FIREFLY LEGACY ANNOUNCED!!!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Blanka

FIREFLY LEGACY ANNOUNCED!!!

Postby Blanka » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:39 pm

YES!!!!

Just announced by Brian!

kevintree
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Re: FIREFLY LEGACY ANNOUNCED!!!

Postby kevintree » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm

kevin/tree
instagram.com/funkotree

nickclark89

Postby nickclark89 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:27 pm

OMG!!! This is awesome!!! My wallet is scared right now lol I want all the characters!!! :cheers:
English is not my maternal language, please correct me if I'm wrong in something to improve in the idiom.

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:40 pm

...nevermind

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm telling you, this is a dream line for me. I can NOT wait for these, or GoT, or X-Files! Can't wait to see the X-Files Legacy figures!

nickclark89

Postby nickclark89 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Blanka wrote:I'm telling you, this is a dream line for me. I can NOT wait for these, or GoT, or X-Files! Can't wait to see the X-Files Legacy figures!

Yes, at the moment these three franchises get me beyond excitement. If ever Xena/Hercules happen I would die! lol
English is not my maternal language, please correct me if I'm wrong in something to improve in the idiom.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Interesting. I'll have to take a "wait and see" approach with these.

I was kind of hoping that Buffy would be announced for the Legacy line and I would finally be able to add Charles Gunn and a decent Winifred (Fred) Burkle to my collection.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:44 am

I hope Jubal Early is in the first series. They need a bad guy of some sort and he seems like the most toyetic candidate, with the red spacesuit, air tanks and a removable helmet. (Although I suppose they could do a Reaver.)

Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

Tash51

Postby Tash51 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:30 am

Everything firefly! :)
Hi! I'm Tash from Australia!

I love everything Firefly and can't wait for all the lines being released by Funko :)

Funklub Membership #2069

Looking for: Firefly Pop Protos

TheBalzan

Postby TheBalzan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Does anyone know if this line will be at Toy Fair, I've only seen GoT 2 and the Magic line.

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Nothing has been shown yet. In theory they could be waiting to do a reveal later in the week. I'd be a bit surprised if we didn't see something, since they have the Game of Thrones Series 2 protos, which are also due next fall.

TheBalzan

Postby TheBalzan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:11 pm

I hope they have at least Mal, Zoe and Jayne in the first wave, with a purple starship trooper for someone to be posed against.

F0RSAK3N

Postby F0RSAK3N » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:31 pm

All I have to say is "Wow!"

I'm all in.

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:Nothing has been shown yet. In theory they could be waiting to do a reveal later in the week. I'd be a bit surprised if we didn't see something, since they have the Game of Thrones Series 2 protos, which are also due next fall.

They generally don't do that at Toy Fair. More likely saving them for Comic Con.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 am

I'm hoping for River right out of the gate for Legacy. I'm not expecting her though because the POP! lineup was exactly the same as the ReAction lineup. Not sure if that has to do with the likeness deals or if Funko just wants to keep her tucked away to anchor the second series.

I'm expecting the 5 we have seen as wave 1 of Legacy and then the following as wave 2:

Inara Serra
River Tam
Simon Tam
Shepard Book
Reaver

I would really like a Saffron figure and a Badger, at least in the ReAction line. So I'm hoping at wave 3 we can get a variant Mal and River, and then some of the villains. Not sure if the plan is to go beyond getting us the main characters though. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully if we don't see anything, at least we will have confirmation on the lineup.

TheBalzan

Postby TheBalzan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:56 pm

I hope when they do a Mal, that he has a removable brown coat, whether in the form of soft goods or a pvc coat with removable arms. I'd still have to buy 2 to display both of him.
I really hope we have some confirmation out of Funko that this line is still going ahead, because I'm slightly terrified.

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:07 pm

TheBalzan wrote:I hope when they do a Mal, that he has a removable brown coat, whether in the form of soft goods or a pvc coat with removable arms. I'd still have to buy 2 to display both of him.
I really hope we have some confirmation out of Funko that this line is still going ahead, because I'm slightly terrified.

Yeah, I'll be disappointed if Mal doesn't have a coat (like the ReAction figure). That was Mezco's mistake with Hellboy - the retail figure was shirtless, and to get one with a coat you had to get one of the hard-to-find exclusive figures. I really hope we get a definitive, coated Mal up front.

Oh, and Jubal Early :)

TheBalzan

Postby TheBalzan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 am

I realise now the line is probably not far enough along to show anything, Mr. Fox and Magic are both slated for June releases, GoT 2 I've heard is slated for August, and Firefly is Q4 2014 so nothing to panic (myself) about.

Poe Ghostal wrote:
TheBalzan wrote:I hope when they do a Mal, that he has a removable brown coat, whether in the form of soft goods or a pvc coat with removable arms. I'd still have to buy 2 to display both of him.

Yeah, I'll be disappointed if Mal doesn't have a coat (like the ReAction figure). That was Mezco's mistake with Hellboy - the retail figure was shirtless, and to get one with a coat you had to get one of the hard-to-find exclusive figures. I really hope we get a definitive, coated Mal up front.

Oh, and Jubal Early :)

I hope they do a Jubal Early too! I'd hope for all talking roles, but I doubt that'll happen. Jubal is a pretty obvious choice though, as he's the only real antagonist besides Adelai Niska, Saffron or Badger we had a chance to be introduced too. But none of them were say action antagonists. Come to think of it there is the blue handed men, but they had a rather... crap turn out in the somewhat B grade Serenity movie tie in comic.
Any other browncoats here read Leaf on a Wind?

Tash51

Postby Tash51 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:29 am

I can't wait to see how these figures turn out! I'm just so excited they're finally doing firefly figures :)
I hope they do a series 2 for all the lines as well so we can get the rest of the crew.
I would secretly love a serenity figure and a pop in the rides line but I know that would most likely never happen :)

I love everything Firefly and can't wait for all the lines being released by Funko :)

Funklub Membership #2069

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:24 pm

I wish Funko, like NECA, gave out little in-progress pics and hints through their Twitter account...really can't wait to see these!

I don't really feel that strongly about it - I'm sure we'll see them at SDCC - but this was fun to make.

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:17 pm

So, do you think we'll see Firefly Legacy at SDCC next month?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:43 pm

I can finally replace the original line of NECA(?) Firefly/Serenity figures that I was forced to sell a few years ago!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

terp_fan99

Postby terp_fan99 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:41 pm

I love Firefly, automatic purchase for me. Already have the QM 1/6 Malcolm Reynolds on order as well.
*Adam*

TheBalzan

Postby TheBalzan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:00 am

I would hope that we will get a look at them by SDCC with maybe a teaser to keep us interested, maybe a firm date would be nice too.
The Serenity figures were pretty woeful even for the day. I'm glad the series is being given another chance for some awesome toys.

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:20 pm

I bet we'll see these at SDCC. Not sure what's happening, but it seems like all the Legacy/ReAction stuff got pushed out.

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Ive never seen the show, but with all the hype behind the figures, legacy and reaction, its starting to make me want to check it out. My walmart has the whole series for 12.99. I might bite on it to see whats up.

terp_fan99

Postby terp_fan99 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:15 pm

ricflair4ever wrote:Ive never seen the show, but with all the hype behind the figures, legacy and reaction, its starting to make me want to check it out. My walmart has the whole series for 12.99. I might bite on it to see whats up.

Don't think about it, just do it! We're making my cousin watch it right now and she likes it.
*Adam*

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:02 pm

TheBalzan wrote:The Serenity figures were pretty woeful even for the day. I'm glad the series is being given another chance for some awesome toys.

I thought that aside from the questionable paint on the two version of Mal, the Serenity figures from back when the film came out were pretty much top-notch. Better than, say, McFarlane's various Matrix figures, or other figures of that era. Much better than anything DST was producing at the time. But that paint job on Mal just threw everyone. The Jayne figures - especially the limited edition with the cigar - were great. But no matter how good they were, the failure to make the rest of the crew made them rather useless.

Tash51

Postby Tash51 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Where are they?! I want to see them already :)

Funklub Membership #2069

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:19 am

Sincerely hoping we see these at Toy Fair 2015...

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Still no listing for these on Barnes & Noble's website, but they've been on Amazon (pre-order) for a couple weeks.

Looks like Barnes & Noble won't be getting them. (That's what is looks like - whether they will or not is an entirely different matter).

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:02 pm

I just want a clear answer on a release date. some places said march, some still say april, some say may, some say June. i paid for them a month ago under the assumption they would be out by now.

TheBalzan

Postby TheBalzan » Sun May 10, 2015 7:07 am

Bigbadtoystore has May Amazon is saying May 15, so hopefully we'll get them this week.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Mon May 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Allison of Funko may have misheard the question in this video from ToyFair - she was asked about The Rocketeer and Firefly, but maybe she was answering only about The Rocketeer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptAYvW4 ... be&t=1m43s
She answered "They'll be towards the summer. Towards the summer. June, July - nothing until then, though. So it's still a little bit of a wait." Forbidden Planet UK chose a date of "July 31" but chances are they are speculating as wildly as everyone else.

But all of those dates may be revised now that Reis has today replied to your question in the Your ReAction Questions Answered Here! thread. Doesn't sound good.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Mon May 11, 2015 11:20 pm

You would think they'd let us know when they are coming out, especially since some of us have already paid for them...

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Mon May 11, 2015 11:46 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:You would think they'd let us know when they are coming out, especially since some of us have already paid for them...

This is my biggest problem.... Funko is just silent. At least give fans an update of some kind, even if it's just to say the figures will be delayed. Better to give that news before the tentative release date on Amazon rather than after that date passes.

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am

I ordered mine from popcultcha. Should be here tomorrow.
TWD: Aaron GOT: Loras Tyrell AHS: Kit, Lana, Kyle, Jimmy

Wants; -King of the hill -Archie/Riverdale -Charmed

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Wed May 20, 2015 3:11 pm

fun times. I preordered mine a while ago and from what the seller is telling me, they haven't even shipped to him yet.

Disco_Jedi

Postby Disco_Jedi » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:56 pm

Check your Toys R Us folks! Found them today!!!

Case of 6 figures, Mal is 2 per case.

Return to “Action Figures”