Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ReisOBrien

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm

dejavu72678 wrote:Hey Reis, I know you can't go into new lines coming out but since you spoke on dark chrystal and said you have the license for V I gotta ask; how long brotha?

Sorry, all the release dates are up in the air at the moment, so I just don't have a solid answer for you. But we're working on figuring it all out! Sorry for the delay on any info, gang!
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:21 pm

With the Bruce Lee Pops coming out, do you think some ReAction figures might be possible?
Thanks.
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

Jamestaff

Postby Jamestaff » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:51 am

So here is my re-action wishlist for figures I'd like to see, hopefully this inspires you guys. (forgive me if some of these have been mentioned already.)

- Ghostbusters! - (Although there's probably a licensing reason this hasn't happened yet)

- "They Live" (R.I.P. Roddy)

- A Second "Big Trouble in Little China" Run - Including: The Monster, Egg Shen, Wang, Eddie, A random Chang Sing Warrior, and a Wing Kong Warrior (preferably the guy who played Ghengis Kahn in Bill and Ted)

- A Second "Goonies" Run - Including: Brandon, Andy, Steph, Ma Fratelli, Jake Fratelli, and Francis Fratelli

- "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"

- "The Warriors"

- "Willow" (Probably one of my all time favorite films, been stiffed heavily in the action figure department)

- "Revenge of the Nerds" (this is untapped action figure gold)

- "Clue - The Movie" - (more untapped gold)

- "Back to the Future Part: 2" - (my suggestions include: Future Doc, Future Marty, Griff, Old Biff, Evil Biff, and Porch battling Strickland)

- "Reservoir Dogs"

- "Kill Bill"

- "Young Frankenstein"

- "The Blues Brothers"

- "Flash Gordon" (1980)

- "The Shining" - Jack Torrence Stand alone

- "Police Academy"

- "Legend" (1985)

- Teen Wolf!

- Little Shop of Horrors (Including a boxed Audrey II)

- "the Golden Child"

- "Platoon"

- Crocodile Dundee (Stand alone figure)

- "Raising Arizona"

- "The Lost Boys"

- "Near dark"

- "Over The Top"

- The "Burbs"

Long story short I want just about every 80s movie imaginable in this series!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Jamestaff wrote:So here is my re-action wishlist for figures I'd like to see, hopefully this inspires you guys. (forgive me if some of these have been mentioned already.)

- Ghostbusters! - (Although there's probably a licensing reason this hasn't happened yet)

- "They Live" (R.I.P. Roddy)

- A Second "Big Trouble in Little China" Run - Including: The Monster, Egg Shen, Wang, Eddie, A random Chang Sing Warrior, and a Wing Kong Warrior (preferably the guy who played Ghengis Kahn in Bill and Ted)

- A Second "Goonies" Run - Including: Brandon, Andy, Steph, Ma Fratelli, Jake Fratelli, and Francis Fratelli

- "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"

- "The Warriors"

- "Willow" (Probably one of my all time favorite films, been stiffed heavily in the action figure department)

- "Revenge of the Nerds" (this is untapped action figure gold)

- "Clue - The Movie" - (more untapped gold)

- "Back to the Future Part: 2" - (my suggestions include: Future Doc, Future Marty, Griff, Old Biff, Evil Biff, and Porch battling Strickland)

- "Reservoir Dogs"

- "Kill Bill"

- "Young Frankenstein"

- "The Blues Brothers"

- "Flash Gordon" (1980)

- "The Shining" - Jack Torrence Stand alone

- "Police Academy"

- "Legend" (1985)

- Teen Wolf!

- Little Shop of Horrors (Including a boxed Audrey II)

- "the Golden Child"

- "Platoon"

- Crocodile Dundee (Stand alone figure)

- "Raising Arizona"

- "The Lost Boys"

- "Near dark"

- "Over The Top"

- The "Burbs"

Long story short I want just about every 80s movie imaginable in this series!

Great list! But please keep the wishlists to the ReAction Wishlist thread. I read those, too! :)

ImageImage

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Not a question but a comment, love the NYCC T-1000!

Omegacity

Postby Omegacity » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Back in the 80's one of my fave movies was The Ice Pirates.
After watching this again I can't help but think this would be an awesome line of Reaction figures!!

Jamestaff

Postby Jamestaff » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Sorry about that, first post, still getting the lay of the land.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Jamestaff wrote:Sorry about that, first post, still getting the lay of the land.
I totally understand! Glad you're excited! :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Omegacity wrote:Back in the 80's one of my fave movies was The Ice Pirates.
After watching this again I can't help but think this would be an awesome line of Reaction figures!!

Please keep suggestions to the ReAction Wishlist thread. I'm reading those too! :)

ImageImage

Omegacity

Postby Omegacity » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Whoops!
Sorry about that Reis.
I realized I put it in the wrong spot at the last moment.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:37 pm

Mr. Reis,

Can you let me know the whole Wishlist for ReAction?

JBiz

Postby JBiz » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:41 am

Reis- with new addition of Dorbz rides, has there been any thought to Reaction Rides?
Call me Jeremy

Searching for a Shadow Trooper. Love anything Spiderman.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:09 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,

Can you let me know the whole Wishlist for ReAction?

There's an thread here on the Funko boards dedicated to ReAction Wishlists. Take a look and add a few of your own!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:10 pm

JBiz wrote:Reis- with new addition of Dorbz rides, has there been any thought to Reaction Rides?

There has! But I can't say anything more about that right now. ;)

ImageImage

JBiz

Postby JBiz » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:05 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
JBiz wrote:Reis- with new addition of Dorbz rides, has there been any thought to Reaction Rides?

There has! But I can't say anything more about that right now. ;)

:cheers: :makeitrain:

Thanks Reis! I mean, I didn't hear anything. Shhhh...
Call me Jeremy

Searching for a Shadow Trooper. Love anything Spiderman.

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Reis - I think the Reaction stuff is awesome. I mean really awesome. I don't collect them. I don't collect any toys but I was at Barnes & Noble last year and saw the Universal Monsters Reaction figures and I lost my mind and bought three sets of each figure. Then I bought the Glow in the Dark ones. Then the clear Invisible Man. Just like the ones I played with 30 years ago but more and better. That was like a dream 30 years in the making coming true. My kids love these things. So a couple few questions:

How has the Universal Monsters line sold? Seems like really well from what I've seen.

Are there any plans to expand the line (new characters)?

I see there are some Comic Con Exclusives now (I understand in joint venture in some cases with Super 7). Any plans to bring those to the general public at some point?

Any viable discussion at all about play set type stuff for these Monster figures?

Any discussion about other one off non-Universal classic monsters (Nosferatu, Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde, zombies etc)? I know this borders on wishlist but that's not what I'm getting at.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Mr. Reis,

Are we still fighting for a Conan the Barbarian ReAction figure line or should I stop asking about It?

Will Game of Thrones have a ReAction figure line, even after your restructure to only vintage?

My kids and I love fantasy movies, so seeing a line base on any kind of sword and sorcery will make us happy! That is why my daughter is waiting patiently for the Dark Crystal line.

Thank you FUNKO and Mr. Reis for delivering what we want.

Mad197Wonder

Postby Mad197Wonder » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi Mr. Reis,
1-Like Arrow and Flash tv shows have reaction figures, could we get a Daredevil series figures and other marvel netflix shows?
2-It would be cool get Game of Thrones reaction figurs!

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:33 pm

Reis,do u remember the universal monsters candy we got trick r treating in the 70s-80s? (it was a thin lil colored box with a pic of a certain monster on the front&back and had 2 candy stix inside..) this was the absolute best thing to get in my trick r treat bag when I was a kid..anyways,I was thinking-this would be a neat monsters exclusive to do,the cardback could be the same as the candy box was,and maybe the monster could be scented or something?(think stinkor&mossman motu),i don't know..do u remember the creature feature wax packs as well? (mummy,phantom,creature,Frankenstein)..

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:57 pm

Wolfman wrote:Reis - I think the Reaction stuff is awesome. I mean really awesome. I don't collect them. I don't collect any toys but I was at Barnes & Noble last year and saw the Universal Monsters Reaction figures and I lost my mind and bought three sets of each figure. Then I bought the Glow in the Dark ones. Then the clear Invisible Man. Just like the ones I played with 30 years ago but more and better. That was like a dream 30 years in the making coming true. My kids love these things. So a couple few questions:

How has the Universal Monsters line sold? Seems like really well from what I've seen.

I see there are some Comic Con Exclusives now (I understand in joint venture in some cases with Super 7). Any plans to bring those to the general public at some point?

Any viable discussion at all about play set type stuff for these Monster figures?

Any discussion about other one off non-Universal classic monsters (Nosferatu, Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde, zombies etc)? I know this borders on wishlist but that's not what I'm getting at.

I would love some more figures in the line. I would LOVE an Abbott and Costello figure set to go with the monsters!
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:58 am

A bit of topic, but I seem to remember that you personally designed some amazing looking 3.75" troopers from the Star Wars novel Death Troopers?

I know these were probably just a 'hobby' job, not for public consumption, but I wondered if you planned to do any more?
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Wolfman wrote:Reis - I think the Reaction stuff is awesome. I mean really awesome. I don't collect them. I don't collect any toys but I was at Barnes & Noble last year and saw the Universal Monsters Reaction figures and I lost my mind and bought three sets of each figure. Then I bought the Glow in the Dark ones. Then the clear Invisible Man. Just like the ones I played with 30 years ago but more and better. That was like a dream 30 years in the making coming true. My kids love these things. So a couple few questions:

Yes! We absolutely have more Universal Monsters on the way! But that's about all I can say right now. :)

The Super7 exclusives are their thing. So it's up to them if they will release them to retail. Not sure about our NYCC black & White UM exclusives. They may be a shared release, but I'm not positive.

Playsets are a possibility, but nothing solid int he plans at this point.

We do have plans for non-UM classic horror figures, but again, can't really go into that right now. SOON! :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Are we still fighting for a Conan the Barbarian ReAction figure line or should I stop asking about It?

Will Game of Thrones have a ReAction figure line, even after your restructure to only vintage?

My kids and I love fantasy movies, so seeing a line base on any kind of sword and sorcery will make us happy! That is why my daughter is waiting patiently for the Dark Crystal line.

Sorry, Conan is probably not going to happen. Believe me, I tried.

No plans for Game of Thrones ReAction, but be on the lookout for something even better!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Mad197Wonder wrote:Hi Mr. Reis,
1-Like Arrow and Flash tv shows have reaction figures, could we get a Daredevil series figures and other marvel netflix shows?
2-It would be cool get Game of Thrones reaction figurs!

We will no longer be producing modern licenses in ReAction form. Sorry.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:38 pm

rylos-22 wrote:Reis,do u remember the universal monsters candy we got trick r treating in the 70s-80s? (it was a thin lil colored box with a pic of a certain monster on the front&back and had 2 candy stix inside..) this was the absolute best thing to get in my trick r treat bag when I was a kid..anyways,I was thinking-this would be a neat monsters exclusive to do,the cardback could be the same as the candy box was,and maybe the monster could be scented or something?(think stinkor&mossman motu),i don't know..do u remember the creature feature wax packs as well? (mummy,phantom,creature,Frankenstein)..

I totally remember those! It's a cool idea, but may be a little too obscure for the general buying public.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Darkbill wrote:A bit of topic, but I seem to remember that you personally designed some amazing looking 3.75" troopers from the Star Wars novel Death Troopers?

I know these were probably just a 'hobby' job, not for public consumption, but I wondered if you planned to do any more?

Yeah, those were just a fun little kitbash thing I did on the side. They weren't exactly meant to represent the Death Troopers from the novel, they were just a skeletal deco thing. But I don't have plans for any more. Sorry!

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:31 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

No plans for Game of Thrones ReAction, but be on the lookout for something even better!

Mr. Reis,

Can I get a clue of "something even better"? Will it be announce soon or wait for Toy Fair 2016?

You are killing me with the suspense.

In NYCC will FUNKO have a showing of any ReAction line for the Fall or Holiday season?

Thank you for always responding to our questions!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:06 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Mr. Reis,

Can I get a clue of "something even better"? Will it be announce soon or wait for Toy Fair 2016?

You are killing me with the suspense.

In NYCC will FUNKO have a showing of any ReAction line for the Fall or Holiday season?

Thank you for always responding to our questions!

Sorry, no clues. You gotta wait along with everybody else!

We won't be showing anything new at NYCC. The NYCC booth will be more like our SDCC booth. We tend to save everything for Toy Fair.

ImageImage

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 am

ReisOBrien wrote:

Hi Reis,

You keep alluding to a possible new format other than ReAction since you plan on keeping ReAction to older licenses. I was wondering if there was any plans to re-visit some of the newer properties that may not have done well as ReAction in this new format and if you also planned on including older properties in both formats or only in ReAction?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:58 pm

the_Archivist wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Hi Reis,

You keep alluding to a possible new format other than ReAction since you plan on keeping ReAction to older licenses. I was wondering if there was any plans to re-visit some of the newer properties that may not have done well as ReAction in this new format and if you also planned on including older properties in both formats or only in ReAction?

At this point, we probably won't be revisiting any licenses, and older licenses will most likely stay in the ReAction stable.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Mr. Reis,

Will there be any new ReAction line for the Holidays in 2015 or is everything for 2015 is done?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Will there be any new ReAction line for the Holidays in 2015 or is everything for 2015 is done?

There is one more that should be hitting this fall, but I'm not sure if it's been announced yet.

ImageImage

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:30 am

When you say "no newer figures" do you have a cut off date. Like well you only do the ReAction style for things in the 70's -80's or could early 90's stuff still get the treatment?
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:51 am

1000thghost wrote:When you say "no newer figures" do you have a cut off date. Like well you only do the ReAction style for things in the 70's -80's or could early 90's stuff still get the treatment?

We don't have a hard date in mind. But generally, 70s and 80s feels like a better fit for ReAction. 90s is a little bit of a gray area, but I think that they wouldn't fit as well in the ReAction form factor, mostly because action figures in the 90s changed drastically is size, style, etc.

ImageImage

white rhino

Postby white rhino » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:30 pm

copped the reaction leatherface today

appreciate reisobrien's feedback & info over the past year!

chucky on deck? 8-[

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:13 am

Mr. Reis,

Will we get the final ReAction line soon before the Holidays (Thanksgiving, etc....) or during that time?

Anticipating Toy Fair 2016 for FUNKO ReAction figures, would it be like 2015 or will 2016 will have as much variety with extra surprises? Just being general in this question.

If things change for the better, will FUNKO reconsider going back to lines for new movies coming out?

Thank you for all your answers.

Marco A. Martinez

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:53 pm

Will we get the final ReAction line soon before the Holidays (Thanksgiving, etc....) or during that time?

Anticipating Toy Fair 2016 for FUNKO ReAction figures, would it be like 2015 or will 2016 will have as much variety with extra surprises? Just being general in this question.

If things change for the better, will FUNKO reconsider going back to lines for new movies coming out?

Thank you for all your answers.

Marco A. Martinez

Yes, there is one more ReAction series set to hit soon.

2016 will see less lines spaced out better over year. And I'm hoping to have a surprise or two.

No, we're commited to keeping ReAction to retro licenses.

ImageImage

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Are you treating 2016 like a year zero, i.e. Almost all existing Reaction lines are finished, and previously rumoured or planned lines are now off the table?

I guess we're wondering if lines like Star Trek, Alien and Aliens still have a future?

And will the new 'mystery' modern line (3.75" at least?) accommodate some of the post-80's lines rumoured in the past?
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Darkbill wrote:Are you treating 2016 like a year zero, i.e. Almost all existing Reaction lines are finished, and previously rumoured or planned lines are now off the table?

I guess we're wondering if lines like Star Trek, Alien and Aliens still have a future?

And will the new 'mystery' modern line (3.75" at least?) accommodate some of the post-80's lines rumoured in the past?

No, this isn't a year zero. You will see a few sequel/series 2 lines, and several of the previously announced and/or rumored lines are still very much on the list for 2016. I can't officially announce exactly which licenses yet.

The new line of action figures will be more of a clean slate. We're still figuring out which licenses will get this treatment. And yes, they'll be 3.75". :)

ImageImage

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:20 pm

Hurrah!! \:D/

Return to “Action Figures”