Official Game of Thrones RELEASE Info & Images

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Makarov

Re: Official Game of Thrones RELEASE Info & Images

Postby Makarov » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:37 pm

I spent a bit too much on figures lately and got Drogo, Arya, Brienne, Jamie and ordered Ned for $13 off amazon. Think I've got all the ones I'm interested in. Brienne's got some flash under the head where it connects but it was the only Brienne they had out at BN. Wasn't going to get Ned Stark but it'll be cool to pose him fighting Jamie Lannister. Definitely worth looking them over before buying if you can because the beard paint seemed to vary a lot on the Jamie's I saw.

PopMikey

Postby PopMikey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Picked up Jaime and Daenerys from B&N. Very happy with them although Dany's skin tone is a bit pale and the likeness is not even close. Jaime is very well detailed, his armor looks amazing, and the likeness is pretty good. No QC issues on either figure from Series 2 which is good. =D>

Brendan352

Postby Brendan352 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Does anyone know of places that are selling wave 2 of the Game of Thrones figures? I'm looking for a Drogo but I prefer to pick them out in person rather then order them online.
Hello there, I'm Brendan!
Avid Game of Thrones Fan

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:14 pm

um... anybody else concerned that the was no Series 3 shown at ToyFair 2015?

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:37 pm

TadGhostal wrote:um... anybody else concerned that the was no Series 3 shown at ToyFair 2015?

I was hoping there'd be some concept art in the catalogue, but maybe not yet.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:07 pm

TadGhostal wrote:um... anybody else concerned that the was no Series 3 shown at ToyFair 2015?

Nah, not concerned. They don't have to work at promoting it since the demand is strong as it could be already.

Bran

Postby Bran » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Brendan352 wrote:Does anyone know of places that are selling wave 2 of the Game of Thrones figures? I'm looking for a Drogo but I prefer to pick them out in person rather then order them online.

Try Barnes and Noble. There's 3 in my area and all of them are stocked full of them.

Walmart also carries them, but they put them in the front near the cash registers with the trading cards. Also saw some in Toys R Us.

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm concerned. We're about to start season 5. There are many characters I want from each season. There is no guarantee the line will continue if at all after the show ends (currently planned for season 7 maybe 8). When the line inevitably ends, there will be a long list of unmade wanted figures. Any delay limits how many waves we get before the inevitable end, and not even a peep at Toy Fair is concerning. I definitely don't want to wait until SDCC to see wave 3. We are already several seasons behind in the want list. Yes, I'm concerned. Not panicked, but concerned.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Ok, I will be concerned if they wait for trade shows to reveal them. My hope was that they can just release figures from GoT whenever they're ready, without any need to show them off at a trade show,since they already have solid distribution deals with Barnes & Noble and Target.

(I just read today's Q&A with Reis on the Facebook page with the moody mod, and the mod suggested that the GoT figures aren't selling at Barnes & Noble and Target. I'm not sure if that's true. If Barnes & Noble sells even a few in each store, that'd be more than any online comic book shop could sell. Target, though, I agree - Target isn't the right place for an adult series' action figures, and Target's distribution method, in which a store will get two dozen of a single character rather than a complete wave, is hurting sales too.)

Anyhow, I'm hoping they're on a timetable of their own, disconnected from ToyFair and ComicCon.

If they can get out 2 or 3 waves a year that would be ideal. ...and I guess I doubt they will, if I really think about it. So we may end up, as you say, a handful of characters from a show that has a few dozen main characters. They may have bitten off more than they could chew, in the sense that they cannot keep up with the demand.

GoTGuy559

Postby GoTGuy559 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:57 am

willbfree wrote:Ok, I will be concerned if they wait for trade shows to reveal them. My hope was that they can just release figures from GoT whenever they're ready, without any need to show them off at a trade show,since they already have solid distribution deals with Barnes & Noble and Target.

(I just read today's Q&A with Reis on the Facebook page with the moody mod, and the mod suggested that the GoT figures aren't selling at Barnes & Noble and Target. I'm not sure if that's true. If Barnes & Noble sells even a few in each store, that'd be more than any online comic book shop could sell. Target, though, I agree - Target isn't the right place for an adult series' action figures, and Target's distribution method, in which a store will get two dozen of a single character rather than a complete wave, is hurting sales too.)

Anyhow, I'm hoping they're on a timetable of their own, disconnected from ToyFair and ComicCon.

If they can get out 2 or 3 waves a year that would be ideal. ...and I guess I doubt they will, if I really think about it. So we may end up, as you say, a handful of characters from a show that has a few dozen main characters. They may have bitten off more than they could chew, in the sense that they cannot keep up with the demand.

I really doubt they aren't selling in B&N I see people grab them all the time there. I don't think there'll be a whole lot of characters missing. They still have two more seasons. So we at least two more series left. That'd be roughly 12 more characters. Since Stannis has been confirmed let's see characters that need to be made.
MUST HAVES
-Theon
-Bran
-Melisandre
-Jorah
-Robert
-Catelyn
-Margaery
-Loras
-Shaggydog
-Summer
-Nymeria (yes all of the wolves are necessary)
-Davos (This figure is number 12!) (That's if they don't make a repeat which they will)
-Roose
-Ramsay
NOT NEEDED BUT STILL AWESOME
-Podrick
-Rickon
-Jeor
-Varys
-Bronn
-Barristan Selmy
-Lady (the direwolf)
-Shae (why not?)
-Gilly (I don't much care but...)
-Either Jojen or Meera
-Alliser
-Yara
-Brynden
-Edmure Tully
-Viserys (I could personally do without but...)
-Also a whole lot of snakes might make into the series (Not unlikely considering fan favorite Oberyn)
All in all I guess I realized there's a huge amount of people not Pop'd yet. Not a whole lot of them are awfully important though. I honestly think they'll get the majority of the important ones I mentioned. Like 10. (I NEED THE WOLVES)

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 am

You forgot Hodor! And Joffrey. And Cersei.

But also, in addition to new characters, how many important costume changes will the main cast have on the show before the end. Danerys will probably change outfits every season, and I'd hate to see her take away spots from unmade characters, but also I'd hate to miss out on her more important appearances (like the blue dress she wore for all of season 4).

I'm really glad they tackled this line, and I'm happy with what we have so far. But there will be many, many holes. It's simply inevitable. I just hope this line continues a few years after the show ends. More than anything this line would have benefitted from a larger wave of 3 3/4" figures to really get the depth needed (preferably in a realistic style not retro).

Still, I would have preferred to have at least heard the lineup for wave 3 at ToyFair.

Matty James

Postby Matty James » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:11 am

I'm worried about this line. Series 2 came out pretty fast and right next to series 1 and now there's this delay and nothing has even been announced. If we do get a series 3 I want a Stannis.

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:17 pm

If anyone need GoT and Magic Legacy Target is selling them GoT for $10 each and Magic $8 each. In store and on web site.
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:28 am

I still think we'll get one more series of these, but that'll be it. And I'd not be surprised if there was a Tywin and an Oberyn made, but not Cersei or Sansa.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Matty James wrote:I'm worried about this line. Series 2 came out pretty fast and right next to series 1 and now there's this delay and nothing has even been announced. If we do get a series 3 I want a Stannis.

you kidding right? they came out nearly 8 months apart. i'd still be worried due to stagnant sales at major retail, but i'd wager they'll squeeze at least one more wave out. maybe go army build those white walkers to help some of it move so it happens sooner than later.

lumberjake

Postby lumberjake » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:09 pm

1000thghost wrote:If anyone need GoT and Magic Legacy Target is selling them GoT for $10 each and Magic $8 each. In store and on web site.

The store in my town said they had Jaime, Robb, and Arya, the only 3 left I need to complete the set and when I went to the store there was nothing. I really wish they'd update their stock on their website because they clearly weren't there.

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:18 am

Really want, even a little bit of news...
People are starting to think the line is cancelled, which isn't good.
Main Line Wants: Always Sunny, Archer, Community
Main character wants: Rosita (TWD), Daario (GoT)
ISO: Enchantress in the UK

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:22 am

Yeah, some retailer got a note from a distributor which said GoT Legacy was "discontinued".

He interpreted it to be a reference to the entire line, and someone wrote an article announcing the line was cancelled.

But some believe it was just a reference to the previous waves, so, absent an official announcement of cancellation from Funko, other sites aren't reporting it.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:31 am

If the Cancel Legacy, they will be cancelling me as a customer. It's my favorite line.
I highly doubt this is the case, though. With product still to be released that has already been paid for, and announced properties that have yet to be shown (licenses already paid for) Legacy will be around for a minute or two at the least. Now if we could just get them to stop gambling on lines nobody wants (here's looking at you Evolve) I think this line would be in a lot better shape.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:34 am

But who's to say what will be a bomb or what will be a success before the figures are released?

Sure, on the surface it might seem that Evolve won't be a blisteringly hot title...but if they pass on it and NECA releases them and they sell a ton, then people would look back on it and think Funko was stupid for passing.

It doesn't seem to me like ANY of the Legacy lines really sold all THAT well, so it's tough to say that it's so-and-so's fault.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:36 pm

wave 1 of GOT did well. the initial release was sold out everywhere. I do think that gave them false expectations for the following waves. but magic bombed big time, and literally no one cared about the game Evolve aside from about 7 people on ign.

Bran

Postby Bran » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:14 pm

I have no idea how well Wave 2 sold, but Wave 1, as Devilsdue stated, sold out at a lot of places. For Wave 2, I would imagine Arya, Drogo, and Tyrion sold well. Daenarys probably did as well, but likely not as well as they hoped. The reason for this is because she already had a character, and people wanted others. Jaime likely sold well too. But what many people I know personally who collected these, here's what they wanted:

Stannis
Oberyn
Bran
Hodor
Jojen
Melisandre
Littlefinger
Viserys
Cersei
Barristan

For the released stuff, here's what they weren't actually asking for:
Brienne
The Hound
White Walker
Daenarys 2.0 (still bought it because it was a nice blue dress, but they wanted stuff they didn't already have.)

I feel like this line would be better served as online orders only, so that Funko can better control how much they produce and when they're out of stock they'll have an idea for how well they sell, and then have a waiting list so everyone gets what they want but with a little wait so Funko doesn't waste money overproducing. That way everyone is happy.

GoT caters to an adult crowd. Therefore people buying action figures won't be quite as numerous.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:55 pm

I thought the head on Dany 2 was better than Dany 1. So I did end up picking that up after I said I wouldn't.

Red Viper is my big outstanding want but I can't imagine not having Cersei or Tywin at the end of the day. Wave 2 is still lingering around here though, which doesn't have me optimistic. I'll be interested to see who they pick if we do get a 3rd wave.

As far as the other properties, some real head scratchers imo. Fantastic Mr. Fox, Magic, Evolve, Book of Life, I don't get any of those. I guess Magic had a strong cult following, once upon a time, but those seem to be doing really poorly around me. Cool figures though. Rocketeer and the Firefly figures are big wants. So I won't complain too much but it's interesting to say the least to see what they've done with the Legacy figures so far.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:22 am

While I agree that the initial offering of the first series of GOT sold very well, it seemed that subsequent restocks sat and have since been put on clearance...so maybe it's more of a case of overstocking...who knows?

Funko getting into the "action figure game" is taking a chance, but they're handling it as well as they can. You have to keep in mind that a lot of the heavy hitter licenses are already held by one of the bigger companies, so Funko has to grab what they can.

They may be a king when it comes to vinyl figures, but they're low man on the totem pole when it comes to action figures.

Licensing rights are very different in the action figure world. While multiple companies can make vinyl figures of the same properties, when it comes to action figures...it's a lot more cut and dry. If company A is making a certain figure, then company B can't make the same figure unless it's in a very different scale or there is some sort of agreement reached.

So Funko is going for the best licenses available. If you think about it, what they picked isn't really that weird. Fantastic Mr. Fox is based on the popular Dahl book, but the movie didn't do that well. Who knew?

Book of Life looked like a really clever and well done animated flick with a great cast but it didn't do gangbusters...again who would have guessed?

Magic, I do agree was a stretch. Despite closing in on a quarter-century since it's inception, and the fact that the game still has a hardcore fanbase...the toys just don't sell that well. Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro both put out toy lines and they didn't move...so why did Funko try?

When it comes to Evolve, we need to wait and see. They haven't even permeated the market yet. Let them rot on the pegs for a while and then we can call the line a failure.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Bran

Postby Bran » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:29 pm

TheLastDude wrote:While I agree that the initial offering of the first series of GOT sold very well, it seemed that subsequent restocks sat and have since been put on clearance...so maybe it's more of a case of overstocking...who knows?

Funko getting into the "action figure game" is taking a chance, but they're handling it as well as they can. You have to keep in mind that a lot of the heavy hitter licenses are already held by one of the bigger companies, so Funko has to grab what they can.

They may be a king when it comes to vinyl figures, but they're low man on the totem pole when it comes to action figures.

Licensing rights are very different in the action figure world. While multiple companies can make vinyl figures of the same properties, when it comes to action figures...it's a lot more cut and dry. If company A is making a certain figure, then company B can't make the same figure unless it's in a very different scale or there is some sort of agreement reached.

So Funko is going for the best licenses available. If you think about it, what they picked isn't really that weird. Fantastic Mr. Fox is based on the popular Dahl book, but the movie didn't do that well. Who knew?

Book of Life looked like a really clever and well done animated flick with a great cast but it didn't do gangbusters...again who would have guessed?

Magic, I do agree was a stretch. Despite closing in on a quarter-century since it's inception, and the fact that the game still has a hardcore fanbase...the toys just don't sell that well. Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro both put out toy lines and they didn't move...so why did Funko try?

When it comes to Evolve, we need to wait and see. They haven't even permeated the market yet. Let them rot on the pegs for a while and then we can call the line a failure.

For the Magic stuff, it may have been because the "Plainswalkers" presented a more clear-cut "cast" to produce. Unique characters with names, like Jace. I believe all of Funko's characters were Plainswalkers.

That said I too am a little surprised they went for it. I don't really see Magic fans jumping up for something like this. Oh well, at least those who did want them got to enjoy it.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Fri May 01, 2015 8:10 am

Just wait til they release evolve and every buyer for every retail store is like "ummmm. you know that flopped right?" I can't wait to get them. I think they are beautifully made. But it's just gonna be one more flop to add to the list of reasons to abandon the line.
This line could really do to learn some restraint. The need to look at the numbers for the first two releases of Game of Thrones. Everything before the third restock. Thats how many of any given line they should be making. anything more is a waste of their time/money unless they start bringing it with bigger properties.

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Sat May 02, 2015 2:54 am

I don't know if any higher up will read this, but every day I see more and more people giving up on Legacy GOT due to silence.

Interest is clearly waning, due to silence, I can see it in the Facebook groups, on thefwoosh, Instagram.

Honestly all we need is 6 words:
We are still working on it.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Tue May 05, 2015 3:46 am

Themadpatter wrote:I don't know if any higher up will read this, but every day I see more and more people giving up on Legacy GOT due to silence.

Interest is clearly waning, due to silence, I can see it in the Facebook groups, on thefwoosh, Instagram.

This. It almost seems as if Funko has washed their hands of it. Which is truly disappointing.

Barbecue17

Postby Barbecue17 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Themadpatter wrote:I don't know if any higher up will read this, but every day I see more and more people giving up on Legacy GOT due to silence.

I'll agree. And Dark Horse's nonarticulated statues (which I do like and own) keep trucking along. Higher price point, no articulation, but they keep making them.

Bran

Postby Bran » Thu May 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Barbecue17 wrote:

I'll agree. And Dark Horse's nonarticulated statues (which I do like and own) keep trucking along. Higher price point, no articulation, but they keep making them.

They even have Bran + Hodor and Littlefinger on the way. Meaning there's interest in all 3. I think a Cersei is planned too.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Thu May 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Bran wrote:
Barbecue17 wrote:

They even have Bran + Hodor and Littlefinger on the way. Meaning there's interest in all 3. I think a Cersei is planned too.

Cersei is already out. has been for a while. She and Jamie came out at the same time. 4th quarter last year if I'm not mistaken. But yes, the interest is there for all 3. Just no one at Funko who wants to give us what we're asking for.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote: But yes, the interest is there for all 3. Just no one at Funko who wants to give us what we're asking for.

Have you ever posted anything positive?

For God's sake, we get it...you don't like the way Funko has handled the Legacy line due to your unreasonable expectations.

Have you seriously ever considered that they're doing what they're doing because at this moment in time, they can't do it any other way?

Funko is not an action figure company, and as such, some trial and error is to be expected. They're now a year in and they know what works and what doesn't. The kinks can be ironed out and they can start to run the project on a smoother level.

The wheels of design, production, and distribution can and do run very slowly at times...so p*** and moaning like a jaded fanboy because you're not getting exactly what you want when you want it isn't doing anybody any good.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Thu May 21, 2015 10:58 pm

TheLastDude wrote:
Thedevilsdue wrote: But yes, the interest is there for all 3. Just no one at Funko who wants to give us what we're asking for.

Have you ever posted anything positive?

For God's sake, we get it...you don't like the way Funko has handled the Legacy line due to your unreasonable expectations.

Have you seriously ever considered that they're doing what they're doing because at this moment in time, they can't do it any other way?

Funko is not an action figure company, and as such, some trial and error is to be expected. They're now a year in and they know what works and what doesn't. The kinks can be ironed out and they can start to run the project on a smoother level.

The wheels of design, production, and distribution can and do run very slowly at times...so p*** and moaning like a jaded fanboy because you're not getting exactly what you want when you want it isn't doing anybody any good.

It got us a legacy update...
and yes, as a matter of fact I do. Do you often let what bothers other people affect you so much?

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri May 22, 2015 1:51 am

TheLastDude wrote:Have you ever posted anything positive?

Without taking sides, and purely from a research standpoint, I have looked into this and have determined that yes, thedevilsdue has made positive posts. lol
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Fri May 22, 2015 6:46 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:
TheLastDude wrote:Have you ever posted anything positive?

Without taking sides, and purely from a research standpoint, I have looked into this and have determined that yes, thedevilsdue has made positive posts. lol

Alright, that actually made me laugh out loud. Kudos.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Jocelyn

Postby Jocelyn » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:47 am

This is my favorite Funko line, and the main reason I joined this site. I am trying to remain hopeful that there will be a third wave! I need Cersei, Catelyn, Joffrey, Bran and Hodor...

I repainted a few of my figures' faces, and today discovered a shady part in my shelves that makes for a dramatic backdrop, haha. I had a bit of fun taking pictures with my phone.

Disco_Jedi

Postby Disco_Jedi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:25 pm

So. Did they announce anything at Comic Con? Because I cannot find anything if they did?

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:39 am

Disco_Jedi wrote:So. Did they announce anything at Comic Con? Because I cannot find anything if they did?

Funko don't really announce things at SDCC

Disco_Jedi

Postby Disco_Jedi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Funko don't really announce things at SDCC

So when is this big news that we will supposedly be so happy about to be announced?

frozenzombi

Postby frozenzombi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:18 am

ReisOBrien - "Game of Thrones Legacy Series 3 is being sculpted as I type this. :)"

Return to “Action Figures”