So, what exactly are we looking at with "Re-Action"?

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Blanka

So, what exactly are we looking at with "Re-Action"?

Postby Blanka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Is it going to be different kinds of "retro style", or is it primarily going to follow the already released Alien format? Kenner had many different types of sculpt styles back in the day (look at their 1992 Aliens/Predators, Jurassic Park, and Terminator lines for example, as opposed to the '79 Star Wars, Alien format). So is it going to vary license to license, or all stick with this one singular format?

Because to be honest, I would so be on board for the 90's versions on a lot of these licenses. Firefly in the vein of '92 Aliens/Predators? No brainer to me.

Jeff Cope

Re: So, what exactly are we looking at with "Re-Action"?

Postby Jeff Cope » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:40 pm

I hope they all stay with the basic, vanilla pose look of the Alien line and vintage Star Wars. I don't want them to go the route of 90s pre-posed Kenner stuff.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Jeff Cope wrote:I hope they all stay with the basic, vanilla pose look of the Alien line and vintage Star Wars. I don't want them to go the route of 90s pre-posed Kenner stuff.

What do you mean by the vanilla pose. I think at the Toy Fair I am going to have to ask Brian to give me a lesson on these guys!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby haydenstorm » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Never going to happen , but I havnt said it today. I want reaction of the old kenner Super Powers line
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

BigDangHero

Postby BigDangHero » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:58 pm

haydenstorm wrote:Never going to happen , but I havnt said it today. I want reaction of the old kenner Super Powers line

Aw man, if Funko decides at some point to include comic characters in the ReAction series, Dark Horse and Image characters done in the Super Powers style would be absolutely incredible !
Bren

BigDangHero

Postby BigDangHero » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Blanka wrote:Is it going to be different kinds of "retro style", or is it primarily going to follow the already released Alien format? Kenner had many different types of sculpt styles back in the day (look at their 1992 Aliens/Predators, Jurassic Park, and Terminator lines for example, as opposed to the '79 Star Wars, Alien format). So is it going to vary license to license, or all stick with this one singular format?

Because to be honest, I would so be on board for the 90's versions on a lot of these licenses. Firefly in the vein of '92 Aliens/Predators? No brainer to me.

Blanka, you are brilliant! 90's Kenner Aliens -style figures really would be an amazing format for the Firefly ReAction line!
Bren

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 pm

I hope they stick to the "vanilla" format. I hate having scales all over the place. I did like those Kenner Terminator figures from the early 90s though. If they can capture something between that and 70's-80's Star Wars look and 3 3/4" scale and keep it consistent I will be happy! Otherwise you got the mess of different scales we have today. I'm all for keeping it simple.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 pm

BigDangHero wrote:Blanka, you are brilliant! 90's Kenner Aliens -style figures really would be an amazing format for the Firefly ReAction line!

I have my moments, as few and far between as they come. ;)

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 pm

TulaBug wrote:What do you mean by the vanilla pose.

Just like the Alien figures. Just standing. Arms straight down by their sides. No pre-posed stances.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Jeff Cope wrote:
TulaBug wrote:What do you mean by the vanilla pose.

Just like the Alien figures. Just standing. Arms straight down by their sides. No pre-posed stances.

Thanks so much for the explanation!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:39 pm

As opposed to something like this.

I would so much rather this. But in the words of Mr. Daniel Pickett: Your mileage may vary.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:43 pm

There is a lot to learn for someone who has never collected these. Thanks Blanka!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:09 pm

TulaBug wrote:There is a lot to learn for someone who has never collected these. Thanks Blanka!

I hear ya...but it's fun learning!

Btw, my vote goes for the "vanilla" figures, too. I don't like posed action figures.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:21 am

I would be surprised if Funko *didn't* make them all just like the Kenner Star Wars figures (vanilla pose, same level of sculpt complexity). I hope they understand that a huge part of the appeal of ReAction will be the way that the figures from different franchises all look compatible with one another (and with Kenner Star Wars, for that matter).
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

Otter

Postby Otter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:58 am

Agreed with the "Kenner Star Wars vanilla" style, but... there are massive differences between the sculpts and paint applications in that original line. Comparing creatures, look at the difference between the Tusken Raider and Squid Head. I hope Funko tend towards Power of the Force in their style of design for the upcoming property announcements.

gitwer

Postby gitwer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:32 am

Yes, I'd love to hear more on exactly what ReAction entails.

If it's straight vanilla vintage style, I may be more on the fence for the Buffy line than I originally expected. Athletic young martial arts expert ladies and lads fighting vampires and other monsters needs more than 5 POA to me. (I'll clamor for Legacy elsewhere :P)

Is ReAction more of a scale-based branding (allowing for articulation like recent SW or some of the better done Marvel Universe figures) or a 5-poa style across the board? For Buffy's sake, I hope it's the former.

Otter

Postby Otter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 am

I'm all for the 5POA (although I'm likely to pass on the Buffy series (as tempting as a gentleman may be)), I just want some more detailed sculpts and paint apps than what we'be seen so far with Alien (understandandable given the history of the product). This Buffy series will be the tell for the whole line.

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 am

gitwer wrote:Is ReAction more of a scale-based branding (allowing for articulation like recent SW or some of the better done Marvel Universe figures) or a 5-poa style across the board? For Buffy's sake, I hope it's the former.

ReAction has been touted as "classic Kenner style" so I'm expecting 5 POA...but, I'm hoping for knee joints on some (like StarTrek) in case we ever get playsets.

Honestly, I'm not expecting playsets in today's market, but it'd be nice for some of these properties.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:56 am

I really have faith in Funko with the "Buffy" ReAction figures! I just hope they sell well so we can get a series 2.....and 3.....and maybe 4! I have high hopes for this line!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Return to “Action Figures”