Are all Action Figure Lines Dead?

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
xmaldigolax

Are all Action Figure Lines Dead?

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:18 pm

Haven't really heard a peep. They haven't advertised ANYTHING new. I feel like, if it isn't a Funko Pop, no one really cares. Oh and Loungefly. Kinda sad. Most of my favorite Funko lines have fizzled (Rock Candy, Dorbz, Action Figures, Hikari). I dunno...depressed.
ALEX

EMBRACE THE DARKNESS.

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

methodsmadness

Re: Are all Action Figure Lines Dead?

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:56 pm

Great question...
Bad news is that we might never "officially" know, they will just fizzle out and never come back. I loved the action figures, though. :(
Love the MOTU line, keep 'em coming please!
Image ImageImage

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:21 pm

They just released a new wave of Rick and Morty I think. It may not be the action figures you’re thinking of.
The first wave is had extra pieces in them to create an extra character.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Manclad

Postby Manclad » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Dark Crystal are new. Married With Children was an unexpected surprise. Very sporadic though.

lavery01

Postby lavery01 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:08 pm

I don’t think the line is dead, I just think people aren’t all that interested, IMO.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

YeetGrimes

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:34 am

It's a shame because I enjoy seeing things that aren't Pop!s. It adds variety to my collection. I love seeing different interpretations of some of my favorite characters.
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

YeetGrimes

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:34 am

lavery01 wrote:I don’t think the line is dead, I just think people aren’t all that interested, IMO.

Yup! Funko listens to their fans, so you just need to get the fans hyped up about it!
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

ImageImage

YeetGrimes

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:36 am

xmaldigolax wrote:Haven't really heard a peep. They haven't advertised ANYTHING new. I feel like, if it isn't a Funko Pop, no one really cares. Oh and Loungefly. Kinda sad. Most of my favorite Funko lines have fizzled (Rock Candy, Dorbz, Action Figures, Hikari). I dunno...depressed.

The thing about Loungefly is that they actually come out with new products very frequently it's just that they nor Funko EVER announce it lol It frustrates me because all of a sudden I go, "What?! They had this?! Since when?!" I just wish Loungefly was more active on social media and that Funko pushed more of Loungefly products as well. Especially apparel because apparel is cool.

ImageImage

Manclad

Postby Manclad » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 am

YeetGrimes wrote:It's a shame because I enjoy seeing things that aren't Pop!s. It adds variety to my collection. I love seeing different interpretations of some of my favorite characters.

Absolutely! I grew up with action figures and prefer them to Pops. Thankfully we have Super 7 (ReAction) and Mezco (5 points) still giving us hope.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:56 pm

BigM wrote:They just released a new wave of Rick and Morty I think. It may not be the action figures you’re thinking of.

Is it a similar concept as Marvel Legends?
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 am

jjb11590 wrote:
BigM wrote:They just released a new wave of Rick and Morty I think. It may not be the action figures you’re thinking of.

I don’t collect either line so I’m not an expert but I would say they’re similar. I think the R&M come with accessories and come on a card rather than package that you can remove it from. I’ve seen them At Target but you can find them on Amazon. They do have articulated points.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:47 am

BigM wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I don’t collect either line so I’m not an expert but I would say they’re similar. I think the R&M come with accessories and come on a card rather than package that you can remove it from. I’ve seen them At Target but you can find them on Amazon. They do have articulated points.

Cool, thanks. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them the next time I'm at Target.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ThePowerOfGus

Postby ThePowerOfGus » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Manclad wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:It's a shame because I enjoy seeing things that aren't Pop!s. It adds variety to my collection. I love seeing different interpretations of some of my favorite characters.

Absolutely! I grew up with action figures and prefer them to Pops. Thankfully we have Super 7 (ReAction) and Mezco (5 points) still giving us hope.

Same here! My main focus as a collector is 3.75" action figures so the lack of any new figures makes my heart sad (but my wallet happy.) I hope Mezco finds success with the 5 points, but mostly because I want a lot of figures from that Warriors line.
Toy Collector - Scenic Designer - Goofball

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:03 pm

ThePowerOfGus wrote:
Manclad wrote:

Same here! My main focus as a collector is 3.75" action figures so the lack of any new figures makes my heart sad (but my wallet happy.) I hope Mezco finds success with the 5 points, but mostly because I want a lot of figures from that Warriors line.

that animated Addams Family line was AWESOME.
ALEX

EMBRACE THE DARKNESS.

Image Image Image

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:07 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:Haven't really heard a peep. They haven't advertised ANYTHING new. I feel like, if it isn't a Funko Pop, no one really cares. Oh and Loungefly. Kinda sad. Most of my favorite Funko lines have fizzled (Rock Candy, Dorbz, Action Figures, Hikari). I dunno...depressed.

Seems like these days you can sum up the comments of most new announcements by sticking a picture of SNL Michael Myers with a word ballon saying "if it's not a pop it's CRAP!' in the comments. Bummer too, I was really digging the Vynl line. Soda looks interesting but have to gauge my excitement, seems like my interest = cursed.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ThePowerOfGus

Postby ThePowerOfGus » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:54 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:
ThePowerOfGus wrote:
Manclad wrote:

that animated Addams Family line was AWESOME.

I hadn't seen the Addams Family figs! Those look stellar and they release early next year. Nice!
Toy Collector - Scenic Designer - Goofball

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:58 am

I still have my game of thrones figures! Great detail

renardchua

Postby renardchua » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 pm

They are still making some from the time to time, but with regards to the reaction figures, it seems that Funko has stopped collaborating with Super7 already.

If you also notice, Super7 are still releasing those action figures right now.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Image ImageImage

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:01 pm

renardchua wrote:They are still making some from the time to time, but with regards to the reaction figures, it seems that Funko has stopped collaborating with Super7 already.

If you also notice, Super7 are still releasing those action figures right now.

oh yeah the reaction line is long severed from funko, i think they honestly flourished more when they separated. the licenses they aquired on their own seem to fit more with their indie style.
ALEX

EMBRACE THE DARKNESS.

Image Image Image

Return to “Action Figures”