Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ReisOBrien

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:28 pm

6rick6 wrote:Do you guys ever plan to release an over-sized figure like the Jaws shark again? A King Kong or Godzilla would be amazing in that format.

Yes, but I can't announce what those figures might be yet. :)
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:22 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
6rick6 wrote:Any chance that there will be a Horror Series part 2? I'd love a Pennywise (It), Leprechaun, Chucky, Hannibal Lecture, Jack Torrance or even a Critter.

We don't have a "series 2" plan, so to speak, but you will see some new horror characters in the future.

Can you say how many horror figures we will see next year? I'm speaking specifically of one-offs like Leatherface.

AgentCooper

Postby AgentCooper » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:13 am

I might have missed it but are there any plans to do more waves of the Classic Star Trek line?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:28 pm

skinny_puppy123 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:
6rick6 wrote:Any chance that there will be a Horror Series part 2? I'd love a Pennywise (It), Leprechaun, Chucky, Hannibal Lecture, Jack Torrance or even a Critter.

We don't have a "series 2" plan, so to speak, but you will see some new horror characters in the future.

Can you say how many horror figures we will see next year? I'm speaking specifically of one-offs like Leatherface.

I can't say at this point. Sorry.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:30 pm

AgentCooper wrote:I might have missed it but are there any plans to do more waves of the Classic Star Trek line?

No plans for any more Star Trek figures at this point. That could always change, but the first two waves didn't sell as well as we had hoped.

ImageImage

unoudid
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby unoudid » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Reis, is there any chance of some of the older comedies making their way to ReAction form? I'm thinking movies like Old School, Blades of Glory, Zoolander, Anchorman?
-Ross

Looking for Destiny & Pixar Protos

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:03 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
AgentCooper wrote:I might have missed it but are there any plans to do more waves of the Classic Star Trek line?

No plans for any more Star Trek figures at this point. That could always change, but the first two waves didn't sell as well as we had hoped.

Awww! This news sucks. I bought 3 each of both waves and was very much looking forward to getting Chekov, Klingon, Romulan, Andorian, and The Next Generation characters. It's the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek this year after all. I think ideally Star Trek should be given a shot in the new line of figures with 9 POA and have a bridge playset! Mezco has some promising Star Trek figures coming in there ONE:12 line and Mega Bloks has some excellent Star Trek minifigs on tap . I just wish Reaction would at least drop the third wave of Classics on us to at least give us a set that feels complete.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:25 pm

unoudid wrote:Reis, is there any chance of some of the older comedies making their way to ReAction form? I'm thinking movies like Old School, Blades of Glory, Zoolander, Anchorman?

Sorry, no plans for any of those. All will be revealed at Toy Fair.

ImageImage

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Reis,how soon after toy fair will the next reaction figures be in stores/online to buy?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:34 pm

rylos-22 wrote:Reis,how soon after toy fair will the next reaction figures be in stores/online to buy?

Not exactly sure. We're getting pretty close to the next drop, though. I imagine that you won't have to wait too long.

ImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks so much Reis. Can't wait till Toy Fair.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Jack_Nimball

Postby Jack_Nimball » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 am

Is 'Aliens' still in the short or long lists for ReAction, or have you decided not to go ahead with those?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Jack_Nimball wrote:Is 'Aliens' still in the short or long lists for ReAction, or have you decided not to go ahead with those?

Aliens is still happening. :)

ImageImage

ijthompson

Postby ijthompson » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Hello Reis, and thank you for taking all these questions!

I have only one: any more ALIEN to look forward to? I've got nobody in engineering, the navigator's seat is empty, and the cat's Friskies are going stale in the bowl... :D

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:50 am

ijthompson wrote:Hello Reis, and thank you for taking all these questions!

I have only one: any more ALIEN to look forward to? I've got nobody in engineering, the navigator's seat is empty, and the cat's Friskies are going stale in the bowl... :D

No plans at the moment.

ImageImage

ijthompson

Postby ijthompson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:17 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

No plans at the moment.

Ah, bummer. Likeness rights issues?

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:00 pm

I agree. It'd be really great to get those last 3 crew members.

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:50 am

This is what put me off any sets that don't have all the main characters. If wave 1 then wave 2 are released but a 3rd wave put on hold like this. It makes it difficult for a completist to want them.

That's why I had to make sure both T1 and T2 had complete sets before I got them. I now have both T2 T-800's (battle damaged with grenade launcher) and all T-1000 Chase and variants.

480pc limited PoP!s

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 am

On the Conan Barbarian and Red Sonja releases, you mentioned there's no plans for a Conan Destroyer release. I presume that Arnold has been signed up for that one. Why was the decision to drop a Conan Destroyer but pick up Red Sonja?

480pc limited PoP!s

dejavu72678

Postby dejavu72678 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Reis, is V still on the list, any list or should we just move on..

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 am

ijthompson wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

No plans at the moment.

No, just moving on to other things. Keep in mind that ReAction was never meant to be an all-inclusive line to any one property. Sure, if something sold like gangbusters, we'd continue it (which you'll see in 2016), but sales have shown that the majority of collectors like to cherry-pick just the main characters. We sold a ton of the Alien and Ripley figures. Dallas and Kane didn't fare as well.

I'm completely aware that there are completists out there that want every single character in the movie, but those types of collectors, although vocal (and we hear you), are in the minority. And we've got to maximize our more reliable sales if this line is to survive.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:46 am

Terminator fan 101 wrote:This is what put me off any sets that don't have all the main characters. If wave 1 then wave 2 are released but a 3rd wave put on hold like this. It makes it difficult for a completist to want them.

That's why I had to make sure both T1 and T2 had complete sets before I got them. I now have both T2 T-800's (battle damaged with grenade launcher) and all T-1000 Chase and variants.

I truly feel your pain, but see my previous reply.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:52 am

Terminator fan 101 wrote:On the Conan Barbarian and Red Sonja releases, you mentioned there's no plans for a Conan Destroyer release. I presume that Arnold has been signed up for that one. Why was the decision to drop a Conan Destroyer but pick up Red Sonja?

Simple, Destroyer is a less iconic movie. Barbarian practically reinvented the genre of fantasy in the 1980s. Also, I didn't say that we didn't have the rights to Destroyer, we're just not choosing to make any figures from this movie at this time. I'd rather focus on Barbarian and hope they sell well enough to get at least a couple of waves out of them.

Much like Alien or Terminator to a lot of you guys, this is the line that I'm dying to go deep on. But I harbor no illusions that I'll ever get a figure of King Osric or his daughter.

Red Sonja came with the deal, and it'll probably be a one-off of just Sonja herself. But we're going to focus on Conan first.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:54 am

dejavu72678 wrote:Reis, is V still on the list, any list or should we just move on..

Yeah, sorry. You might want to let that one go. As epic as V figures would be, especially considering their "almost got made" history much like Alien and Dark Crystal, we just feel that the fanbase isn't nearly large enough to support a whole line.

Add to that the fact that the licensing for the original series is in a bit of a quagmire and we have to pretty much consider this one dead.

ImageImage

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Saddest news yet about V..80% of my youth was surrounded by this show..gut punch..we played V at recess everyday when I was a kid..haven't felt this bad since my madball-football got punted on the school roof..never to be seen...again..

ijthompson

Postby ijthompson » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:50 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
ijthompson wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

No plans at the moment.

No, just moving on to other things. Keep in mind that ReAction was never meant to be an all-inclusive line to any one property. Sure, if something sold like gangbusters, we'd continue it (which you'll see in 2016), but sales have shown that the majority of collectors like to cherry-pick just the main characters. We sold a ton of the Alien and Ripley figures. Dallas and Kane didn't fare as well.

I'm completely aware that there are completists out there that want every single character in the movie, but those types of collectors, although vocal (and we hear you), are in the minority. And we've got to maximize our more reliable sales if this line is to survive.

Thank you for the clear and frank explanation; can't ask for more than that!

One final addendum to the ALIEN discussion: I'd be happy to buy singles of Dallas and Lambert in spacesuits, if you guys put them out there... you've already got the sculpts!

dejavu72678

Postby dejavu72678 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks, that sucks about V man. If licensing permits, I know that if you guys did a shock trooper and Diana singles or double pack with lizard reveal faces it would sell out. Reaction was made for figures like this and it's the only line with a petition. I know you're on board but tell the guys with the big desks (and toys) that the fan base is out here and a short line like I mentioned would outsell a line like the golden girls for sure. Anyway should we let go of the last starfighter galoob reaction series too?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:30 pm

dejavu72678 wrote:Thanks, that sucks about V man. If licensing permits, I know that if you guys did a shock trooper and Diana singles or double pack with lizard reveal faces it would sell out. Reaction was made for figures like this and it's the only line with a petition. I know you're on board but tell the guys with the big desks (and toys) that the fan base is out here and a short line like I mentioned would outsell a line like the golden girls for sure. Anyway should we let go of the last starfighter galoob reaction series too?

Golden Girls is already sold. So that's already a sure thing for us. Also, I did mention that the licensing for classic V is all tangled up right now, so we couldn't get the rights even if we wanted to. Yes, I'd let go of Starfighter as well. As much as I personally wanted them made, we never planned to do those.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
dejavu72678 wrote:Thanks, that sucks about V man. If licensing permits, I know that if you guys did a shock trooper and Diana singles or double pack with lizard reveal faces it would sell out. Reaction was made for figures like this and it's the only line with a petition. I know you're on board but tell the guys with the big desks (and toys) that the fan base is out here and a short line like I mentioned would outsell a line like the golden girls for sure. Anyway should we let go of the last starfighter galoob reaction series too?

Golden Girls is already sold. So that's already a sure thing for us. Also, I did mention that the licensing for classic V is all tangled up right now, so we couldn't get the rights even if we wanted to. Yes, I'd let go of Starfighter as well. As much as I personally wanted them made, we never planned to do those.

Mr. Reis,

Is the V license in the same situation that Conan the Barbarian was when you was fighting hard to get a ReAction line for Conan?

I was giving up on Conan before, should the same sentiment be for a V series line or can there be changes in the future for a ReAction line?

One last question:
Will we have the entire line of Dark Crystal action figures from the "unmade line" or will we have extra figures in that line?

Thank you always Reis for answering our questions.

Omegacity

Postby Omegacity » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 pm

This is horrible news for both V and Last Starfighter. The V line was the only one I was really looking forward to and had budgeted to heavily army build the V troopers.
Losing interest if the properties we really want can't be made.

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:11 pm

I'm sorry to keep repeating myself like a parrot. I hope you get your wish and get as deep as you can with Conan.
What is the issue with King Osric, Isnt Max Von Sydow still alive? Is it his fee, likeness issue? Can you say who from the line is confirmed in wave 1?

480pc limited PoP!s

6rick6

Postby 6rick6 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:34 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
ijthompson wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

No plans at the moment.

You mean there will be no chance of having the "old guy with man boobs" from Jaws ReAction figure : ;-)

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:00 pm

@6rick6
Old guy with man boobs?

480pc limited PoP!s

6rick6

Postby 6rick6 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Terminator fan 101 wrote:@6rick6
Old guy with man boobs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSo5fNkNKlw

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Ha-ha I can totally see them making that one lol

480pc limited PoP!s

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:21 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Mr. Reis,

Is the V license in the same situation that Conan the Barbarian was when you was fighting hard to get a ReAction line for Conan?

I was giving up on Conan before, should the same sentiment be for a V series line or can there be changes in the future for a ReAction line?

One last question:
Will we have the entire line of Dark Crystal action figures from the "unmade line" or will we have extra figures in that line?

Thank you always Reis for answering our questions.

I'm not sure what the deal is for the V license. It looks like it may not be available at all for toys. Sort of like Blade Runner. Conan was always available. V just isn't going to happen. Sorry.

I can't go into the first wave lineup yet on Dark Crystal. We're still hashing that out.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Omegacity wrote:This is horrible news for both V and Last Starfighter. The V line was the only one I was really looking forward to and had budgeted to heavily army build the V troopers.
Losing interest if the properties we really want can't be made.

Sorry, but like I said before, the license for classic V is a mess and we couldn't make them if we wanted to.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Terminator fan 101 wrote:I'm sorry to keep repeating myself like a parrot. I hope you get your wish and get as deep as you can with Conan.
What is the issue with King Osric, Isnt Max Von Sydow still alive? Is it his fee, likeness issue? Can you say who from the line is confirmed in wave 1?

There is no issue. I'm just saying that I'd love to go deep on this line, and I'm considering a character like King Osric to be "deep". But we need to get the main characters out first.

We don't have wave one nailed down yet.

ImageImage

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:34 am

Oh, ok. Sorry I read it as his character was going to be hard to sign up like Phoebe Cates was with Gremlins. I hope you can get all characters, as this is one line I also want to be sure is complete before I commit to it.

I know Pop! Is reserved for that thread but do you have any info if Star Wars Lando Calrissian, Admiral Ackbar etc will be released from the Vault this year?

Have a great Toy Fair and 2016 Reis.

480pc limited PoP!s

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:56 am

Terminator fan 101 wrote:Oh, ok. Sorry I read it as his character was going to be hard to sign up like Phoebe Cates was with Gremlins. I hope you can get all characters, as this is one line I also want to be sure is complete before I commit to it.

I know Pop! Is reserved for that thread but do you have any info if Star Wars Lando Calrissian, Admiral Ackbar etc will be released from the Vault this year?

Have a great Toy Fair and 2016 Reis.

I'd just like to reiterate that this whole "I'm not going to commit to it unless they make everyone" thinking doesn't help insure that you'll get everyone. We release things in a series for several reasons, but one major reason is to see if the line has potential. If nobody buys series one until they know a series two is coming out, then there will never be a series two. It's like a new TV series; If nobody watches season one, then they're not going to make a season two. So just a friendly heads up, support has to start from the beginning.

Also, many people need to understand that ReAction was never meant to be an "all inclusive" line of toys. It was always meant to be a what if/homage sort of thing giving some of our favorite iconic characters the retro treatment. Sure, I'd love to go deep on so many of these lines, just like many of you, but the realities of the modern market and collector base are different than they were back in the day. Collectors cheery pick way more than they used to. Sadly, this isn't Kenner going deep on Star Wars figures in 1978. Oh, how I wish it was, though! ;)

ImageImage

Return to “Action Figures”