OG Mayor's (Disney) Hands

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
johnwordcena

OG Mayor's (Disney) Hands

Postby johnwordcena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:45 am

Hello everyone,
It's Clayton from little sunny Malta lol
I recently sold an OG Mayor from Disney's NBC.
I'm certain it is an original item directly from Funko, as person I bought it from is a friend and used to collect when Pop! first came out and stopped after 2 years or so.
Today the buyer told me he got it and he was very happy with it, and I told him to open everything to confirm all is fine and I was shocked as he said the hands have fallen out :eek:
He also sent me a video which I can post later on if he gives me permission as buyer is in the video.
The hands don't seem to have any damage, and once he puts them back in place they stick and hold as intended.
Nonetheless I wanted to check about this just to make sure, as even though he said it is ok, I don't want to have any doubts about something I sold.
Online and YouTube I didn't find anything about this, guess due to the value, mostly leave it in the box, and never take it out, as I did after all.
Anyone can help me with this matter please?
Thanks a lot Funatics :freddy2:

rexflexall

Re: OG Mayor's (Disney) Hands

Postby rexflexall » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:51 am

Wow, wish I had a Mayor to check!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Not sure if you or your friend who had it before you, ever took it out of the box when it was in you guys possession. Could of been damaged from the start. I’m a in box collector with a ton of pops I have never opened to inspect, just sayin it’s possible, not knowing if a pop is damaged. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

johnwordcena

Postby johnwordcena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:47 pm

lavery01 wrote:Not sure if you or your friend who had it before you, ever took it out of the box when it was in you guys possession. Could of been damaged from the start. I’m a in box collector with a ton of pops I have never opened to inspect, just sayin it’s possible, not knowing if a pop is damaged. lol

Hi lavery01, as I mentioned in my post I never took it out of the box. It doesn't look like damage, as it is both hands, and there is no cracks or chips or missing paint. Have you got one yourself?

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:07 pm

Its not a pop I myself own but I have noticed a decent amount of weird things happening to older pops that people have posted about. Paint degradation and stickiness is a big one, and on one of mine I had a weird oily substance even though I know I had looked at it OOB a few years earlier and it was fine.

Maybe the glue had worn down and the stress of shipping just finally caused the hands to pop off? Seems like a reasonable accident, and im sure we will start to see similar stories as pops age.
Image Image ImageImage

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:12 pm

Sometimes the glue degrades and they fall apart. Nothing a dab of gel superglue won’t fix!
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:15 pm

johnwordcena wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Not sure if you or your friend who had it before you, ever took it out of the box when it was in you guys possession. Could of been damaged from the start. I’m a in box collector with a ton of pops I have never opened to inspect, just sayin it’s possible, not knowing if a pop is damaged. lol

Hi lavery01, as I mentioned in my post I never took it out of the box. It doesn't look like damage, as it is both hands, and there is no cracks or chips or missing paint. Have you got one yourself?

Unfortunately no :( I can only wish I did. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

johnwordcena

Postby johnwordcena » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:05 am

bump :)

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:30 am

Cannot help either.
I never took mine out of the box and sold it a few years ago.

Honestly if the buyer is an in box collector, I would just put the POP back together and put it in the box...NEVER TO BE REMOVED AGAIN. lol

And people say "Free your POPs". I say NEVER!
Plus you will never find the damage or defects lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am

I have mine out of the box, and to be honest, it seems like his hands shouldn't be able to just come out. If they are fallen off at the wrist, then I'd say they were somehow damaged. If it's not a clean break at the wrists and has the little nubs you usually see when a part of the mold comes off the main body, then it could just be the factory glue. That may or may not make sense. Haha.

But, if they stick back on and stay, it's probably just the glue? I don't think the hands would stay on if they were broken off.
Melissa

johnwordcena

Postby johnwordcena » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:57 am

lunarembrace wrote:I have mine out of the box, and to be honest, it seems like his hands shouldn't be able to just come out. If they are fallen off at the wrist, then I'd say they were somehow damaged. If it's not a clean break at the wrists and has the little nubs you usually see when a part of the mold comes off the main body, then it could just be the factory glue. That may or may not make sense. Haha.

But, if they stick back on and stay, it's probably just the glue? I don't think the hands would stay on if they were broken off.

Hi Melissa, thanks for your message. Yeah it's really weird. You would think there's something wrong, however they are both clean, with no paint or other evident marks showing it got damaged. Yeah they don't fall back when you stick them back.
So weird hehe. Seems I'll stay without an answer, as clearly no one will try to remove them to see what happens giving the value lol
Well buyer is happy with it nonetheless, so it's more sort of curiosity from me :)

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:18 pm

Reading this makes me want to go check my Mayor and his hands. I know talking to other Funatics I've not come across this problem with the Mayor. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”