Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
emgamera

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby emgamera » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:Keep in mind that I was asked which zombie movie would I like to do. That doesn't mean we're doing Return of the Living Dead. Just don't want you to get your hopes up.

No worries. I knew what you meant. Just the fact that it's on your radar is phenomenal news.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:39 pm

JFAWWE wrote:Hi Reis,

Hope you had a great holiday! I'm starting to see pre-orders for the new T2 Reaction figs but don't see the Arnold figure that was shown at Toy Fair. Is he still being released?

Looking forward to some army builders! Need my Cylons, Soldier Apes and Oompa Loompas - I can dream right?

Think you could squeeze Elvira in the next Horror Series wave?

Thanks Again!

Yes, Arnold is totally being released! Not sure why he's not showing up in the pre-orders.

I'm trying to push for more lines with army building potential!

Oh, good grief... If I could design an Elvira ReAction figure, I could die a happy man.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 pm

willbfree wrote:Sorry to ask this here but no reply came on the FB page: Will Barnes & Noble be carrying the Firefly Legacy figures in its stores, or should we plan on ordering elsewhere?

I can't say for sure, but I assume so.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Sam83 wrote:Hi Reis,

I am not sure if it's been mentioned yet or if you can answer this but will Goonies be getting a Series 2?

Sam

Sadly, it doesn't look good for Goonies.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:42 pm

emgamera wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:Keep in mind that I was asked which zombie movie would I like to do. That doesn't mean we're doing Return of the Living Dead. Just don't want you to get your hopes up.

No worries. I knew what you meant. Just the fact that it's on your radar is phenomenal news.

Oh, you'd be surprised at what's on my radar!

ImageImage

JFAWWE

Postby JFAWWE » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:23 pm

Any early indication on how the Star Trek figures are doing? I've bought 5 of each so far - want this line to last a long time :)

Glad you also like Elvira! I'll keep my fingers crossed that we see her ReActionated one day!

JFAWWE

Postby JFAWWE » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Few more questions -

Is there any way we could vote for characters to be done in Reaction form?

Will we ever get a Freddy Funko figure?

Any chance of Fantasy Island figures? How cool would it be to have Mr. Rourke and Tattoo!

Have you ever just designed some characters for fun to see what they would look like as ReAction figures?

Is there any chance we could see some concept artwork for the current figures? I find the whole process fascinating.

Thanks Again!

Artistix

Postby Artistix » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:18 am

ReisOBrien wrote:

I am not sure if it's been mentioned yet or if you can answer this but will Goonies be getting a Series 2?

Sam

That's unfortunate.

Have any of the ReAction figures sold well? I'd hate to see them disappear!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:54 am

JFAWWE wrote:Any early indication on how the Star Trek figures are doing? I've bought 5 of each so far - want this line to last a long time :)

Glad you also like Elvira! I'll keep my fingers crossed that we see her ReActionated one day!

Star Trek is selling very well! Series 2 should be hitting soon and I'm pretty sure that we'll be planning the second wave soon-ish.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:56 am

JFAWWE wrote:Few more questions -

Is there any way we could vote for characters to be done in Reaction form?

Will we ever get a Freddy Funko figure?

Any chance of Fantasy Island figures? How cool would it be to have Mr. Rourke and Tattoo!

Have you ever just designed some characters for fun to see what they would look like as ReAction figures?

Is there any chance we could see some concept artwork for the current figures? I find the whole process fascinating.

Thanks Again!

That's a good idea! I'll run it past the marketing team.

Haha! That was brought up in a meeting once. Not sure that will happen, though.

I have. It's a sickness.

I occasionally post concept art on my Instagram account. (@reisobrien) Maybe we're due for some more.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:58 am

Artistix wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Sam

That's unfortunate.

Have any of the ReAction figures sold well? I'd hate to see them disappear!

Yes, many have sold very well! Some have a second series already in the works.

ImageImage

jpaskoff

Postby jpaskoff » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Kind of a personal question, but since you started working on ReAction, have you been designing less for other lines? Also, about how long does it take you to design a figure?
My name is Jared!

I'm looking for the color protos for First Appearance Nightwing, TAS Robin, Robin as Batman, and Carrie Kelley

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:08 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
JFAWWE wrote:Any early indication on how the Star Trek figures are doing? I've bought 5 of each so far - want this line to last a long time :)

Star Trek is selling very well! Series 2 should be hitting soon and I'm pretty sure that we'll be planning the second wave soon-ish.

Hi Reis. Is the second wave you are referring to the Star Trek: TNG waves or are you refering to more characters from The Original Series in addition to what ya'll are working on for TNG. I hope that all the various Star Trek series get a chance at waves. I've already bought doubles of Series 1 and plan to buy many more.

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:02 am

So for a while we were seeing 3 different Arrow figures, now it's just one showing up, him without the mask. Are we going to get the other ones or not?
If I can't scuba, then what's this all about? What am I working towards?

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 am

Hey Reis, this is kind of a general question, but involves reaction.
What is the process of making a line of Pops, reactions, etc?
Does someone at Funko say, "Hey we should make Star Trek Reaction", or something else, then what? Or do they call you, and ask if Funko could make these?
Just been wondering about this

Still hoping for Psycho/Bates Motel products from you guys! :D :D
Last edited by Funko Pop! Fan16 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

JFAWWE

Postby JFAWWE » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:58 am

Is the Horror Series 2 completely decided yet? Do you think the Killbots from Chopping Mall would be good for this series?

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi Reis,

Do you have any British TV or movie properties you personally would like to see made in the Reactions line (I think you said Python at one point?) or that you think might do well? I'm not taking this as an indication they would actually be made or licenses available?

Doctor Who aside, that one seems too obvious. :-)
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

JFAWWE

Postby JFAWWE » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:08 am

I was searching Google Images for Reaction figures (I love to see people's collections) and found this petition for V figures -
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/v-re ... igure-line

Reis were you aware of this?

Would these types of Petitions help get characters made?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:19 pm

jpaskoff wrote:Kind of a personal question, but since you started working on ReAction, have you been designing less for other lines? Also, about how long does it take you to design a figure?

Haha! No, I still work on the same amount of Pops and Mystery Minis, among other projects. I just had to up my coffee intake. ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:20 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Hi Reis. Is the second wave you are referring to the Star Trek: TNG waves or are you refering to more characters from The Original Series in addition to what ya'll are working on for TNG. I hope that all the various Star Trek series get a chance at waves. I've already bought doubles of Series 1 and plan to buy many more.

I was referring to Star Trek: TOS. But don't worry, TNG is still in the works.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:21 pm

TheDorkKnight wrote:So for a while we were seeing 3 different Arrow figures, now it's just one showing up, him without the mask. Are we going to get the other ones or not?

You'll get them all. I think one is a chase and the other is an exclusive. But I'm not sure for whom.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Funko Pop! Fan16 wrote:Hey Reis, this is kind of a general question, but involves reaction.
What is the process of making a line of Pops, reactions, etc?
Does someone at Funko say, "Hey we should make Star Trek Reaction", or something else, then what? Or do they call you, and ask if Funko could make these?
Just been wondering about this

Still hoping for Psycho/Bates Motel products from you guys! :D :D

It's all different. Some licenses we choose ourselves, some come to us, some are requested often enough by collectors to look into them. There's no hard science to it.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:25 pm

JFAWWE wrote:Is the Horror Series 2 completely decided yet? Do you think the Killbots from Chopping Mall would be good for this series?

It's pretty much decided at this point. And we are going for bigger name/more well known characters. The Killbots are just too obscure.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Darkbill wrote:Hi Reis,

Do you have any British TV or movie properties you personally would like to see made in the Reactions line (I think you said Python at one point?) or that you think might do well? I'm not taking this as an indication they would actually be made or licenses available?

Doctor Who aside, that one seems too obvious. :-)

It's difficult to sell British TV products here in the States. Except for a few biggies, of course (Dr. Who, Python, etc.). But if were just day dreaming? I'd love to work on a series of figures based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld books.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 pm

JFAWWE wrote:I was searching Google Images for Reaction figures (I love to see people's collections) and found this petition for V figures -
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/v-re ... igure-line

Reis were you aware of this?

Would these types of Petitions help get characters made?

Yes, I heard about this. And as much as I appreciate the interest and enthusiasm, there are a few of important factors to consider. In this case, we already have the V license and it has been on our long list for ReAction for months now, so the petition isn't really necessary. Also, This particular petition has a goal of 1,000. We need to produce and sell a minimum of 10,000 pieces to make it worth the cost. So even if they reached 1,000, that would still fall 9,000 short. And most importantly, there are a ton of other factors in getting a product made besides fan interest. What if it was an impossible license to get? Then a petition like this could just set people up for disappointment that's out of our control, but I can guarantee that we'd catch the heat for it. "We reached our goal and Funko still won't make it! Jerks!" ;)

In short, I love seeing this enthusiasm. But I'd hate for this sort of thing to get peoples' hopes up.

ImageImage

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:36 pm

You already have the license to V?!? The original 1980s series featuring lizard aliens, not the V for Vendetta movie, right? Because I would buy 1980s V figures in a heartbeat, and I never saw that petition! I want V! And I would buy multiples of each :)

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 am

VulcansFury wrote:You already have the license to V?!? The original 1980s series featuring lizard aliens, not the V for Vendetta movie, right? Because I would buy 1980s V figures in a heartbeat, and I never saw that petition! I want V! And I would buy multiples of each :)

Yep!

ImageImage

LandoInDisguise

Postby LandoInDisguise » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Reis, So far a couple of licenses that are often mentioned on ReAction wishlist have been ruled out as "never gonna happen", due to licensing issues. Ghostbusters, Blade Runner, Conan the Barbarian. Are there any other much requested licenses you can add to this list?

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Hey Reis! New to the boards here and recently just started following you on Instagram. Love the pictures!
I had a few questions for you...

1) For the horror reaction series line, how do you determine if a property should be a part of the horror line and not have an entire line dedicated to them? For instance, I thought Hellraiser would make a fantastic series on its own. Just like Alien is.

2) I know you said Chopping Mall would be too obscure, but would Italian flicks from directors such as Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento be too obscure too for reaction figures? I know another company made a few Wobbly head figures from some Fulci films a few years ago.

3) Do you know if Reaction figures based on stephen King movies are a possibility? I remember hearing years ago McFarlane and NECA weren't able to license any of the movies' characters for figures. I'm thinking Jack from The Shining, Carrie, and Pennywise.

4) have you ever thought of doing a series of reaction figures just based on famous zombies? Ie. Flyboy from Dawn, Tarman from Return of the living dead, Bub from Day of the Dead, Michael Jackson zombie from Thriller, etc.

5) how many characters will there be in series two of the horror reaction figures line?

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Hello All,
I joined this site on the suggestion of my teenage daughter. I'm a huge Star Wars collector and my children have gotten used to action figures being 3 3/4 inch. They love all action figures in 3 3/4 inch scale and FUNKO seems to appeased them. As a father seeing my children happy makes me happy. My daughter loves the Alien set figures and we came together for a long WishList, also we have questions:

1. Did Zorro with Antonio Banderas came under your radar for ReAction figures? (For example like the Rocketeer)

2. My daughter and I are happy that you will do the Dark Crystal figures, but is there any added figures from the original anticipated line-up that was never made?

3. Also if you do the V series action figures would it include the small star ships or will you stick with only characters from the series?

4. Can Aladdin or Sinbad be made into indivual action figures instead of having a series that will include them?

5. Does Labryrinth characters have any chance of becoming a ReAction figure?

6. Same question for LOTR, is any characters from the 2000-2002 movies can be made into ReAction figure?

I am new to this so please be patient with me. Also my daughter and I want to add THANK YOU MR. REIS OBRIEN FOR TAKING TIME TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. We will buy all of ReAction series 1 of any line before we buy series 2 to show our support.
Last edited by DARTHMARCO on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JFAWWE

Postby JFAWWE » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi Reis,

Thanks for all the responses. It really helps us understand why certain characters can and can't be done.

Any update on getting more Big Trouble in Little China figures? Really want Wang, Egg Shen, both hatchet men and the sewer monster.

Thanks Agan!

Darkbill

Postby Darkbill » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:04 pm

LandoInDisguise wrote:Hi Reis, So far a couple of licenses that are often mentioned on ReAction wishlist have been ruled out as "never gonna happen", due to licensing issues. Ghostbusters, Blade Runner, Conan the Barbarian. Are there any other much requested licenses you can add to this list?

Blade Runner's never gonna happen? Man, that's a bummer.
"I have worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:13 pm

LandoInDisguise wrote:Hi Reis, So far a couple of licenses that are often mentioned on ReAction wishlist have been ruled out as "never gonna happen", due to licensing issues. Ghostbusters, Blade Runner, Conan the Barbarian. Are there any other much requested licenses you can add to this list?

Ummm... Not that I can think of. Also, Conan isn't exactly "never gonna happen", but it doesn't look good. I'll keep trying, though. ;)

The only ones that are truly impossible at this point are licenses that are currently under contract with other companies. No Walking Dead, Star Wars, Marvel heroes, etc.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:22 pm

skinny_puppy123 wrote:Hey Reis! New to the boards here and recently just started following you on Instagram. Love the pictures!

1) For the horror reaction series line, how do you determine if a property should be a part of the horror line and not have an entire line dedicated to them? For instance, I thought Hellraiser would make a fantastic series on its own. Just like Alien is.

2) I know you said Chopping Mall would be too obscure, but would Italian flicks from directors such as Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento be too obscure too for reaction figures? I know another company made a few Wobbly head figures from some Fulci films a few years ago.

3) Do you know if Reaction figures based on stephen King movies are a possibility? I remember hearing years ago McFarlane and NECA weren't able to license any of the movies' characters for figures. I'm thinking Jack from The Shining, Carrie, and Pennywise.

4) have you ever thought of doing a series of reaction figures just based on famous zombies? Ie. Flyboy from Dawn, Tarman from Return of the living dead, Bub from Day of the Dead, Michael Jackson zombie from Thriller, etc.

5) how many characters will there be in series two of the horror reaction figures line?

1. A lot of the time, especially with horror movies, there's usually only one cool looking character (the main psycho/killer). Sure, Hellraiser could have a few other figures, but we wanted the horror line to be more of a "best of" series. So we picked the heavy hitters and grouped them in one series.

2. Yeah, those are too obscure. Those are just too culty. Think more mainstream. A lot of people think that if something has a lot of fans, then that's all it takes. But what we need are fans that buy collectibles. And not only that, but fans that will buy a collectible that's done in this quirky retro way. A lot of people say, "But, I'll buy one!" That's great. Now find 9,999 other people who would, too. ;)

3. Apparently, Steven King licenses are in limbo at the moment, but we're looking into it. It's sort of putting a monkeywrench in my dreams of a Creepshow line.

4. We don't have any of those licenses and any Michael Jackson merch is off the table.

5. Not sure at the moment. We're looking into which characters we can get or already have that will fit in the line. And we may end up just "adding on" a few here and there, as we get each license, as opposed to releasing another big wave.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:26 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Hello All,
I joined this site on the suggestion of my teenage daughter. I'm a huge Star Wars collector and my children have gotten used to action figures being 3 3/4 inch. They love all action figures in 3 3/4 inch scale and FUNKO seems to appeased them. As a father seeing my children happy makes me happy. My daughter loves the Alien set figures and we came together for a long WishList, also we have questions:

1. Did Zorro with Antonio Banderas came under your radar for ReAction figures? (For example like the Rocketeer)

2. My daughter and I are happy that you will do the Dark Crystal figures, but is there any added figures from the original anticipated line-up that was never made?

3. Also if you do the V series action figures would it include the small star ships or will you stick with only characters from the series?

4. Can Aladdin or Sinbad be made into indivual action figures instead of having a series that will include them?

6. Same question for LOTR, is any characters from the 2000-2002 movies can be made into ReAction figure?

I am new to this so please be patient with me. Also my daughter and I want to add THANK YOU MR. REIS OBRIEN FOR TAKING TIME TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS. We will buy all of ReAction series 1 of any line before we buy series 2 to show our support.

1. I don't think that one has maintained the cultural longevity needed to support a figure line. Although I love that movie!

2. Mmmmmmmmmmaybe. ;)

3. Our plans for V are still very up in the air at the moment. We have many more lines to work on first.

4. Not sure. I don't think we have the license for that at the moment. But I agree that they'd be perfect for ReAction!

5. Sorry, no LOTR.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:27 pm

JFAWWE wrote:Hi Reis,

Thanks for all the responses. It really helps us understand why certain characters can and can't be done.

Any update on getting more Big Trouble in Little China figures? Really want Wang, Egg Shen, both hatchet men and the sewer monster.

Thanks Agan!

No updates yet. But I hear that they're selling very well, so I'm hopeful for a series 2.

ImageImage

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:31 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
skinny_puppy123 wrote:Hey Reis! New to the boards here and recently just started following you on Instagram. Love the pictures!

1. A lot of the time, especially with horror movies, there's usually only one cool looking character (the main psycho/killer). Sure, Hellraiser could have a few other figures, but we wanted the horror line to be more of a "best of" series. So we picked the heavy hitters and grouped them in one series.

2. Yeah, those are too obscure. Those are just too culty. Think more mainstream. A lot of people think that if something has a lot of fans, then that's all it takes. But what we need are fans that buy collectibles. And not only that, but fans that will buy a collectible that's done in this quirky retro way. A lot of people say, "But, I'll buy one!" That's great. Now find 9,999 other people who would, too. ;)

3. Apparently, Steven King licenses are in limbo at the moment, but we're looking into it. It's sort of putting a monkeywrench in my dreams of a Creepshow line.

4. We don't have any of those licenses and any Michael Jackson merch is off the table.

5. Not sure at the moment. We're looking into which characters we can get or already have that will fit in the line. And we may end up just "adding on" a few here and there, as we get each license, as opposed to releasing another big wave.

Thanks so much for the answers Reis!

Now that I know the Italian movies are off limits and Stephen King licenses are in limbo, I guess I will have to stick to these classics. Or are these too obscure too for the horror series?

An American Werewolf in London
The Fly
Critters
The Thing
They Live
Darkman
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Army of Darkness
Child's Play
The Exorcist
Fright Night
Little Shop of Horrors ('86)
The Lost Boys - maybe this could have its own line?
Motel Hell
Phantasm
Pumpkinhead
Psycho
Re-Animator
Videodrome

Thanks again Reis! Can't wait for the Jaws and Gremlins lines to come out!
Now I'll stop bothering you about horror stuff. ;-)

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:18 pm

I think Reis said that they have THE THING license..I might be wrong.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:35 am

ReisOBrien wrote:

1. I don't think that one has maintained the cultural longevity needed to support a figure line. Although I love that movie!

2. Mmmmmmmmmmaybe. ;)

3. Our plans for V are still very up in the air at the moment. We have many more lines to work on first.

4. Not sure. I don't think we have the license for that at the moment. But I agree that they'd be perfect for ReAction!

5. Sorry, no LOTR.

Your answer to number 5 includes the movie the Labyrinth as well?

Thank you for your answers to the other questions.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

2. Mmmmmmmmmmaybe. ;)

5. Sorry, no LOTR.

Your answer to number 5 includes the movie the Labyrinth as well?

Thank you for your answers to the other questions.

Oh, sorry. I'm not sure if we have the Labyrinth license or not. It's not on the ReAction long list, anyway.

ImageImage

Return to “Action Figures”