The Best Harry Potter Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BugsBunny

The Best Harry Potter Pops!

Postby BugsBunny » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:15 pm

What are the best Harry Potter Pops?

Odd Fact:
In 2015, Funko started making Harry Potter Pop! figures.
The same year 2015, Emma Watson appeared in the TV show “The Vicar of Dibley”.

sahens04

Re: The Best Harry Potter Pops!

Postby sahens04 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:44 pm

If you count FBAWTFT, I think the Occamy is probably the best pop. The mold is great and the colors are gorgeous, really one of the prettiest pops out there period. If we're talking just HP, then my favorite is Boggart as Snape. It's such a funny moment in the movie and because it's only on the screen for a minute makes it even more impressive to have it's own pop. The mold is great on it as well and if you take another look, even the animal pelts and vulture hat he wears have the classic Pop! eyes. It's genius! Lol
Sabrina AKA sahens04/BrassOctopus04
Funklub #8049
:freddy1:

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 am

sahens04 wrote:If you count FBAWTFT, I think the Occamy is probably the best pop. The mold is great and the colors are gorgeous, really one of the prettiest pops out there period. If we're talking just HP, then my favorite is Boggart as Snape. It's such a funny moment in the movie and because it's only on the screen for a minute makes it even more impressive to have it's own pop. The mold is great on it as well and if you take another look, even the animal pelts and vulture hat he wears have the classic Pop! eyes. It's genius! Lol

I agree that the Occamy is an absolutely beautiful pop - one of my favorites period, not just in the HP world.

As for best HP pops? My personal favorites are the action quidditch poses for the Gryffindor team (Harry #31, Ginny #53, and Ron #54), Luna with her lionhead (#47), Luna with glasses (#41), and Sirius Black (prisoner #67). The detail on those is just beautiful, and they make me smile every time.

On a not-as-impressive favorite, I like Triwizard Tournament Harry holding a dragon egg. That was the first HP pop that started me learning about exclusives, how to check stock, and the joy of the Target back room. lol

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:03 am

I think Bogart Snape is one of the top HP pops. Professor Quirrell is definitely a top one as well. I bought 2 of him so I could have have without the turban on, turned backwards. He is one of the very few 2 sided pops.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol
Dorbz: 160+
Pop PEZ: 50
Newest pop: Cat Yzma
ISO: Tourist Freddy, SDCC Michelangelo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:24 am

Occamy for me!

LujaKulu

Postby LujaKulu » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:53 am

I ownly own three HP pops. I'm mostly attached to the books, not the movies, so I only bought ones that were my picture of the books. But I have two of Harry because both of these were fantastic and I couldn't pass: Harry w/ Hedwig and Quidditch Harry.

The other pop I have is Christmas Sweater Ron simply because I'd at least like to have one of each of the trio. I'm still waiting on a version of Hermione I like.
Collecting Since: Spring 2012
First pop: Maleficent
Most recent pop: Cat Yzma (SDCC)
Pop Count: 200+
Next-to-Buy: Mulan & Khan Ride, Anna (Formal Dress)
Lines I Collect: Disney Animated Classics, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Kingdom Hearts
Dream Pops: ReBoot, Final Fantasy

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Sirius Black flocked is pretty awesome. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:21 pm

For the Harry Potter series, I definitely agree with the Bogart as Snape and Luna w/ her Spectraspecs. The details on these are awaiting! To add too those, I love Harry w/ his Firebolt. The detail of having Buckbeak’s feather in the broom was a small but great detail. Also the Harry on Platform 9 3/4 is another great movie moment.

For Fantastic Beasts, the Occamy is a great design and the coloring is great. I also really love the Nagini (human version) as the detail of the scales on her are subtle and yet make her great! I also love the original Newt as he turned out so good with house scarf and case.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Tusken wrote:Sirius Black flocked is pretty awesome. :freddy3:

This one is sweet! One the dark/black side, I'm personally a big fan of the Harry Potter Dementor pop for whatever reason, hopefully that doesn't make me into a villian lol . Also like the Dumbledoor and Fawkes and the Harry Hermione & Ron riding Gringott's Dragon

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 pm

This is a great thread. I have very few PoPs in my collection, but really love them. I've decided to make two or three cubby-style shelves (18"x18"x18") and have each display my favorite PoP lines. Harry Potter is at the top of the list. I'll probably only display a dozen or so pieces, so I am reading with great interest what you think your favorite HP PoPs are. It's a huge challenge when you limit yourself to a set number.

Scotty's Collection
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=97328
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

MrFurious55

Postby MrFurious55 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:09 am

Agree, Quirrell was amazing. Voldemort PIAB looks great.
- :freddy1:

BugsBunny

Postby BugsBunny » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Should they make these Pops?

Godric Gryffindor
Salazar Slytherin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Helga Hufflepuff

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pm

My favorite HP pops are my Moaning Myrtle and Headless nick set. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:55 pm

BugsBunny wrote:Should they make these Pops?

Godric Gryffindor
Salazar Slytherin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Helga Hufflepuff

I would totally buy them! My thought is that they should be a Universal Parks exclusive since that is where they actually debuted.

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 pm

Avengers74 wrote:

Godric Gryffindor
Salazar Slytherin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Helga Hufflepuff

I would totally buy them! My thought is that they should be a Universal Parks exclusive since that is where they actually debuted.

There's an idea, wonder if they would consider a 4 pack?
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 am

Strending625 wrote:I think Bogart Snape is one of the top HP pops. Professor Quirrell is definitely a top one as well. I bought 2 of him so I could have have without the turban on, turned backwards. He is one of the very few 2 sided pops.

Bogart Snape has such great detail, and was such a fun moment of the books/movies - absolutely agree! The little details really make the whole pop one of the best of the series!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 am

Boggart as Snape is amazing! But, my personal favorite is SDCC Luna Lovegood because she’s my favorite character, and that’s her best pop IMO
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Current collection: 1549 pieces as of 9/7/20
ISO Protos: Paka Paka Dragon, Michael Myers, Forrest Gump, Quint (Jaws), Toph (Avatar), Cartman (South Park), Jim Henson (w/Kermit), Ron Swanson

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 am

Godric Gryffindor
Salazar Slytherin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Helga Hufflepuff

I think that would be super cool
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Current collection: 1549 pieces as of 9/7/20
ISO Protos: Paka Paka Dragon, Michael Myers, Forrest Gump, Quint (Jaws), Toph (Avatar), Cartman (South Park), Jim Henson (w/Kermit), Ron Swanson

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 am

Avengers74 wrote:For the Harry Potter series, I definitely agree with the Bogart as Snape and Luna w/ her Spectraspecs. The details on these are awaiting! To add too those, I love Harry w/ his Firebolt. The detail of having Buckbeak’s feather in the broom was a small but great detail. Also the Harry on Platform 9 3/4 is another great movie moment.

For Fantastic Beasts, the Occamy is a great design and the coloring is great. I also really love the Nagini (human version) as the detail of the scales on her are subtle and yet make her great! I also love the original Newt as he turned out so good with house scarf and case.

That Buckbeak feather on the broom was the #1 reason I needed that pop! The little details always impress me more than the obvious stuff!

I went back and forth on whether to buy human Nagini, but after a friend got lucky with a booth draw, I kinda had to! Really glad I did ultimately, you're right about her detailing! Such a beautiful pop!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 am

JCFun wrote:
Tusken wrote:Sirius Black flocked is pretty awesome. :freddy3:

This one is sweet! One the dark/black side, I'm personally a big fan of the Harry Potter Dementor pop for whatever reason, hopefully that doesn't make me into a villian lol . Also like the Dumbledoor and Fawkes and the Harry Hermione & Ron riding Gringott's Dragon

Nothing wrong with being a fan of a particular pop, even if it's a bit dark. The Dementor was so well done, and so creepy, that I was actually hesitant to purchase it originally! Still creeps me out a bit, but that's what a dementor should do! Gotta keep me in line somehow, right?

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 am

lavery01 wrote:My favorite HP pops are my Moaning Myrtle and Headless nick set. lol

Absolutely love the ghosts! Really makes me regret that we never saw an on-screen Peeves, so our chances of getting a Peeves pop aren't great. If they want to keep going with the other ghosts though, that would be great and insta-buys for me! Especially if they are GITD!

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:19 am

SDCC Luna. But I am super pumped about the burrow!!!

Eric

2017 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018 FDO

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:21 am

fieldsy32 wrote:SDCC Luna. But I am super pumped about the burrow!!!

Yeah definety SDCC Luna
Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Katers wrote:
lavery01 wrote:My favorite HP pops are my Moaning Myrtle and Headless nick set. lol

Absolutely love the ghosts! Really makes me regret that we never saw an on-screen Peeves, so our chances of getting a Peeves pop aren't great. If they want to keep going with the other ghosts though, that would be great and insta-buys for me! Especially if they are GITD!

Gonna have to agree with this, love the suggestion. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

mactds

Postby mactds » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 pm

I really love the Cornish Pixie, Mandrake & Grindylow set, wish we would get more magical creatures.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 am

fieldsy32 wrote:SDCC Luna. But I am super pumped about the burrow!!!

It looks even better than I thought it would. Hoping it's more tall than wide, since I'll be buying it and space is always an issue! But can't miss out on the Burrow! (And Molly!)

BugsBunny

Postby BugsBunny » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 pm

Hedwig is a masterpiece of minimalism.

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 pm

I really like the new gringotts dragon they did.
SDCC 2018, 2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:17 am

digithor wrote:I really like the new gringotts dragon they did.

I can't believe I'm saying it, much less THINKING it, but that one might end up OOB for me! Possibly hanging from the ceiling, if I can figure out a way to do it!

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:56 am

NYCC Professor Quirrell, love how you can flip the head around
:freddy2:

Matt
ISO: Lost Protos

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:43 am

sahens04 wrote:If you count FBAWTFT, I think the Occamy is probably the best pop. The mold is great and the colors are gorgeous, really one of the prettiest pops out there period. If we're talking just HP, then my favorite is Boggart as Snape. It's such a funny moment in the movie and because it's only on the screen for a minute makes it even more impressive to have it's own pop. The mold is great on it as well and if you take another look, even the animal pelts and vulture hat he wears have the classic Pop! eyes. It's genius! Lol

Agree with you on Occamy for sure. The pop is gorgeous.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:44 am

My favorite HP pop is the Black and White Prisoner Sirius Black. Absolutely love Sirius and that mold and coloring is epic.

Other than that, I really like the characters on broom (Ron, Ginny, Harry) and 10" Hedwig.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:45 am

stayf3d wrote:NYCC Professor Quirrell, love how you can flip the head around

Good point! It's a pop that you really need to take out of box to appreciate.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am

Katers wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying it, much less THINKING it, but that one might end up OOB for me! Possibly hanging from the ceiling, if I can figure out a way to do it!

That would be awesome and would free up some shelf space! I don't know where I'm going to put that but it's a must have.
Hi, I’m Steph.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Katers wrote:

Are you going to go over board and put the engine from one of those airplanes you attach to the ceiling that flies in a circle into it also? :)
SDCC 2018, 2019

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:26 am

Great choices! I agree, the Occamy is stunning. I would really like to see Funko make a 6" Kelpie.. I think they could sculpt something amazing
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:49 am

TheStephil wrote:

Agree with you on Occamy for sure. The pop is gorgeous.

The Occamy was such a must-have for me that I actually left SDCC to sit in line at a local mall to make sure I got one. The website had failed me, and they had a massive fail with the line (they let people in the back stairs, who of course jumped in line and left those of us out front angry and frustrated!). It was totally worth spending the morning away from the con - no regrets!!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:07 am

TheStephil wrote:My favorite HP pop is the Black and White Prisoner Sirius Black. Absolutely love Sirius and that mold and coloring is epic.

Other than that, I really like the characters on broom (Ron, Ginny, Harry) and 10" Hedwig.

I love Sirius for the color and mold, but I also really loved that he was shipped to me, and I didn't have to hunt him! First time something I ordered came as the chase! I loved him anyway, but getting the chase as my order made it even better!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:24 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

That would be awesome and would free up some shelf space! I don't know where I'm going to put that but it's a must have.

I also figure if it's already out of the box, I'm more likely to go out and take fun photos somewhere! Can't wait for my preorder to come in!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:34 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Are you going to go over board and put the engine from one of those airplanes you attach to the ceiling that flies in a circle into it also? :)

Nah, I wouldn't even want to try to attach that thing with duct tape! lol It would take away from the beauty of the figure itself!

Return to “Pop!”