Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
kassle

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby kassle » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:34 am

Def could get some killer figs:
Cersei
Jaime
King Joffrey
Margaery
Ser Loras

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:40 am

Jocelyn wrote:I'm also for King's Landing! And I am wondering, where are we most likely to find the GoT 9PoA figures? Over the weekend I checked my two local comic stores, Barnes' and Noble, and FYE but haven't found them. Is buying them online going to be the main option for most people?

Not sure about that. I just design 'em. ;) But I know people are finding them at Game Stop right now.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 am

Hey gang, in an effort to keep this thread strictly about ReAction, I've started a new thread for the 9POA figures. Direct all questions concerning that line over there. Thanks!

ImageImage

hellhippie

Postby hellhippie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:40 am

when are the july figures being released??

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Reis, the Aliens Ripley Power Loader and Queen are down for release in September. Is this true, then what caused it to slip from June?

48 Hours
Maybe a better fit for PoP! ?

Abyss,The

Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

An American Werewolf in London

Beetlejuice-
Already PoP!, but a ReAction fit?

Beverly Hills Cop

Blade Runner
Is there a licensing issue?

Cobra
possible PoP! ?

Die Hard

Evil Dead, The

Fletch
possible PoP! ?

Fly, The

Fright Night

Hitcher, The

Krull
First time watching it and loved it.

Labyrinth
Licensing issue?

Lost Boys, The

Monster Squad, The
Possible PoP!

Never ending Story, The

Police Academy
Possible PoP!

RoboCop

They Live

Thing, The

Out of that list how many would Funko consider to hit the target of buyers if licensing isn't an issue with ReAction going back to a retro line? I havent mentioned any Arnie ones as you have said previously his fee is an issue.
Last edited by Terminator fan 101 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

480pc limited PoP!s

hellhippie

Postby hellhippie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:06 am

are super 7 like he man figures and reaction figures the same line? im wondering why the he man black and white wave says super 7?

the_Archivist

Postby the_Archivist » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:45 pm

hellhippie wrote:are super 7 like he man figures and reaction figures the same line? im wondering why the he man black and white wave says super 7?

No they are not the same line.
Long story short.
Super7 had the idea and presented it to Funko.
Funko said no thanks so S7 made them on their own.
ReAction Checklist : http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=ReAction

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:03 pm

In SDCC 2016, will we see some new ReAction figures that would come out in the year 2016?

Also, I would not go to SDCC 2016. How can I get my hands on two or four of the exclusive Jen with Landstrider?

Monty Moonlight

Postby Monty Moonlight » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Well, I know there is a thread for what we'd like to see from the Reaction line, but this is the thread we know you Funko guys look at. I posted my huge list in the Wish List thread, but really quickly here, just wanted to say that I agree with a lot of the Reaction suggestions others have made, some particular faves would be Monster Squad, Neverending Story, Fright Night, An American Werewolf in London, Quantum Leap, They Live, Harry and the Hendersons, Santa Claus the Movie, Spaceballs, Labyrinth, and movie musicals like Annie and Popeye, among others. I'm also sure a lot of my top picks would not sell well (would love Cloak and Dagger figurers from the Henry Thomas, Dabney Coleman movie, and also figs on every sort of Disney subject you can imagine, ha), but I think the majority of those definitely would. In that spirit though, any official-ish comments on the possibilities of the following (and any of the previously mentioned)?

Teen Wolf (80's style, of course, and/or the 80's animated series)
Hocus Pocus (and more Disney in general, maybe even including really oldschool stuff, but I know most wouldn't be considered popular enough)
A possible look at animated subjects, maybe emulating the Ewoks/Droids figures or the bulkier TMNT and He-Man lines
Not necessarily playsets, but vehicles and larger characters (like the Jaws and upcoming Dark Crystal stuff). There are a lot of helpful suggestions on cars you can mix and match with these, but they are never perfect fits. An official Reaction Back to the Future Time Machine would be so cool, and I'm so psyched about Bill and Ted, but they gotta have a phone booth. Even the old animated series figs had a phone booth. Those things go for high prices on Ebay now. Too high. At least, last I checked. Would love to see (classic) Pete's Dragon reaction stuff, but that would require a big Elliott fig.

Anyway, so happy you are doing Addams Family! Never have been able to get a good Wednesday figure. Maybe you could do the movie versions someday too, ha. I was so annoyed that they didn't make the Wednesday figure for the animated series in the 90's. Just the prototype. Speaking of, so heartbroken that they Katie figure from Gremlins wasn't made. Love that line and the Goonies and Back to the Future figs. I don't know how popular they were, but how I would love a Gremlins wave 2 with Katie (if that could ever be worked out) and more Gremlins, ha. Maybe the old Chinese man with the box for Gizmo. Also really sad about not getting that sweet Athena (modern day) fig from Tomorrowland. Yes, I liked that movie and love the reaction figures. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and amazing toy lines. At the moment, I selectively collect Reaction, Pop and have 2 Legacy figures. I'd like to get a couple more from Game of Thrones, but I don't have HBO, so I don't really even see the show, I just think Daenerys (sp?) is really hot (I have one of her, and I have the Rocketeer), and Tyrion is pretty cool. I'm not sure if I got those names right. Gotta get that show on bluray sometime. I love the Legacy line, but not a ton of subject matter in it I'm into yet. Would love any of the characters on my reaction wish list to be done as Legacy figs. Especially classic Teen Wolf, Hocus Pocus, and more Disney in general, ha.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:09 pm

hellhippie wrote:when are the july figures being released??

Not exactly sure. I was under the impression that the Ripley/Power Loader would drop around SDCC.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Terminator fan 101 wrote:Reis, the Aliens Ripley Power Loader and Queen are down for release in September. Is this true, then what caused it to slip from June?

48 Hours
Maybe a better fit for PoP! ?

Abyss,The

Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

An American Werewolf in London

Beetlejuice-
Already PoP!, but a ReAction fit?

Beverly Hills Cop

Blade Runner
Is there a licensing issue?

Cobra
possible PoP! ?

Die Hard

Evil Dead, The

Fletch
possible PoP! ?

Fly, The

Fright Night

Hitcher, The

Krull
First time watching it and loved it.

Labyrinth
Licensing issue?

Lost Boys, The

Monster Squad, The
Possible PoP!

Never ending Story, The

Police Academy
Possible PoP!

RoboCop

They Live

Thing, The

Out of that list how many would Funko consider to hit the target of buyers if licensing isn't an issue with ReAction going back to a retro line? I havent mentioned any Arnie ones as you have said previously his fee is an issue.

We had some delays at the factory. It'll be shipping to retail on August 1st, should be in stores shortly thereafter. Best place to find it will be TRU or EE.

Any of those would be possible, but many are a little too niche, but there's no point in speculating. The list we released a couple of months ago are all we are focusing on for now.

Also, let's try to not let this thread turn into a wishlist. We have a separate thread for that, which I do check! :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:18 pm

hellhippie wrote:are super 7 like he man figures and reaction figures the same line? im wondering why the he man black and white wave says super 7?

Funko has nothing to do with the MOTU figures from Super7 and they are not ReAction figures.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:20 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:In SDCC 2016, will we see some new ReAction figures that would come out in the year 2016?

Also, I would not go to SDCC 2016. How can I get my hands on two or four of the exclusive Jen with Landstrider?

No plans to show any upcoming ReAction figures at SDCC. We always save that for Toy Fair.

The Jen/Landstrider set will be a shared exclusive, so it will hit retail as a "Summer Exclusive". Not sure where, though.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Monty Moonlight wrote:Well, I know there is a thread for what we'd like to see from the Reaction line, but this is the thread we know you Funko guys look at. I posted my huge list in the Wish List thread, but really quickly here, just wanted to say that I agree with a lot of the Reaction suggestions others have made, some particular faves would be Monster Squad, Neverending Story, Fright Night, An American Werewolf in London, Quantum Leap, They Live, Harry and the Hendersons, Santa Claus the Movie, Spaceballs, Labyrinth, and movie musicals like Annie and Popeye, among others. I'm also sure a lot of my top picks would not sell well (would love Cloak and Dagger figurers from the Henry Thomas, Dabney Coleman movie, and also figs on every sort of Disney subject you can imagine, ha), but I think the majority of those definitely would. In that spirit though, any official-ish comments on the possibilities of the following (and any of the previously mentioned)?

Teen Wolf (80's style, of course, and/or the 80's animated series)
Hocus Pocus (and more Disney in general, maybe even including really oldschool stuff, but I know most wouldn't be considered popular enough)
A possible look at animated subjects, maybe emulating the Ewoks/Droids figures or the bulkier TMNT and He-Man lines
Not necessarily playsets, but vehicles and larger characters (like the Jaws and upcoming Dark Crystal stuff). There are a lot of helpful suggestions on cars you can mix and match with these, but they are never perfect fits. An official Reaction Back to the Future Time Machine would be so cool, and I'm so psyched about Bill and Ted, but they gotta have a phone booth. Even the old animated series figs had a phone booth. Those things go for high prices on Ebay now. Too high. At least, last I checked. Would love to see (classic) Pete's Dragon reaction stuff, but that would require a big Elliott fig.

Anyway, so happy you are doing Addams Family! Never have been able to get a good Wednesday figure. Maybe you could do the movie versions someday too, ha. I was so annoyed that they didn't make the Wednesday figure for the animated series in the 90's. Just the prototype. Speaking of, so heartbroken that they Katie figure from Gremlins wasn't made. Love that line and the Goonies and Back to the Future figs. I don't know how popular they were, but how I would love a Gremlins wave 2 with Katie (if that could ever be worked out) and more Gremlins, ha. Maybe the old Chinese man with the box for Gizmo. Also really sad about not getting that sweet Athena (modern day) fig from Tomorrowland. Yes, I liked that movie and love the reaction figures. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and amazing toy lines. At the moment, I selectively collect Reaction, Pop and have 2 Legacy figures. I'd like to get a couple more from Game of Thrones, but I don't have HBO, so I don't really even see the show, I just think Daenerys (sp?) is really hot (I have one of her, and I have the Rocketeer), and Tyrion is pretty cool. I'm not sure if I got those names right. Gotta get that show on bluray sometime. I love the Legacy line, but not a ton of subject matter in it I'm into yet. Would love any of the characters on my reaction wish list to be done as Legacy figs. Especially classic Teen Wolf, Hocus Pocus, and more Disney in general, ha.

Just to be clear, I do read the wishlist and take note of what licenses come up often. So there's no need to reiterate the lists here. I'd rather not comment on any "possibilities". I mean, anything is possible. As mentioned before, we are only focusing on the list we released a little while back. Once we're close to being done with that, we'll start to think about 2017.

ImageImage

Monty Moonlight

Postby Monty Moonlight » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:26 am

Sorry if that was a bothersome post. I'm very new here and there are a lot of pages to go through. :) I mainly asked about possibilities because some subjects seem popular with the general public, at least as popular as others or having a sudden popularity surge, yet they have never been merchandised, which always makes me wonder if merchandising those subjects is too mired in legal issues and confusion about ownership and such. Teen Wolf is just one example on that front. Definitely though, those were just a very tiny fraction of my list that I was particularly curious about in terms of whether or not they've been tossed around at meetings or whatever, as I've seen that question answered here before.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Monty Moonlight wrote:Sorry if that was a bothersome post. I'm very new here and there are a lot of pages to go through. :) I mainly asked about possibilities because some subjects seem popular with the general public, at least as popular as others or having a sudden popularity surge, yet they have never been merchandised, which always makes me wonder if merchandising those subjects is too mired in legal issues and confusion about ownership and such. Teen Wolf is just one example on that front. Definitely though, those were just a very tiny fraction of my list that I was particularly curious about in terms of whether or not they've been tossed around at meetings or whatever, as I've seen that question answered here before.

No plans for Teen Wolf figures, sorry.

I'd posted this a couple of weeks ago to help people understand why we make what we make and perhaps why we're not making what they personally want.

Here's a few things to keep in mind:

1. Yes, you may be hearing a "ton of people" saying they want X ReAction figures, but that's because you're traveling in that particular circle. Of course everyone on the X fan forum say they want figures, they're X fans! And they've gathered all in one relatively small space. This is often called "selection bias". We do pay attention to those outlets, but we also have to look at the bigger picture. For example, I'm a massive Dukes of Hazzard fan and I'd love nothing more than to make every single character on that show in ReAction form, including a Boar's Nest playset and a General Lee. But I also know that as a whole, the toy buying fan base for that show just isn't that huge, although sometimes I feel like it is when I spend too much time chatting with my Dukes homies.

2. Just because something has a huge fan base, doesn't mean that it's a "toy buying" fan base. Look at it like this; Let's say X movie has 100,000 fans in the US. Almost 20 years of being in the collectibles business has shown us that only about 20% of that fan base are interested in buying collectibles based on X. That's 20,000 people. And out of that 20,000, we've learned that only about 50% are interested in buying toys based on X (the others stick with t-shirts, coffee mugs, framed art, etc.). That leaves us with 10,000, our target demographic. Out of that 10,000 only about half of them are interested in retro-styled figures based on X. That leaves us 5,0000. And then there's always 100 different reasons why any one of those 5,000 people may choose to buy the figures or not buy them. Maybe they don't have the money at that time, or the packaging wasn't how they imagined it would be, or whatever. So you see, even when it's a "big" license, we still only have a shot at a fraction of that fan base when selling a relatively niche line of toys, and it's our job to do our best to inspire that small fraction to commit to buying these figures, maybe even bust past that small fraction if we're lucky. (All of this is just an example and not truly that black and white, but it gives you the general idea.)

3. The Zeitgeist. For whatever reason, there is always that weird "something in the air" that causes a sudden fan fever out of nowhere. Part of our job is trying to detect that and strike while the iron is hot. Take Golden Girls for example. For whatever reason, Betty White is a massive celebrity with the Millennials (just look up the campaign that was launched to get her to host SNL), and Golden Girls is still running in syndication to this day, with a pretty high viewership. Also, the idea of Golden Girls figures is just funny to us and we think it'll be funny to buyers as well. So when you're left scratching your head on a license we choose, believe me, there's a reason we've chosen it.

4. Us making one particular line doesn't mean that the one you were hoping for got "bumped off the list". Battlestar Galactica didn't get bumped because of Golden Girls. Even if we weren't doing Golden Girls, BSG still would have been put on the back burner, for many various reasons.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Answer #3 has me in fear that Pokémon is about to suddenly grab all of Funko's design team to fill demand for product! :-k

Terminator fan 101

Postby Terminator fan 101 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Reis, is it true Super7 are making a He-Man reboot with a feature length episode The Curse Of The Three Terrors?

480pc limited PoP!s

Otter

Postby Otter » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:42 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
There aren't any images of the other figures ready to release just yet. You can see some pics of early outputs in the interview Nneenna and I did with Action Figure Insider.

I don't know why it took me so long to look up that interview, but seriously, those figures look awesome! Nneenna has done an incredible job! I was going to be content to just track down the landstrider two-pack (not going to the Con), but now I want them all. I am ecstatic that there will also be a Garthim! And I love that the Mystic you have done is urSol, the counterpart to skekSil (the Chamberlain, the main Skeksis antagonist that's also part of the lineup (for the benefit of readers unfamiliar with the story)). That wasn't the case with the Aviva figures (insofar as I can tell), and I think that kind of attention to detail demonstrates the Funko family's passion for this project. Hopefully this line goes gangbusters and we see some more Mystic/Skeksis pairings in the future.

I know NECA get a lot of credit for interacting with their fans, but you, sir, are likewise doing a bang-up job.

Thank you so much.

Wait, there's no question in here...

... How well will the paint applications on the production pieces match those of the prototypes? There seems to be a more sophisticated application to match the more sophisticated sculpts. Would that be fair to say?

Seriously, tremendous job. Thank you.

Idpullthecurtain 1

Postby Idpullthecurtain 1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:25 am

Hi Reis,
Do you know what the packaging is going to be like for E.T. and BTTF II?
I mean will there be character photos on the front or just a generic film image?

Its a real deal breaker for me and some advance info would be awesome.
Thanks.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:48 am

bgiles73 wrote:Answer #3 has me in fear that Pokémon is about to suddenly grab all of Funko's design team to fill demand for product! :-k

If we could get the Pokemon license, this would have happened years ago. Still trying...

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:49 am

Terminator fan 101 wrote:Reis, is it true Super7 are making a He-Man reboot with a feature length episode The Curse Of The Three Terrors?

No idea. That's a Super7 thing. We're not involved at all.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:52 am

Otter wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:
There aren't any images of the other figures ready to release just yet. You can see some pics of early outputs in the interview Nneenna and I did with Action Figure Insider.

I don't know why it took me so long to look up that interview, but seriously, those figures look awesome! Nneenna has done an incredible job! I was going to be content to just track down the landstrider two-pack (not going to the Con), but now I want them all. I am ecstatic that there will also be a Garthim! And I love that the Mystic you have done is urSol, the counterpart to skekSil (the Chamberlain, the main Skeksis antagonist that's also part of the lineup (for the benefit of readers unfamiliar with the story)). That wasn't the case with the Aviva figures (insofar as I can tell), and I think that kind of attention to detail demonstrates the Funko family's passion for this project. Hopefully this line goes gangbusters and we see some more Mystic/Skeksis pairings in the future.

I know NECA get a lot of credit for interacting with their fans, but you, sir, are likewise doing a bang-up job.

Thank you so much.

Wait, there's no question in here...

... How well will the paint applications on the production pieces match those of the prototypes? There seems to be a more sophisticated application to match the more sophisticated sculpts. Would that be fair to say?

Seriously, tremendous job. Thank you.

Yeah, you could say that. I know we're breaking a lot of the "ReAction rules" with this line, but I don't care. We've been wanting these figures forever, so we're not going to miss the opportunity to make them as amazing as we can. Sure, they still need to feel "retro", but we also was them to be beautiful.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:55 am

Idpullthecurtain 1 wrote:Hi Reis,
I mean will there be character photos on the front or just a generic film image?

Thanks.

Depends on the licensor. Not sure if they have licensing rights for actors' likenesses on the cardbacks for E.T. We'll find out soon.

BTTF II will most likely have to be generic cards, as they don't allow actor likenesses on packaging for these movies.

Sorry that's a deal breaker for you. But that's how the business works.

ImageImage

Idpullthecurtain 1

Postby Idpullthecurtain 1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:59 am

ReisOBrien wrote:

Thanks.

Depends on the licensor. Not sure if they have licensing rights for actors' likenesses on the cardbacks for E.T. We'll find out soon.

BTTF II will most likely have to be generic cards, as they don't allow actor likenesses on packaging for these movies.

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. I understand.

Well if there is no actors on the cardbacks I really hope you will go for an actual movie poster, the E.T. one with the moon maybe? (like Gremlins) rather than the original BTTF time machine packaging.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Idpullthecurtain 1 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. I understand.

Well if there is no actors on the cardbacks I really hope you will go for an actual movie poster, the E.T. one with the moon maybe? (like Gremlins) rather than the original BTTF time machine packaging.

Again, that depends on the licensor and what approved assets they have available for us. It's clear that the BTTF packaging is bugging you. But understand that if that's all the licensor gives us to work with, that's what we have to work with. We tried to get the movie poster approved, but since it depicted the likeness of two actors who are famous for not liking their liknesses used in product, it couldn't be approved. They sent me a picture of a Delorean, a logo, and that's it. We did the best we could.

I've said this before but it bears repeating; we will ALWAYS use actor likenesses on cardbacks when we can. If you don't see shots of the actual characters from the movies on the cardbacks, there's a reason why we were denied that.

ImageImage

Toynerd92

Postby Toynerd92 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:39 am

I'm so stupid excited for The Golden Girls Reaction figures :D Like a year ago I was telling somebody how cool that would be but never expected it to happen, so I'm quite pleased!

Do you know if they are going to be shown soon? And does funko still have the license for Kill Bill? I always thought that they'd make for neat retro-ish figures.

Idpullthecurtain 1

Postby Idpullthecurtain 1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:40 am

ReisOBrien wrote:

Again, that depends on the licensor and what approved assets they have available for us. It's clear that the BTTF packaging is bugging you. But understand that if that's all the licensor gives us to work with, that's what we have to work with. We tried to get the movie poster approved, but since it depicted the likeness of two actors who are famous for not liking their liknesses used in product, it couldn't be approved. They sent me a picture of a Delorean, a logo, and that's it. We did the best we could.

I've said this before but it bears repeating; we will ALWAYS use actor likenesses on cardbacks when we can. If you don't see shots of the actual characters from the movies on the cardbacks, there's a reason why we were denied that.

Hi Reis,
Thanks for your response. Great to know how it works.
Yeah I didnt care for the BTTF packaging, but thats just me personally, and now I understand that you didnt have any choice with it, it makes sense.
I am sure you will do a great job anyway with future waves. Thanks for the info.

Q any chance you could hint at some E.T. figures that will make the lineup? Or even how many will be in the wave? Thanks in advance.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Idpullthecurtain 1 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Hi Reis,
Thanks for your response. Great to know how it works.
Yeah I didnt care for the BTTF packaging, but thats just me personally, and now I understand that you didnt have any choice with it, it makes sense.
I am sure you will do a great job anyway with future waves. Thanks for the info.

Q any chance you could hint at some E.T. figures that will make the lineup? Or even how many will be in the wave? Thanks in advance.

You'll see Elliott, Gertie and a couple of different versions of E.T.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Toynerd92 wrote:I'm so stupid excited for The Golden Girls Reaction figures :D Like a year ago I was telling somebody how cool that would be but never expected it to happen, so I'm quite pleased!

Do you know if they are going to be shown soon? And does funko still have the license for Kill Bill? I always thought that they'd make for neat retro-ish figures.

I don't think we do have the Kill Bill license anymore.

ImageImage

dejavu72678

Postby dejavu72678 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Where's the last starfighter!!!! Those never produced galoob figures would be sweet! I know V is dead but it bears repeating: V.

Monty Moonlight

Postby Monty Moonlight » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:21 am

I'm very confused by this Super 7 thing. Is that a competing toy company doing similar figures?

dejavu72678, I would LOVE Last Starfighter figures too. I see people talk a lot about the V line being canceled. Is that V for Vendetta or V the old alien invasion miniseries and TV series of the 80's? I would LOVE a line of the old miniseries, ha. Always so badly wanted the toys they showed being played with in the movie!

Is it known which characters we will see in the Addams Family line? I'm really psyched for that one in particular. Thanks!

Otter

Postby Otter » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:28 am

My local e-tailer that has stocked the summer convention exclusives is yet to list the Landstrider. The tell me they will be getting it in. Do you have any idea how much longer I might have to wait? Watching the prices on the secondary market after SDCC makes me nervous.

I can't wait to see more Dark Crystal figures. I'm all in based on the strength of the Landstrider reveal alone.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:09 pm

Monty Moonlight wrote:I'm very confused by this Super 7 thing. Is that a competing toy company doing similar figures?

dejavu72678, I would LOVE Last Starfighter figures too. I see people talk a lot about the V line being canceled. Is that V for Vendetta or V the old alien invasion miniseries and TV series of the 80's? I would LOVE a line of the old miniseries, ha. Always so badly wanted the toys they showed being played with in the movie!

Is it known which characters we will see in the Addams Family line? I'm really psyched for that one in particular. Thanks!

Super7 is their own company doing their own thing.

Yes, V from the 80s. And yes, it is cancelled.

I haven't finalized the list of who we'll see in the Addams Family set, but I imagine it'll be the main family.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Otter wrote:My local e-tailer that has stocked the summer convention exclusives is yet to list the Landstrider. The tell me they will be getting it in. Do you have any idea how much longer I might have to wait? Watching the prices on the secondary market after SDCC makes me nervous.

I can't wait to see more Dark Crystal figures. I'm all in based on the strength of the Landstrider reveal alone.

I can't speak for retail outlets' timing on their releases, sorry. I do know that it's a TRU shared exclusive, so you should check their website.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Mr. Reis,
Do you how much longer before we get the other Dark Crystal action figures in retail?

Also, when are we going to see some pictures from the other ReAction lines that was mentioned in 2016?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:27 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,
Do you how much longer before we get the other Dark Crystal action figures in retail?

Also, when are we going to see some pictures from the other ReAction lines that was mentioned in 2016?

Not sure when the other DC figures hit retail. Soon-ish. We're waiting on seeing final paints from the factory.

You'll see pics as soon as we can get them done. We're a little behind schedule at the moment, but trying to catch up.

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Mr. Reis,

I am going to NYCC and wanted to know if FUNKO ReAction will have an exclusive as they did SDCC? I hope is what I am thinking!

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Just saw pictures of the new Nightmare Before Christmas figures for series 2!!! They look wonderful!
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

StarTourist

Postby StarTourist » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 pm

I just saw the new Nightmare Before Christmas figures. Pre-ordered the whole wave. Oogie, Werewolf, and Clown were all figures I had ruled out due to their size. I'm so happy you're doing them! They are beautiful. I gotta ask though, what about Lock? I figured he and Shock were safe bets for this wave, but we only got her. Is it safe to assume that a third wave is in the works?

Return to “Action Figures”