WWE ReAction Figures

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
batlash86

WWE ReAction Figures

Postby batlash86 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:12 pm

I hope I am not the only one that would love to see these. It would be awesome seeing the current superstars in a retro style! It would be even better getting some of the legends in this style since the WWE figures of the 80's had no articulation at all, so a Kenner style Macho Man would be out of this world!

punksnotdead

Re: WWE ReAction Figures

Postby punksnotdead » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 pm

It would be amazing, and even just getting a wave of legends in this style would be awesome, but I can't see Mattel letting this happen. I think Mattel was interested in doing a 3 and 3/4 inch line not that long ago. So I would imagine that's off the table for anyone else in case Mattel wants to revisit the idea.

Shpadoinkle98

Postby Shpadoinkle98 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:28 am

OOOOOHHH YEAH!! snap in to a slim Jim! I would love a macho man Figure!!!! Bret hart, Ricky steamboat, the ultimate warrior, these would be great!

batlash86

Postby batlash86 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:17 am

punksnotdead wrote:It would be amazing, and even just getting a wave of legends in this style would be awesome, but I can't see Mattel letting this happen. I think Mattel was interested in doing a 3 and 3/4 inch line not that long ago. So I would imagine that's off the table for anyone else in case Mattel wants to revisit the idea.

The same thought crossed my mine. I know Mattel makes those 3 3/4 WWE figures that they sell at the Dollar General and Family Dollar but those only have articulation in the neck and waist. Wicked Cool Toys is making WWE wrestling rings and specialty WWE Figures so since it says "Adult Collectible-Not A Toy" on the Alien ReAction figure package maybe Funko can get away with making these, or that's just a lot of wishful thinking on my part.

TCM Hitchhiker

Postby TCM Hitchhiker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:57 pm

I would buy a George "The Animal" Steele. :)

Adam16bit

Postby Adam16bit » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:34 am

I'm not a wrestling guy per se but I watched enough Hulk Hoagan's Rock & Wrestling that I'd buy a set. (And if somehow they shoehorned in Andy Kaufman, added bonus.)
--AP
By Day: That Guy from Entertainment Earth
By Night: That Guy from Galactic Hunter and 16bit.com
Around 1 PM: That Guy Who's Eating Lunch

batlash86

Postby batlash86 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 am

Adam16bit wrote:I'm not a wrestling guy per se but I watched enough Hulk Hoagan's Rock & Wrestling that I'd buy a set. (And if somehow they shoehorned in Andy Kaufman, added bonus.)

A Kaufman/Lawler 2 pack would be amazing!

seenh

Postby seenh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:47 pm

I don't think this would happen;
A reAction line would be considered an "action figure" line, and would directly compete against there main Mattel Line, which has already released a fair share of "older/classic" wrestlers, on some-what vintage style packaging.

The closest you'll ever get to a true classic line would be to track down the old Jakks WWE figures; They produced a few figures (The Rock, Nature Boy Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, etc) similar to WWE/WWF's original figure line made by LJN Toys...which featured 0 points of articulation, and were nothing more but a hunk of rubber molded in the likeness of the wrestler.

batlash86

Postby batlash86 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:59 pm

seenh wrote:I don't think this would happen;
A reAction line would be considered an "action figure" line, and would directly compete against there main Mattel Line, which has already released a fair share of "older/classic" wrestlers, on some-what vintage style packaging.

The closest you'll ever get to a true classic line would be to track down the old Jakks WWE figures; They produced a few figures (The Rock, Nature Boy Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, etc) similar to WWE/WWF's original figure line made by LJN Toys...which featured 0 points of articulation, and were nothing more but a hunk of rubber molded in the likeness of the wrestler.

This would really not be competing with any thing that Mattel has to offer. The only line that they have that is this size are only sold at Family Dollar and Dollar General. Wicked Cool Toys is making authentic scale wrestling rings, 2" thumb wrestlers, 31" poseable figures, among other things and The Bridge Direct is making "Lego" style construction playsets with figures, these are closer to what Mattel produces but they are still made. Those products are carried in stores like Walmart and Toys"R"Us so they are competing for space with Mattel's product but if Funko made these they would most likely be carried online or in a specialty store. Although I do feel that these will not be made but that's mostly due to lack of collector interest.

Ditch

Postby Ditch » Mon May 12, 2014 5:12 am

I don't think WWF collectors would go for them i remember Jax Pacific tried some thing similar with there Classic Superstars line LJN style figures and even though they were chase figures they just always seem to be left on the pegs.

TheStevePokorny

Postby TheStevePokorny » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:46 am

I know this is an older thread. But I LOVE this idea. I would go crazy for WWE figures.

Return to “Action Figures”