Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
BlueberryWaffles

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby BlueberryWaffles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Is there any chance that Ghostbusters ReAction figures could happen?
Total Pop count: 60
First Pop: Green Lantern
Most recent Pop: BB-8
Grail: SDCC 2014 exploding Stay Puft (GITD version)

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am

BlueberryWaffles wrote:Is there any chance that Ghostbusters ReAction figures could happen?

Addressed earlier in this thread. Basically, no.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 am

funkystark wrote:What are the chances now that you have the Astro Boy license that we get to see Astro come to life in Reaction?

Pretty doubtful. Sorry.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 am

BlueberryWaffles wrote:Is there any chance that Ghostbusters ReAction figures could happen?

Nope. Not at all.

ImageImage

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:08 am

I am hopelessly addicted to these. Thanks for bringing some much needed fun to the world of figure collecting. They seem to be moving rather briskly in my neck of the woods. Some properties faster than others, but overall, things look good from a "street" level so to speak. So my question is, has the line,overall, been meeting your expectations from a sales point thus far? I know i'm hoping for several years of this line to come.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:07 am

My question today is this, " Back in 1989 Galoob was showing off a prototype of an Enterprise 1701-D Playset that sadly never got out of the prototype stage, are you aware of it Reis?" I just want to throw this out there since Funko has a license for Star Trek and Star Trek: TNG. Would Funko, if the demand was there consider something so ambitious, and right a wrong and finally give a million fanboys a chance to own this plastic holy relic?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:07 pm

ricflair4ever wrote:I am hopelessly addicted to these. Thanks for bringing some much needed fun to the world of figure collecting. They seem to be moving rather briskly in my neck of the woods. Some properties faster than others, but overall, things look good from a "street" level so to speak. So my question is, has the line,overall, been meeting your expectations from a sales point thus far? I know i'm hoping for several years of this line to come.

So far, things look great! But it's up to the collectors to keep it looking great! As long as you all keep buying them, we'll keep making them. :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 pm

bgiles73 wrote:My question today is this, " Back in 1989 Galoob was showing off a prototype of an Enterprise 1701-D Playset that sadly never got out of the prototype stage, are you aware of it Reis?" I just want to throw this out there since Funko has a license for Star Trek and Star Trek: TNG. Would Funko, if the demand was there consider something so ambitious, and right a wrong and finally give a million fanboys a chance to own this plastic holy relic?

We're certainly looking into playsets, but if we made them, I think we would take a swing at designing something completely new, as opposed to trying to resurrect a design from another company.

ImageImage

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Would certain lines be perennial? I'm thinking specifically Universal Monsters. Might we see a reissue around next Halloween or something like that? Repaints even?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Jeff Cope wrote:Would certain lines be perennial? I'm thinking specifically Universal Monsters. Might we see a reissue around next Halloween or something like that? Repaints even?

You have not seen the last of the Universal Monsters. ;)

ImageImage

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:20 am

Hey Reis, I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered before, but has anyone ever brought up the possibility of some anime ReAction figures? I'm thinking along the lines of properties like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Akira, etc.

Any chance there?
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:52 pm

TheLastDude wrote:Hey Reis, I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered before, but has anyone ever brought up the possibility of some anime ReAction figures? I'm thinking along the lines of properties like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Akira, etc.

Any chance there?

I don't think that anime figures really fit the ReAction aesthetic. Also, for the most part, we're trying to stick to live action characters (except for Nightmare Before Christmas).

ImageImage

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:32 pm

Fair enough. I just figured I'd take a wild stab in the dark.

Thanks, Reis!
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

TonyMez

Postby TonyMez » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Dr. Loomis Figure: Is one going to be made in the future from the original Halloween Movie ?
"I spent 8 yrs trying to reach him, and then another 7 trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply. Evil"

Bossk76

Postby Bossk76 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:24 pm

this is probably a bit off topic, but I've wondered what the relationship is between Funko and Super 7?

BlueberryWaffles

Postby BlueberryWaffles » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Any chance of the Indiana Jones license?
Total Pop count: 60
First Pop: Green Lantern
Most recent Pop: BB-8
Grail: SDCC 2014 exploding Stay Puft (GITD version)

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 am

TonyMez wrote:Dr. Loomis Figure: Is one going to be made in the future from the original Halloween Movie ?

Sorry, no plans for Dr. Loomis.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

Bossk76 wrote:this is probably a bit off topic, but I've wondered what the relationship is between Funko and Super 7?

Basically, Super 7 came up with the idea and the name ReAction. We then took the project over and licensed the name. Now, Funko designs, produces and distributes the entire ReAction line, and the gang at Super 7 work as consultants on the project. Also, we help them with some of the production of their exclusives, like the Alien eggs and playsets, but they handle all the concepting and design for those items.

Also, we all get together every now and then and totally geek out on vintage toys. ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 am

BlueberryWaffles wrote:Any chance of the Indiana Jones license?

We've talked about it, but it probably won't happen. We're a little reluctant to re-do a line that was already done, especially by Kenner, which is the style that we aspire to. There are some other lines that were done in the past that we feel could benefit from an updated take (like Universal Monsters), but the Indy figures were pretty brilliant back in the day. Also, I think the licensing for Indy is a little tangled up at the moment.

ImageImage

TonyMez

Postby TonyMez » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Having a Dr. Loomis is like adding the Ying to the Yang, Good VS Evil, Batman VS The Joker, peanut butter without jelly, Lone Ranger without Tonto, Van Helsing VS Dracula. Maybe make a line of "Good Guys" to go along with the monster series to counter balance them.

Necca made a Diorama set and the "chaser" is Dr. Loomis because Michael Myers was made by a couple different companies. I hope you reconsider it. Years ago Necca made that set due to a petition and you can still find it, it was signed by many. people. That's what really made the Halloween movies, having some plot of Good verses Evil in it with Dr. Loomis being the guy. Without him, the movies would not have been nothing at all really.

Thanks
"I spent 8 yrs trying to reach him, and then another 7 trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply. Evil"

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 pm

I agree about Loomis. I'd also love a Nancy to go with Freddy, a Dr Frankenstein to go with his monster and a Van Helsing to stand up to Dracula! What I would really love is an Ian Holm as Jack the Ripper and Johnny Depp as Inspector Abberline from the movie "From Hell". Any chances of those two in a future wave of the Horror line?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:10 pm

bgiles73 wrote:I agree about Loomis. I'd also love a Nancy to go with Freddy, a Dr Frankenstein to go with his monster and a Van Helsing to stand up to Dracula! What I would really love is an Ian Holm as Jack the Ripper and Johnny Depp as Inspector Abberline from the movie "From Hell". Any chances of those two in a future wave of the Horror line?

"From Hell" seems a little too niche for the horror line. Think mainstream heavy hitters.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Wanted more for Jack the Ripper than a tie in to any particular movie. I'd actually kinda be interested in a line of Reaction that included stuff like Jack the Ripper, Vlad the Impaler, Lizzy Borden and Cryptozoology creatures like Bigfoot, etc.

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Love reading this thread :) Just got the Alien series in at my store-immediatly sent a few Christmas hints to some people lol

I've noticed some have holes in the bottom of their feet (Firefly series for example) while others do not (the horror figures I've grabbed so far don't.) Any particular reason why it's inconsistent between lines? And for the ones that do have he hole-any idea if they'd fit on the stands for the Kinnear figures? I keep forgetting to bring a loose figure to work/a stand home from work to try so figured I'd ask lol
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:48 am

With the announcement Funko will be doing products for Garbage Pail Kids, what is the likelihood ReAction figures would be made as well? Is that a property you would even consider for ReAction?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:03 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Wanted more for Jack the Ripper than a tie in to any particular movie. I'd actually kinda be interested in a line of Reaction that included stuff like Jack the Ripper, Vlad the Impaler, Lizzy Borden and Cryptozoology creatures like Bigfoot, etc.

Ooooooooh! A cryptozoology series would be amazing! Bigfoot, the Jersey Devil, the Mothman, a chupacabra!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:05 pm

MadLove wrote:Love reading this thread :) Just got the Alien series in at my store-immediatly sent a few Christmas hints to some people lol

I've noticed some have holes in the bottom of their feet (Firefly series for example) while others do not (the horror figures I've grabbed so far don't.) Any particular reason why it's inconsistent between lines? And for the ones that do have he hole-any idea if they'd fit on the stands for the Kinnear figures? I keep forgetting to bring a loose figure to work/a stand home from work to try so figured I'd ask lol

Only the Horror and Universal Monsters figures don't have holes. That's because we switched factories and they missed that instruction. It has since been fixed, so all figures going forward will have holes. And yes, they should fit Kenner stands just fine. :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:05 pm

the_Archivist wrote:With the announcement Funko will be doing products for Garbage Pail Kids, what is the likelihood ReAction figures would be made as well? Is that a property you would even consider for ReAction?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe.... ;)

ImageImage

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:14 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
MadLove wrote:Love reading this thread :) Just got the Alien series in at my store-immediatly sent a few Christmas hints to some people lol

Only the Horror and Universal Monsters figures don't have holes. That's because we switched factories and they missed that instruction. It has since been fixed, so all figures going forward will have holes. And yes, they should fit Kenner stands just fine. :)

Awesome! Time to buy some stands!
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Do you have to go license by license or do you have any master toys licenses that cover Pop and ReAction and other things Funko makes?
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:10 pm

1000thghost wrote:Do you have to go license by license or do you have any master toys licenses that cover Pop and ReAction and other things Funko makes?

A little bit of both. Depends on the license and the contract. Each one is different.

ImageImage

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:29 am

Hi Reis,

Some festive questions:

1) I love the Star Wars Holiday sets Hasbro did in the past, based on the Lucasfilm Xmas card artwork. Any chance you guys would consider any festive-themed variants in the future, if appropriate? If so, any ideas spring to mind you'd like to tackle, i.e. Mogwai with Santa hat!
2) The movie Bad Santa is a festive favourite round here. Would you consider a few Xmas movie figures, including those that might be considered more adult like Bad Santa, Scrooged, Rare Exports, anything by Shane Black! (Long Kiss Goodnight, Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) :-)
3) A non-Christmas question. Yesterday, we got the title and a few other details of the next Bond movie. A set of Classic and Modern James Bond figures would be fantastic. I think you guys had considered it at one point, but I wonder if it hit a dead end?
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:39 am

Darkbill wrote:Hi Reis,

Some festive questions:

1) I love the Star Wars Holiday sets Hasbro did in the past, based on the Lucasfilm Xmas card artwork. Any chance you guys would consider any festive-themed variants in the future, if appropriate? If so, any ideas spring to mind you'd like to tackle, i.e. Mogwai with Santa hat!
2) The movie Bad Santa is a festive favourite round here. Would you consider a few Xmas movie figures, including those that might be considered more adult like Bad Santa, Scrooged, Rare Exports, anything by Shane Black! (Long Kiss Goodnight, Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) :-)
3) A non-Christmas question. Yesterday, we got the title and a few other details of the next Bond movie. A set of Classic and Modern James Bond figures would be fantastic. I think you guys had considered it at one point, but I wonder if it hit a dead end?

1. A festive themed variant is not out of the question. As long as it made sense for the license. I mean, a Frankenstein's Monster dressed as Santa wouldn't make much sense. But now that I see it typed out right here, I would love that! Not that we're making that, mind you. But yes, it's something we have talked about and considered.

2. We have talked about some Christmas movies in the past, but seasonal products are tricky, as they have a short shelf-life and many of them end up in clearance bins come January. And the last thing you want with a new product line is to see any of it in a clearance bin. But if the license was strong enough, I think we'd be willing to take that chance.

3. Not so much of a dead end and a speed bump. But we'll keep you posted!

ImageImage

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Has there ever been a Bruce Lee line? What are the chances that could be possible? To see ReAction from Enter the Dragon and Game of Death with accessories would be awesome.
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:18 pm

case wrote:Has there ever been a Bruce Lee line? What are the chances that could be possible? To see ReAction from Enter the Dragon and Game of Death with accessories would be awesome.

We actually talked about that a while back, but I think his license is tangled up right now. So, probably won't happen, at least anytime soon.

ImageImage

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:43 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
case wrote:Has there ever been a Bruce Lee line? What are the chances that could be possible? To see ReAction from Enter the Dragon and Game of Death with accessories would be awesome.

We actually talked about that a while back, but I think his license is tangled up right now. So, probably won't happen, at least anytime soon.

Thanks for the info! One can hope I guess :) Lastly, I know this is kind probably not gonna happen, but what about the Skater community? I was thinking since most ReAction have holes at their feet maybe boards could be an accessory? Would be a nice little bit of history and cool to see like a line of the Bones Brigade, Mullen, Natas, or Gonz.
FDO 6-7-8-9

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:18 pm

case wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Thanks for the info! One can hope I guess :) Lastly, I know this is kind probably not gonna happen, but what about the Skater community? I was thinking since most ReAction have holes at their feet maybe boards could be an accessory? Would be a nice little bit of history and cool to see like a line of the Bones Brigade, Mullen, Natas, or Gonz.

Oh my god. Don't get me started thinking about Bones Brigade figures! I'd kill for Hawk, Mullen, Mountain, Cab, McGill and Guerrero figures! You could do all kinds of variants, with different shirts and deck graphics. You could do "slammed" exclusives with their faces all busted up and big road rashes on their limbs! Outside of Bones, I also wouldn't mind a Natas or Hosoi figure, either! Or even a Mike Valley or Duane Peters! It makes my brain and heart hurt just thinking about the possibilities.

But yeah, will never happen.

ImageImage

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Oooh, interesting answer on Bond...

Thanks for getting back with these answers Reis. Merry Christmas when it comes, and looking forward to some exciting news in the New Year!! :-)
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:54 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
case wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Oh my god. Don't get me started thinking about Bones Brigade figures! I'd kill for Hawk, Mullen, Mountain, Cab, McGill and Guerrero figures! You could do all kinds of variants, with different shirts and deck graphics. You could do "slammed" exclusives with their faces all busted up and big road rashes on their limbs! Outside of Bones, I also wouldn't mind a Natas or Hosoi figure, either! Or even a Mike Valley or Duane Peters! It makes my brain and heart hurt just thinking about the possibilities.

But yeah, will never happen.

Man that's a bummer that is some real American Pop Culture there. What about Animal Chin! After all these years those names are still fresh in my mind. I may have used Tony Hawk as my name at least a few dozen times to give to the man. Probably one of my greatest early teen moments was at a local contest and Tommy G. showed up and was hitting 9-10 ft wall rides off one of the ramps so it was like we enjoyed a mini session with him. Also, hitting the Embarcadero back in the day when there were no skate parks you had to wax your own curbs or cart around mini ramps back then. I just converted my Almost Lutzke (Mullens brand) to a cruiser for my daughter. Me a few years ago seeing if I could still Ollie, next was the kickflip but only landed a couple and both were shaky :blackeye:
205052_6019144821_2800_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FDO 6-7-8-9

TonyMez

Postby TonyMez » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 pm

How about making figures from the cartoon series Dungeons & Dragons with Venger and Dungeon Master?

Sinbad ? With the skeleton army, cyclops etc... from the 1960's films

Still pushing for Dr. Loomis and Van Helsing

Return to “Action Figures”