Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
DARTHMARCO

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue May 12, 2015 12:17 am

Hello Reis,
Have you looked into making ReAction figures for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?

After looking at the figues from Big Trouble in Little China, which reminded me of the anime Ninja Scrolls, will Funko maybe look into making ReAction figures of characters from Ninja Scrolls?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

TheBalzan wrote:Do you know if the structural changes to Legacy will affect the previously announced lines releases?

No, they shouldn't. Also, let's not turn this thread into a Legacy thread. We just don't have much to report at the time. I'll see what news I can gather and post it in the latest Legacy thread.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:Hello Reis,
Have you looked into making ReAction figures for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?

After looking at the figues from Big Trouble in Little China, which reminded me of the anime Ninja Scrolls, will Funko maybe look into making ReAction figures of characters from Ninja Scrolls?

No plans for either of those. Honestly, a lot of these suggestions are just a little too obscure or niche to support an entire toy line.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue May 12, 2015 3:18 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

No plans for either of those. Honestly, a lot of these suggestions are just a little too obscure or niche to support an entire toy line.

Mr.Reis,
Sorry for these questions, just wanted to know the direction of ReAction, excluding Dark Crystal, from any action/fantasy movies.

Two questions on sci-fi movies:
Will we see a line of ReAction on the movie The Thing? What about the movie Enemy Mine in a ReAction line?

Thank you for your answers.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Mr.Reis,
Sorry for these questions, just wanted to know the direction of ReAction, excluding Dark Crystal, from any action/fantasy movies.

Two questions on sci-fi movies:
Will we see a line of ReAction on the movie The Thing? What about the movie Enemy Mine in a ReAction line?

Thank you for your answers.

The Thing is on the long list, but no plans for Enemy Mine.

ImageImage

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Wed May 13, 2015 3:03 am

Any plans for Blade Runner or They Live?

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Wed May 13, 2015 3:06 am

Probably not a big enough fan base but Lexx would be cool!

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Wed May 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Kungfutoys wrote:Any plans for Blade Runner or They Live?

He said a few pages back that the Blade Runner rights aren't available. Which is a shame! I'd thought the mess of ownership claims was all straightened out when The Final Cut of Blade Runner was produced a few years ago. Guess not. Maybe when the sequel comes out they'll fix it.

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Wed May 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi Reis,

With SDCC coming up soon, do you know when you guys are going to start announcing the exclusives you have planned?

If my calculations are correct we had 8 exclusive ReAction figures (minus the Super7 Alien mystery egg figures) Is that about how many we will see this year?

We also haven't heard much about some of the lines announced during the 12 days of Christmas. Are any of these going to be shown soon? or maybe just some of the characters that will be included?

Aliens (including the Queen)
A-Team
Big Lebowski
Dark Crystal
ET
Star Trek - The Next Generation
Rocky Horror Picture Show
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed May 13, 2015 3:28 pm

the_Archivist wrote:Hi Reis,

With SDCC coming up soon, do you know when you guys are going to start announcing the exclusives you have planned?

If my calculations are correct we had 8 exclusive ReAction figures (minus the Super7 Alien mystery egg figures) Is that about how many we will see this year?

We also haven't heard much about some of the lines announced during the 12 days of Christmas. Are any of these going to be shown soon? or maybe just some of the characters that will be included?

Aliens (including the Queen)
A-Team
Big Lebowski
Dark Crystal
ET
Star Trek - The Next Generation
Rocky Horror Picture Show

We only have a few ReAction exclusives this year. I don't think I can say what they are yet. Not sure when the official announcements happen. Super7 will have a few of their own.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what they are revealing around SDCC, as far as news or images are concerned. We have a shiny new marketing team that will be handling all of that now. :)

ImageImage

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Thanks for the response.

For the lines that were announced during the 12 days of Christmas, are they all still green lit for 2015 or have you ran into any complications with them?

As always, thank you for taking the time to answer all our questions.
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed May 13, 2015 4:13 pm

the_Archivist wrote:Thanks for the response.

For the lines that were announced during the 12 days of Christmas, are they all still green lit for 2015 or have you ran into any complications with them?

Schedules may have shifted a bit, but we're doing our best to stay on target.

ImageImage

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Wed May 13, 2015 4:32 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
the_Archivist wrote:Thanks for the response.

Schedules may have shifted a bit, but we're doing our best to stay on target.

Reading that last bit "stay on target" always reminds me of this. Vader = 1 Rebels=0 (at that point) :)
[youtube]NnP5iDKwuwk[/youtube]

Keep up the great work Reis I look forward to formally introducing myself this year at Fundays. I think last year I was possibly geeking too hard to realize you were handing me a box of fun instead of saying Hi and shaking your hand.
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Sat May 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Since you guys are doing ReAction figures for Arrow and Flash, any chance we get a ReAction line for another awesome CW Show, The 100? The show has a wide range of characters and with the look of the Grounders, there would be some strong aesthetic pop to the line. Lincoln in full Grounder getup, Octavia in her "Second" attire, Clarke in her Blood Must Have Blood battle attire, Raven in spacesuit, just so many cool concepts from what I consider to be the best sci-fi show of the last decade, give or take 12 Monkeys. Seems like the perfect fit for ReAction imo.

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Sun May 17, 2015 1:08 pm

First off, thank you, thank you, thank you for The Fifth Element figures. I've been wanting them since it came out and it only got worse that time when N2 Toys (I think that was the company) teased us with them.

A couple questions.

Are decisions on stuff like Dune, Clash of the Titans, etc. final? Or could they be reconsidered down the road? I own the original Dune figures and tbh they're not that amazing and missed a lot of the main characters. Most classic properties that had toy lines fall into this category.

Also any chance of Die Hard or From Dusk Til Dawn figures?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon May 18, 2015 12:21 pm

punksnotdead wrote:Since you guys are doing ReAction figures for Arrow and Flash, any chance we get a ReAction line for another awesome CW Show, The 100? The show has a wide range of characters and with the look of the Grounders, there would be some strong aesthetic pop to the line. Lincoln in full Grounder getup, Octavia in her "Second" attire, Clarke in her Blood Must Have Blood battle attire, Raven in spacesuit, just so many cool concepts from what I consider to be the best sci-fi show of the last decade, give or take 12 Monkeys. Seems like the perfect fit for ReAction imo.

Sorry, no plans for The 100.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon May 18, 2015 12:23 pm

Jackknight wrote:First off, thank you, thank you, thank you for The Fifth Element figures. I've been wanting them since it came out and it only got worse that time when N2 Toys (I think that was the company) teased us with them.

A couple questions.

Are decisions on stuff like Dune, Clash of the Titans, etc. final? Or could they be reconsidered down the road? I own the original Dune figures and tbh they're not that amazing and missed a lot of the main characters. Most classic properties that had toy lines fall into this category.

Also any chance of Die Hard or From Dusk Til Dawn figures?

Anything is possible. All I know is that we have no plans at this time for those licenses.

ImageImage

The 998th LC

Postby The 998th LC » Mon May 18, 2015 12:37 pm

I think you guys have the license from all three movies correct? So Is getting the likeness rights for one person alot easier than getting the cast from all these movies? He would make a pretty badass exclusive, especially if funko made a few "bloody" variants!
Hello, my name is Jon Snow.

ISO: 1/8 Officer Cartman Wobbler & 1/4 Tuxedo Cartman Wobbler

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm

The 998th LC wrote:24859

I think you guys have the license from all three movies correct? So Is getting the likeness rights for one person alot easier than getting the cast from all these movies? He would make a pretty badass exclusive, especially if funko made a few "bloody" variants!

=D> seconded!
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Mon May 18, 2015 12:57 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
punksnotdead wrote:Since you guys are doing ReAction figures for Arrow and Flash, any chance we get a ReAction line for another awesome CW Show, The 100? The show has a wide range of characters and with the look of the Grounders, there would be some strong aesthetic pop to the line. Lincoln in full Grounder getup, Octavia in her "Second" attire, Clarke in her Blood Must Have Blood battle attire, Raven in spacesuit, just so many cool concepts from what I consider to be the best sci-fi show of the last decade, give or take 12 Monkeys. Seems like the perfect fit for ReAction imo.

Sorry, no plans for The 100.

Damn. Thanks anyway for the response!

Daniel Larusso

Postby Daniel Larusso » Tue May 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi Reis, this forum is awesome! Great job on the Karate Kid figures and Big Trouble in Little China, they are my favorite lines by far and hope we get a series 2 and beyond for both lines!

With that said is there any way we could also get The Greatest American Hero, Fantasy Island, Quantum Leap, and the Dukes of Hazzard? Those lines would be incredible!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed May 20, 2015 12:03 pm

The 998th LC wrote:24859

How easy or difficult it is to obtain likeness rights for an actor varies greatly from one actor to another. Sometimes we can get the rights for the figure and their image on the card, sometimes just the figure, other times we can't get either.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed May 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Daniel Larusso wrote:Hi Reis, this forum is awesome! Great job on the Karate Kid figures and Big Trouble in Little China, they are my favorite lines by far and hope we get a series 2 and beyond for both lines!

With that said is there any way we could also get The Greatest American Hero, Fantasy Island, Quantum Leap, and the Dukes of Hazzard? Those lines would be incredible!

We don't have any solid plans for any of those at the moment, but I agree they'd be fun! I'd love to take another swing at Dukes of Hazzard! Unfortunately, if we made the General Lee, we'd have to take the flag off the top of the car, according to the licensors. Oh well, times change.

ImageImage

redmao

Postby redmao » Wed May 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Would James Bond be a possibility with all the possible characters or are the rights just a big nightmare which might explain why we never got a proper action figure line?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed May 20, 2015 4:03 pm

redmao wrote:Would James Bond be a possibility with all the possible characters or are the rights just a big nightmare which might explain why we never got a proper action figure line?

James Bond is a huge favorite for the boss man, and he's been trying relentlessly to get the James Bond license. Nothing yet, but we hope to change that soon.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Hey Reis, with a new National Lampoon's: Vacation on the way, would that help the chances of us getting the Griswalds in the Reaction Line? That movie is an anthem to all the dysfunctional family trips I had as a kid, and I'm sure I'm not alone! Lol The station wagon is just as much a character as Clark, Ellen, the Kids, Aunt Edna and Cousin Eddie.

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:39 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Hey Reis, with a new National Lampoon's: Vacation on the way, would that help the chances of us getting the Griswalds in the Reaction Line? That movie is an anthem to all the dysfunctional family trips I had as a kid, and I'm sure I'm not alone! Lol The station wagon is just as much a character as Clark, Ellen, the Kids, Aunt Edna and Cousin Eddie.

Agreed!!! I want Reis, with a Pop Ride of the Wagon and Clark and Ellen :D
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri May 22, 2015 12:54 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Hey Reis, with a new National Lampoon's: Vacation on the way, would that help the chances of us getting the Griswalds in the Reaction Line? That movie is an anthem to all the dysfunctional family trips I had as a kid, and I'm sure I'm not alone! Lol The station wagon is just as much a character as Clark, Ellen, the Kids, Aunt Edna and Cousin Eddie.

It's a possibility!

ImageImage

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:32 pm

If by any chance news of a series 2 of Buffy was announced, when would it be?
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri May 22, 2015 1:36 pm

tlc38tlc38 wrote:If by any chance news of a series 2 of Buffy was announced, when would it be?

Sorry, but it doesn't look like we'll be doing a series 2 for Buffy. :(

ImageImage

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:45 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
tlc38tlc38 wrote:If by any chance news of a series 2 of Buffy was announced, when would it be?

Sorry, but it doesn't look like we'll be doing a series 2 for Buffy. :(

Crap! I must have a Giles & Xander! This is horrible depressing news.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Daniel Larusso

Postby Daniel Larusso » Fri May 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi Reis, do you guys have the license for Krofft's Land of the Lost? Would love to have Marshall, Will, and Holly and some Sleestacks!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Reis, Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the Gremlin line, can't wait to get more Gizmos :) Will there be an SDCC exclusive one?
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue May 26, 2015 5:49 am

dolphinax2 wrote:Reis, Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the Gremlin line, can't wait to get more Gizmos :) Will there be an SDCC exclusive one?

ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Makarov

Postby Makarov » Tue May 26, 2015 3:54 pm

The Jaws and Gremlins lines looks awesome! After seeing there are Tomorrowland ReActions, is there any possibilities for other new releases such as Terminator Genisys or maybe Mad Max? Can't wait for the T2 figures.

Tennyson

Postby Tennyson » Tue May 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi Reis,

Has there been any news on what to expect from SDCC this year in terms of the Reaction line? If not, will it be soon?

I do know there is a Breaking Bad Dead Gus figure limited to 500 pcs for SDCC. However, I was able to obtain the figure online early. What happened with that?

I am loving the line and can't wait to see what's next!

Jack_Nimball

Postby Jack_Nimball » Thu May 28, 2015 11:39 am

You may not be able to comment on this, but this article mentions Funko making DD collectibles

http://www.licensemag.com/license-globa ... -daredevil

Is there a chance that includes ReAction or even Legacy, or just Pops! And the like?

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri May 29, 2015 5:54 am

That would be interesting to see Marvel properties in Reaction form. Especially as a throwback to Secret Wars figures from the 80's
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Daniel Larusso wrote:Hi Reis, do you guys have the license for Krofft's Land of the Lost? Would love to have Marshall, Will, and Holly and some Sleestacks!

Sorry, we no longer have the license for any Krofft productions.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri May 29, 2015 3:08 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:Reis, Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the Gremlin line, can't wait to get more Gizmos :) Will there be an SDCC exclusive one?

We had originally planned for Christmas Gizmo to be an SDCC exclusive, but I think it got bumped to regular release.

ImageImage

Return to “Action Figures”