Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ReisOBrien

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm

The list for 2016 is complete. If Munsters happen, then that will have to be sometime in 2017. But I'm a huge Munsters fan, so don't worry, I'm pushing for it to happen!

Yes, the Addams Family will be in black & white (grey scale). Thing will have 24 points of articulation, every single knuckle. Just kidding. ;)

No plans for further ToS Trek. The first two waves just didn't sell well enough to justify making any more.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi Reis,

I was just wondering how we're getting Ghost in the Game of Thrones line? Is he apart of The Wall playset? Seems like too much to come with Jon Snow.

Also, are we getting a phone booth with the Bill & Ted figures?

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Good Afternoon Reis:

You mentioned Aliens(3 pack) to be released this year, will it be someone's exclusive? i.e....Entertainment Earth, Gemini, Toys R Us, etc....
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #KeepItPoppin
Facebook: Iz Salazar

6rick6

Postby 6rick6 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:22 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:The list for 2016 is complete. If Munsters happen, then that will have to be sometime in 2017. But I'm a huge Munsters fan, so don't worry, I'm pushing for it to happen!

Yes, the Addams Family will be in black & white (grey scale). Thing will have 24 points of articulation, every single knuckle. Just kidding. ;)

No plans for further ToS Trek. The first two waves just didn't sell well enough to justify making any more.

Any chance the Addams Family will come in colour too?? (To satisfy my OCD mind to keep all my figs full colour)

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:03 pm

6rick6 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:The list for 2016 is complete. If Munsters happen, then that will have to be sometime in 2017. But I'm a huge Munsters fan, so don't worry, I'm pushing for it to happen!

Any chance the Addams Family will come in colour too?? (To satisfy my OCD mind to keep all my figs full colour)

No plans for that right now. Maybe as an exclusive one day. But I honestly think they will work better in greyscale.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:05 pm

punksnotdead wrote:Hi Reis,

I was just wondering how we're getting Ghost in the Game of Thrones line? Is he apart of The Wall playset? Seems like too much to come with Jon Snow.

Ghost will be his own carded figure.

No plans for a phone booth at this time, but I agree that would make a cool exclusive or something. Maybe a phone booth with Rufus?

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:05 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Good Afternoon Reis:

You mentioned Aliens(3 pack) to be released this year, will it be someone's exclusive? i.e....Entertainment Earth, Gemini, Toys R Us, etc....

That's still being ironed out. We'll make an announcement when we know more.

ImageImage

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:59 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
punksnotdead wrote:Hi Reis,

Ghost will be his own carded figure.

No plans for a phone booth at this time, but I agree that would make a cool exclusive or something. Maybe a phone booth with Rufus?

Yes, please. \:D/

Thanks for the response!

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Happy Easter, Reis:

I was wondering if there was a chance of any of the Marvel or DC characters that are in the Vinyl Pop! line going to be made into ReAction figures? I know there's The Flash and Arrow already.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #KeepItPoppin
Facebook: Iz Salazar

tlasjr

Postby tlasjr » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Hello Reis,

What is the general turn around time from conception to product shipment? I have heard 18 onths in prior Q&A's from other companies, has that number dropped with the advance of technology?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:55 am

Hi Reis. Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I have a question about Star Trek: TOS again. I know you commented that sales of TOS would not justify a continuation of that series in spite of the fact that several Trek fans would love to get Chekov, Chapel, Rand, Khan, a Klingon and a Romulan and I'm sure they would happily call it a day at that point. While that one wave line up would certainly by no means cover all of Star Trek's legacy it would be a nice closing point. I worry that Star Trek: The Next Generation, which according to Diamond Select's Chuck Terceira in many Q&A's under performs TOS sales, will be DOA. Has Funko given any thought to doing a mixed sci-fi line, like the Horror Series or better, like the Mystery Minis Sci-Fi series? It just seems like it would help us to get characters we might otherwise not get. Would having retailer back a line up such as the six figures I've listed above help to get such a wave produced at this time? Could such a wave work as a Super 7 SDCC exclusive? I might be alone and speaking for myself but I would happily pre-order such a wave for $100 without batting an eye (Who am I kidding? I'd get two). I have not for one second regretted my purchase of the Alien Egg Chamber.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:47 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Happy Easter, Reis:

I was wondering if there was a chance of any of the Marvel or DC characters that are in the Vinyl Pop! line going to be made into ReAction figures? I know there's The Flash and Arrow already.

No, Mattel owns the rights to DC characters and Hasbro owns the rights to Marvel characters. The only reason we got the green light for Arrow and Flash was that they were in a "retro" format. That having been said, Arrow and Flash ReAction figures did not sell well at all and that gave us a pretty clear picture that modern licenses (such as current TV shows) just don't translate well in this form factor.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:49 pm

tlasjr wrote:Hello Reis,

What is the general turn around time from conception to product shipment? I have heard 18 onths in prior Q&A's from other companies, has that number dropped with the advance of technology?

Oh yes. Technology has helped trim that time down immensely. If we push really hard, we can get something from start to finish in as little as six months, but we prefer to not move that quickly unless we have to.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:04 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Hi Reis. Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I have a question about Star Trek: TOS again. I know you commented that sales of TOS would not justify a continuation of that series in spite of the fact that several Trek fans would love to get Chekov, Chapel, Rand, Khan, a Klingon and a Romulan and I'm sure they would happily call it a day at that point. While that one wave line up would certainly by no means cover all of Star Trek's legacy it would be a nice closing point. I worry that Star Trek: The Next Generation, which according to Diamond Select's Chuck Terceira in many Q&A's under performs TOS sales, will be DOA. Has Funko given any thought to doing a mixed sci-fi line, like the Horror Series or better, like the Mystery Minis Sci-Fi series? It just seems like it would help us to get characters we might otherwise not get. Would having retailer back a line up such as the six figures I've listed above help to get such a wave produced at this time? Could such a wave work as a Super 7 SDCC exclusive? I might be alone and speaking for myself but I would happily pre-order such a wave for $100 without batting an eye (Who am I kidding? I'd get two). I have not for one second regretted my purchase of the Alien Egg Chamber.

I understand that some fans are frustrated with the line not being more fleshed out, but at the end of the day, people support things with their buying power, and that just wasn't to be found with Star Trek.

If we did do a sort of mix-n-match "Sci Fi" line, that still wouldn't guarantee that you'd get those ancillary ToS characters you're looking for. We would save that for bigger one-off characters.

If a retailer backs it and they still peg-warm, that looks bad for the ReAction line as a whole. We're trying to get away from peg-warmers as much as possible. And before anyone says, "But you're doing Golden Girls! You don't think they're gonna peg-warm?!" Well, we'd rather take our chances on something new and fun than something that has already proven to be a slow seller, like Star Trek's supporting characters. At least we're trying.

We have no plans to produce this for Super 7 as an exclusive. We are simply stretched to the limit and we would have to devote sculptors, designers, production staff and factory time in order to produce them for Super 7 and we just can't take on any extra strain.

I fully understand how disappointed you feel. Believe me, I'd cut of my right leg for a new set of Dukes of Hazzard ReAction figures with a new General Lee vehicle, but I'm also keenly aware that I am in the minority here, now matter how fervently I feel about it.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:59 pm

I'd fully go in on that Dukes of Hazzard and General Lee and I'd bring you that saw and a bottle of whiskey while you got busy cutting! Lol ( Just kidding ) I feel almost as passionate about Magnum PI and his Ferrari along with TC and his Island Hoppers chopper! Which leads to the question- Why the A-Team first? Will we get BA's van? But I also have a Star Trek: TNG question- What are y'all doing to at least try to get us the main characters? TOS came out in waves of four, had that been two waves of six, some of the characters from my list might have made it. Can you disclose any info in which characters were in the plans for the 3rd wave of TOS that was discussed before the line was scrapped? Characters other than Chekov who was confirmed?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Oh and thank you Reis for always answering questions and being a fan right along with the rest of us. I know I'm griping a lot about Star Trek....but you sir, have come through for us several times (Dark Crystal and Conan) and can do no wrong in my eyes. Any news on that Elvira Reaction figure I so eagerly wish to add to my shelves?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:17 pm

bgiles73 wrote:I'd fully go in on that Dukes of Hazzard and General Lee and I'd bring you that saw and a bottle of whiskey while you got busy cutting! Lol ( Just kidding ) I feel almost as passionate about Magnum PI and his Ferrari along with TC and his Island Hoppers chopper! Which leads to the question- Why the A-Team first? Will we get BA's van? But I also have a Star Trek: TNG question- What are y'all doing to at least try to get us the main characters? TOS came out in waves of four, had that been two waves of six, some of the characters from my list might have made it. Can you disclose any info in which characters were in the plans for the 3rd wave of TOS that was discussed before the line was scrapped? Characters other than Chekov who was confirmed?

Right now, just an initial wave of four is planned for TNG, then we'll see how it goes.
I can't remember who was supposed to be in the 3rd wave of TOS. Chekov for sure, then I think Khan and and Klingon. I'm forgetting someone else.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:18 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Oh and thank you Reis for always answering questions and being a fan right along with the rest of us. I know I'm griping a lot about Star Trek....but you sir, have come through for us several times (Dark Crystal and Conan) and can do no wrong in my eyes. Any news on that Elvira Reaction figure I so eagerly wish to add to my shelves?

No plans for an Elvira ReAction figure. Much to my dismay. The list I have posted is what we have in the works.

ImageImage

Otter

Postby Otter » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:03 pm

http://news.toyark.com/2016/03/29/20th-century-fox-alien-day-festivities-announced-200485

Does the Alien Day press release, specifically mentioning your upcoming queen/powerloader pack, mean that this set will be released on April 24?! *excited grin*

Otter

Postby Otter » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:11 am

:(

Just checked the 2016 thread. All good, I'm just glad we are gonna get them.

6rick6

Postby 6rick6 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:51 am

Any idea when the new 9 poa GOT are going to be available? Also, will they be the same price as ReAction figures or more expensive?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:03 pm

6rick6 wrote:Any idea when the new 9 poa GOT are going to be available? Also, will they be the same price as ReAction figures or more expensive?

I don't have a hard release date on those just yet. We should hopefully have all of the paints approved by HBO this week, then we can go into production. So it'll still be at least a couple of months. We're trying our best to keep these the same price as ReAction, but we may need some wiggle room if the production costs get too high. Fingers crossed!

ImageImage

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:14 am

Any chance for a Leprechaun or IT figure in the Horror line? Leprechaun always seems to get snubbed in toy lines, so if not do you know if there's a problem with the licensing for that film? Thanks.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 am

Jackknight wrote:Any chance for a Leprechaun or IT figure in the Horror line? Leprechaun always seems to get snubbed in toy lines, so if not do you know if there's a problem with the licensing for that film? Thanks.

All that we've announced is all that we have definite plans for at this moment. But Leprechaun has been brought up a few times, and I think we have the license for it. So it's a possibility.

ImageImage

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Game of Thrones figures look great. I preoreded all of them and can't wait until they get here.
I did have a question about the articulation of Ghost. Does he have neck and/or tail articulation.
And these figures are being announced as 5 points of articulation. You may want to have them fix that.

Oh and do you have a time frame or update on Archer figures?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

6rick6

Postby 6rick6 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Jackknight wrote:Any chance for a Leprechaun or IT figure in the Horror line? Leprechaun always seems to get snubbed in toy lines, so if not do you know if there's a problem with the licensing for that film? Thanks.

I'm dying for an "It" figure as well. Hopefully they all float one day.

Otter

Postby Otter » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm excited to read that the Game of Thrones action figures are due for release in June.

I am a little disappointed that the cards don't evoke that retro-feel like the ReAction ones do. (But it does make the decision to open or leave on card a lot easier. :) )

Will this be the apporach for card design going forward with all future 9POA figures, or was it just a decision made for GoT?

Otter

Postby Otter » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Is The Wall cast in opaque plastic, or is it painted transluscent plastic to achieve an ice effect?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:43 am

the_Archivist wrote:Game of Thrones figures look great. I preoreded all of them and can't wait until they get here.
I did have a question about the articulation of Ghost. Does he have neck and/or tail articulation.
And these figures are being announced as 5 points of articulation. You may want to have them fix that.

Oh and do you have a time frame or update on Archer figures?

Ghost does have head articulation, but not on the tail. And I had them change the "5 points" typo. Thanks! :)

No solid plans on Archer at this time. Still in the very early stages of development.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:46 am

Otter wrote:I'm excited to read that the Game of Thrones action figures are due for release in June.

I am a little disappointed that the cards don't evoke that retro-feel like the ReAction ones do. (But it does make the decision to open or leave on card a lot easier. :) )

Will this be the apporach for card design going forward with all future 9POA figures, or was it just a decision made for GoT?

It's important to note that the new 9POA figures are NOT ReAction figures, and the packaging design was deliberately aimed at making that distinction. And yes, we'll be sticking with this approach for all 9POA figures going forward. More modern looking, with more freedom to try new things like die cuts, bubble shapes, etc.

ImageImage

Toysflo

Postby Toysflo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:45 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
Otter wrote:I'm excited to read that the Game of Thrones action figures are due for release in June.

It's important to note that the new 9POA figures are NOT ReAction figures, and the packaging design was deliberately aimed at making that distinction. And yes, we'll be sticking with this approach for all 9POA figures going forward. More modern looking, with more freedom to try new things like die cuts, bubble shapes, etc.

Hi Reis,
If the new 9POA figures are not reaction figures, is there still a hope for the Legacy GoT wave 3 ?
Best regards

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:44 am

Toysflo wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Hi Reis,
If the new 9POA figures are not reaction figures, is there still a hope for the Legacy GoT wave 3 ?
Best regards

Not at this point, sorry.

ImageImage

LandoInDisguise

Postby LandoInDisguise » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:25 am

Hi Reis, I saw the official sneak peek of the Dark Crystal figures, looks fantastic! August can't be here fast enough. Maybe I've missed talk about this earlier, but will the line be a complete release, including all the larger beasts as well? Is there any chance you would even add in extra characters that were not part of the original Aviva line-up? And will the crystal fragments be included as well?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:54 pm

LandoInDisguise wrote:Hi Reis, I saw the official sneak peek of the Dark Crystal figures, looks fantastic! August can't be here fast enough. Maybe I've missed talk about this earlier, but will the line be a complete release, including all the larger beasts as well? Is there any chance you would even add in extra characters that were not part of the original Aviva line-up? And will the crystal fragments be included as well?

Right now, the line-up is pretty much the same as the original Aviva line, minus the pod people. As always, going deeper depends on how well they sell. Me and a couple of the other Dark Crystal fans in the art department had to work very hard to get these made, begging, pleading, offering to wash Brian's car. ;) So I'm just happy that they're happening at all.

And YES, the build-a-crystal feature will be included!

ImageImage

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:58 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
LandoInDisguise wrote:Hi Reis, I saw the official sneak peek of the Dark Crystal figures, looks fantastic! August can't be here fast enough. Maybe I've missed talk about this earlier, but will the line be a complete release, including all the larger beasts as well? Is there any chance you would even add in extra characters that were not part of the original Aviva line-up? And will the crystal fragments be included as well?

Right now, the line-up is pretty much the same as the original Aviva line, minus the pod people. As always, going deeper depends on how well they sell. Me and a couple of the other Dark Crystal fans in the art department had to work very hard to get these made, begging, pleading, offering to wash Brian's car. ;) So I'm just happy that they're happening at all.

And YES, the build-a-crystal feature will be included!

And for that, I as well as MANY other die-hard Dark Crystal fans say THANK YOU!!! =D>

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:35 pm

And YES, the build-a-crystal feature will be included![/quote]

My daughter and I are happy with the sneak peek of the Dark Crystal ReAction figures. In behalf of my daughter and myself, we want to give you the respect to you and your art department on how wonderful those figures look (We would have join you to clean somebody's car to get these done). Keep up the great work and I will buy 4 sets of the line for my daughter and I. My questions are:

When will we see the official pictures of the whole Dark Crystal line? When will they be available to pre-order?

JonSnuu

Postby JonSnuu » Tue May 03, 2016 1:28 pm

When can we expect production images of the new GOT 9POA figures? Super pumped for this line! Thanks!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed May 04, 2016 1:06 pm

JonSnuu wrote:When can we expect production images of the new GOT 9POA figures? Super pumped for this line! Thanks!

Pretty soon-ish.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu May 05, 2016 11:52 am

BobaFett69 wrote:Hello !

I'm kinda new in the Funko ReAction figures collecting.

It's almost impossible to find them in France...

Are there any figure that are discontinued, or are they all still in production ?
I wouldn't want to miss some.

Thank you !

Yes, most of the figures that were made in the first year are no longer produced. I'm not exactly sure which ones, sorry. You may have to resort to the secondary market for them.

ImageImage

Toysflo

Postby Toysflo » Thu May 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi Reis,

Is it possible to buy from you some figures sample or prototype of the Game Of Thrones legacy wave 3 ?
Please I've collected all the line and I miss it already.

Best regards

Return to “Action Figures”