The Fifth Element - arrived!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
willbfree

The Fifth Element - arrived!

Postby willbfree » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Thank you Funko, or should I say, domo danko Funko!

Although I am not a fan of ReAction's retro style, nor Pops, I will make an exception for The Fifth Element.

Like most 5E fans I am still smarting from N2toys failed attempt in 2001 to immortalize Leeloo, Korben, Ruby, Zorg, the Diva et al in action figure form.

So, thank you for restoring fans' faith in the viability of The Fifth Element as an action figure line.

(Insert standard plead for Fifth Element "Legacy" figures here! Even if it is just Leeloo!!!)
Last edited by willbfree on Tue May 26, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgiles73

Re: The Fifth Element - announced

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:35 am

I'm hoping for a flying cab! I hope they nail Ruby Rod's likeness and they go on to use that Chris Tucker likeness again for a line of figures from the Friday movies!

Juggernaut209

Postby Juggernaut209 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:46 pm

I would definitely be down for Korben, Leeloo, Zorg, and a Mondoshawan.
POP! Count - 64
Mystery Mini Count - 327
Mini Wants: Zootopia Nick Wilde
Minis to Trade: 1/144 Jaime Lannister, 1/72 WALL-E, Robbie the Robot, Bloody Predator, King Joffrey, Carl Grimes, Diablo, Super Mutant, Jason Voorhees (Series 3)
Toy pics from my collection: https://www.instagram.com/presidentjuggernaut/

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:03 am

Been waiting for figures from this forever. ReAction has been great at filling in lots of missed figure opportunities . Thanks Funko! Hope to at least see Korben, Leeloo, Zorg, Father Cornelius, Ruby Rod, and a Mangalore.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:35 am

Thanks for mentioning Father Cornelius. He really is one of the key characters, despite being a supporting character. It's an ensemble piece.

For the Pop! sculpting, the key bit about him that I hope Funko notices is that his belt buckle is an engraving of the four elements. Super-size that belt buckle.

I really really really hope these ReActions won't be as retro as the Firefly ReActions. Man are those shelf-warming at the local Barnes & Noble! I hope Funko feels like making the line less intentionally-crappy-looking and more realistic-looking.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Fantastic. The Fifth Element ReAction figures are better than expected. I'll be ordering a set or two as soon as they're available. And look - little element stones! I bet each figure comes with one elemental stone.

TNI managed to take some good pics despite the backlighting - here's a thumbnail; I saw the originals at http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 0&sl=24231

Well done.

And I saw Zorg is included too. He wasn't in the backlit case, but he was in the case with the metal background and green lighting. Found a pic on ToyArk that included him. That's 7 figures from The Fifth Element, with only a Mondoshawan and Father Corneilius notably absent.

dragonlady

Postby dragonlady » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:57 pm

really excited for these
Mari Here

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Fri May 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Looking forward to these.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Tue May 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Oh my Gosh they are so much better in person than I expected!!!!!

You can almost imagine they don't have terrible joints. Would be better if they simply didn't, but, even so, they're fantastic!

I had to order them from ebay; they seem to have arrived in the mid-West but they're not yet further west as far as I could tell.

Here is Leeloo next to an older Fifth Element collectible, a Mondoshawan bobblehead:

jenjen

Re: The Fifth Element - arrived!

Postby jenjen » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Well it's worthy of being a figure.

H-Falcon

Postby H-Falcon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Any one her get Leeloo with the straps? Mine has a square hole in the bottom of the bubble. I am assuming that isn't normal but can anyone else who has the figure confirm that it's completely sealed?

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:01 pm

H-Falcon wrote:Any one her get Leeloo with the straps? Mine has a square hole in the bottom of the bubble. I am assuming that isn't normal but can anyone else who has the figure confirm that it's completely sealed?

It should be completely sealed. Was the stone and the weapon missing?

H-Falcon

Postby H-Falcon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:49 pm

willbfree wrote:
H-Falcon wrote:Any one her get Leeloo with the straps? Mine has a square hole in the bottom of the bubble. I am assuming that isn't normal but can anyone else who has the figure confirm that it's completely sealed?

It should be completely sealed. Was the stone and the weapon missing?

That is what I thought. That it should be completely sealed.

Nope both of those items are there. They are taped to the side of the bubble (on the inside) so luckily they didn't come out.

I just ordered another one and hopefully that one will be ok. I'll just open this one up as the figure itself is fine. Thanks for the confirmation though.

Barbecue17

Postby Barbecue17 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 pm

I just got two two of my Fifth Element figures in a shipment of toys! Today I reviewed Diva Plavalaguna on my blog. If you're interested in some pictures of this very cool figure then check her out here: http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2015/06/action-figure-review-diva-plavalaguna.html

I'm not sure that I'm getting the whole set but I'm definitely inclined to pick up a few more of these.

I also picked up the Leeloo in the straps outfit, too!: http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2015/06/action-figure-review-leeloo-straps.html

Return to “Action Figures”