Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
LandoInDisguise

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby LandoInDisguise » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:12 am

Hello Reis, I was hoping you could shed some light on con exclusives for the Dark Crystal line. Is there any way these can be ordered through Amazon or other chains? I live in the Netherlands, so my options to get these figures are limited. I've been waiting for these figures for so long it would be a real bummer if I'm left with only half of the line. What exactly makes these exclusives? Only the packaging, or is there a difference in the figures as well? I really hope everybody gets a fair chance at collecting this line at normal retail price and not the $100 per figure set I see these go for on Ebay.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 am

80s-forever wrote:Reis, I saw that on the back of The Dark Crystal Jen & Landstrider boxset there is a picture for a NYCC exclusive Kira with wings/Garthim boxset! Will this be a shared exclusive aswell? Please say yes I'm not going to NYCC and I need it!!

Yes. :)
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:51 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,

I am going to NYCC and wanted to know if FUNKO ReAction will have an exclusive as they did SDCC? I hope is what I am thinking!

Yep. We'll have the NYCC Exclusive Garthim & Kira set for Dark Crystal. I don't know if that's what you were thinking, but I hope so!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:52 am

1000thghost wrote:Just saw pictures of the new Nightmare Before Christmas figures for series 2!!! They look wonderful!

Thanks! The were completely designed and sculpted by Nnenna and she knocked it out of the park (like she always does)!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:53 am

StarTourist wrote:I just saw the new Nightmare Before Christmas figures. Pre-ordered the whole wave. Oogie, Werewolf, and Clown were all figures I had ruled out due to their size. I'm so happy you're doing them! They are beautiful. I gotta ask though, what about Lock? I figured he and Shock were safe bets for this wave, but we only got her. Is it safe to assume that a third wave is in the works?

The idea was to have one of the three little tricksters in each wave. We just never meant for so much time to go by between waves! But, things get pretty busy and crazy around here. ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:02 pm

LandoInDisguise wrote:Hello Reis, I was hoping you could shed some light on con exclusives for the Dark Crystal line. Is there any way these can be ordered through Amazon or other chains? I live in the Netherlands, so my options to get these figures are limited. I've been waiting for these figures for so long it would be a real bummer if I'm left with only half of the line. What exactly makes these exclusives? Only the packaging, or is there a difference in the figures as well? I really hope everybody gets a fair chance at collecting this line at normal retail price and not the $100 per figure set I see these go for on Ebay.

What makes them exclusive is that they are only available at the convention and one other retail outlet. In the Landstrider's case, this is Toys R Us. These exclusives are the only way to get the Landstrider or the Garthim, and the Jen and Kira that come with them are slightly different than the regular release versions, so that collectors don't feel like they're being forced to buy the same figure over again just to get the large beasts.

You can try the TRU website to get the Landstrider for now. Not sure where the Garthim is going after NYCC.

ImageImage

StarTourist

Postby StarTourist » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:06 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
StarTourist wrote:I just saw the new Nightmare Before Christmas figures. Pre-ordered the whole wave. Oogie, Werewolf, and Clown were all figures I had ruled out due to their size. I'm so happy you're doing them! They are beautiful. I gotta ask though, what about Lock? I figured he and Shock were safe bets for this wave, but we only got her. Is it safe to assume that a third wave is in the works?

The idea was to have one of the three little tricksters in each wave. We just never meant for so much time to go by between waves! But, things get pretty busy and crazy around here. ;)

Thank you. Very happy to hear this. Will the glow in the dark Oogie be really hard to find? Or will the two Oogies be evenly packed?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:19 pm

StarTourist wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Thank you. Very happy to hear this. Will the glow in the dark Oogie be really hard to find? Or will the two Oogies be evenly packed?

I think glow Oogie is a chase.

ImageImage

StarTourist

Postby StarTourist » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:17 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
StarTourist wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

I think glow Oogie is a chase.

I was afraid of that. Hopefully he's not 1/144 or something like that.

Otter

Postby Otter » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:17 am

How do the exclusives get ditributed internationally? I'm in Australia, and I have to have all of the Dark Crystal stuff.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:48 am

Otter wrote:How do the exclusives get ditributed internationally? I'm in Australia, and I have to have all of the Dark Crystal stuff.

Not sure about that. It depends on if we have international rights for distribution per license. Do you have Toys R Us there, or can you order from the TRU website?

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:47 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

I am going to NYCC and wanted to know if FUNKO ReAction will have an exclusive as they did SDCC? I hope is what I am thinking!

Yep. We'll have the NYCC Exclusive Garthim & Kira set for Dark Crystal. I don't know if that's what you were thinking, but I hope so!

YESSSSS! That is what I was thinking and my daughter is delighted! Thank you very much.

Will the same lottery situation from SDCC will be in process for NYCC to buy Garthim & Kira?

Otter

Postby Otter » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:13 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
Otter wrote:How do the exclusives get ditributed internationally? I'm in Australia, and I have to have all of the Dark Crystal stuff.

Not sure about that. It depends on if we have international rights for distribution per license. Do you have Toys R Us there, or can you order from the TRU website?

I've never seen Funko stuff outside of Pops in Australian TRUs. Several of the smaller chain stores have stocked them in the past, but I don't know if they have the option of exclusives. What was the retail on the Landstrider? It seems to be drifting upwards of AU$100 on ebay, plus international shipping from the US. I'll pay that if I have to, but if it is going to find its way to Australia I'm happy to wait.

I'm stoked that a Garthim is coming, but these exclusives are a headache.

Of course, I assume that without being exclusive they may not get made at all.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:58 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

YESSSSS! That is what I was thinking and my daughter is delighted! Thank you very much.

Will the same lottery situation from SDCC will be in process for NYCC to buy Garthim & Kira?

No idea. I'm not involved in that. Sorry.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am

Otter wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

I've never seen Funko stuff outside of Pops in Australian TRUs. Several of the smaller chain stores have stocked them in the past, but I don't know if they have the option of exclusives. What was the retail on the Landstrider? It seems to be drifting upwards of AU$100 on ebay, plus international shipping from the US. I'll pay that if I have to, but if it is going to find its way to Australia I'm happy to wait.

I'm stoked that a Garthim is coming, but these exclusives are a headache.

Of course, I assume that without being exclusive they may not get made at all.

Exactly, if we didn't have the guaranteed orders that come with an exclusive, we couldn't have made these figures at all. It's what we have to do to get the things we love out there in the world.

ImageImage

kassle

Postby kassle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:37 pm

The TRU one is already up. Seems very easy to obtain so I'm not sure what all the yelping is about. It's retail and I can't wait to get it!

FarronFox

Postby FarronFox » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:17 pm

kassle wrote:The TRU one is already up. Seems very easy to obtain so I'm not sure what all the yelping is about. It's retail and I can't wait to get it!

Yelping is probably mostly from those outside the US.

Whilst Toys R Us is in other parts of the world the likelihood of them stocking this locally doesn't seem all that good. Furthermore the US Toys R Us website no longer ships internationally for some reason. There was a point they did, as I had purchased things from them in the past from Australia, but upon trying to order the landstrider I was told they no longer do international shipping.

So short of paying some huge markup fee on ebay, those outside the US may have to look into one of the various parcel forwarding services and hope that it all works out when attempting to have Toys R Us pass it onto them.

EDIT:Actually it may be making it way to some place in Australia sometime soon. I just saw this listing on IKON collectables website who I believe brings Funko products to Australia: http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/prod ... h/FUN10203

Otter

Postby Otter » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:24 am

Popcultcha may stock it.

They did the exclusive Jaws/Quint set.

hellhippie

Postby hellhippie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

no new figures yet . are they delayed again???

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:38 am

hellhippie wrote:no new figures yet . are they delayed again???

Yeah, we're still behind schedule. Just so much other stuff to work on. But we're trying to catch up!

ImageImage

kassle

Postby kassle » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:50 am

I'm chomping at the bit for the Dark Crystal line. Also going to get my brother a set and stock it away for his Xmas present. I buy him little things here & there, and he loves it...I mentioned the Dark Crystal line and his eyes lit up.

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 pm

I know it's a new series and you guys haven't secured the license yet, but could Stranger Things ReAction ever happen? Considering the 80's nostalgia
style of the show, I think these would work great. Any chance?
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:46 am

commodorefunko wrote:I know it's a new series and you guys haven't secured the license yet, but could Stranger Things ReAction ever happen? Considering the 80's nostalgia
style of the show, I think these would work great. Any chance?

No plans for Stranger Things ReAction at this time.

ImageImage

Regan Darko

Postby Regan Darko » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:48 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

Yeah, we're still behind schedule. Just so much other stuff to work on. But we're trying to catch up!

Are any of the ReAction properties announced for 2016 at risk of being cancelled altogether? There were some GREAT properties announced earlier this year.

Otter

Postby Otter » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:21 am

FarronFox wrote:
EDIT:Actually it may be making it way to some place in Australia sometime soon. I just saw this listing on IKON collectables website who I believe brings Funko products to Australia: http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/prod ... h/FUN10203

Just ordered mine from Popcultcha.

Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Reis, will there be another Landstrider release, or should I be buying a second one now for the upcoming Kira to ride?

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:48 am

Mr. Reis,

I bought four sets of Jen and Landstrider ReAction figures and my children are loving the figures! It states on the box that is not a toy but my boy is playing it as a toy with no problems. Seeing them happy just want me to go buy more figures.

When will the rest of the Dark Crystal ReAction figures come out in retail?

I am hoping the next shared exclusive will be sold in Toys R Us because they are promoting these Dark Crystal figure, almost gone in the 2 Toys R Us near me in The Bronx NYC. But if not how soon will we know who will be the next retail store to share the NYCC exclusive Kira and Garthim ReAction, if you know?

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:54 am

Mr. Reis,

I know is still early in 2016 but have you started working on the ReAction Conan figure?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:29 am

Regan Darko wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Are any of the ReAction properties announced for 2016 at risk of being cancelled altogether? There were some GREAT properties announced earlier this year.

Possibly. Bill & Ted for sure. We're reworking some things... AGAIN! ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:30 am

Otter wrote:
FarronFox wrote:

Just ordered mine from Popcultcha.

Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Reis, will there be another Landstrider release, or should I be buying a second one now for the upcoming Kira to ride?

No plans for another Landstrider release at this time. I'd get a second one, if I were you.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:32 am

I bought four sets of Jen and Landstrider ReAction figures and my children are loving the figures! It states on the box that is not a toy but my boy is playing it as a toy with no problems. Seeing them happy just want me to go buy more figures.

When will the rest of the Dark Crystal ReAction figures come out in retail?

I am hoping the next shared exclusive will be sold in Toys R Us because they are promoting these Dark Crystal figure, almost gone in the 2 Toys R Us near me in The Bronx NYC. But if not how soon will we know who will be the next retail store to share the NYCC exclusive Kira and Garthim ReAction, if you know?

I don't have any hard dates for anything right now. Sorry. I'm hoping that everything will be out by October. We've had all kinds of delays from the factory. They're so slammed with other Funko products. Everyone is trying to catch up.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:42 am

I know is still early in 2016 but have you started working on the ReAction Conan figure?

Not yet!

ImageImage

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:21 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:Possibly. Bill & Ted for sure. We're reworking some things... AGAIN! ;)

That's a bummer about Bill & Ted.

Hopefully ET and A-Team don't get the axe!

gyrofx
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby gyrofx » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi Reis, is Chucky still coming for action figures or is he cancelled? Thanks
Name: Charles

Regan Darko

Postby Regan Darko » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Regan Darko wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Possibly. Bill & Ted for sure. We're reworking some things... AGAIN! ;)

NO! That's the line I wanted the most!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:15 am

Jeff Cope wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:Possibly. Bill & Ted for sure. We're reworking some things... AGAIN! ;)

E.T. is almost done!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:22 am

gyrofx wrote:Hi Reis, is Chucky still coming for action figures or is he cancelled? Thanks

Not sure yet. We're still reworking everything. I'll have news soon.

ImageImage

Dogmatic

Postby Dogmatic » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:55 pm

I just wanted to pop it and thank you for the Reaction video game Freddy and Jason. They're two of my favorite pieces, and I really wish there were Pops to go with 'em!
NES JASON 4 LIFE
ISO: 8-Bit Jason proto, NES colorway. If it exists, anyway.

Otter

Postby Otter » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:53 am

ReisOBrien wrote:No plans for another Landstrider release at this time. I'd get a second one, if I were you.

Done. :)

Reis, is the proboscis on the landstrider removable? Might give me another display option to differentiate each of them a little.

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
gyrofx wrote:Hi Reis, is Chucky still coming for action figures or is he cancelled? Thanks

Not sure yet. We're still reworking everything. I'll have news soon.

This makes me sad if he's cancelled. The only Reaction Figure I'm looking forward to. The lack of horror is disappointing. Thank goodness for Mystery Minis! :)

Idpullthecurtain 1

Postby Idpullthecurtain 1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:10 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
Jeff Cope wrote:

E.T. is almost done!

Great new Reis. Cant wait to see them :) Can I ask: How many in the series? Any hints of the line-up?

Return to “Action Figures”