Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Barbecue17

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby Barbecue17 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Sorry for the poor wording of my question!

Thanks for answering how Leatherface would be shipped, though, as that was what I was asking. I'm not really concerned one way or the other but was just curious if Leatherface would be shipping by himself in a case or if he'd be mixed in with heavy hitters from series 1 such as Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers. Sounds like we'll have full cases of Leatherface available.

Any planned variants?

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:31 am

Hi Reis,

Sorry if this has been asked already but I wondered about the amount of new lines/properties we might see unveiled at SDCC? Is it going to be NY Toy Fair equivalent or a bit less? Is there going to be anything new shown at SDCC?

I know you've spent the last six months diligently rolling out the stuff we saw way back at the start of the year, but I'm sure a few of us are keen to see what else you have up your sleeve for the rest of 2015 and maybe even into 2016.

Thanks.
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:33 am

Barbecue17 wrote:Sorry for the poor wording of my question!

Thanks for answering how Leatherface would be shipped, though, as that was what I was asking. I'm not really concerned one way or the other but was just curious if Leatherface would be shipping by himself in a case or if he'd be mixed in with heavy hitters from series 1 such as Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers. Sounds like we'll have full cases of Leatherface available.

Any planned variants?

I think we're planning a blood splatter variant (natch).
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:37 am

Darkbill wrote:Hi Reis,

Sorry if this has been asked already but I wondered about the amount of new lines/properties we might see unveiled at SDCC? Is it going to be NY Toy Fair equivalent or a bit less? Is there going to be anything new shown at SDCC?

I know you've spent the last six months diligently rolling out the stuff we saw way back at the start of the year, but I'm sure a few of us are keen to see what else you have up your sleeve for the rest of 2015 and maybe even into 2016.

Thanks.

Well, I've noticed a lot of people are asking about us unveiling new products at SDCC. Traditionally, we don't really use SDCC as a venue to show off new product. It's more about the exclusives and meeting the collectors and just generally celebrating collectibles. We tend to do our big unveils at Toy Fair. However, at Fundays, Brian always spills the beans on some upcoming stuff, but that's about it. So I hope people aren't hoping on new images or anything.

ImageImage

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:07 pm

There goes my interest in Comic Con.

Reactionfan101

Postby Reactionfan101 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:35 am

How many more horror figures we got coming ?

Will they be here before Halloween?

I won't argue wit you & no one has to get smart those were my opinion so no disrespect because I truly love this line

Date , hints, & what characters are coming out for the horror figures would be nice?

When will the gremlins come out kinda looking forward to that :)

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

Thanks.

Well, I've noticed a lot of people are asking about us unveiling new products at SDCC. Traditionally, we don't really use SDCC as a venue to show off new product. It's more about the exclusives and meeting the collectors and just generally celebrating collectibles. We tend to do our big unveils at Toy Fair. However, at Fundays, Brian always spills the beans on some upcoming stuff, but that's about it. So I hope people aren't hoping on new images or anything.

That's a bummer. I think a lot of us were hoping for some peeks at the stuff coming after the summer releases.

Can you say if the stuff that Brian has already announced (The A-Team, Aliens, The Big Lebowski, The Dark Crystal, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Munsters, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and V For Vendetta) are still on track for this year?

Oh, and I know it's probably a long shot...but are there any plans in the pipeline for Harry Potter ReActions?
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Reactionfan101 wrote:How many more horror figures we got coming ?

Will they be here before Halloween?

I won't argue wit you & no one has to get smart those were my opinion so no disrespect because I truly love this line

Date , hints, & what characters are coming out for the horror figures would be nice?

When will the gremlins come out kinda looking forward to that :)

Gremlins are in stores now.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:32 pm

TheLastDude wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Thanks.

That's a bummer. I think a lot of us were hoping for some peeks at the stuff coming after the summer releases.

Can you say if the stuff that Brian has already announced (The A-Team, Aliens, The Big Lebowski, The Dark Crystal, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Munsters, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and V For Vendetta) are still on track for this year?

Oh, and I know it's probably a long shot...but are there any plans in the pipeline for Harry Potter ReActions?

Most of them are on track, some have gotten bumped to 2016.

Sorry, but no Harry Potter.

ImageImage

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:03 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
TheLastDude wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Thanks.

Most of them are on track, some have gotten bumped to 2016.

Sorry, but no Harry Potter.

Good to know! Thanks my friend.

I figured that...but gotta take the shot anyway, right?

:stitch:
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Daniel Larusso

Postby Daniel Larusso » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Would it be possible to make Reaction figures of any of Guy Ritchie's films? Would love to have figures from Snatch (Mickey, Turkish, Bullet-Tooth Tony, Bricktop, Avi would be a great series 1!). Or what about Sherlock Holmes or the new Man from UNCLE movie, or even the old Man from UNCLE T.V. show?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm

Daniel Larusso wrote:Would it be possible to make Reaction figures of any of Guy Ritchie's films? Would love to have figures from Snatch (Mickey, Turkish, Bullet-Tooth Tony, Bricktop, Avi would be a great series 1!). Or what about Sherlock Holmes or the new Man from UNCLE movie, or even the old Man from UNCLE T.V. show?

Sorry, we don't have any of those licenses available for action figures.

ImageImage

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Inevitably some of the recent suggestions for Reactions figures, particularly on Facebook, have verged on the downright silly and others are plainly just people having a laugh.

But, I'm watching the original Die Hard movie for the umpteenth time and I'm thinking there's a genuinely iconic 80's movie that warrants at least a John McLane figure...
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Darkbill wrote:Inevitably some of the recent suggestions for Reactions figures, particularly on Facebook, have verged on the downright silly and others are plainly just people having a laugh.

But, I'm watching the original Die Hard movie for the umpteenth time and I'm thinking there's a genuinely iconic 80's movie that warrants at least a John McLane figure...

Flynn pitched Die Hard to us a while back, but we looked into and ultimately decided to pass.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Any chance of the Hammer Horror Movies as Reaction Figures I would absolutely love a Christopher Lee / Dracula and Ingrid Pitt would be very nice! How about a figure of Vampira or Elvira. Even better a whole line of Scream Queens to go with the Horror Line!

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:04 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
Darkbill wrote:Inevitably some of the recent suggestions for Reactions figures, particularly on Facebook, have verged on the downright silly and others are plainly just people having a laugh.

Flynn pitched Die Hard to us a while back, but we looked into and ultimately decided to pass.

Man, my thumb is truly on the pulse if a Die Hard figure wouldn't fly and yet Boondock Saints is in stores, even as we speak.

:roflmao:

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:23 pm

Darkbill wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Man, my thumb is truly on the pulse if a Die Hard figure wouldn't fly and yet Boondock Saints is in stores, even as we speak.

:roflmao:

It's not entirely about what we think would sell better, sometimes it comes down to whether or not we have the license, or whether or not we can even get the license, or if it's worth paying for it for just a couple of characters, or if the timing is right, or a hundred other reasons. Comparing the licenses we've done against the ones we've yet to do or have chosen not to do is really apples and oranges.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Any chance of the Hammer Horror Movies as Reaction Figures I would absolutely love a Christopher Lee / Dracula and Ingrid Pitt would be very nice! How about a figure of Vampira or Elvira. Even better a whole line of Scream Queens to go with the Horror Line!

Sadly, no plans for any of the Hammer Horror films, although I personally love them dearly. Also, no plans for an Elvira, but I'm not gonna let that stop me from pitching it to Brian every few months or so. She is one of my Trifecta of First Loves, along with Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and Daisy Duke. :)

ImageImage

TheFigureDude

Postby TheFigureDude » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:05 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:Any chance of the Hammer Horror Movies as Reaction Figures I would absolutely love a Christopher Lee / Dracula and Ingrid Pitt would be very nice! How about a figure of Vampira or Elvira. Even better a whole line of Scream Queens to go with the Horror Line!

Sadly, no plans for any of the Hammer Horror films, although I personally love them dearly. Also, no plans for an Elvira, but I'm not gonna let that stop me from pitching it to Brian every few months or so. She is one of my Trifecta of First Loves, along with Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and Daisy Duke. :)

Whoa, the thought of a Lynda Carter-esque ReAction Figure just blew my mind. I know this isn't going to happen and is probably improbable but a man can dream.
Last edited by TheFigureDude on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Too bad about Hammer Horror, maybe someday. Keep fighting to get Elvira made. I absolutely love her and had her on my list since pre-adolescent years too! I forgot to ask about a Horror Legend - Please say Vincent Price has a shot at being inducted into the Reaction Horror Line! Reis?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:46 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Too bad about Hammer Horror, maybe someday. Keep fighting to get Elvira made. I absolutely love her and had her on my list since pre-adolescent years too! I forgot to ask about a Horror Legend - Please say Vincent Price has a shot at being inducted into the Reaction Horror Line! Reis?

Nope. No Vincent Price. Sorry!

ImageImage

AgentCooper

Postby AgentCooper » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Not sure how well the Fantastic Mr. Fox Legacy did (mine are on order and should arrive next week, took me a while to scratch up the extra cash). Any chance it could see a Reaction version? What about Reaction versions of any other Wes Anderson properties? Oh and did the question about the Burbs get answered?

captgarlik

Postby captgarlik » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:49 pm

I know this has been asked in the past ( by me), but are we still going to be getting the two variant color suits of Kane from the first wave of Alien?
My name is Paul, and I like Fig Newtons.

Cable

Postby Cable » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:36 am

Reis, do you have the rights to all of Star Trek? Movies included? If so, is there a possibility for say Enterprise and/or Voyager figures? And more importantly: maybe TOS crew in movie uniforms? Is any/all of this on the table?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:08 pm

AgentCooper wrote:Not sure how well the Fantastic Mr. Fox Legacy did (mine are on order and should arrive next week, took me a while to scratch up the extra cash). Any chance it could see a Reaction version? What about Reaction versions of any other Wes Anderson properties? Oh and did the question about the Burbs get answered?

Sorry, no plans for any more Mr. Fox product, nor any other Wes Anderson properties. Also no plans for the Burbs.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:10 pm

captgarlik wrote:I know this has been asked in the past ( by me), but are we still going to be getting the two variant color suits of Kane from the first wave of Alien?

Something like that. But I can't spill the beans on it just yet. ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Cable wrote:Reis, do you have the rights to all of Star Trek? Movies included? If so, is there a possibility for say Enterprise and/or Voyager figures? And more importantly: maybe TOS crew in movie uniforms? Is any/all of this on the table?

I think we only currently have the rights to the TOS and TNG television shows.

ImageImage

AgentCooper

Postby AgentCooper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:14 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
AgentCooper wrote:Not sure how well the Fantastic Mr. Fox Legacy did (mine are on order and should arrive next week, took me a while to scratch up the extra cash). Any chance it could see a Reaction version? What about Reaction versions of any other Wes Anderson properties? Oh and did the question about the Burbs get answered?

Sorry, no plans for any more Mr. Fox product, nor any other Wes Anderson properties. Also no plans for the Burbs.

Ahhh shucks!

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:53 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
captgarlik wrote:I know this has been asked in the past ( by me), but are we still going to be getting the two variant color suits of Kane from the first wave of Alien?

Interesting! Does this mean there will be a series 3?
Could we see the rest of the Nostromo screw?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:57 pm

skinny_puppy123 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Interesting! Does this mean there will be a series 3?
Could we see the rest of the Nostromo screw?

Again, can't talk about that, yet.

ImageImage

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Now that we have learned that a Godzilla Pop is coming from Gamestop, could we expect to see a reaction of the King Of Monsters?

Must say, super excited for this Pop! :D
Last edited by Funko Pop! Fan16 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 pm

If you can't talk about it yet, that's ok...but I was curious about the MOTU figures that S7 is going to be selling at SDCC.

Is this just a proto 4-pack and that's all that's ever going to be made, or are you guys going to be selling single packed painted figures at some point? I guess sort of like how S7 did the Kane/Big Chap 2-pack at SDCC, but you guys still sold single packed and painted figures of them in the Alien series.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/mast ... 2015-motu/
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

redmao

Postby redmao » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:23 am

Super7 teased a set of Reaction looking Masters of the Universe figures.
Can we hope to see the Masters as Reaction figures?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:Now that we have learned that a Godzilla Pop is coming from Gamestop, could we expect to see a reaction of the King Of Monsters?

Must say, super excited for this Pop! :D

Sorry, no. We don't have the rights to make Godzilla in an articulated form of any kind.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:16 pm

TheLastDude wrote:If you can't talk about it yet, that's ok...but I was curious about the MOTU figures that S7 is going to be selling at SDCC.

Is this just a proto 4-pack and that's all that's ever going to be made, or are you guys going to be selling single packed painted figures at some point? I guess sort of like how S7 did the Kane/Big Chap 2-pack at SDCC, but you guys still sold single packed and painted figures of them in the Alien series.

We have nothing to do with the Super7 MOTU figures. These are entirely their project and Funko is not involved at all.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:23 pm

redmao wrote:Super7 teased a set of Reaction looking Masters of the Universe figures.

Just to clear things up, the MOTU figures from Super7 are NOT ReAction figures. I only say this because I'm seeing a lot of people online already calling them "MOTU ReAction".

Funko is in no way involved in these figures.

Not that we don't think these are totally brilliant! But they are definitely more of a Super7 sort of thing, and I'm sure the final painted versions (which I assume are coming eventually) are gonna be rad!
Last edited by ReisOBrien on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:47 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
TheLastDude wrote:If you can't talk about it yet, that's ok...but I was curious about the MOTU figures that S7 is going to be selling at SDCC.

We have nothing to do with the Super7 MOTU figures. These are entirely their project and Funko is not involved at all.

ReisOBrien wrote:
redmao wrote:Super7 teased a set of Reaction looking Masters of the Universe figures.

Just to clear things up, the MOTU figures from Super7 are NOT ReAction figures. I only say this because I'm seeing a lot of people online already calling them "MOTU ReAction".

Funko is in no way involved in these figures.

A while back, Super7 came to us with the idea for doing these under the ReAction banner. We thought about it for a bit, but ultimately passed on it. We felt that ReAction should be about TV and movie licenses getting the retro Kenner treatment, but this just felt more like combining two different toy styles, sort of like mixing Strawberry Shortcake with Bogglins. It just didn't feel like a good fit for Funko under the ReAction brand.

Not that we don't think these are totally brilliant! But they are definitely more of a Super7 sort of thing, and I'm sure the final painted versions (which I assume are coming eventually) are gonna be rad!

Gotcha. I agree with you that the figures are fantastic. I dig that they did the proto figures in colors that make sense. Flesh colored He-Man, light blue Skelly...just a great idea overall.

It's a shame they aren't ReActions...but that's no reason that we can't collect and enjoy them regardless.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:50 pm

OMG ... I am loving the Jack Skellington.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Will there be rolling changes with the Firefly Legacy figures, or were they made all-at-once?

(Curious about whether there will be revisions to Mal, namely the three minor nits that reviewers have covered: his shirt, his wrists, and his upper legs. 1. Mal's shirt could change from glossy to matte; 2. Mal's wrist pegs could be more hidden up his coat sleeves, and 3) Mal's upper-legs (the tiny parts by his groin) which have been assembled back-to-front could be assembled correctly so that the wrinkles in the front of his pants continue up the front as they were intended).

I have one of each already, so I'm not holding out. But I am curious if there will be improvements in later shipments, or if there was only the one shipment. Thanks!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:08 pm

willbfree wrote:Will there be rolling changes with the Firefly Legacy figures, or were they made all-at-once?

(Curious about whether there will be revisions to Mal, namely the three minor nits that reviewers have covered: his shirt, his wrists, and his upper legs. 1. Mal's shirt could change from glossy to matte; 2. Mal's wrist pegs could be more hidden up his coat sleeves, and 3) Mal's upper-legs (the tiny parts by his groin) which have been assembled back-to-front could be assembled correctly so that the wrinkles in the front of his pants continue up the front as they were intended).

I have one of each already, so I'm not holding out. But I am curious if there will be improvements in later shipments, or if there was only the one shipment. Thanks!

We have no plans for any reorders at the moment on these, but we can make a couple of small running changes if it comes to that. But those would mostly be limited to paint changes, or simple assembly issues.

ImageImage

Return to “Action Figures”