ReAction LineUps Revealed

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
tlc38tlc38

Re: ReAction LineUps Revealed

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Cristina wrote:Apparently there will be chases in the ReAction line - or at least for the Buffy ones. Just read on the PopVinyls trading group that vampire Spike will be a chase - one per case of six.

It will be interesting to see what other chases come out of this line. I'm really hoping for chases/variants on the Universal Monsters line.

I kinda had a feeling Spike would have a vampire variant. I hope they also do a vampire Angel.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Boooo!!! I hate chase variants with a passion! I thought this line was patterned off of vintage Kenner. Their motto was "Collect them all!" Chase variants go directly against that! I refuse to pay a markup to complete my collection. Man, I have been singing the ReAction lines praises despite some less than popular headsculpts, but chase variants will completely chase me away.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:21 pm

VulcansFury wrote:Boooo!!! I hate chase variants with a passion! I thought this line was patterned off of vintage Kenner. Their motto was "Collect them all!" Chase variants go directly against that! I refuse to pay a markup to complete my collection. Man, I have been singing the ReAction lines praises despite some less than popular headsculpts, but chase variants will completely chase me away.

As far as I'm concerned, the more Buffy I get, the happier I am! Bring on the variants!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:40 am

tlc38tlc38 wrote:
VulcansFury wrote:Boooo!!! I hate chase variants with a passion! I thought this line was patterned off of vintage Kenner. Their motto was "Collect them all!" Chase variants go directly against that! I refuse to pay a markup to complete my collection. Man, I have been singing the ReAction lines praises despite some less than popular headsculpts, but chase variants will completely chase me away.

As far as I'm concerned, the more Buffy I get, the happier I am! Bring on the variants!

I dont mind variants and I'm happy to get them too. What I hate are the CHASE variants (one in every 6 cases!) I like how with Predator I was able to order every version they offer. My complaint is I wish every case had an equal amount of normal Spike to Vampire face Spike. Funko would sell many more than they would by limiting them. With the chase variant, not everyone will be able to get one, many Buffy collectors will have incomplete collections. Unless you are either lucky to find one or pay a huge markup on ebay.

If the fans cant find what they want, many will give up. This will hurt sales, and lessen the likelyhood of getting wave 2 or further. This is not just a pearl paint job like Pop variants, its a significant difference in sculpt and character. This is not a variant that fans can easily pass on. I'd be less upset if it were just a different shirt color. This is a bad thing for the fans, and a good thing for the scalpers.

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:55 pm

So many of these look amazing.

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 pm

I was hoping to hear about Playsets or Vehicles at Toy Fair. I guess we'll have to wait and see at SDCC.

TCM Hitchhiker

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:02 pm

I was hoping to see, or at least hear something about playsets too. Not getting my hopes up too high though, until I see what property they make them for, how they execute them, and cost. I will be very picky about what playsets I buy.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Brian has hinted at a play set exclusively for SDCC. Hoping its Alien related.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Maybe Serenity? That would be amazing.

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:35 pm

punksnotdead wrote:Maybe Serenity? That would be amazing.

Yes it would.
On an ALIENS note, how do you guys think funko will give the marines there rail guns, given only 5 POA?
If I can't scuba, then what's this all about? What am I working towards?

TCM Hitchhiker

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Definitely interested in playsets for both Firefly and Alien.

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 pm

I really wish the Funko reps would stop by to chat. I know there was mention of retail, and I'm dying to know if these will be in the big stores like Target or TRU. I also would love to hear their future plans on finishing what they started, i.e. the rest of the casts from Alien, Goonies, Firefly, etc. I especially want to know about the future of Universal Monsters since they gave us all the big names in the first wave, I really hope they do more!

Return to “Action Figures”