Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Jackknight

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby Jackknight » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 pm

This is really cool. Thanks for answering everyone's questions.

1) While I'm sure you can't say exactly which lines will be announced in the future, I've been wondering has there been any line that's been greenlit for a 2nd series? Again, not looking for specifics. Just wondering if there are any second waves on the way.

2) Any thought about vehicles? I'm not talking about the highly detailed Star Wars variety, but those cheap hollow plastic cars that used to come out that could seat 3 3/4" figures like the old Dukes of Hazzard car? I think it would really fit this style of figures and smashing say the DeLorean or the Ecto-1 into things with the kids sounds like fun.

And you can put me down for wanting a second wave of ALIEN figures. Already bought 3 sets of series 1 and the playset. The rest of the crew would be sweet.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Jackknight wrote:This is really cool. Thanks for answering everyone's questions.

1) While I'm sure you can't say exactly which lines will be announced in the future, I've been wondering has there been any line that's been greenlit for a 2nd series? Again, not looking for specifics. Just wondering if there are any second waves on the way.

2) Any thought about vehicles? I'm not talking about the highly detailed Star Wars variety, but those cheap hollow plastic cars that used to come out that could seat 3 3/4" figures like the old Dukes of Hazzard car? I think it would really fit this style of figures and smashing say the DeLorean or the Ecto-1 into things with the kids sounds like fun.

And you can put me down for wanting a second wave of ALIEN figures. Already bought 3 sets of series 1 and the playset. The rest of the crew would be sweet.

1. Yep!

2. We've talked about it a bit, but nothing too serious. I think that if the figures sold like frozen bananas at a chimpanzee carnival, we'd be more inclined to take things further with vehicles.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Now that the 2014 lines are hitting en masse, when can we expect to hear about 2015? Toy Fair? Before?

Basically, I'm dyin' for some Star Trek news!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:17 pm

I recently picked up a glow Mummy. Any idea how those are distributed? Case break down or entire cases shipped of glows?
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:15 am

Three more questions for you my friend:

1.) Are the different Jack heads chase versions like the Universal Monsters GITD figures, or will they wind up being exclusives?

2.) Are there any plans for retail exclusives? Barnes & Noble perhaps?

3.) Has anyone brought up the possiblity of doing the merc team from Predator to go with the namesake character? I need ReAction figures of Dutch, Dillon, and Blain at least.

As always, thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:11 am

Alright, truth be told, I think it would be cool to get the rest of the Nostromo crew, but I want to know if we have a set of colonial marines, maybe with some alien variations? Do you guys have the rights to the other movies? Are Prometheus figures possible?
If I can't scuba, then what's this all about? What am I working towards?

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:00 am

What are the chances of getting a "Buffy" series 2? I really want Giles and Xander!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Jeff Cope wrote:Now that the 2014 lines are hitting en masse, when can we expect to hear about 2015? Toy Fair? Before?

Basically, I'm dyin' for some Star Trek news!

Yep. Toy Fair for sure. Not sure if they're going to announce anything earlier than that.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:I recently picked up a glow Mummy. Any idea how those are distributed? Case break down or entire cases shipped of glows?

Sorry, I'm not sure how they break down.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:21 pm

TheLastDude wrote:Three more questions for you my friend:

1.) Are the different Jack heads chase versions like the Universal Monsters GITD figures, or will they wind up being exclusives?

2.) Are there any plans for retail exclusives? Barnes & Noble perhaps?

3.) Has anyone brought up the possiblity of doing the merc team from Predator to go with the namesake character? I need ReAction figures of Dutch, Dillon, and Blain at least.

As always, thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions.

1. The different Jack heads will be even distributed, in terms of numbers. No one is more rare than the others. Except for the SDCC head, of course. We just thought it would be fun to give people a choice.

2. We've talked about it, but nothing solid yet. I think retailers are waiting to see if this is a hit before committing to any exclusives.

3. Yeah, we originally intended to make the rest of the team from Predator, but some licensing issues prevented that.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 pm

TheDorkKnight wrote:Alright, truth be told, I think it would be cool to get the rest of the Nostromo crew, but I want to know if we have a set of colonial marines, maybe with some alien variations? Do you guys have the rights to the other movies? Are Prometheus figures possible?

We do have the rights to the other movies, but we're still exploring the first film. Not sure about Prometheus.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 pm

tlc38tlc38 wrote:What are the chances of getting a "Buffy" series 2? I really want Giles and Xander!

It'll all depend on how series one sells. But, since our fearless leader is a huge Buffy fan, chances are pretty good. But nothing in the plans yet.

ImageImage

The 998th LC

Postby The 998th LC » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:33 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:3. Yeah, we originally intended to make the rest of the team from Predator, but some licensing issues prevented that.

I bet it was that cheap bastard Carl Weathers! He tried to shakedown Funko for that "Brand of the Year" money and Brian told him to kick rocks lol
Hello, my name is Jon Snow.

ISO: 1/8 Officer Cartman Wobbler & 1/4 Tuxedo Cartman Wobbler

homietrav
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby homietrav » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Is the T-800 Endoskeleton chrome a chase piece?
Also Reese doesn't have a jacket on in the pictures on the backer. Will future runs of Reese not have a jacket?

Thanks for the time, Reis.
Travis

Vivek

Postby Vivek » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Most ReAction figure's packaging card design has the actor's photo printed on it. Back to the Future is one of the few where the actor/character's photo is missing on the card. Was this is a licensing issue with Universal or with some of the actors that still resulted in the whole BTTF line not having them to remain consistent?

Can we expect more BTTF figures including Lorraine and Jennifer along with figures from BTTF 2 ?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 pm

homietrav wrote:Is the T-800 Endoskeleton chrome a chase piece?
Also Reese doesn't have a jacket on in the pictures on the backer. Will future runs of Reese not have a jacket?

Thanks for the time, Reis.

Nah. They will all have the jacket. We just didn't have the jacket in time to take the product shots for the back of the card.

I think the silver and chrome versions of the Endoskeleton are evenly distributed. Not so much a chase as a choice for collectors.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Vivek wrote:Most ReAction figure's packaging card design has the actor's photo printed on it. Back to the Future is one of the few where the actor/character's photo is missing on the card. Was this is a licensing issue with Universal or with some of the actors that still resulted in the whole BTTF line not having them to remain consistent?

Can we expect more BTTF figures including Lorraine and Jennifer along with figures from BTTF 2 ?

Yeah, sometimes we can't get the actor's likeness rights, so we have to go with a generic card. Whenever we can use the actor's likeness, we will. And if we could get some of the actors but not others, we'd prefer to keep the card art uniform and just not use anyone's likeness.

As long as the first series sells well, we'll make more. I'm personally hoping for a BTTF II and III series!

ImageImage

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:51 pm

Thx Reis!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Vivek

Postby Vivek » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 pm

That's good to know. Thanks Reis :).

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
TheDorkKnight wrote:Alright, truth be told, I think it would be cool to get the rest of the Nostromo crew, but I want to know if we have a set of colonial marines, maybe with some alien variations? Do you guys have the rights to the other movies? Are Prometheus figures possible?

We do have the rights to the other movies, but we're still exploring the first film. Not sure about Prometheus.

Awesome! It's great that you guys are (probably) doing complete sets from each movie. Looking forward to more news.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:36 am

ReisOBrien wrote:Yep. Toy Fair for sure. Not sure if they're going to announce anything earlier than that.

That's a long six months. I think we at least need a teaser around Christmas. :D

ReisOBrien wrote:
1. The different Jack heads will be even distributed, in terms of numbers. No one is more rare than the others. Except for the SDCC head, of course. We just thought it would be fun to give people a choice.

2. We've talked about it, but nothing solid yet. I think retailers are waiting to see if this is a hit before committing to any exclusives.

3. Yeah, we originally intended to make the rest of the team from Predator, but some licensing issues prevented that.

1. The different Jack heads are a really neat idea. Kudos for thinking outside the box.

2. Here's hoping then!

3. I figured as much. I know NECA ran into issues when it came to doing anyone but Arnold for their Predator line as well.

ReisOBrien wrote:As long as the first series sells well, we'll make more. I'm personally hoping for a BTTF II and III series!

I'm with you there, especially on BTTF III!

Thanks again Reis!
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:48 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
tlc38tlc38 wrote:What are the chances of getting a "Buffy" series 2? I really want Giles and Xander!

It'll all depend on how series one sells. But, since our fearless leader is a huge Buffy fan, chances are pretty good. But nothing in the plans yet.

Awesome news! It's a comfort to know that the "leader" is a fan! The more Buffy the better!!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:58 pm

What's the deal with the blue Mal we've seen twice?

Bengalhawks

Postby Bengalhawks » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:54 pm

I seen that you posted that a 2nd horror set would depend on sales of the first. As a huge horror fan I hope this comes true. Ive done my part and have order a set plus an extra Sam. My question is thou would a Leprechaun figure ever be possible or even on the map as being considered? It's one of my favorite series and poor Leprechaun has never had a figure of any sort and I hope you guys might make it happen.

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:12 pm

I'D LIKE TO SEE A DIRTY BOUNCER ONE

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:38 am

Hi, would you guys ever do properties even older than the 70's or 80's? like the Maschinenmensch from Metropolis?
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Can we get more terminator figures? Do you guys have the license for T2 and 3, or even Salvation? I like the first series, but T2 is one of my favorite movies ever.

dakook

Postby dakook » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Are the chase variants 1/24 1/36 or 1/48? :D
ImageImage
Baxter

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:35 pm

TheDorkKnight wrote:What's the deal with the blue Mal we've seen twice?

He's an exclusive for somebody, but I forget who. Sorry!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Bengalhawks wrote:I seen that you posted that a 2nd horror set would depend on sales of the first. As a huge horror fan I hope this comes true. Ive done my part and have order a set plus an extra Sam. My question is thou would a Leprechaun figure ever be possible or even on the map as being considered? It's one of my favorite series and poor Leprechaun has never had a figure of any sort and I hope you guys might make it happen.

I'm not sure if we have that license yet, but anything is possible. ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:38 pm

the_Archivist wrote:Hi, would you guys ever do properties even older than the 70's or 80's? like the Maschinenmensch from Metropolis?

Possibly, but they would have to be super iconic. Of course, Universal Monsters are much older than the 70s. I'd personally love a Nosferatu figure!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:39 pm

TheDorkKnight wrote:Can we get more terminator figures? Do you guys have the license for T2 and 3, or even Salvation? I like the first series, but T2 is one of my favorite movies ever.

We do have the license for T2 and will probably end up doing them eventually. Nothing written in stone, yet, but it's a strong possibility. Not sure about T3 or Salvation. Those are doubtful.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:40 pm

dakook wrote:Are the chase variants 1/24 1/36 or 1/48? :D

Sorry, no idea!

ImageImage

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:53 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
TheDorkKnight wrote:Can we get more terminator figures? Do you guys have the license for T2 and 3, or even Salvation? I like the first series, but T2 is one of my favorite movies ever.

We do have the license for T2 and will probably end up doing them eventually. Nothing written in stone, yet, but it's a strong possibility. Not sure about T3 or Salvation. Those are doubtful.

Really happy to hear that! For my blue Mal question, I was asking what he was based on, sorry I worded my question badly.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:46 pm

TheDorkKnight wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Really happy to hear that! For my blue Mal question, I was asking what he was based on, sorry I worded my question badly.

Oh! Sorry! This is the blue shirt he wears in the shootout scene at the "home for women of negotiable affections". We also gave him Zoe's "mare's leg" Winchester, since that's the kind of rifle he uses in that scene.

ImageImage

TheDorkKnight

Postby TheDorkKnight » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:00 pm

We do have the license for T2 and will probably end up doing them eventually. Nothing written in stone, yet, but it's a strong possibility. Not sure about T3 or Salvation. Those are doubtful.[/quote]
Really happy to hear that! For my blue Mal question, I was asking what he was based on, sorry I worded my question badly.[/quote]

Oh! Sorry! This is the blue shirt he wears in the shootout scene at the "home for women of negotiable affections". We also gave him Zoe's "mare's leg" Winchester, since that's the kind of rifle he uses in that scene.

Image[/quote]
That's a great idea for an exclusive! I've never actually seen all of Firefly, because whenever I get like 12 episodes in I quit because I don't want it to end.

Shiftyhenry37

Postby Shiftyhenry37 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:34 pm

I have three super important questions!

1. Has the Three Amigos come up? It's obscure, I know. But would be awesome.
2. Ghostbusters on the table seeing that you have the license or is this particular scale locked up by the other guys ?
3. When might we hear about the next round of releases now that *most* of the currently announced stuff is hitting shelves?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Shiftyhenry37 wrote:I have three super important questions!

1. Has the Three Amigos come up? It's obscure, I know. But would be awesome.
2. Ghostbusters on the table seeing that you have the license or is this particular scale locked up by the other guys ?
3. When might we hear about the next round of releases now that *most* of the currently announced stuff is hitting shelves?

1. Yep. It's come up, but nothing set in motion yet. That's a personal favorite of mine!
2. Ghostbusters will never ever ever happen. And it breaks my heart. :(
3. Probably Toy Fair. Maybe a couple of sneak peeks before then, but I can't promise anything.

ImageImage

Shiftyhenry37

Postby Shiftyhenry37 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:34 am

ReisOBrien wrote:2. Ghostbusters will never ever ever happen. And it breaks my heart. :(

Don't suppose you could elaborate there? Never, ever is pretty definitive :/

I sort of assumed though, if it were possible it would've happened for the 30th Anniversary. Shame.

Jeff Cope

Postby Jeff Cope » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:49 am

ReisOBrien wrote:3. Probably Toy Fair. Maybe a couple of sneak peeks before then, but I can't promise anything.

....Star Trek....Star Trek...Star Trek....!!

Return to “Action Figures”