic. that aside, i'm just happy we got some type of release that can give ppl something to get excited about.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:53 am

Make a COVID mask Freddy! LOL

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:57 am

knowing Funko, there is always the potential for some sort of suprise! so I wouldn't count out freddys or spastik plastiks just yet.
ISO: Funko Pop! Uglydoll Ice-Bat chases (SDCC and Non-SDCC) :freddy2:

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 am

Freddy's at sdcc time would be fundays...so unless we get some kind of virtual fundays we prob aren't getting freddys
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:08 am

jullusion wrote:knowing Funko, there is always the potential for some sort of suprise! so I wouldn't count out freddys or spastik plastiks just yet.

funko is known to have some surprises at sdcc...the gid baxter at the nick booth comes to mind from a few years ago. that said, being that this year has had its share of difficulties, i'm personally not overly optimistic. :-({|= ](*,)

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am

Im still ticked that their hasnt been anything for Freddys Birthday Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:35 am

I have to be honest I'm a little bummed. I love the spastik and Freddy Funko line, so not seeing anything for SDCC is a bit of a let down.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 am

jullusion wrote:knowing Funko, there is always the potential for some sort of suprise! so I wouldn't count out freddys or spastik plastiks just yet.

That would be an awesome surprise (fingers crossed) :)

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:49 am

They probably planned this it for Fundays, just like last year.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm

I believe there has to be at least one more. I didn’t see any announced that matched the tease from Monday evening
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:I believe there has to be at least one more. I didn’t see any announced that matched the tease from Monday evening

The one that is in a suit? I believe that is Brian Fantana Pop! (Paul Rudd's character) in the Anchorman reveal.

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:13 pm

renardchua wrote:
Niteowl_1 wrote:I believe there has to be at least one more. I didn’t see any announced that matched the tease from Monday evening

The one that is in a suit? I believe that is Brian Fantana Pop! (Paul Rudd's character) in the Anchorman reveal.

Ahh thanks for the clarification just zoomed in and saw it matched
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Hopefully we hear something about the Fundays Freddy’s Soon. I wonder if there still gonna do a online box of fun.
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

jsmithdigital
SCCA 2022
SCCA 2022

Postby jsmithdigital » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:50 pm

There has to be a virtual Fundays with some Freddy's. But this year has been nothing but different so still crossing my fingers.

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:08 pm

let´s hope funko have a pretty surprise :P

keep the faith :P
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:
renardchua wrote:

Ahh thanks for the clarification just zoomed in and saw it matched

Sure thing. No worries!

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:00 pm

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:Im still ticked that their hasnt been anything for Freddys Birthday Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY

WHY...I'm just going to guess that the radical responses required due to the WFH requirements over the last 3 months, laying off 25% of your workforce, and ever evolving nightmare that is trying to run a business with daily changes of uncertainty that COVID has placed on your supply chain, logistics, customer base, conventions happening or not happening, etc. Some things are not going to be business as usual.

Whenever I try to understand why something did or did not happen, it always helps to just take a step back and think about all things surrounding said thing what has to happen and during what time frames and all the things in this current world that have probably impacted those timelines. It could be something as simple as maybe if they had some new release for Freddys birthday week (which im sure you were hoping for) got delayed in shipment or the factory due to US customs or a shutdown of a city in China where the factory is? I mean just name a thing that could go wrong, be delayed, cancelled or purely forgotten during this time of uncertainty. Half of us just living our normal lives joke that we can't even remember what day of the week it is anymore.
Last edited by zaghawk on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:34 pm

I still hoping there will be.. It's not the same without Freddy. Hoping for fundays pops too
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:46 pm

They’ll probably release some Freddy’s this year, but they will be (as usual) highly exclusive. They will probably release a limited batch if certain freddys, and a shared box for the general public. Unless your a multi-year attendee of Fundays or fall under some specific categories, you probably won’t get the rare ones. My bet is that they’ll give some out on the forum, maybe in a contest of some sorts and even include protos.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:00 pm

I am holding pout hope for surprises!
Hi! I’m Eric

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Yeah that was a big shock for me with the SDCC reveals ending Wednesday. That and no Hanna Barbera. Even though it is disappointing I know that Funko didn't forget them so that means bigger plans for them down the line or a surprise! :D
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:18 pm

Nope that's it, stuff shows around half of the planned exclusives were moved back because of strains on production lines because of the pandemic. Don't know if they selectively chose what to make or it was more randomized, but I believe the other stuff will likely come out for NYCC if production gets to it

We're lucky to even be getting exclusives given the situation
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 pm

I’m just grateful and excited for the ones that we are getting. We’re going to have to wait and see what next year brings. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:05 am

With all the pandemic craziness, I’m just happy funko is willing to take a step back, because if they didn’t or tried to rush stuff just for the sake of having tons of comic con exclusives, there could be weak or cheap feeling variants, along with poor quality control. All things being equal, I’m gonna focus on my insanely long ISO list I already have, & enjoy this chance to catch play catch-up! :compress:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:21 am

BRiley0216 wrote:As the tittle says, I was a little let down that there won't be any new Freddys or Spastik plastik this Con. Wonder if anything had to be cut of for expense reasons. Opinions?

Probably a hand full of reasons, sure they could do a simple repaint of a character already out. There's a chance that even that could have run into a production delay or shipping delay or something else. Still have enough spastiks to hold me over till the next one comes out though. :)
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:26 am

thejosh2010 wrote:With all the pandemic craziness, I’m just happy funko is willing to take a step back, because if they didn’t or tried to rush stuff just for the sake of having tons of comic con exclusives, there could be weak or cheap feeling variants, along with poor quality control. All things being equal, I’m gonna focus on my insanely long ISO list I already have, & enjoy this chance to catch play catch-up! :compress:

Very true. Good point about any rushing. Also good point with the catch-up, I also didn't really think about it but I have a long list even with a smaller SDCC! The 4 sodas, Marty, Zim, MOTU POPs and Jack in the Box :eek:
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:29 am

thejosh2010 wrote:With all the pandemic craziness, I’m just happy funko is willing to take a step back, because if they didn’t or tried to rush stuff just for the sake of having tons of comic con exclusives, there could be weak or cheap feeling variants, along with poor quality control. All things being equal, I’m gonna focus on my insanely long ISO list I already have, & enjoy this chance to catch play catch-up! :compress:

Well put, the cup is more than half full =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:31 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Very true. Good point about any rushing. Also good point with the catch-up, I also didn't really think about it but I have a long list even with a smaller SDCC! The 4 sodas, Marty, Zim, MOTU POPs and Jack in the Box :eek:

Yeah Toy Tokyo going to make everyone buy that bundle.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:26 am

Still hoping to see Freddy’s
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:07 am

rexflexall wrote:Make a COVID mask Freddy! LOL

That sounds funny, but thinking it a little bit more is not a bad idea.

superkatchick

Postby superkatchick » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:14 am

Really really hoping for a Virtual Fundays and Box of Fun that we could order through the Funko Shop or even some sort of online lottery! I'm glad that we are getting any SDCC Pops but would be extra awesome with some surprise Freddy's!
Image Image

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:47 am

zaghawk wrote:
TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:Im still ticked that their hasnt been anything for Freddys Birthday Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY

WHY...I'm just going to guess that the radical responses required due to the WFH requirements over the last 3 months, laying off 25% of your workforce, and ever evolving nightmare that is trying to run a business with daily changes of uncertainty that COVID has placed on your supply chain, logistics, customer base, conventions happening or not happening, etc. Some things are not going to be business as usual.

Whenever I try to understand why something did or did not happen, it always helps to just take a step back and think about all things surrounding said thing what has to happen and during what time frames and all the things in this current world that have probably impacted those timelines. It could be something as simple as maybe if they had some new release for Freddys birthday week (which im sure you were hoping for) got delayed in shipment or the factory due to US customs or a shutdown of a city in China where the factory is? I mean just name a thing that could go wrong, be delayed, cancelled or purely forgotten during this time of uncertainty. Half of us just living our normal lives joke that we can't even remember what day of the week it is anymore.

I was being semi-facetious there.....also its been several years since funko has dropped a LE Freddy on his birthday week so this isnt just about this covid which I was alluding to.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:16 am

superkatchick wrote:Really really hoping for a Virtual Fundays and Box of Fun that we could order through the Funko Shop or even some sort of online lottery! I'm glad that we are getting any SDCC Pops but would be extra awesome with some surprise Freddy's!

I'm hoping for this as well. There's no way Funko Freddy will be absent from SDCC.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:29 am

jagpop wrote:
superkatchick wrote:Really really hoping for a Virtual Fundays and Box of Fun that we could order through the Funko Shop or even some sort of online lottery! I'm glad that we are getting any SDCC Pops but would be extra awesome with some surprise Freddy's!

I'm hoping for this as well. There's no way Funko Freddy will be absent from SDCC.

I believe you are right :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:42 am

InternationalPopper wrote:
jagpop wrote:

Fingers crossed.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:31 pm

jagpop wrote:
jagpop wrote:I'm hoping for this as well. There's no way Funko Freddy will be absent from SDCC.

Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping this happens as well!
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Funkofan21 wrote:
jagpop wrote:

Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping this happens as well!

I'll hold out hope until the day before virtual con that they give us a Freddy. I'm an optimist like that, haha.

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:28 pm

I was even surprised they didn’t give him a pop for his birthday

Return to “Pop!”