Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
ReActionator

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby ReActionator » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Was there an actual Limited Edition number amount to the Golden Girls set released at NYCC? It's never been confirmed anywhere.

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Hi Reis,
Are you able to comment on the Addams family figures? They sounded like a go for a while there and now it sounds like they may go the way of Chucky...cancelled. Can you tell us the status?
Adam

Barbecue17

Postby Barbecue17 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 am

Wow! I've just finished picking up series 2 of the Nightmare Before Christmas ReAction figures and let me say: These are incredible! Please don't hear this as complaining, as I love the ReAction style, but these don't feel like ReAction figures: These are just really good quality Nightmare Before Christmas figures! The sculpting on the Clown with the Tearaway Face, the Werewolf's teeth, and Pumpkin King Jack's pumpkin head are just amazing, even compared to most modern toylines.

I was a kid when the film came out in 1993 and I owned almost everything from Hasbro's series. I've collected various NBX toys since then, but I really think I like these the best! Y'all have done an amazing job with these! I hope you speed up the process on putting out a third series, though, to capture the attention of folks wowed by these. It would be amazing if Funko could deliver the most complete Nightmare Before Christmas line of toys ever in this scale (I know Neca's crazy impressive line might be hard to beat, but considering you're working in a smaller scale in a time of better distribution, I think you can do it. NBX is always popular!).

I'd love to see Funko at least complete the releases of the vintage Hasbro line with Lock, Santa Claus, and Dr. Finkelstein, but more figures would be welcome!

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:44 pm

I have to praise Reis and the team at Funko for producing the Dark Crystal line of Reaction figures. I found them today, and the attention to detail is second to none. I love how each comes with an accessory and a piece to build the crystal - its a stellar set. My favorite is Aughra!

I look forward to hearing news about the Garthim & Kira sets December release, which I will rush out to buy as soon as its available.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Mystic Master wrote:I have to praise Reis and the team at Funko for producing the Dark Crystal line of Reaction figures. I found them today, and the attention to detail is second to none. I love how each comes with an accessory and a piece to build the crystal - its a stellar set. My favorite is Aughra!

I look forward to hearing news about the Garthim & Kira sets December release, which I will rush out to buy as soon as its available.

Were did you find the Dark Crystal line of Reaction figures? I am looking at every comic book store in the NYC area and at every Toys R Us, came out empty handed.\

Update: I went out tonight to my local comic book store and they had Jen, Kira, and Aughra. Mr. Reis and the Team at Funko did a wonderful job. My kids are loving these figures, especially my daughter, who with patience are enjoying the figures with a joy that can make a father very happy.

Thank you very much for producing the best ReAction figures of the whole line.

hellhippie

Postby hellhippie » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 pm

I picked up the bloody Jason off of ebay .was this an unannounced variant . are any other bloody monsters going to get made . im a horror maniac and need more ... any plans ??

Super7

Postby Super7 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 pm

hellhippie wrote:I picked up the bloody Jason off of ebay .was this an unannounced variant . are any other bloody monsters going to get made . im a horror maniac and need more ... any plans ??

Bloody Jason was our NYCC 2016 Exclusive

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:21 pm

I am sure that you can all identify with how hard it is to wait for new figures. I guess that is part of the excitement but...COME ON!
Am I right?

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:04 am

If there were exorcist figures ( regan regular, regan possessed, father karas, the mom) they would sell like crazy I bet! Any chance of this happening?

dejavu72678

Postby dejavu72678 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Will Super7 do what reaction can't and get the license to make the classic V figures??? Classic V and the last starfighter, two lines that had protypes, from the 80s but we're never made. If the theme for reaction and super7 retro figs doesn't fit these lines then nothing does!!

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:19 pm

dejavu72678 wrote:Will Super7 do what reaction can't and get the license to make the classic V figures??? Classic V and the last starfighter, two lines that had protypes, from the 80s but we're never made. If the theme for reaction and super7 retro figs doesn't fit these lines then nothing does!!

Oh man, I would loooooooove for those Last Starfighter figures to finally get a release. That was another movie that I loved as a kid and it bummed me out there were no toys for it. Like the Aviva DC line, it wasn't until years later that I found out they almost were made.

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:59 am

V &Last Starfighter are my #1&2 on my list,I've been harping on it a few years now,I used to be so excited for the future of reaction when I believed the concept of MAKING FIGURES THAT WERE NEVER MADE,it seemed exciting to me,making out want lists and such,but the past year has killed it for me,hats off to super 7 for pumping out motu 3 3/4 figs,Reis needs to be top dog in funko decisions,if the other funko stuff sells so great,compared to reaction,then they can afford to take a chance once in a while on some reaction wants,or raise the price to $20,we're not all poor.
I'd pay $20 easy for some V&Last starfighter(if they ever get licenses),even Stand by me,warriors,or the outsiders.

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:03 am

I mean DARK CRYSTAL?! Dark Crystal is worth a risk,but THE THING or FRIGHT NIGHT (85) isn't? Fuggeddaboudit.

Idpullthecurtain 1

Postby Idpullthecurtain 1 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi Reis,
Thanks for the E.T. figures. Amazing work mate, they look great!
Q Is there a plan for other single carded figures or is the 3 pack and the EE E.T. all you are doing?
Thanks for your time.

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Guess it is to late to hope for Addams Family this year?
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

BarnabyJones

Postby BarnabyJones » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Any chance on the Golden Girls being reissued? I wanted to get them but I didn't know I had to go to NYCC :(

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Does Reis still work at Funko? It's been a long time since he posted...

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Mr. Reis,

Again FUNKO and your team made another line for the kids, E.T. and that is great news for my children. They love Dark Crystal and are misty eyes with the ReAction E.T. figures. My kids are happy so is time to save more money to buy these wonderful figures.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.......

Just one question, what ReAction lines will come out before or in the month of December?

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Adambseven wrote:Does Reis still work at Funko? It's been a long time since he posted...

Perhaps he is on vacation or simply busy trying to organize some of these releases? The NYCC exclusives seem to be drawing a lot of attention, but the biggest issue is availability. The demand isn't anywhere near met for the Golden Girls set which sold out quickly on Targets website after the convention, and the Dark Crystal Kira & Garthim hasn't even been offered outside the con yet. Its expected next month, but the only question that remain is - where? I asked TRU and the music store where I bought the basic Dark Crystal figures, and nobody knows yet...

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 am

Based on his Instagram posts, I think he's in China.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:22 pm

I have to say that I bought all the Dark Crystal figures, except Garthim & Kira, and the detail design of the figures in my opinion make them the best line in ReAction.

I know that a few ReAction lines have been cancelled but I hope that Conan the Barbarian is not cancelled and that it will have the same intricate detail as the Dark Crystal line, so please Reis can you give us hope?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:11 pm

So, what does this mean for all the lines currently announced? Conan?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=345&itemid=27659

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:01 pm

It means that this is why Reid has been ignoring us and why the golden girls had such a short run.

StarTourist

Postby StarTourist » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Does this spell doom for the third wave of Nightmare Before Christmas figures? Or is there a chance that Super 7 would do them?

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:52 pm

Reis,

I know you are seeing our concern at this announcement , will you please give us one last post to update on releases and super 7?
It's not cool to just walk out on us like my dad did to me.

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:28 am

Reis has been great about answering questions, and giving us honest answers, so I hope to see him return as well. With that recent Super7 announcement, I hope nothing is now in limbo after already being confirmed. The Dark Crystal Kira & Garthim set is due out next month, so hopefully fans aren't left hanging...

Adambseven

Postby Adambseven » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Reis indicated on instagram that the ET release will be the final reaction under funko.Its in the comments section. Of the millennium falcon picture post.

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Adambseven wrote:Reis indicated on instagram that the ET release will be the final reaction under funko.Its in the comments section. Of the millennium falcon picture post.

I'll quote that exchange, for anyone that wants to read it:

====

"joeyjohnson777: Will the reaction figures previously announced still be released by funko? I am concerned with the super 7 development

reisobrien: @joeyjohnson777 No. E.T. will be our final release. Sorry!"

====

I certainly hope this doesn't mean the Dark Crystal Kira & Garthim set will no longer be released, considering the timetable, it should already be produced and likely even on its way to distributors if it is indeed being sold next month. If that item were shelved, all my Funko purchases would come to an immediate halt.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:33 pm

Adambseven wrote:Hi Reis,
Are you able to comment on the Addams family figures? They sounded like a go for a while there and now it sounds like they may go the way of Chucky...cancelled. Can you tell us the status?
Adam

Yeah, sorry, Addams Family (along with all of our previously listed upcoming figures) have been cancelled.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Adambseven wrote:Does Reis still work at Funko? It's been a long time since he posted...

I hope I do. I mean, I'm sitting at my desk and no one has told me to leave yet... ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Hey gang, just to answer some questions;

Yes, Super 7 is taking over ReAction from here on out. I couldn't answer any questions until the deal was finalized.

Basically, this means that anything we may have previously listed as upcoming has been cancelled.

As for what Super 7 may have planned, I have no idea. They will have to go through their own channels in order to obtain new licenses for ReAction. At this point, Funko is no longer involved in any ReAction production or distribution.

On a personal note, we are very proud of what we've done with ReAction over the past few years and I'll always looks back on this project as one of my personal highlights. The amount of things we've learned from this is staggering.

Funko is NOT out of the action figure game by any means. We have tons of new action figure projects planned. But we are completely done with the ReAction game and the E.T. 3-pack will be our final release.

I sincerely thank you all for the support and have no fear that Super 7 will continue to benefit from the devotion you have all shown the ReAction line.

Cheers!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Mystic Master wrote:
Adambseven wrote:Reis indicated on instagram that the ET release will be the final reaction under funko.Its in the comments section. Of the millennium falcon picture post.

I'll quote that exchange, for anyone that wants to read it:

====

"joeyjohnson777: Will the reaction figures previously announced still be released by funko? I am concerned with the super 7 development

reisobrien: @joeyjohnson777 No. E.T. will be our final release. Sorry!"

====

I certainly hope this doesn't mean the Dark Crystal Kira & Garthim set will no longer be released, considering the timetable, it should already be produced and likely even on its way to distributors if it is indeed being sold next month. If that item were shelved, all my Funko purchases would come to an immediate halt.

Don't worry, the Garthim reorders are still happening! Everybody just take a deep breath. ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:48 pm

skinny_puppy123 wrote:Based on his Instagram posts, I think he's in China.

You are correct. Japan, China, Vietnam and Hong Kong in 9 days! So I've been a little out of contact. :)

ImageImage

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:31 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:Hey gang, just to answer some questions;

Yes, Super 7 is taking over ReAction from here on out. I couldn't answer any questions until the deal was finalized.

Basically, this means that anything we may have previously listed as upcoming has been cancelled.

As for what Super 7 may have planned, I have no idea. They will have to go through their own channels in order to obtain new licenses for ReAction. At this point, Funko is no longer involved in any ReAction production or distribution.

On a personal note, we are very proud of what we've done with ReAction over the past few years and I'll always looks back on this project as one of my personal highlights. The amount of things we've learned from this is staggering.

Funko is NOT out of the action figure game by any means. We have tons of new action figure projects planned. But we are completely done with the ReAction game and the E.T. 3-pack will be our final release.

I sincerely thank you all for the support and have no fear that Super 7 will continue to benefit from the devotion you have all shown the ReAction line.

Cheers!

Reis, thanks for your updates and constant interaction with us. It's made collecting this line a lot more fun. Thanks to you guys, I now have action figures I only dreamed of as a kid: The Dark Crystal!!!, Back to the Future, Goonies, Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, and yes, even The Golden Girls. I'm now a Funko fan and look forward to what you guys have coming in the future.

:headbang:

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:57 am

Cosmic_Cow wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:Hey gang, just to answer some questions;

Cheers!

Reis, thanks for your updates and constant interaction with us. It's made collecting this line a lot more fun. Thanks to you guys, I now have action figures I only dreamed of as a kid: The Dark Crystal!!!, Back to the Future, Goonies, Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, and yes, even The Golden Girls. I'm now a Funko fan and look forward to what you guys have coming in the future.

:headbang:

No, thank YOU for all the support! :)

ImageImage

StarTourist

Postby StarTourist » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Hey Reis, would it be possible for you guys to continue the Nightmare Before Christmas line under a new title and/or new packaging? I noticed that the sculpts for wave 2 were more modern style than Reaction style (no complaints, they are awesome). Was that intentional as a way to keep the line going without the Reaction branding?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:54 pm

StarTourist wrote:Hey Reis, would it be possible for you guys to continue the Nightmare Before Christmas line under a new title and/or new packaging? I noticed that the sculpts for wave 2 were more modern style than Reaction style (no complaints, they are awesome). Was that intentional as a way to keep the line going without the Reaction branding?

Unfortunately, no. We have no plans to continue the NBX figures in any form. Sorry!

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Mr. Reis,

Thank you for patiently answering our questions and supporting lines that my children and I dreamed about. We have been a fan of ReAction when we heard that Dark Crystal is coming out in ReAction. You made our dreams come into reality. Thank you Reis, your exceptional team and FUNKO.

Just disappointed that Conan the Barbarian did not come out in ReAction, but can it be a possibility for the 9POA line?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:55 pm

I'll certainly throw in my bate for Conan the Barbarian as a 9 POA Funko Action Figure!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Vote ( Darn iPhone! )

Return to “Action Figures”