Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Reaction fan 101

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby Reaction fan 101 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello.
Reis first off I would like to say I'm so grateful for the work you done on the reaction line please keep them coming !!!!
I own almost all the Reaction line except for Firefly and pulp fiction not a fan of either of those quite frankly don't know why those excist I'm saying this in a positive way no disrespect.

1st question) what's the chances of a 2nd horror series? I would love to see letherface,Dolly,Childs play original not the (Scar version) leprechaun,talky Tina from the twighlight zone guarantee to sell

2nd)what are the chance of the 1932 film FREAKS Todd browning film , great to have those figures guaranteed to sell also or
How about the American horror story freak show figures those would be nice??????

3rd) will you ever make cases to protect these Kenner style figures cheaper than star cases protech???

4th)keep them coming I will but them all!!! Can you please give me a lose of licenses you have to create these figures like universal,etc.... So on and so on?

captgarlik

Postby captgarlik » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:16 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the Tomorrowland Reaction figure for nycc only being released there, or is it more of a pre-release like super Grover?
My name is Paul, and I like Fig Newtons.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:28 pm

That's a good question Paul. I think it's a great looking figure even though I don't know a thing about the movie. I'd love to have one, but there are only 200 of the NYCC version, so that's not looking good for the home team.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Darkbill wrote:Hi Reis,

Thanks for answering my questions, much appreciated. But you know it just encourages me to ask more. lol

1. I'm impressed by the number of properties you already have, and I wonder if you approach them one at a time or do blanket deals with big rights holders like Universal or Fox?

2. Blade Runner would undeniably be a stone cold best seller, but I appreciate the rights are a nightmare. So, I wonder how long you would persevere with certain properties even if they presented a huge challenge?

3. Shame, if we don't get at least one more wave of Firefly, I hate it when the core characters don't get covered by a toy line. It would be like vintage Star Wars without Tarkin. Not a question, more of a plea. ;-)

4. Even if you are spreading out next year's releases any chance you would still announce them all in one go? It really made you guys stand out from other companies, who put piecemeal updates out. And to be honest it ratcheted up the excitement.

5. Which would be your top five properties to have? (I appreciate that this isn't you confirming lines you might or might not have in the pipeline)

1. That depends. A little bit of both, I guess.

2. Until they get made!

3. Well, it all comes down to supply and demand. If there's not enough demand, we'd be crazy to supply.

4. Yeah, knowing Brian, he'll probably want to make a big splash.

5. Conan the Barbarian, Last Starfighter, Dark Crystal, '66 Batman and Haunted Mansion (the ride, not the movie).
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Reaction fan 101 wrote:Hello.
Reis first off I would like to say I'm so grateful for the work you done on the reaction line please keep them coming !!!!
I own almost all the Reaction line except for Firefly and pulp fiction not a fan of either of those quite frankly don't know why those excist I'm saying this in a positive way no disrespect.

1st question) what's the chances of a 2nd horror series? I would love to see letherface,Dolly,Childs play original not the (Scar version) leprechaun,talky Tina from the twighlight zone guarantee to sell

2nd)what are the chance of the 1932 film FREAKS Todd browning film , great to have those figures guaranteed to sell also or
How about the American horror story freak show figures those would be nice??????

3rd) will you ever make cases to protect these Kenner style figures cheaper than star cases protech???

4th)keep them coming I will but them all!!! Can you please give me a lose of licenses you have to create these figures like universal,etc.... So on and so on?

1. Pretty likely. And actually, Bif Bang Pow just released their version of a retro-style Talking Tina figure in their Twightlight Zone line, so part of your dream just came true!

2. Very doubtful, but man, would those be awesome!

3. Not like Protech cases, no.

4. I can't list off everything that we're currently working on. You'll find out by Toy Fair.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:40 pm

captgarlik wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the Tomorrowland Reaction figure for nycc only being released there, or is it more of a pre-release like super Grover?

You'll probably see that figure again, but not in that packaging.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Reis I love all the great Reaction figures y'all are putting out there! I'm glad these are doing well. I know a lot of collectors out there are put off by the 5 POA. Has Funko given any thought to maybe doing anything similar to what Hasbro, Boss Fight Studios, Hiya Toys, etc have been doing in a 3 3/4" scale? Don't stop what y'all are doing with Reaction and Legacy to do so, but it might be nice to have that as an option too!

Reaction fan 101

Postby Reaction fan 101 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks reis for awnsering my questions that's awesome I know
That big trouble in little China is coming out and Star Trek

But I really want to see a 2nd horror series also I ask about child's play but is there licenses
Issues with the movies 1-3?

And how about leprechaun?

Dude 1932 Freak figures wil sell you ahold do them in limited amount I would buy two of each

starwars

Postby starwars » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldnt find if it has, Is it possible there is going to be another series of the Universal Monsters or The Metaluna Mutant from This island earth?

Thanks
Last edited by starwars on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:57 am

bgiles73 wrote:Hi Reis I love all the great Reaction figures y'all are putting out there! I'm glad these are doing well. I know a lot of collectors out there are put off by the 5 POA. Has Funko given any thought to maybe doing anything similar to what Hasbro, Boss Fight Studios, Hiya Toys, etc have been doing in a 3 3/4" scale? Don't stop what y'all are doing with Reaction and Legacy to do so, but it might be nice to have that as an option too!

I would love to see some 3 3/4"-4" Legacy type figures as well. Your Game of Thrones and Magic figures are amazing but 6" isn't for me... I'd buy even more of those than I have of the ReAction figures.
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:04 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
Darkbill wrote:Hi Reis,

Thanks for answering my questions, much appreciated. But you know it just encourages me to ask more. lol

1. I'm impressed by the number of properties you already have, and I wonder if you approach them one at a time or do blanket deals with big rights holders like Universal or Fox?

2. Blade Runner would undeniably be a stone cold best seller, but I appreciate the rights are a nightmare. So, I wonder how long you would persevere with certain properties even if they presented a huge challenge?

3. Shame, if we don't get at least one more wave of Firefly, I hate it when the core characters don't get covered by a toy line. It would be like vintage Star Wars without Tarkin. Not a question, more of a plea. ;-)

4. Even if you are spreading out next year's releases any chance you would still announce them all in one go? It really made you guys stand out from other companies, who put piecemeal updates out. And to be honest it ratcheted up the excitement.

5. Which would be your top five properties to have? (I appreciate that this isn't you confirming lines you might or might not have in the pipeline)

1. That depends. A little bit of both, I guess.

2. Until they get made!

3. Well, it all comes down to supply and demand. If there's not enough demand, we'd be crazy to supply.

4. Yeah, knowing Brian, he'll probably want to make a big splash.

5. Conan the Barbarian, Last Starfighter, Dark Crystal, '66 Batman and Haunted Mansion (the ride, not the movie).

If you guys ever got the Dark Crystal license I would loose my ****. Haunted Mansion would be pretty sweet too. Not gonna hold my breathe for any of those but man, they'd be awesome.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:18 am

How about some Diamond/comic shop-exclusive ReAction series based on classic comic properties that deserve toylines. Usagi Yojimbo and ElfQuest both come to mind.

Otter

Postby Otter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:12 am

I LOVE Usagi, and would LOVE to see a cast of characters rendered in plastic. And would buy every single one.

But I don't think the pair of us would be enough to support it. Would we? (Just remembered this is a question thread, so figured I'd better ask one.)

Usagi!

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:40 am

Otter wrote:I LOVE Usagi, and would LOVE to see a cast of characters rendered in plastic. And would buy every single one.

But I don't think the pair of us would be enough to support it. Would we? (Just remembered this is a question thread, so figured I'd better ask one.)

Usagi!

I've gotten pretty much every non-human character to date, so it would be more than just the two of you :). For some reason the Humans just don't seem right to me, but the monsters, aliens, and robots have been excellent.

Oh yeah I need a question... Is it February yet?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:54 am

bgiles73 wrote:Hi Reis I love all the great Reaction figures y'all are putting out there! I'm glad these are doing well. I know a lot of collectors out there are put off by the 5 POA. Has Funko given any thought to maybe doing anything similar to what Hasbro, Boss Fight Studios, Hiya Toys, etc have been doing in a 3 3/4" scale? Don't stop what y'all are doing with Reaction and Legacy to do so, but it might be nice to have that as an option too!

Nah. That doesn't really appeal to us. We'd rather not do what everyone else is doing.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:55 am

Reaction fan 101 wrote:Thanks reis for awnsering my questions that's awesome I know
That big trouble in little China is coming out and Star Trek

But I really want to see a 2nd horror series also I ask about child's play but is there licenses
Issues with the movies 1-3?

And how about leprechaun?

Dude 1932 Freak figures wil sell you ahold do them in limited amount I would buy two of each

Child's Play and Leprechaun are a possibility. And trust me, as much as I love Todd Browning's Freeks, figures of those would not sell.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:57 am

starwars wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldnt find if it has, Is it possible there is going to be another series of the Universal Monsters or The Metaluna Mutant from This island earth?

Thanks

Yep! We've got series 2 for Universal Monsters on the list. Nothing set in stone yet, though.

Basically, everything we've made could have a second series (or more) if the first series sells well enough.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:58 am

Jeff Cope wrote:How about some Diamond/comic shop-exclusive ReAction series based on classic comic properties that deserve toylines. Usagi Yojimbo and ElfQuest both come to mind.

Man, I'd LOVE to do something like that! But sadly, I don't think those properties would garner enough sales. Elfquest would rule. And Groo!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:59 am

the_Archivist wrote:
Otter wrote:I LOVE Usagi, and would LOVE to see a cast of characters rendered in plastic. And would buy every single one.

Usagi!

I've gotten pretty much every non-human character to date, so it would be more than just the two of you :). For some reason the Humans just don't seem right to me, but the monsters, aliens, and robots have been excellent.

Oh yeah I need a question... Is it February yet?

Nope!

ImageImage

Reaction fan 101

Postby Reaction fan 101 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Once again thanks reis but to be honest on the the 1932 Freaks where going to have to agree to disagree look
At how much views / money is American horror story Freak show is doing Am I right ? You an I know that AHS is a splitting image
Of the 1932 Freaks all I'm saying is please give it a thought and investigate a little into it! Might be worth it because might not be as hard to get licenses for 1932 freAks than the AHS FreAk show :)

Thanks child's play has to come in your figures also dude I'm such a fan of reaction figures that I study everything so I have some ideas of what's comeing out !! No surprises here lol

But on a serious note great job on these bad boys keep them coming

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:00 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

Nah. That doesn't really appeal to us. We'd rather not do what everyone else is doing.

I'm actually not dissappointed with this answer at all. I love vintage Kenner. I do, however like the Galoob Star Trek: The Next Generation figures that were done in much the same fashion as Kenner figures but with knee-articulation. I saw The Last Starfighter is a line y'all would like to do, would y'all ressurect the Galoob sculpts that had knee articulation, or go back to the drawing board with new sculpts in Kenner style?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:54 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

I'm actually not dissappointed with this answer at all. I love vintage Kenner. I do, however like the Galoob Star Trek: The Next Generation figures that were done in much the same fashion as Kenner figures but with knee-articulation. I saw The Last Starfighter is a line y'all would like to do, would y'all ressurect the Galoob sculpts that had knee articulation, or go back to the drawing board with new sculpts in Kenner style?

We will always go back to new sculpts done in the Kenner style, as we feel that that style most greatly encompasses the look and feel of what we are going for. We may occasionally break out of that mold (such as with Nightmare Before Christmas), but overall we would like ReAction figures to look like they are all from the same era/toy company.

Figure styles from Galoob, LJN, Remco, Mego, etc. haven't really stood the test of time for the wider ReAction audience like Kenner's has.

ImageImage

Otter

Postby Otter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Is there any chance that we will see Game of Thrones translated into ReAction figures?

The Legacy figures are cool, but the juxtaposition of "grown-up" content presented as children's toys is more interesting to me.

Reaction fan 101

Postby Reaction fan 101 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Hey will the protech star cases 1 6x9 2 1/4 will fit perfectly for the Reaction figures reis please awnser this also
Has and one put them in the case I want to protect my figures I can definitely see them be worth keeping safe in the future
Please awnser this question because getting ready to make a order 100 case and there really expensive don't want to waste the money there's no refunds

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:07 pm

QUESTION 1-Have you guys ever thought of "Hanna Barbara" for reaction?
So many to choose from, Flintstones, Scooby, Yogi, Huckleberry?

QUESTION 2-This is sorta a overall Funko question, but could and would be awesome for Reaction!
Psycho/Bates Motel, where the products at Reis?
Last edited by Funko Pop! Fan16 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Thundarr the Barbarian!

sh3l8y

Postby sh3l8y » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:09 pm

Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:Have you guys ever thought of "Hanna Barbara" for reaction?

Scooby Doo Reaction figures would be amazing - I would def buy a full set

Otter

Postby Otter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:12 am

While I realise the majority of licences are nostalgic, 80s-type properties, the presence of the Eric Draven figure gives me hope that other films with a cult status may be possible. How do you go about canvassing support for different properties, and what can fans do to help their favourite properties be considered for production?

Like Fight Club action figures... complete with sweet, delicious irony.

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:40 am

Reis, it may be time to revisit Ghostbusters. Diamond Select just announced they're doing 7" Ghostbusters figures and a 1:15 scale Ecto 1. Looks like Mattel's license may have expired.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Otter wrote:Is there any chance that we will see Game of Thrones translated into ReAction figures?

The Legacy figures are cool, but the juxtaposition of "grown-up" content presented as children's toys is more interesting to me.

Anything is possible!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Reaction fan 101 wrote:Hey will the protech star cases 1 6x9 2 1/4 will fit perfectly for the Reaction figures reis please awnser this also
Has and one put them in the case I want to protect my figures I can definitely see them be worth keeping safe in the future
Please awnser this question because getting ready to make a order 100 case and there really expensive don't want to waste the money there's no refunds

Sorry, I don't have any experience with Protech cases. I would suggest just buying one and seeing if it will fit first.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:QUESTION 1-Have you guys ever thought of "Hanna Barbara" for reaction?

QUESTION 2-This is sorta a overall Funko question, but could and would be awesome for Reaction!
Psycho/Bates Motel, where the products at Reis?

Hanna Babera has been talked about, but no plans for anything at this time. Also, some of those licenses are already tied up for the action figure category.

Psycho has been talked about as well. But also no plans as of yet.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Otter wrote:While I realise the majority of licences are nostalgic, 80s-type properties, the presence of the Eric Draven figure gives me hope that other films with a cult status may be possible. How do you go about canvassing support for different properties, and what can fans do to help their favourite properties be considered for production?

Like Fight Club action figures... complete with sweet, delicious irony.

We tend to look at previous/current products already out there and whether or not they are having success. We also listen to fan feedback. Sometimes the licensor comes to us and wants product made. And every now and then we make something just because we want to! ;)

Keep listing what you'd like to see in the "wishlist" threads. We do read those!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Jeff Cope wrote:Reis, it may be time to revisit Ghostbusters. Diamond Select just announced they're doing 7" Ghostbusters figures and a 1:15 scale Ecto 1. Looks like Mattel's license may have expired.

Mattel made a deal with Diamond. They're still the license holders.

ImageImage

Reaction fan 101

Postby Reaction fan 101 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Is the board of the the reaction figures
Exactly the same size as the KENNER STAR WARS ? Wide and lenth??

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Some of these ideas:

Lost in Space
MASH
A-Team
Knight Rider
Get Smart
Batman 66

Might be collected into a Classic TV series... It could be a rotating series that could be updated at will.
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:39 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Jeff Cope wrote:Reis, it may be time to revisit Ghostbusters. Diamond Select just announced they're doing 7" Ghostbusters figures and a 1:15 scale Ecto 1. Looks like Mattel's license may have expired.

Mattel made a deal with Diamond. They're still the license holders.

Could Funko make a deal with Mattel? I really don't see Mattel doing anything in the 3 3/4" Retro style. Ghostbusters would be a really coveted Reaction line.

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:06 am

Hi Reis,

1. You mentioned that when we get a list of new figures for 2015 the emphasis will be on new properties. Does this mean that a potential Wave 2 of figures we are seeing now, i.e. Firefly, Predator etc might still come out, but not necessarily next year? (Assuming, of course, they sell enough of Wave 1, of course)

2. Who ultimately decides which lines you go for and then do? Is it a collective thing or does Brian just say, I've decided we are doing these?

3. Would you ever consider a Fan's Choice figure, or even a poll just to see if there were a top five or ten? Although, looking at the wishlists people seem to feel anything's possible (licensing permitting)

4. Non-US properties? Something you'd ever pursue? I ask this as a Brit. :-)

5. Any idea yet who is actually buying these things? Do you think that kids might be buying them? Or is it just misty-eyed nostalgic old farts like myself?

6. Finally, I love the Alien chestburster figure. How gnarly do you think you would get with figures in the future, for example if you did Carpenter's The Thing? Bearing in mind, you're aping kid's toys from the 70's?
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Reaction fan 101 wrote:Is the board of the the reaction figures
Exactly the same size as the KENNER STAR WARS ? Wide and lenth??

Yes.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:36 pm

1000thghost wrote:Some of these ideas:

Lost in Space
MASH
A-Team
Knight Rider
Get Smart
Batman 66

Might be collected into a Classic TV series... It could be a rotating series that could be updated at will.

Let's keep this thread strictly about questions related to the line. You can post your ideas for things you want to see in the ReAction Wishlist thread. I read that one too! :)

ImageImage

Return to “Action Figures”