List of Retailers ?

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
BigDangHero

List of Retailers ?

Postby BigDangHero » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 pm

I've been searching the forum for an answer to this question, with no luck so far, and I apologize for starting a new thread if it has already been answered, but has Funko announced a list of retailers that will be carrying the Legacy and ReAction series ?
Will they be exclusive to internet retailers, or will they be widely available, like the Pop! figures, which are easy to find among specialty shops, comic shops, book stores, toy stores, etc... ?

My area is largely devoid of "entertainment" stores, like F.Y.E. and Hastings, and the local comic shop only sporadically orders action figures. That only leaves the local Barnes & Noble and Toys R Us, both of which carry only a small selection of Funko products. That being the case, I will most likely be buying all of mine online anyways, but I have been curious as to whether there is a possibility that I will ever see these at any local stores.
Bren

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Re: List of Retailers ?

Postby MadLove » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 pm

They'd be available to anyone who carries Funko (and probably through Diamond (who supplies comics.)) Legacy orders have not been offered to retailers yet that I'm aware of so Funko themselves might not even know yet....
My guess would be if a store carries Funko, there's a good chance. If they carry Funko and the Star Wars Black series, even better chance.
But basically patience and you'll find out when it's closer to the release.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:36 pm

I would imagine Brian would love TRU and Target to carry these as well. Hopefully they will
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:24 pm

When the Buffy ReAction figures are released I will probably just order online from super7store.com.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

BigDangHero

Postby BigDangHero » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Widespread availability of these figures is an exciting prospect ! One of Funko's major advantages is their incredible distribution. What other company has their figures in such a wide range and variety of stores? Even Hasbro hasn't managed to achieve that type of distribution. Sure, Hasbro sells large quantities in the major retailer locations, but their products typically are rarely found at the specialty retailers. Star Wars figures may be the exception here, but even these don't have much of a specialty presence, otherwise the Black series wouldn't be so hard for so many to find.
Years ago, when Toy Biz was trying to rationalize to collectors why they sold the Marvel license to Hasbro, one of their big reasons was that Hasbro would increase the distribution of the figures and make them much easier to find. Those of us who collect MLs know that never happened lol !
With Funko's connections and pre-established distribution system, it's exciting to envision that these figures could become as high-profile, popular, and accessible as the Pop! figures !
Bren

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:42 pm

I contacted a well-known online retailer (I don't know what the rules about posting company names around here are), and they told me that they expected to have Legacy orders up mid February. I assume Re-Action would be the same.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:50 am

Blanka wrote:I contacted a well-known online retailer (I don't know what the rules about posting company names around here are), and they told me that they expected to have Legacy orders up mid February. I assume Re-Action would be the same.

You can post the name, it is when people start posting links that is gets hairy. If you post a link for a product then that would have to go in 'Eye on The Web". Or if you are a dealer than you can't post your own link to advertise your business, etc....
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:54 am

So many rules so little time. :)

I would think Reaction would be online sales and Legacy would be online and brick stores too like TRU and maybe more.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:58 am

Ahh, okay. Well, I contacted Amok Time, and they informed me that they are ready to put orders up in February, around Toy Fair time!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:59 am

Amok Time? Dude thats where you shop?
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:59 am

I know Gemini sold out of the Alien ReAction Figure Set so they will be carrying these plus hopefully the protos like the do with the pop, wobblers and vinyl. Also Super7store and Toy Tokyo is carrying them.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Bigbadtoystore.com and Entertainmentearth.com are excellent vendors

They both carry the Alien line
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 pm

I HAVE used Amok before, yes. Why? You don't like them?

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:04 pm

They use to be way over priced. I dont even look at their site now. They use to sell Marvel Legends variants at ebay prices
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 pm

I typically only use them for pre-orders. I like to use PayPal with them when pre-ordering, because they'll take out the money immediately, and I'm not caught with my pants down when an item comes out unexpectedly.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Does Funko have an official online store?

Since Super7 & Funko are the official makers of these products, wouldn't it be wiser to order from the maker's site?
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:21 pm

No Funko is not set up for that
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Blanka wrote:I typically only use them for pre-orders. I like to use PayPal with them when pre-ordering, because they'll take out the money immediately, and I'm not caught with my pants down when an item comes out unexpectedly.

I understand that. Although personally, I don't like paying for something that they haven't even received in stock yet.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Return to “Action Figures”