Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Darkbill

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby Darkbill » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:04 am

I'd second Sinbad, in fact a whole Ray Harryhausen line would be great. But other than some of the movies from the 70's and early 80's I think they break the ReAction 'too old' rule.

Am I the only one hoping for a line from those old Doug McLure movies like Warlords of Atlantis and The Land That Time Forgot? They were all we kids had in the days before Star Wars.
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:56 am

TonyMez wrote:How about making figures from the cartoon series Dungeons & Dragons with Venger and Dungeon Master?

Sinbad ? With the skeleton army, cyclops etc... from the 1960's films

Still pushing for Dr. Loomis and Van Helsing

DUUUUUUUUUUDE... Dugneons & Dragons is my all-time favorite Saturday morning cartoon. I would LOVE to make figures for it, but sadly, I just don't think the buying public is there in strong enough numbers.

Sinbad is a great idea, though. May be a little too old, though.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Darkbill wrote:I'd second Sinbad, in fact a whole Ray Harryhausen line would be great. But other than some of the movies from the 70's and early 80's I think they break the ReAction 'too old' rule.

Am I the only one hoping for a line from those old Doug McLure movies like Warlords of Atlantis and The Land That Time Forgot? They were all we kids had in the days before Star Wars.

Some of these suggestions are getting a bit too obscure. Keep in mind, gang, that these properties have to have a pretty huge fan base in order for us to commit the tens of thousands of dollars it takes just to develop them. Sure, I'd love to make some great obscure stuff from my childhood, but that doesn't mean that 10,000 other people will buy it, too. It's just the nature of the biz. :)

ImageImage

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Some of these suggestions are getting too obscure?

Reis, you've only just noticed!? :-)
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:14 pm

I'd love to see Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and A Christmas Story in Reaction. Any chances for any of those?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:50 pm

bgiles73 wrote:I'd love to see Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and A Christmas Story in Reaction. Any chances for any of those?

Not to sound like a jerk, but let's keep the suggestions and the "wants" in The ReAction Wishlist thread. I'm reading all of those, I promise!

I'd rather keep this thread about questions on the current releases or future ones that have been announced. Thanks!

ImageImage

Artistix

Postby Artistix » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:54 am

Sooo, Star Trek TNG!!

I believe Classic Trek will be over a few sets. Will TNG be the same? I gather it would need two sets to get the whole main crew.

I'm not entirely sure what the issue is with Dr. Crusher, but it is very common for toy makers. Please don't forget her. She is a major character in the series! The leading ladies are just as important as the guys. :)

Thanks for all the great work folks!

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:04 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
I'd rather keep this thread about questions on the current releases or future ones that have been announced. Thanks!

So now that there have some lines that have been announced for next year, can you elaborate on figure selection? Are you going to announce them all at once like you did last year or do you plan on announcing them a little before they are released so we get a little bit at a time throughout the year?

btw, great selection so far I'm really looking forward to some of these :) Are you going to have more detail in the face sculpts for the humans?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

Bengalhawks

Postby Bengalhawks » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:34 pm

With the announcement of the Breaking Bad Reaction figures is there anyway possible we can get an RV to go with Walt and Jesse? It would make a great first vehicle :) or possible exclusive.

redmao

Postby redmao » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Would it be possible to have pre cut cardboard playsets like the Star Trek bridge for the upcoming figures?
Something similar to the old Palitoy sets would be awesome.
Maybe Doc Brown's lab, Dracula's castle, Frankenstein's lab, the mummy's tomb, etc.
I understand that full plastic playsets would be very costly, but I think that sturdy cardboard could be pretty cool and fit with the retro style.

mikvnd1017

Postby mikvnd1017 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Really excited about Breaking Bad and Jaws receiving the Reaction treatment! Quint and Hank Schrader are my top wants. Can you say when the lineups will be shown and an estimated release date?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:59 pm

the_Archivist wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

So now that there have some lines that have been announced for next year, can you elaborate on figure selection? Are you going to announce them all at once like you did last year or do you plan on announcing them a little before they are released so we get a little bit at a time throughout the year?

btw, great selection so far I'm really looking forward to some of these :) Are you going to have more detail in the face sculpts for the humans?

I can't go into details yet, since we're saving a lot of the reveals for Toy Fair, but I will say this; Brian is just scratching the surface. You all have no idea what you're in for! ;)

And yes, we're going into much more detail on the faces (actually, more detail overall).

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Bengalhawks wrote:With the announcement of the Breaking Bad Reaction figures is there anyway possible we can get an RV to go with Walt and Jesse? It would make a great first vehicle :) or possible exclusive.

We've been talking vehicles, but nothing solid in the plans yet.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:02 pm

redmao wrote:Would it be possible to have pre cut cardboard playsets like the Star Trek bridge for the upcoming figures?
Something similar to the old Palitoy sets would be awesome.
Maybe Doc Brown's lab, Dracula's castle, Frankenstein's lab, the mummy's tomb, etc.
I understand that full plastic playsets would be very costly, but I think that sturdy cardboard could be pretty cool and fit with the retro style.

There have been some conversations about playsets, and we've taken a close look at the vintage Palitoy chipboard Deathstar set. We don't have anything official happening, but we're very interested in that style.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:03 pm

mikvnd1017 wrote:Really excited about Breaking Bad and Jaws receiving the Reaction treatment! Quint and Hank Schrader are my top wants. Can you say when the lineups will be shown and an estimated release date?

All will be revealed at Toy Fair. Not cleared to announce release dates yet.

ImageImage

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:10 pm

You mentioned previously that Oogie Boogie would be shrunken down to fit on the standard card back. Would that be the case for Bruce the shark in the Jaws line?

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:05 pm

I realize this might fall into the can't go into specifics thing, but will there be human characters in the Gremlins line? Always hated how the previous 6" Gremlins toys were never in scale with other 6" figures.

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Will The Dark Crystal Reactions be based off (or cast from) the never released Aviva line?

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:46 pm

80s-forever wrote:Reis, Im so happy that the license for The Dark Crystal worked out!! Thanks for not giving up!! I have an idea for a Dark Crystal Reaction exclusive, Kira with wings, thats if you havent thought of it already!

Genius!

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Jeff Cope wrote:You mentioned previously that Oogie Boogie would be shrunken down to fit on the standard card back. Would that be the case for Bruce the shark in the Jaws line?

I'm curious about this as well.

On a size note, (and if you can't discuss it, I understand) but what's the rough size going to be for the Gremlins? Are we looking at Sam from Trick R Treat sized or much smaller so they're in scale with human figures.

It's going to be a bit tough to swallow 10 bucks for a super tiny Gizmo unless he's packed in with a second figure or some awesome accessories.

Overall though, I'm super excited. As always, keep up the great work!
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:39 am

A Gremlins line! Woo hoo! Would be a great time to double dip and get Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet too! That's what I find most appealing about the Reaction line.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:55 am

Jeff Cope wrote:You mentioned previously that Oogie Boogie would be shrunken down to fit on the standard card back. Would that be the case for Bruce the shark in the Jaws line?

We have some new ideas on how to package a shark of his size. We're gonna need a bigger card back.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:55 am

Jackknight wrote:I realize this might fall into the can't go into specifics thing, but will there be human characters in the Gremlins line? Always hated how the previous 6" Gremlins toys were never in scale with other 6" figures.

Yes! There will be some humans in the Gremlins line!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:57 am

Cosmic_Cow wrote:Will The Dark Crystal Reactions be based off (or cast from) the never released Aviva line?

We're looking very closely at the original unreleased figures and packaging and are going to try and stay as true to that as possible, while still making some improvements here and there.I'm a massive Dark Crystal fan, so this line is a dream come true for me, so don't worry, we'll make sure that the Dark Crystal fans love them!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:58 am

80s-forever wrote:Reis, Im so happy that the license for The Dark Crystal worked out!! Thanks for not giving up!! I have an idea for a Dark Crystal Reaction exclusive, Kira with wings, thats if you havent thought of it already!

As a matter of fact, we have thought of that!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:59 am

TheLastDude wrote:

On a size note, (and if you can't discuss it, I understand) but what's the rough size going to be for the Gremlins? Are we looking at Sam from Trick R Treat sized or much smaller so they're in scale with human figures.

It's going to be a bit tough to swallow 10 bucks for a super tiny Gizmo unless he's packed in with a second figure or some awesome accessories.

With the little critters from Gremlins, we'll have to fudge the sizing a bit. If we made Gizmo his actual size in this scale, he'd be smaller than a dime. But they'll still feel small and come with a bunch of cool stuff to make the $10 worth it.

ImageImage

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm so excited by the recent announcement of Breaking Bad and Gremlins but mostly Dark Crystal. Seriously, I grew up on that movie. Will there be a Fizzgig to go with Kira by any chance? Can't wait to see how they look-especially if you end up making doing some of the more oddly shaped characters like the Mystics and Skeksis.
Crossing my fingers for some Labyrinth action too! (Pretty sure I'd cry from joy if I could ever get a Ludo action figure) Would love to see any other additional Jim Henson characters-in particular the not heavily merchandised enough non-Muppet characters.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:18 pm

I simply cannot wait for further reveals and, of course, pics at Toy Fair . Make no mistake when i say that ReAction was the biggest collecting highlight of mine for 2014. You guys nailed so much good stuff, and in doing so,brought back a long postponed desire to recollect vintage Kenner Star Wars along the way. That is a true testament to this line and the fine work you guys are doing. Ive still got some wishlist stuff i hope you get to eventually,but im definitely satisfied with what you have done. Classic Trek alone has got me excited for 2015.......Jaws,Gremlins,Dark Crystal and T2 are icing on the cake. So, i await the next round of announcements with some serious optimism

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:35 pm

ricflair4ever wrote:I simply cannot wait for further reveals and, of course, pics at Toy Fair . Make no mistake when i say that ReAction was the biggest collecting highlight of mine for 2014. You guys nailed so much good stuff, and in doing so,brought back a long postponed desire to recollect vintage Kenner Star Wars along the way. That is a true testament to this line and the fine work you guys are doing. Ive still got some wishlist stuff i hope you get to eventually,but im definitely satisfied with what you have done. Classic Trek alone has got me excited for 2015.......Jaws,Gremlins,Dark Crystal and T2 are icing on the cake. So, i await the next round of announcements with some serious optimism

Wow! Thanks for the kind words, man! This is what I love hearing.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:36 pm

MadLove wrote:I'm so excited by the recent announcement of Breaking Bad and Gremlins but mostly Dark Crystal. Seriously, I grew up on that movie. Will there be a Fizzgig to go with Kira by any chance? Can't wait to see how they look-especially if you end up making doing some of the more oddly shaped characters like the Mystics and Skeksis.
Crossing my fingers for some Labyrinth action too! (Pretty sure I'd cry from joy if I could ever get a Ludo action figure) Would love to see any other additional Jim Henson characters-in particular the not heavily merchandised enough non-Muppet characters.

The get ready for highly-articultaed Legacy figures from Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas! (Just kidding.)

ImageImage

darthJbay

Postby darthJbay » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:10 pm

I am new to this forum, just wanted to say how excited I am for the new 2015 ReAction lines! Was floored when I saw JAWS!!! T2, classic Trek and Gremlins are also too good to be true. With this news, I cannot wait for the next announcement.... fingers crossed during these next 12 of xmas there will be another bit of ReAction goodness! Maybe Aliens? Bond? One can wish!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 pm

This is a great thread Reis; love the interaction. Not a collector of this style of toys, but I try to have a little something of every Funko category. Firefly almost got me, but Dark Crystal has solidified a place on the shelf for the ReAction line. I never would have expected these :cheers:
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

nazgul

Postby nazgul » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the board, so please forgive me if my question has been covered before...

Why are all of the reaction figures labeled as an "adult collectable-not a toy"? I understand that the subject matter on some of the lines are definitely not for children, but some could be. I only ask because my son absolutely adores some of the lines and loves to play with them....should I be worried that maybe there is materials in the figures that are unsafe for children, or are there choking hazards concerning the accessories? Thanks for having and open forum like this and taking the time to answer our questions!

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:56 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
MadLove wrote:I'm so excited by the recent announcement of Breaking Bad and Gremlins but mostly Dark Crystal. Seriously, I grew up on that movie. Will there be a Fizzgig to go with Kira by any chance? Can't wait to see how they look-especially if you end up making doing some of the more oddly shaped characters like the Mystics and Skeksis.

The get ready for highly-articultaed Legacy figures from Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas! (Just kidding.)

Aw, got my hopes up and everything! :roflmao:
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:40 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

We have some new ideas on how to package a shark of his size. We're gonna need a bigger card back.

Nice! Glad to hear he's going to be larger.

ReisOBrien wrote:
TheLastDude wrote:

With the little critters from Gremlins, we'll have to fudge the sizing a bit. If we made Gizmo his actual size in this scale, he'd be smaller than a dime. But they'll still feel small and come with a bunch of cool stuff to make the $10 worth it.

Excellent! I figured you guys would have it nailed down. I can't wait to see pics!
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:43 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Cosmic_Cow wrote:Will The Dark Crystal Reactions be based off (or cast from) the never released Aviva line?

We're looking very closely at the original unreleased figures and packaging and are going to try and stay as true to that as possible, while still making some improvements here and there.I'm a massive Dark Crystal fan, so this line is a dream come true for me, so don't worry, we'll make sure that the Dark Crystal fans love them!

Awesome, thanks! This news totally makes my 2014 AND 2015. Can't wait to see what you guys whip up.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 am

darthJbay wrote:I am new to this forum, just wanted to say how excited I am for the new 2015 ReAction lines! Was floored when I saw JAWS!!! T2, classic Trek and Gremlins are also too good to be true. With this news, I cannot wait for the next announcement.... fingers crossed during these next 12 of xmas there will be another bit of ReAction goodness! Maybe Aliens? Bond? One can wish!

Glad you're excited! And welcome to the board!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 am

Scotty wrote:This is a great thread Reis; love the interaction. Not a collector of this style of toys, but I try to have a little something of every Funko category. Firefly almost got me, but Dark Crystal has solidified a place on the shelf for the ReAction line. I never would have expected these :cheers:

Thanks, man! Yeah, Dark Crystal almost didn't happen, but we have some major fans of the movie here at HQ so we kept fighting for it!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:00 pm

nazgul wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the board, so please forgive me if my question has been covered before...

Why are all of the reaction figures labeled as an "adult collectable-not a toy"? I understand that the subject matter on some of the lines are definitely not for children, but some could be. I only ask because my son absolutely adores some of the lines and loves to play with them....should I be worried that maybe there is materials in the figures that are unsafe for children, or are there choking hazards concerning the accessories? Thanks for having and open forum like this and taking the time to answer our questions!

Some of it is subject matter, or the ratings of the movies, but most of it boils down to either the contracts we have with the license or standards we have to meet for proper distribution. However, with any toy of this type and size, no matter what company it comes from, you should be cognizant of the small parts choking hazard, especially with the accessories. The materials (paint and plastic) should be perfectly safe.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 pm

I know it's been asked before, but I still see people on other message boards I frequent asking the same question about human characters likenesses. I haven't really had a problem with "soft" likeness sculpts on any of the lines yet. I can see Schwartzeneger's facial features in the Terminator sculpt, especially the one with sunglasses! Will the Star Trek figures, who's faces have been out there for 50 years now go for more than just a passing resemblance? I am finding that might be a deal breaker for some if these lean to softer likeness sculpts. I'm also hoping that Mulder and Scully from the X-Files will bear striking resemblance to the actors.

I also have a question about some of these figures coming apart at the torso seam, is there anything that can be done at the factory level that could prohibit this? I love all the effort you guys are putting into this line, Reis. I don't want to come off as a complainer. Lol

Return to “Action Figures”