Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Omegacity

Re: Your ReAction Questions Answered Here!

Postby Omegacity » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi Reis,
I can appreciate that you are not able to discuss any new lines that may be coming out.
For the new product coming out this Fall and Winter, are there any new lines or will they just be additions to existing lines?
Is the new direction of Reaction going to be more focused on movies than TV or a mix of both properties?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:45 am

Omegacity wrote:Hi Reis,
I can appreciate that you are not able to discuss any new lines that may be coming out.
For the new product coming out this Fall and Winter, are there any new lines or will they just be additions to existing lines?
Is the new direction of Reaction going to be more focused on movies than TV or a mix of both properties?

There will be new lines coming out this fall!

2016 will see a mix of TV and movies.

The only major changes you all can expect is no more modern licenses, a more streamlined selection and hopefully a more spread out release schedule.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 am

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions! Excited to see where the reaction path leads.
Got Pixie Dust?

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:11 pm

personal question:Of the different looks that jason voorhees had throughout the friday the 13th movies,is there any look that u thought was the coolest? (the one we have now looks very part 3,my fav of the series)I'm a big fan of the horror movies,my apologies if this is a weird question..

nickytea

Postby nickytea » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:56 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
nickytea wrote:
Unfortunately, that figure has been cancelled. Sorry. :(

No worries, thanks for letting us know.
If you guys are ever able to let a prototype out, or even prelim design mocks, I ... uh ... know a guy who would really appreciate it. ;)

CRM

Postby CRM » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 pm

What about a Galaxy Quest line?

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Everyone, What brand and model of stand fits ReAction figures? I just got some ProTech ones that don't fit (the pegs are too big for the foot hole).

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:03 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
VulcansFury wrote:Shouldn't we have seen the october solicits by now? Are you still planning on new product for that timeframe? (i.e. the Horror and NBX stuff)

Horror and NBX or getting pushed back a bit, while we restructure. But they are coming! The second series of NBX figures are gorgeous! But, sorry, they won't be arriving in time for Halloween.

So excited for more Nightmare Before Christmas!!! Any hints on characters or when we'll see them?
mac-ohhellyes.blogspot.com

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 pm

rylos-22 wrote:personal question:Of the different looks that jason voorhees had throughout the friday the 13th movies,is there any look that u thought was the coolest? (the one we have now looks very part 3,my fav of the series)I'm a big fan of the horror movies,my apologies if this is a weird question..

Part 3 is my favorite look, too! And that's the one we went for in the ReAction figure. But I also dig the "zombie Jason" in Part 6.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm

willbfree wrote:Everyone, What brand and model of stand fits ReAction figures? I just got some ProTech ones that don't fit (the pegs are too big for the foot hole).

I like these a lot.... http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Prod ... gures.html

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm

OhHellYes wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:
VulcansFury wrote:Shouldn't we have seen the october solicits by now? Are you still planning on new product for that timeframe? (i.e. the Horror and NBX stuff)

Horror and NBX or getting pushed back a bit, while we restructure. But they are coming! The second series of NBX figures are gorgeous! But, sorry, they won't be arriving in time for Halloween.

So excited for more Nightmare Before Christmas!!! Any hints on characters or when we'll see them?

Sorry, can't spill the brains... er... I mean, beans... just yet!

ImageImage

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:13 pm

;) ha thanks anyway! Can't wait for them!!!
mac-ohhellyes.blogspot.com

Barbecue17

Postby Barbecue17 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi Reis,

Leatherface looks excellent and I'm really excited for him. Just curious, though: Why was the decision made to give Leatherface unique "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" packaging rather than incorporating the black and red "ReAction Horror Series" packaging that last year's figures had? I love the look of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre card art, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't mesh with what we already have. Can you shed a little light on the design decision? Is this what we can expect in the future for further "one off" horror licenses?

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:37 pm

very good job on Leatherface,can't wait! (I think I'm going to try and come up with a homemade board game for each of these horror figures..like an elm street board game,camp crystal lake,maybe a hospital board game for michael myers(based off the original Halloween 2(1981)..don't know..any kind of roll the dice/avoid the killer game..gonna think about it while at work..

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:55 am

Hey Reis,

With series two of the mystery minis including a Cthulhu mini, would you guys ever do a Cthulhu Re-action? Or is that not going to happen because that other company released one?

Also, what are the odds for each of the horror minis? Or hasn't that been figured out yet. Do you know why it was decided that a case of the horror minis only has 12 boxes? Was it because it makes it more difficult for the collector to get them all? I know part of the fun is randomly buying them from different boxes, but it starts to add up sometimes.

And when you have time, you should post more images of your designs for the minis on your Instagram account. It was really cool seeing the Beetlejuice one.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Barbecue17 wrote:Hi Reis,

Leatherface looks excellent and I'm really excited for him. Just curious, though: Why was the decision made to give Leatherface unique "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" packaging rather than incorporating the black and red "ReAction Horror Series" packaging that last year's figures had? I love the look of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre card art, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't mesh with what we already have. Can you shed a little light on the design decision? Is this what we can expect in the future for further "one off" horror licenses?

Basically, we realized that we didn't have enough new horror characters to fill out a whole new Horror series. Also, the licensor pushed back a little on the original design, so we just decided it was a path of least resistance to give Leatherface a unique card.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:12 pm

skinny_puppy123 wrote:Hey Reis,

With series two of the mystery minis including a Cthulhu mini, would you guys ever do a Cthulhu Re-action? Or is that not going to happen because that other company released one?

Also, what are the odds for each of the horror minis? Or hasn't that been figured out yet. Do you know why it was decided that a case of the horror minis only has 12 boxes? Was it because it makes it more difficult for the collector to get them all? I know part of the fun is randomly buying them from different boxes, but it starts to add up sometimes.

And when you have time, you should post more images of your designs for the minis on your Instagram account. It was really cool seeing the Beetlejuice one.

We talked about making a Cthulhu ReAction figure, but since Warpo already released a beautiful version of their own, we didn't think it was necessary for us to release one as well. Also, it wouldn't be cool to step on their toes. They're doing some killer work, and we have nothing but the utmost respect for them.

I don't want to start answering questions about other Funko lines in this thread, so let's keep this about ReAction. BUT, I will say that I don't really have any info on how they split up the boxes in the Mystery Mini lines. That's just not my department, sorry. But yeah, I'll post more sketches on my IG account whenever the bug bites me. :)

ImageImage

rylos-22

Postby rylos-22 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Reis-do u remember when we were growing up, around Halloween you'd get those lil white bags with the orange&black halloween scenes on them and it would have like 4 or 5 different treats in them and such..have u ever thought of taking that art and using it for a cardback for a line of just trick or treaters(like call it Halloween 1980s/1970s or something),with maybe a kid in a ghost costume,witch costume,robot,etc..? If u type in vintage Halloween treat bags on ebay,alot of those bags are on there,that would be such a nostalgic thing to do..the figures could come with a trick or treat bag,or a dog,black cat,or jack o lantern or something?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:41 pm

rylos-22 wrote:Reis-do u remember when we were growing up, around Halloween you'd get those lil white bags with the orange&black halloween scenes on them and it would have like 4 or 5 different treats in them and such..have u ever thought of taking that art and using it for a cardback for a line of just trick or treaters(like call it Halloween 1980s/1970s or something),with maybe a kid in a ghost costume,witch costume,robot,etc..? If u type in vintage Halloween treat bags on ebay,alot of those bags are on there,that would be such a nostalgic thing to do..the figures could come with a trick or treat bag,or a dog,black cat,or jack o lantern or something?

That's a cute idea, but there's no way we'd get the greenlight on them. We don't have a lot of success with lines that aren't connected to a property with a strong fan base, and seasonal products are just too risky. Still, I like the way you think!

ImageImage

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:43 am

rylos-22 wrote:very good job on Leatherface,can't wait! (I think I'm going to try and come up with a homemade board game for each of these horror figures..like an elm street board game,camp crystal lake,maybe a hospital board game for michael myers(based off the original Halloween 2(1981)..don't know..any kind of roll the dice/avoid the killer game..gonna think about it while at work..

You could kind of base it in the ZOMBIES!!!! game if you have played it. The game is based on escaping Zombie hordes. First the players move then the Zombies move. The players have to do things like get gas and keys of the jeep all while fighting Zombies. Same could be done for Horror stars. For Halloween and a couple other you could modifie a Clue board to be the house that they need to get out of..just some ideas.
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

havok1891

Postby havok1891 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:05 am

When can we hope for an announcement on more Star Trek Reaction figures?

maverick10126

Postby maverick10126 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Reis,

With the announcement that ReAction will be limiting itself to 70's and 80's properties (a good move considering the aesthetic) is there any chance of a new line of 3.75" figures to cover some of these modern properties? A line with more of a modern sculpting aesthetic that's more fitting to the modern properties. For instance, the Firefly figures were great. They looked very 80's and came with some great accessories. But in a way it felt forced. Figures sculpted with an 80's look for a show made in the early 2000's. Now had they been sculpted similar to say late run POTF2 Star Wars figures (like 99/2000 styling after they got rid of all the muscles) it would have felt more fitting.

I guess I'm sad that modern properties wont be done in 3.75" form but at the same time glad they wont be done in a 70/80's style. Just holding out hope the modern properties can have a future in 3.75" format.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:49 pm

maverick10126 wrote:Reis,

With the announcement that ReAction will be limiting itself to 70's and 80's properties (a good move considering the aesthetic) is there any chance of a new line of 3.75" figures to cover some of these modern properties? A line with more of a modern sculpting aesthetic that's more fitting to the modern properties. For instance, the Firefly figures were great. They looked very 80's and came with some great accessories. But in a way it felt forced. Figures sculpted with an 80's look for a show made in the early 2000's. Now had they been sculpted similar to say late run POTF2 Star Wars figures (like 99/2000 styling after they got rid of all the muscles) it would have felt more fitting.

I guess I'm sad that modern properties wont be done in 3.75" form but at the same time glad they wont be done in a 70/80's style. Just holding out hope the modern properties can have a future in 3.75" format.

Stay tuned. You'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)

ImageImage

havok1891

Postby havok1891 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:38 am

Hello Reis,

I've got three things on my mind.

1) The "haunted house" playset, can you tell us if it's sold well enough to justifies the making of any other future playsets? A paper Star Trek Transporter Room would be sweet (for the energized versions of the characters) and of course a bridge would be welcome.

2) Any hope of revealing any more Star Trek Reaction figures? If so, when can we hope to see them or get some hints?

3) What properties in the Funko world are your favorites?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:04 pm

havok1891 wrote:Hello Reis,

I've got three things on my mind.

1) The "haunted house" playset, can you tell us if it's sold well enough to justifies the making of any other future playsets? A paper Star Trek Transporter Room would be sweet (for the energized versions of the characters) and of course a bridge would be welcome.

2) Any hope of revealing any more Star Trek Reaction figures? If so, when can we hope to see them or get some hints?

3) What properties in the Funko world are your favorites?

1) The haunted house playset is not a Funko product. That was strictly a Super7 production for their SDCC booth. So I have no idea how well it sold or if they have plans for anything else. Sorry.

2) No news yet on the next wave of Star Trek figures. We're hoping to get our revised line-up nailed down in the next couple of months or so. I should have more news then.

3) I'm a total Star Wars nerd. :)

ImageImage

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:48 pm

1) Okay, sorry if this has been said, but is the re-structure forever? Like, is there any chance in the future for there to be modern properties again?

2)Is there any chance of a thread like this in the Pop forum?

Thanks Reis!
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:22 pm

commodorefunko wrote:1) Okay, sorry if this has been said, but is the re-structure forever? Like, is there any chance in the future for there to be modern properties again?

2)Is there any chance of a thread like this in the Pop forum?

Thanks Reis!

1) We still have plans for modern licenses, just not in ReAction form. Ultimately, they just didn't work. But don't worry, we have something up our sleeve that should be announced by Toy Fair.

2) Doubtful. I took this on myself since I am heading up the ReAction project and a lot of people had questions, especially early on when there was a lot of misinformation out there. ReAction's collector base is still at a manageable size when it comes to answering questions. If we did this for Pop, it would be virtually impossible to answer everything.

ImageImage

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you Reis!
1) Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Can't wait for Toy Fair even more now!
2) Figured as much, but thought it didn't hurt to ask. Thanks again.
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

Omegacity

Postby Omegacity » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Having two separate lines, one for 70's and 80's properties in classic form and another for modern properties with updated sculpting and (hopefully) articulation sounds like a wonderful idea!!
Still crossing my fingers for 3 3/4" Battlestar Galactica (classic), V The Series and maybe even the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Mr. Reis,

My daughter keeps bugging me about this Dark Crystal line. I just said we have to wait until Toy Fair next year. It will be fun to do all characters from that movie in ReAction form. What are your thoughts about Dark Crystal ReAction action figures? Will they be better sculpted then other ReAction lines or will they still have that 80's feel to it?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 pm

DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,

My daughter keeps bugging me about this Dark Crystal line. I just said we have to wait until Toy Fair next year. It will be fun to do all characters from that movie in ReAction form. What are your thoughts about Dark Crystal ReAction action figures? Will they be better sculpted then other ReAction lines or will they still have that 80's feel to it?

We will be sticking to the retro feel. We're hoping to match the original sculpts as closely as possible, but may tweak things here or there to appease modern aesthetic sensibilities.

ImageImage

H-Falcon

Postby H-Falcon » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:49 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
DARTHMARCO wrote:Mr. Reis,

We will be sticking to the retro feel. We're hoping to match the original sculpts as closely as possible, but may tweak things here or there to appease modern aesthetic sensibilities.

Please please make them better then those old sculpts. I am hoping for the very awesome look of the way you guys do things compared to those old figures. Hoping for a retro feel that feels more in tune with the movie then those old sculpts. Seriously glad you guys are still doing that line though. Really really want to have that in my collection. :)

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:50 pm

With your new focus on vintage properties, have you reconsidered doing the classic Planet of the Apes?

LandoInDisguise

Postby LandoInDisguise » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:59 am

H-Falcon wrote:Please please make them better then those old sculpts. I am hoping for the very awesome look of the way you guys do things compared to those old figures. Hoping for a retro feel that feels more in tune with the movie then those old sculpts. Seriously glad you guys are still doing that line though. Really really want to have that in my collection. :)

Please please make them as close to the original sculpts as possible. ;-) I love how the Alien figures made you feel like you've finally obtained the long lost figures you've been dreaming about for so long. I'd love for the Dark Crystal figures to do the same.

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:22 am

Reis I can't wait for what ever you guys decide to put out. My only request is that so many figures don't hit all at once. I am fine with a new set each month but my wallet can't take 2 or 3 different sets each month. Good luck with the re-launch!!!!!
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:00 pm

VulcansFury wrote:With your new focus on vintage properties, have you reconsidered doing the classic Planet of the Apes?

It's not a matter of whether or not we've considered it, we have, but we no longer have the license, and with the new movies hitting, the licensing for the old school POTA has changed.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:01 pm

1000thghost wrote:Reis I can't wait for what ever you guys decide to put out. My only request is that so many figures don't hit all at once. I am fine with a new set each month but my wallet can't take 2 or 3 different sets each month. Good luck with the re-launch!!!!!

Yes, a major part of the restructure is coming up with a more spread out release schedule.

ImageImage

H-Falcon

Postby H-Falcon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:44 pm

LandoInDisguise wrote:
H-Falcon wrote:Please please make them better then those old sculpts. I am hoping for the very awesome look of the way you guys do things compared to those old figures. Hoping for a retro feel that feels more in tune with the movie then those old sculpts. Seriously glad you guys are still doing that line though. Really really want to have that in my collection. :)

Please please make them as close to the original sculpts as possible. ;-) I love how the Alien figures made you feel like you've finally obtained the long lost figures you've been dreaming about for so long. I'd love for the Dark Crystal figures to do the same.

Yeah but the difference is the Old Aliens stuff was decent. Have you seen the old Dark Crystal stuff? It doesn't look that good or even resemble much of the movie stuff. (At least not the gelflings). The colors were also weird choices too.

I'm hoping Funko does better figures with better proportions and colors and faces. Also hoping for options/variants like "Kira with Wings" etc. So much potential for such an awesome classic movie. :)

LandoInDisguise

Postby LandoInDisguise » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:26 am

Yes, I saw them and love them! Not only a representation of the movie characters, but also of the time they were made in. To each their own of course, sorry to derail this thread.

dejavu72678

Postby dejavu72678 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Hey Reis, I know you can't go into new lines coming out but since you spoke on dark chrystal and said you have the license for V I gotta ask; how long brotha?

Return to “Action Figures”