Buffy Re-Action figures

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
tlc38tlc38

Buffy Re-Action figures

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 am

How many people are looking forward to the new "Buffy" Re-Action figures?

I seriously hope they do 6 figures in series 1....and then 3 or more series to follow!

First series should be:
Buffy
Spike
Angel
Willow
Xander
Giles
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Jeff Cope

Re: Buffy Re-Action figures

Postby Jeff Cope » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:12 pm

I am!

I put the Master in there since he was the season one Big Bad.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Jeff Cope wrote:I am!

I put the Master in there since he was the season one Big Bad.

I'd rather have the "main cast" figures made before they start making the big bads. The Master is actually my favorite Buffyverse baddie of all-time so I do hope he gets made.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:00 pm

What!? I had no idea! Cordy is a must!
TWD: Aaron GOT: Loras Tyrell AHS: Kit, Lana, Kyle, Jimmy

Wants; -King of the hill -Archie/Riverdale -Charmed

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:43 pm

If I were forced to only pick 10 characters for the Re-Action line, I would pick:

Buffy
Angel
Spike
Willow
Xander
Giles
Faith
Cordelia
Anya
Tara

It's SO hard to only pick 10 when you love these characters so much!

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:10 am

If I had to pick 10
Buffy (S1 black dress)
Buffy (chosen)
Xander (S3)
Angel (S1) + vamp exclusive
Cordliea (S3 graduation day part 2)
Spike (I don't want him, but he will sell) + vamp exclusive
Anya (S7 selfless) + chase demon head
Faith (S3 GD part 1)
Willow (S6) + black hair chase
Oz (wearwolf Transformation S4 )
Giles (S1)

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:04 pm

When are these supposed to be released?

How long does it take for Funko to reveal pictures of the protos or at least release info about which characters are being made?

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:35 pm

I sent Super7 an email via their website and got a quick response about the new "Buffy" ReAction figures.

I asked when they would be released and when we would know which characters are getting made.

They responded by saying that details would be revealed at Toy Fair 2014 in February!

I can't wait---I know it's not but a little over a month away but that's gonna seem like forever!

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Buffy is one of the big reasons I came here and signed up to chat here on the forums. I hope they also make 6 inch Legacy figures, but I am beyond excited for the 3.75" ReAction figures.

I hope we at least get 3 series, with 6 figures per series. I'd love to see something like

SERIES 1

Buffy
Giles
Xander
Willow
Angel
The Master

SERIES 2

Buffy (different attire than series 1)
Angel (As Vampire)
Spike
Drusilla
Cordelia
Oz

Series 3

Faith
Gentleman (maybe as a 2 pack with 2 Gentleman, or 1 Gentleman and a straight jacket Demon)
Adam
Tara
Dawn
Anya

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:23 pm

DarthScooby wrote:Buffy is one of the big reasons I came here and signed up to chat here on the forums. I hope they also make 6 inch Legacy figures, but I am beyond excited for the 3.75" ReAction figures.

I hope we at least get 3 series, with 6 figures per series. I'd love to see something like

SERIES 1

Buffy
Giles
Xander
Willow
Angel
The Master

SERIES 2

Buffy (different attire than series 1)
Angel (As Vampire)
Spike
Drusilla
Cordelia
Oz

Series 3

Faith
Gentleman (maybe as a 2 pack with 2 Gentleman, or 1 Gentleman and a straight jacket Demon)
Adam
Tara
Dawn
Anya

Buffy is the reason I'm here too! Your list looks delicious! I can't wait for more details on this line.

I would probably add Riley to the list---I know he wasn't a fan favorite but I still liked him. I really hope Xander & Giles don't get the shaft, they need more merchandise!

Brian@Funko

Postby Brian@Funko » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 am

I can tell you this scoop. Buffy, Willow, A Gentlemen from Hush, Spike, Angel and Oz will be series 1.

B

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:27 am

And boom goes the dynamite
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

gitwer

Postby gitwer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:48 am

Brian@Funko wrote:I can tell you this scoop. Buffy, Willow, A Gentlemen from Hush, Spike, Angel and Oz will be series 1.

B

-dies-

Too much awesome in wave 1. Save some for future waves!

-re-dies-

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 am

Brian@Funko wrote:I can tell you this scoop. Buffy, Willow, A Gentlemen from Hush, Spike, Angel and Oz will be series 1.

B

I am thankful for anything "Buffy" I can get but I was so hoping for Giles & Xander....but the best news of all is Brian says "series 1"....which may indicate they have plans for more series!!!!!!

I wonder if the POP! line will have the same 6 characters.

Here's hoping for series 2 ReAction: Xander, Giles, Cordelia, Faith, Anya, & ...I'll leave the 6th figure up in the air because it's a tough choice between Tara, Dawn, Riley, Adam, Drusilla, & The Master

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:33 am

B

Thanks for the scoop Brian. Nice strong lineup.

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:39 am

B

Perfect!! Thank you! :)
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Will the packaging of these figures be the same as the "Alien" figures? If so, what are the measurements? I need to measure out some wall space for this series!!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:25 pm

That's a pretty strong line up for the first series, especially including an "army builder" of sorts with the Gentlemen. Almost as great an "army builder" as an Ubervamp.

I wonder what "season" the costumes, hair-styles, etc will be based on. Since Oz is included, I'm guessing maybe season 3. Although the inclusion of the Gentleman would indicate season 4. I just hope they're all consistent and that Willow isn't based on a costume from season 1, Buffy on a costume from season 7, Oz on a costume from season 3, etc. Angel and Spike pretty much always looked the same, so they should be able to fit with the others easily.

And I'd also hope to see Xander released sooner rather than later. I understand the reasoning behind leaving some major characters for later waves, but the core trio of the Scooby Gang should be promptly released.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Agent 86 wrote:And I'd also hope to see Xander released sooner rather than later. I understand the reasoning behind leaving some major characters for later waves, but the core trio of the Scooby Gang should be promptly released.

I agree! And don't forget about Giles! :)

I hope they do Buffy from "Chosen" with the scythe, Oz from "Doppelgangland", & Willow from any season 3 episode.

I can't wait for pics! The suspense is slaying me!

BigDangHero

Postby BigDangHero » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm

This is such great news!!!
Those Diamond Select Buffy figures from a few years ago looked good, but the quality control, as well as the overall quality of the figures, was terrible. All of mine began to slowly break and fall apart within three years of buying them :( AND they were displayed carefully, and not being played with. Ever since then, I've been hoping that another company would come along and produce a far better Buffy figure line.
(Btw, I hate to criticize Diamond like that, especially since I've never had the same problem with their Marvel Select figures.)
Bren

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:11 pm

That is an impressive first wave. I can't wait to hear what some of these other ReAction lines will be comprised of! Especially Star Trek Classic, Back to the Future, The Dark Crystal and The X Files!

alittleweird

Postby alittleweird » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:44 pm

B

That is a solid lineup. Can't wait to see how these turn out!
Hi, my name is Erika!

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:29 am

Brian,

I know the "Alien" ReAction figures were made from unproduced original molds. Will the "Buffy" figures be new or recreations of old figures or ones that were supposed to be released but weren't?

I know Diamond Select was supposed to release these 6" deluxe figures, but didn't:
Willow - Halloween
Willow - Tough Love
Willow - Vampire
Principal Wood
Oz - Doppelgangland
Oz - Wild at Heart
Oz - Fear, Itself
Drusilla - School Hard
Drusilla - Surprise
Drusilla - Vampire
Giles - Band Candy
The Judge

Regular 6" figures by Diamond Select that we're announced but not released:
Giles: Grave
Faith: Enemies
Faith: Sanctuary
Riley
Adam

-------------------
These are the only ones I can remember, I'm sure there's more.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 am

B

Great news, Thanks Brian....
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 am

B

Thanks, Brian, for all the info you give us!
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:46 pm

I know it's just a little over a month away but Toy Fair seems sooooo far away. I wish we could see a sneak peak at the Buffy items!!

BigDangHero

Postby BigDangHero » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 pm

I hope that playsets aren't out of the realm of possibility for this line. A library playset (like the one that Diamond did, only in 3 3/4" scale) would be amazing! This might be an unreasonable request for a 6" line, but for a 3 3/4", I'm assuming that this should be relatively easy to affordably produce.
OOOH ! Or a cool little replica of The Bronze!!! Gah, so many possibilities! I can't wait for this line!
Bren

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:45 pm

What an AMAZING series 1! So many heavy hitters right off the bat. I am so excited about these figures.

I hope there is indeed a series 2, and I hope its something like.....

Giles
Xander
Cordelia
Faith
Drusilla
The Master

But whatever it turns out to be, I will be happy :)

And I am so happy about that series 1 lineup. There is a Gentleman!

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:27 pm

DarthScooby wrote:What an AMAZING series 1! So many heavy hitters right off the bat. I am so excited about these figures.

Giles
Xander
Cordelia
Faith
Drusilla
The Master

That series 2 line up is beyond perfect! Let's hope!

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:48 pm

BigDangHero wrote:I hope that playsets aren't out of the realm of possibility for this line. A library playset (like the one that Diamond did, only in 3 3/4" scale) would be amazing! This might be an unreasonable request for a 6" line, but for a 3 3/4", I'm assuming that this should be relatively easy to affordably produce.
OOOH ! Or a cool little replica of The Bronze!!! Gah, so many possibilities! I can't wait for this line!

I'd like to have a 3 3/4" scale of "The Magic Box" but right now I hope they focus more on getting the core & fan favorite characters released.

jayypee09

Postby jayypee09 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Series 1 sounds awesome! Can't wait to see how these turn out!
Hi, I'm Jillian.

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:16 pm

tlc38tlc38 wrote:
DarthScooby wrote:What an AMAZING series 1! So many heavy hitters right off the bat. I am so excited about these figures.

Giles
Xander
Cordelia
Faith
Drusilla
The Master

That series 2 line up is beyond perfect! Let's hope!

I figure that might as well be series 2. With so many heavy hitters in series 1, they might as well keep the train going into series 2.

I saw you guys talking playsets earlier. I would LOVE to get a 3" scale Library or Magic Shop playset. That would be amazing!

I hope they just keep focusing on the figures for now. But maybe in a year or 2, if the figures sell well, it would be awesome to see playsets.

That, and Giles car from the first couple seasons.

Heres a question? Are all of you Buffy fans here hoping Angel gets his own series and special carding? Or are you just content with Buffy figures?

I for one would love an all Angel series. Not just to get characters from that show, but so there would be a different card back for the Angel series compared to the Buffy series.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm a fan of the "Angel" series but I only collect merchandise from the "Buffy" series. I know this sounds funny but this has always been my rule since I stated collecting "Buffy" stuff. Basically, it must have the "Buffy" logo on it for me to buy. I do this to limit my spending---hasn't helped much though, I have an entire room dedicated to "Buffy"---I've spent roughly $15,000 on my collection and it continues to grow. I'm a "Buffy" freakazoid!

And, I cant wait to add the "Buffy" POP!s and ReAction figures to my collection! I hope Funko makes tons of these little suckers!

SuperDanOfSteel

Postby SuperDanOfSteel » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:30 pm

I am actually more of an Angel fan than a Buffy fan, so I really hope they do an Angel line. I doubt they would go into Angel right away though, probably if Buffy series 2 or 3 does well then they will do it.
I'm Dan

kassle

Postby kassle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:10 pm

My Top 5!:

1. Cordelia
2. Faith
3. Drusilla
4. Darla
5. Anya

Yeah - it's all chicks, but Buffy was all about the ladies. :cherry:

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:27 pm

kassle wrote:My Top 5!:

1. Cordelia
2. Faith
3. Drusilla
4. Darla
5. Anya

Yeah - it's all chicks, but Buffy was all about the ladies. :cherry:

Hopefully some of these (especially Cordelia, Faith, & Anya) will get released in series 2 along with Giles & Xander!

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Faith is my biggest want from the line so I'm disappointed we aren't getting her right away. That being said, Buffy, Angel and Spike are all must have purchases. Anya, Caleb and Glory would be spectacular as well.

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:37 pm

I know this is highly unlikely but I would love some season 8/9 comic figures too.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Younger_Avenger wrote:I know this is highly unlikely but I would love some season 8/9 comic figures too.

That would be sweet! We need more season 8/9 merchandise! Dark Horse made a lunchbox, 2 mugs, and a 4 pint glass set but that's all that's available. Maybe Dark Horse will start making more merchandise with season 10 of Buffy getting ready to start in March.

Jones soda also did Buffy soda with 6 different bottle designs from season 8.

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:18 pm

tlc38tlc38 wrote:
Younger_Avenger wrote:I know this is highly unlikely but I would love some season 8/9 comic figures too.

That would be sweet! We need more season 8/9 merchandise! Dark Horse made a lunchbox, 2 mugs, and a 4 pint glass set but that's all that's available. Maybe Dark Horse will start making more merchandise with season 10 of Buffy getting ready to start in March.

Jones soda also did Buffy soda with 6 different bottle designs from season 8.

They really need more. (Even though I've lost almost all my interest in the comics, Billy/Devon is the only thing keeping me interested)
Reaction wants for the comics:

Season 8:
Buffy
Willow
Faith
Xander
Giles
Twilight
Fray

Season 9:
Buffy
Angel