ReAction LineUps Revealed

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
jake1977jr

Re: ReAction LineUps Revealed

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:29 pm

A lot of great licenses they have listed.I'm not even getting into these.Heck,I don't even buy Pops anymore,slowly getting out of Funko except for Mystery Minis.But I'm still excited to see what they will look like and excited for everyone collecting these.I might have to buy two of The Crow ones though,one to keep in the pack and one to take out,and maybe Sam from "Trick r Treat".Wonder why they never made a Crow Pop,but have this in figure form?Hmm!!!

If hey would make a Mork from Ork with his Egg ship,I would probably get that one to go along with the one I have from the 80's packed away somewhere.

Otter

Postby Otter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:09 pm

I wasn't aware that you could order individual figures from Entertainment Earth. I though you had to order cases or entire waves.

Adam16bit

Postby Adam16bit » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:12 am

I feel like a spoiled kid because we've only seen a fraction of these and I'm already sitting here thinking "We're gonna get a playset or a vehicle and RoboCop plus maybe a glow-in-the-dark Stalker Predator, right???" If they did Ghostbusters I'd lose my dang mind.

I can't wait to see what else comes up and I'm stupendously excited to bring my camera to Toy Fair in about a week. (I still can't believe George McFly is on the list!)
--AP
By Day: That Guy from Entertainment Earth
By Night: That Guy from Galactic Hunter and 16bit.com
Around 1 PM: That Guy Who's Eating Lunch

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:03 am

Totally getting the Rocketeer. I love that the helmet and pack are removable.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:22 am

I'm liking everything I see so far with the exception of the Predator. I'm not liking the paint job on these prototypes, I'm hoping production figures will look better. I hope we will see all the others listed on the Entertainment Earth at Toy Fair. I also hope we will see figures from Star Trek and The Dark Crystal ( I hope The DarkCrystal is still happening) It will also be great to hear about maybe some other licenses that are be considered for ReAction as well. I heard The X-Files get mentioned a few times on the board and I think that would make a great line.

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 am

That clear Predator is freaking awesome! I might have to order that set for our theater room. Those would be sweet to add to our décor which is mainly horror movie posters and video game character figurines...and my husband's, kind of out of place, Goonies figures. lol
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

Hurcaneman

Postby Hurcaneman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:02 pm

kassle wrote:Having just noticed punksnotdead's avatar...I'd love to see BSG figs.

Adama
Roslin
Starbuck
Apollo
Six
Boomer/Athena

...for starters.

I wholeheartedly agree.
And would add that I'd LOVE to see BSG in the Legacy line too.

seenh

Postby seenh » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:40 pm

I like the old style, but the predator without mask and open mouth figures just look.....awkward.
I guess I'm more a fan of the old card/packaging on some of these

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Hurcaneman wrote:
kassle wrote:Having just noticed punksnotdead's avatar...I'd love to see BSG figs.

Adama
Roslin
Starbuck
Apollo
Six
Boomer/Athena

...for starters.

I wholeheartedly agree.
And would add that I'd LOVE to see BSG in the Legacy line too.

My people. \:D/

We are getting Titans in about a month, so I'm glad to be getting something, but I would love full blown legacy figures. ReAction was born to feature BSG figures though imo. I'd like to see Starbuck, Apollo, Baltar, Adama, Six, and a Cylon Centurion be the first wave. The reimagined ReAction figures could go right next to the original series figures.

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 am

I'm totally in for anything vintage based:

Universal Monsters (I have all the vintage Remco Mini-Monsters so these will go nicely with them)
Back to the Future
The Goonies
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (originally announced but not shown so far so I'm hoping)
The Dark Crystal (rumored but not shown or announced, this would be my dream come true)
Freddy/Jason/Leatherface/Myers
The Rocketeer
Snake Plissken

And maybe a single Predator since I do like the original film. I don't care for The Terminator so I'll pass on all those. I also have no interest in any of the Whedon stuff or any of the modern based characters except Jack Skellington and Sally.

My goal is to get all the figures that I should have had as a kid but they were never made like the Alien line which I already got from SDCC.

Shpadoinkle98

Postby Shpadoinkle98 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 am

I'm loving the 80s focus of this line. I would LOVE The lost boys, stand by me, Bill and Ted, Labyrinth and The breakfast club!!!! (my personal favourite)

TOY FAIR IS GOING TO BE INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE!!!!

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:51 am

Cosmic_Cow wrote:I'm totally in for anything vintage based:

Universal Monsters (I have all the vintage Remco Mini-Monsters so these will go nicely with them)
Back to the Future
The Goonies
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (originally announced but not shown so far so I'm hoping)
The Dark Crystal (rumored but not shown or announced, this would be my dream come true)
Freddy/Jason/Leatherface/Myers
The Rocketeer
Snake Plissken

And maybe a single Predator since I do like the original film. I don't care for The Terminator so I'll pass on all those. I also have no interest in any of the Whedon stuff or any of the modern based characters except Jack Skellington and Sally.

My goal is to get all the figures that I should have had as a kid but they were never made like the Alien line which I already got from SDCC.

Oh man, sign me up for Bill & Ted figures. Throw in Rufus, Napoleon, Billy the Kid and a Genghis Kahn with baseball bat, yes please. If ever there was a time for a playset, how about a phone booth with a Circle K backdrop.

Adam16bit

Postby Adam16bit » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:36 am

While I will buy, without hesitation, all Bill & Ted 3 3/4-inch figures I would like to also add that I'd be twice as excited to have an Abraham Lincoln in this scale and would buy a case or two of them to give out at Christmas as gifts. If I can live in a world with George Carlin and Abe Lincoln figures that can pal around with Boba Fett and an Alien, this is truly the greatest time to be alive.
--AP
By Day: That Guy from Entertainment Earth
By Night: That Guy from Galactic Hunter and 16bit.com
Around 1 PM: That Guy Who's Eating Lunch

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:14 am

And that same Abe Lincoln can also pal around with James T Kirk and Spock. Oh the fun times ahead of us! I'm thinking of all those Twisted Mego Theatre strips in Toy Fare Magazine!
http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/thebl ... yfare.html

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am

I'm mildly surprised there are no villains in the initial Firefly line-up. Would have loved to see a Reaver or, of course, Jubal Early. Even Buffy gets a Gentleman!
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

TCM Hitchhiker

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:00 pm

I felt the same when seeing the Firefly lineup. Also sorely missing Inara. Sure they will show up in a series 2 if it happens though.

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:01 pm

If Jubal Early gets made, he and Boba Fett will invade the bridge of the Enterprise.
Last edited by TheDorkKnight on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't scuba, then what's this all about? What am I working towards?

captgarlik

Postby captgarlik » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:27 pm

I am going to so need more shelves soon.
My name is Paul, and I like Fig Newtons.

floydnjanicefan

Postby floydnjanicefan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Entertainment Earth just posted pictures of most of the rest of the figures, except, sadly, my beloved Buffy:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 716&type=1

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks for posting, I am so getting a Doc Brown, Michael Myers, and Sam!! The Sam looks great, I wish their was gonna be a Chucky though
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Buffy added...

I was going to stay away from the ReAction figures, but now that I see them...I may need a set of Universal Monsters :)
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Cristina wrote:Buffy added...

I was going to stay away from the ReAction figures, but now that I see them...I may need a set of Universal Monsters :)

Haha I was actually not gonna get near them either but, they are pretty awesome! :D I like how they are a total throwback to the 1970s-80s! Wish their was a Chucky though :(
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm pretty disappointed in the Firefly figures, there heads are all huge, and Mal has no coat.

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:10 pm

TheDorkKnight wrote:I'm pretty disappointed in the Firefly figures, there heads are all huge, and Mal has no coat.

I'd predict Mal in coat (and Jayne with hat) as future releases, either with wave 2 or as exclusives.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Horror =P~
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Otter

Postby Otter » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm in for the Goonies line! :D

Mad4toys1963

Postby Mad4toys1963 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:50 pm

I may get some of the Horror figures... :D
KIM

Horror * GoT * Walking Dead * AHS * Orphan Black * OITNB * Freddy

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm a little confused, if funko has these figures carded and ready to go at toy fair, why are they waiting to release them?

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:52 am

TheDorkKnight wrote:I'm a little confused, if funko has these figures carded and ready to go at toy fair, why are they waiting to release them?

It's not uncommon to have finished product samples. You usually get these even before your first big production run to make sure everything is perfect. Manufacturers also send you finished samples so you can create catalogs, take web pictures, and market the product before it's actually available for shipment to retail. Funko probably has samples in-hand for most of what they'll sell this year already. It doesn't mean they have received final approval on every figure or even gone into production with a specific line.

It's also not unusual for a manufacturer to send you product as it's completed by container. So Funko might be doing production runs on their April releases as we speak, but they may be getting them a portion at a time, let's say 30,000 units per container for arguments sake. I don't know how Funko warehouses or what their fulfillment situation is with the figures, but it's possible they are sending them all to one or two places right now. So Funko could be sitting on 60,000 Snake figures right now, but they need 200,000 by April _________. So they can grab a few to bring to the show if that's the case but it doesn't mean they're ready to ship to mass retail or to everyone who has already placed an order with them.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:04 am

Entertainmentearth.com has more carded final versions pictured now

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitli ... 120&y=-210

Judging by the Toy Fair pics most of the figures are horribly painted. I realize (and hope) these are probably just hand painted protos and not the final product.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 am

VulcansFury wrote:
TheDorkKnight wrote:I'm pretty disappointed in the Firefly figures, there heads are all huge, and Mal has no coat.

I'd predict Mal in coat (and Jayne with hat) as future releases, either with wave 2 or as exclusives.

And, theres now a picture of Jayne with hat! He better be easy to obtain, and not an expensive SDCC variant!

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:26 pm

VulcansFury wrote:
VulcansFury wrote:

And, theres now a picture of Jayne with hat! He better be easy to obtain, and not an expensive SDCC variant!

Really? Do you have a link?

JonWes

Postby JonWes » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:08 pm

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:21 pm

JonWes wrote:Here's a nice gallery that shows Jayne with hat:
http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/16/toy-f ... ion-115373

And the pic:
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploa ... es-014.jpg

Awesome, thank you!

Maybe it's a chase figure? That's exactly what I wanted initially, so I'm glad we are getting it.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Just for those who are too lazy to click:

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Heard this will be a SDCC exclusive
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 am

Pumpkin King wrote:Heard this will be a SDCC exclusive

That would suck. I want to open one, so getting one for a reasonable price is challenging enough. I hate SDCC exclusives.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 am

VulcansFury wrote:
Pumpkin King wrote:Heard this will be a SDCC exclusive

That would suck. I want to open one, so getting one for a reasonable price is challenging enough. I hate SDCC exclusives.

Yeah, agree. Especially since I tend to think Jayne should have come with the hat in the first place. Even if it's reasonable, at say $15, you're likely still looking at $25 with shipping, and I feel that's being generous. ](*,)

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:55 am

As thrilled as I am by the Horror stuff, I do notice that Leatherface is missing. Hopefully he'll be in wave 2?

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Apparently there will be chases in the ReAction line - or at least for the Buffy ones. Just read on the PopVinyls trading group that vampire Spike will be a chase - one per case of six.

It will be interesting to see what other chases come out of this line. I'm really hoping for chases/variants on the Universal Monsters line.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Return to “Action Figures”