Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ReisOBrien

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:12 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Awesome news about Nightmare Before Christmas! I hope by other plans a playset or two! I want the grave yard hill with a moon backdrop with foot pegs to properly display Jack and Sally! I just have another request, Reis...... Beetljuice Reactions?

On the list! :)
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Reis, while I'm sure the exact lineup cannot yet be revealed...but for Classic Trek could you tell us a) how many characters in the first wave, and are they all crew...or some crew, some aliens?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:26 am

Oh adding to Jeff's Star Trek related question, I noticed on Funko.com that for y'all's listed licenses Star Trek: The Next Generation is there too. Are Reaction figures for Picard and crew in the plans?

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:19 am

...and adding on another thing...is the Trek Animated Series an option? There's characters there that have never been done as toys.

Bengalhawks

Postby Bengalhawks » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Very excited to hear we will be getting X-Files reaction figures. As a huge fan of the series i cant wait for them to come. I know you said its early, but can we get more then just Mulder & Scully as the human characters? The alien/creature figures are cool, but id like to see Doggett,Reyes, Skinner, Cigarette Smoking man and more.

emgamera

Postby emgamera » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Young Ones! Please!

Also, Tank Girl, Return of the Living Dead, and Buckaroo Banzai.

(I realize this is not a question. So, to remedy that... How are you today?)

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:04 pm

A Disney Villains set would be cool.

Big Bad Wolf (Three Little Pigs)
Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
Chernabog (Fantasia)
Cruella de Vil (One Hundred and One Dalmatians)
Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
Hades (Hercules)
Horned King (The Black Cauldron)
Jafar & Iago (Aladdin)
Lady Tremaine (Cinderella)
Madame Medusa (The Rescuers)
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
Prince John (Robin Hood)
Queen/Witch (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
Ratcliffe (Pocahontas)
Ratigan (The Great Mouse Detective)
Shan Yu (Mulan)
Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi Reis. I have another Reaction related question. Have you guys given any thought to making any carrying cases for Reaction figures? I remember a vinyl "Space Case" I had in the early 80's that housed all my Star Wars, etc figures. While a vinyl case would invoke many child hood memories I would love it if y'all would go all grandiose like Kenner did with their Darth Vader and C3-PO cases and go with a Xenomrph head inspired case!

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm watching Space 1999 right now.. What great ReAction figures they'd make.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:03 am

Jeff Cope wrote:Reis, while I'm sure the exact lineup cannot yet be revealed...but for Classic Trek could you tell us a) how many characters in the first wave, and are they all crew...or some crew, some aliens?

I'm not sure if I can go into that yet, but we do plan to have some aliens involved.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

bgiles73 wrote:Oh adding to Jeff's Star Trek related question, I noticed on Funko.com that for y'all's listed licenses Star Trek: The Next Generation is there too. Are Reaction figures for Picard and crew in the plans?

They're on the long list. Nothing written in stone yet, but they're definitely on our radar.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:05 am

Jeff Cope wrote:...and adding on another thing...is the Trek Animated Series an option? There's characters there that have never been done as toys.

I don't think we have the rights to Star Trek Animated. Sorry. :(

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:06 am

Bengalhawks wrote:Very excited to hear we will be getting X-Files reaction figures. As a huge fan of the series i cant wait for them to come. I know you said its early, but can we get more then just Mulder & Scully as the human characters? The alien/creature figures are cool, but id like to see Doggett,Reyes, Skinner, Cigarette Smoking man and more.

X-Files is on the long list, so we haven't figured out which characters are going to be in that series yet.

ImageImage

emgamera

Postby emgamera » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:07 am

bgiles73 wrote:While a vinyl case would invoke many child hood memories I would love it if y'all would go all grandiose like Kenner did with their Darth Vader and C3-PO cases and go with a Xenomrph head inspired case!

I would happily buy an inexpensive-ish themed vinyl case for pretty much each property. Love those things.

Also, the character-bust-shaped cases would be cool, too. I nominate "Head Cases" as an appropriate name for this product.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:07 am

emgamera wrote:Young Ones! Please!

Also, Tank Girl, Return of the Living Dead, and Buckaroo Banzai.

(I realize this is not a question. So, to remedy that... How are you today?)

I'm great! Thanks for asking! How are you doing? :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

bgiles73 wrote:Hi Reis. I have another Reaction related question. Have you guys given any thought to making any carrying cases for Reaction figures? I remember a vinyl "Space Case" I had in the early 80's that housed all my Star Wars, etc figures. While a vinyl case would invoke many child hood memories I would love it if y'all would go all grandiose like Kenner did with their Darth Vader and C3-PO cases and go with a Xenomrph head inspired case!

Stay tuned...

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:48 am

This deal keeps sounding better and better all the time!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Aside from Mulder and Scully in the X-Files line I would very much like to see all the other human characters, but my main want is an Alien Grey! Can you at least confirm that we will get a proper Grey in 3 3/4" action figure form and not some of those green impostors like McFarlane toys did. I have been wanting to build an army of Alien Greys forever! The truth is out there and I want to believe. Lol

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:20 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Aside from Mulder and Scully in the X-Files line I would very much like to see all the other human characters, but my main want is an Alien Grey! Can you at least confirm that we will get a proper Grey in 3 3/4" action figure form and not some of those green impostors like McFarlane toys did. I have been wanting to build an army of Alien Greys forever! The truth is out there and I want to believe. Lol

Sorry, I can't confirm any official list right now.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Somehow, not being able to confirm not deny goes hand in hand with the subject matter! Oh well, just mark it as a vote that if y'all happen to have a spot in Wave 1 of the X-Files that needs to be filled, Ol' Grey would round things out nicely! Like the Aliens Xenomorph, I'll have to get multiples!

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:44 am

I'd buy a ton of grey aliens... just saying

by the way Reis, I think it's really great of you to talk directly with the fans and answer our never ending questions :)

Anyways, I think I got all of the currently announced ReAction figures in my Archive. Are there any more planed exclusive variants going to be announced soon we need to be on the lookout for?

I know the Classic NES Freddy and Jason are going to be for NYCC and you mentioned a blue shirt Malcom any more coming from this years series?

I also just got my notification from EE that the Predators are on their way, that is the last of my pre-order back in February. 4 months is going to feel like forever until the next bunch of figures are going to be announced.
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:07 pm

the_Archivist wrote:I'd buy a ton of grey aliens... just saying

by the way Reis, I think it's really great of you to talk directly with the fans and answer our never ending questions :)

Anyways, I think I got all of the currently announced ReAction figures in my Archive. Are there any more planed exclusive variants going to be announced soon we need to be on the lookout for?

I know the Classic NES Freddy and Jason are going to be for NYCC and you mentioned a blue shirt Malcom any more coming from this years series?

I also just got my notification from EE that the Predators are on their way, that is the last of my pre-order back in February. 4 months is going to feel like forever until the next bunch of figures are going to be announced.

We have many exclusives and chase figures planned for the future, but none that I'm at liberty to talk about at this time. Sorry!

We will probably announce some before Toy Fair, but that's all up to the Big Guy.

ImageImage

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:16 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
the_Archivist wrote:I'd buy a ton of grey aliens... just saying

We have many exclusives and chase figures planned for the future, but none that I'm at liberty to talk about at this time. Sorry!

We will probably announce some before Toy Fair, but that's all up to the Big Guy.

Ok Thanks. Looking forward to it.
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:15 am

Here are a few long shots but stuff I'd love to see in Reaction- Interview With the Vampire? The Lost Boys? From Dusk Til Dawn? Salem's Lot? Bram Stoker's Dracula? - Is there any hope for any of these?

ColumbiaShimmer

Postby ColumbiaShimmer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:55 pm

I have a great idea! Can you think about doing My Little Pony: Equestria Girls ReAction figures? I'd love to see Sunset Shimmer (and her demon form) as well all of the other Equestria Girls characters! But I'd be surprised if you already have that planned...after all, Funko has the My Little Pony license!
Shivering in antici...pation for the Rocky Horror Pops! and ReAction figures.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:02 pm

ColumbiaShimmer wrote:I have a great idea! Can you think about doing My Little Pony: Equestria Girls ReAction figures? I'd love to see Sunset Shimmer (and her demon form) as well all of the other Equestria Girls characters! But I'd be surprised if you already have that planned...after all, Funko has the My Little Pony license!

Yes, but Hasbro OWNS that license and they probably won't allow us to do action figures. Sorry. :(

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:04 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Here are a few long shots but stuff I'd love to see in Reaction- Interview With the Vampire? The Lost Boys? From Dusk Til Dawn? Salem's Lot? Bram Stoker's Dracula? - Is there any hope for any of these?

ALL of those have hope! Some more than others. But nothing in the plans yet. Except for one. One of those is on the long list, but I can't say which one. ;)

ImageImage

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:20 am

If you all make Lost Boys figures in any way shape or form I'll totally loose my **** with excitement lol
Got in the Predator figures and the rest of the Firefly series at my store and I know I've said it before but I'll say it again-the ReAction line is fantastic! And they're not only proving popular (had to drastically up some order numbers after the first trial batches came in and sold in a week!) but they are the perfect thing to direct folks towards when their fandom doesn't have much in the way of affordable merch (:coughFIREFLYhack:) I seriously hope the ReAction line continues to grow, seek out those odd ball cult following licenses and continues to push the "these are so cool!" button in people's brains.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Reis,

For the moment I won't add to the huge and terrific list of 'wants' as most of these are covered in the Wishlist section.

Just a couple of questions about the line in general.

1. When you do a Wave 2 will it be in the same sort of numbers, i.e. another batch of 60+ figures or will releases slow down and be more spaced out? (Incidentally, I love that you announced such a huge list last time - a year's worth of figures all in one go!)

2. If so, is it likely to be an even split between follow-up waves for the best selling lines, i.e. BTTF or Firefly and completely new properties?

3. Is there a target for how many new properties you will add in 2015?

4. I'm really pleased you said the figures are selling well. Have some lines surprised you by doing better than others, and are those lines more likely to be extended with a further wave?

5. If it's not a trade secret, are there particular figures proving to be best sellers within the first wave?

6. Finally, I'm a fan of the Rocketeer figure but I'm not sure I'd buy a whole line from that movie. How deep would go into a property before you hit the real peg warmers? Would you consider doing similar single 'iconic' figures from certain franchises, i.e. Judge Dredd, Riddick, Ash, The Prisoner (I know other fans are going to jump in and say No! Make them all!)
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:25 am

Darkbill wrote:Hi Reis,

For the moment I won't add to the huge and terrific list of 'wants' as most of these are covered in the Wishlist section.

Just a couple of questions about the line in general.

1. When you do a Wave 2 will it be in the same sort of numbers, i.e. another batch of 60+ figures or will releases slow down and be more spaced out? (Incidentally, I love that you announced such a huge list last time - a year's worth of figures all in one go!)

2. If so, is it likely to be an even split between follow-up waves for the best selling lines, i.e. BTTF or Firefly and completely new properties?

3. Is there a target for how many new properties you will add in 2015?

4. I'm really pleased you said the figures are selling well. Have some lines surprised you by doing better than others, and are those lines more likely to be extended with a further wave?

5. If it's not a trade secret, are there particular figures proving to be best sellers within the first wave?

6. Finally, I'm a fan of the Rocketeer figure but I'm not sure I'd buy a whole line from that movie. How deep would go into a property before you hit the real peg warmers? Would you consider doing similar single 'iconic' figures from certain franchises, i.e. Judge Dredd, Riddick, Ash, The Prisoner (I know other fans are going to jump in and say No! Make them all!)

1. It'll probably be the same amount, but will hopefully be spaced out better throughout the year. That was the original plan, but working with a new factory led to a little confusion and a bunch of stuff got produced all in one big chunk.

2. Probably not. What we release next is based on sales and collector buzz. And we're still a little more into releasing new properties. But second waves of our first launches will come eventually! At least, for some licenses.

3. Yes, but I can't say what that is.

4. Yes, the best way to make sure you get a second wave of a license is to buy the first wave. Universal Monster is becoming a happy surprise. I was personally a little worried that UM may have been only a moderate seller, but the pre-orders and sales have been amazing. People still love classic monsters!

5. Not sure about individual figures. But we went into this expecting some figures to sell better than others. Like, more people are going to buy a T800 Endoskeleton than a Sarah Connor, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make figures like Sarah Connor.

6. Yes, there are some figures that just lend themselves to being a one-off release, such as Rocketeer. We have a few others like that coming up, but I can't say which ones.

Great questions!

ImageImage

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:55 am

Hello baby maker!

Are there two diff card backs for the Halloween Myers figure? I am seeing a couple diff stock pics on sites. One has the original Mike and one from Halloween 4 I believe it is.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:49 am

Pumpkin King wrote:Hello baby maker!

Are there two diff card backs for the Halloween Myers figure? I am seeing a couple diff stock pics on sites. One has the original Mike and one from Halloween 4 I believe it is.

All the ones that will hit stores will be one card. We used a one image in the promo pics and then the licensor wanted us to use a different image, so it got changed right before it went to print.

ImageImage

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Cool thx!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:58 pm

You probably can't say, but will there be another Firefly wave, have they been selling particularly well?
If I can't scuba, then what's this all about? What am I working towards?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:50 pm

With all the Disney lines coming from Funko (The Rocketeer, Nightmare Before Christmas and now, Tomorrowland) could you guys please do Hocus Pocus? And how about John Carter too? (That movie was awesome! I don't care what the critics say!)

Actionfiguretheatre

Postby Actionfiguretheatre » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:27 am

Reis, first of all, thanks so much for taking the time to answer our questions.

1000thghost wrote:I would love to maybe see some British shows done.
Blakes 7, Space 1999, James Bond

I would absolutely lap these up! Can I also add Sapphire & Steel to the 'we can dream' list.

ReisOBrien wrote:We do have the X-Files license for ReAction, but nothing rolling yet.

This excites me very much. Can't wait.

And I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the Star Trek line(s). Love what you guys are doing.

PS Big congrats on the Tomorrowland figure!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:58 am

TheDorkKnight wrote:You probably can't say, but will there be another Firefly wave, have they been selling particularly well?

The Firefly figures have been selling okay. I'm not sure if it's enough to warrant another wave. But I hope so!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:00 pm

bgiles73 wrote:With all the Disney lines coming from Funko (The Rocketeer, Nightmare Before Christmas and now, Tomorrowland) could you guys please do Hocus Pocus? And how about John Carter too? (That movie was awesome! I don't care what the critics say!)

Sadly, I don't think there's enough of a fan base for either of those properties. But I LOVED John Carter and think that the figures could be awesome! Probably won't happen, though. Sorry. :(

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Actionfiguretheatre wrote:Reis, first of all, thanks so much for taking the time to answer our questions.

1000thghost wrote:I would love to maybe see some British shows done.
Blakes 7, Space 1999, James Bond

I would absolutely lap these up! Can I also add Sapphire & Steel to the 'we can dream' list.

ReisOBrien wrote:We do have the X-Files license for ReAction, but nothing rolling yet.

This excites me very much. Can't wait.

And I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the Star Trek line(s). Love what you guys are doing.

PS Big congrats on the Tomorrowland figure!

Thanks,man! That Tomorrowland one was a hard one to keep secret, but we did it!

ImageImage

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Reis,

Thanks for answering my questions, much appreciated. But you know it just encourages me to ask more. lol

1. I'm impressed by the number of properties you already have, and I wonder if you approach them one at a time or do blanket deals with big rights holders like Universal or Fox?

2. Blade Runner would undeniably be a stone cold best seller, but I appreciate the rights are a nightmare. So, I wonder how long you would persevere with certain properties even if they presented a huge challenge?

3. Shame, if we don't get at least one more wave of Firefly, I hate it when the core characters don't get covered by a toy line. It would be like vintage Star Wars without Tarkin. Not a question, more of a plea. ;-)

4. Even if you are spreading out next year's releases any chance you would still announce them all in one go? It really made you guys stand out from other companies, who put piecemeal updates out. And to be honest it ratcheted up the excitement.

5. Which would be your top five properties to have? (I appreciate that this isn't you confirming lines you might or might not have in the pipeline)
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

Return to “Action Figures”