2015 Legacy announced waves wishlist

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Thedevilsdue

2015 Legacy announced waves wishlist

Postby Thedevilsdue » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:34 am

So we know at least some of the properties we're getting in 2015's Legacy Collection. From the waves that have been announced, it seems as though they are getting away from the kid-centric lines (Fantastic Mr. Fox, Book of Life) which I am pretty glad about as a completist! Who are you hoping or expecting to see? What is the one line you most want that hasn't been announced?
I think Firefly will bring the same 5 characters that are available in the other funko lines. (Mal, Jayne, Zoe, Wash, Kaylee) That's fantastic. I truly hope we eventually see Simon and River at least in these lines, as for me they were the entire reason for the story. Either way I've been on edge waiting for Firefly news and can't wait to see them and get them regardless of who is in the lineup.
Skyrim will surely bring us a Dovakhiin. I'm also hoping for a Sheogorath, Grey Beard(s), and Vampire Lord (Harkon or Dovakhiin in vampire lord form)
Im hoping Game of Thrones wave 3 yields a Hodor. I'm going to buy them all regardless, but it's the only one I'm truly pining for. (and where are mini viserion and rhaegal? there ARE 3 dragons)
I know absolutely nothing about Evolve, but i looked up the game when i saw the announcement. The potential for some great figures is amazing!
Rocketeer is one of those I fully expect to be limited to 3-4 figures at most. Not a lot to be done with it, but im excited to see it all the same.
Fallout... no clue. I didn't see a limitation specific to any one iteration of the game so possibilities are pretty vast.

The one property i haven't seen announced I am hoping for is Dragon Age. The inclusion of Mass Effect in the POP series and All the game themed waves just adds to my hopes. So many Characters that could/should be made that never made it into DC Direct's awful attempt at marketing.

4s4sin96

Re: 2015 Legacy announced waves wishlist

Postby 4s4sin96 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:12 am

*Dovahkiin* ^_^

Also, I NEED Dragons Age and Mass Effect :o3 (+ The Witcher 3 ^_^)

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:44 am

I know it's been said before that they don't have any plans for a "Buffy" Legacy line but I'm never giving up hope. I'd like to see the main characters at least get the legacy treatment.

---Buffy
---Willow
---Angel
---Spike
---Xander
---Giles
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:06 pm

tlc38tlc38 wrote:I know it's been said before that they don't have any plans for a "Buffy" Legacy line but I'm never giving up hope. I'd like to see the main characters at least get the legacy treatment.

---Buffy
---Willow
---Angel
---Spike
---Xander
---Giles

I think Moore Collectibles did Buffy. They did a terrible job with minimal articulation, so I agree it needs new blood. or new plastic in this case. I'm not giving up hope for Xena, either. lol

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:
tlc38tlc38 wrote:I know it's been said before that they don't have any plans for a "Buffy" Legacy line but I'm never giving up hope. I'd like to see the main characters at least get the legacy treatment.

---Buffy
---Willow
---Angel
---Spike
---Xander
---Giles

I think Moore Collectibles did Buffy. They did a terrible job with minimal articulation, so I agree it needs new blood. or new plastic in this case. I'm not giving up hope for Xena, either. lol

Moore and Diamond Select did a lot of Buffy figures and I have them all but I would love more from Funko! Funko is a great company and I would trust they'd do excellent jobs on these figures if they were made.
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:08 am

I look at the Buffy ones on evilbay and I really like a few of them. But im a completist and if i buy one I will want all of them and some of them are just bad. I have the entire toybiz xena collection, and while I love them, they are definitely dated. It needs a new line with more character variety (pretty sure Xena, Callisto, and Gabrielle weren't the only characters on the show) with better articulation , and no stupid action features!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:
tlc38tlc38 wrote:I'm not giving up hope for Xena, either. lol

Me either. It's the 20th anniversary of Xena: Warrior Princess in 2015. A "Legacy" action figure of Xena would be a great way to celebrate (and a great starting point for an expanded line including Gabrielle, Callisto, Ares, Hope (easy Gabrielle variant) and many other great characters).
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:I have the entire toybiz xena collection, and while I love them, they are definitely dated. It needs a new line with more character variety (pretty sure Xena, Callisto, and Gabrielle weren't the only characters on the show) with better articulation , and no stupid action features!

I agree. The Toy Biz action figures weren't terrible, compared to other action figures released at the time, but Toy Biz made some pretty big mistakes with the costumes, accessories, articulation choices and those terribly invasive and detrimental "action features".

The character selection was also pretty poor. An under-sized Autolycus before Joxer or Ares. Multiple versions of Hope instead of Ares. Velasca instead of Ares or Caesar. And "Domestic Violence PSA" Gabrielle had to be the poorest choice of a variant of them all! I don't know what the people at Toy Biz were thinking!
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:08 am

So I just got my first legacy figures (Book of Life) in the mail today (YAY SUNDAY DELIVERY) and I think I am going to have a problem. All of the gaming Legacy figures will have to be mine.

I am in agreement with Dragon Age as one I wish was announced, as well as Portal. I think Portal is exclusively licensed through NECA though so I don't see it happening (I just commissioned a Chell custom pop from Night Owl Customs, I cannot wait).

I sincerely hope that the Fallout Legacy figures include a Super-Mutant, they will definitely have a Brotherhood Paladin, maybe an Enclave soldier. I doubt they will go to the original 2 fallout series for figure inspiration though.

Either way, 2015 is going to be my Legacy Year.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:53 am

Agent 86 wrote:
Thedevilsdue wrote:I have the entire toybiz xena collection, and while I love them, they are definitely dated. It needs a new line with more character variety (pretty sure Xena, Callisto, and Gabrielle weren't the only characters on the show) with better articulation , and no stupid action features!

I agree. The Toy Biz action figures weren't terrible, compared to other action figures released at the time, but Toy Biz made some pretty big mistakes with the costumes, accessories, articulation choices and those terribly invasive and detrimental "action features".

The character selection was also pretty poor. An under-sized Autolycus before Joxer or Ares. Multiple versions of Hope instead of Ares. Velasca instead of Ares or Caesar. And "Domestic Violence PSA" Gabrielle had to be the poorest choice of a variant of them all! I don't know what the people at Toy Biz were thinking!

RIGHT? 5 xenas. 2 gabrielles. 2 hopes (as pack ins). 2 callistos. Velasca (which im not mad about but think there were better options) and one seriously embarassing Autolucus... Needs some Ares. Needs some Joxer. Needs some Eli. Needs some Caesar. Needs some Aphrodite. Needs some Cupid... i could go on forever about characters they could have made in place of the ones they made. I could go on forever about unarticulated arms. I could go on forever about them making 3 versions of the same version instead of Valkyrie Xena, Demon Xena, Archangel Xena, Amazon bikini Xena, First Appearance Xena(from HTLJ), Samurai Xena, Quasi-Geisha Xena, Empress Xena, Warlord Xena, Kali Xena. (once again I could prattle on forever) Funko NEEDS to do this line. They could do 20 waves and have a different xena in every wave and a different Gabrielle in every other wave and still have some left over. lol

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:06 am

Also, Monsters. They have them in POP and ReAction. I'd buy a Legacy Cthulhu. Creature from the black lagoon. wolfman. Dracula. mummy etc

wraith1701

Postby wraith1701 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm just thrilled that we're getting Firefly Legacy figures. If the line is limited to just five figures, they made a great choice on which five to go with. If I had a wishlist, it would be that Book, Inara, River and Simon get added to the collection.
And a couple of Reavers. And perhaps Badger, Jubal Early, and the two Blue-Glove dudes...

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:12 pm

wraith1701 wrote:I'm just thrilled that we're getting Firefly Legacy figures. If the line is limited to just five figures, they made a great choice on which five to go with. If I had a wishlist, it would be that Book, Inara, River and Simon get added to the collection.
And a couple of Reavers. And perhaps Badger, Jubal Early, and the two Blue-Glove dudes...

I really need River, Simon, Inara, and Book. I would like a reaver, but I would suspect ther'd sooner release a repain of mal with his blue shirt. and thats fine. I just want the rest of the main characters.

wraith1701

Postby wraith1701 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:27 am

The Previews Exclusive Jayne.

Yeah, I'm buying both versions. Wonder if the hat comes off?

Bran

Postby Bran » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:37 pm

I want Bran, Hodor, Cersei, Joffrey, Tommen, and Tywin. Varys, Little Finger, and Maester Pycelle would be cool too.

Weighty

Postby Weighty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 am

Read this for the first time today and I cannot believe there is going to be Skyrim Figures! I am so excited. Also cannot wait for Firefly figures too :D

That previews exclusive looks amazing. It looks like the normal version of Jayne won't come with his hat and Vera which is sad.
Hi i'm Brad

48 Exclusive POPs! :D

Check out my Instagram I post lots of toy photography: 'Chewpotter'

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:58 pm

I wonder if Jayne's hat has some yarn texture that the camera just smoothed over, or if it really as smooth as the photo makes it look. It should have a yarn-like texture.

wraith1701

Postby wraith1701 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:06 am

willbfree wrote:I wonder if Jayne's hat has some yarn texture that the camera just smoothed over, or if it really as smooth as the photo makes it look. It should have a yarn-like texture.

That would be cool, but I think the figure looks great as-is. I've already pre-ordered one. :) I hope this line sells so well, we not only get the rest of the crew, but a supporting character or 2. Saffron or Badger would be pretty cool :)

Darth Vlad

Postby Darth Vlad » Thu May 07, 2015 12:18 am

I'm hoping for the rest of the Firefly crew. I heard it depends on how well Wave 1 sells... hearing that almost makes me want to wait and see because I would hate to invest in 5/9ths of the cast and not get the rest. Yeah, the first five are Firefly crew, but as someone above mentioned, River and Simon were the reason for the story.

As for Saffron, I think we'd have to pay extra for the amount of plastic used.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu May 07, 2015 12:25 am

As Reis has stated before over and over, if you want to see wave 2, the best way to get that is to buy wave one.

If everyone sits by and says "I'll wait", then they'll NEVER make the rest. Bank on it.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 am

Yeah Im definitely not waiting. got 3 of each preordered, and one of the previews exclusives. At this point I am not hopeful that we will ever see skyrim, fallout, or another game of thrones wave due to the way they mass produced wave 1 3 different times and expected it to sell.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu May 07, 2015 9:56 am

GoTs: Red Viper, Tywin, & Cersei are my big 3.

River should have been in Wave 1 of Firefly imo. I'll buy everything they put out in that line though.

I have pretty much zero interest in the video game lines. Unless they are going to do Uncharted figures or put out Ellie & Joel from The Last of Us, no thanks. I would be all-in on a Metal Gear line I suppose but only if they revisit characters from 1-3 right out of the gate.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Doctor Horrible and Captain Hammer.

Just a limited edition sort of two-pack, ideally $50 tops, not the sort of item that would be at Barnes & Noble but a good niche product.

Funko already has a good head sculpt of Nathan from Firefly. Come to think of it, I wonder if a repainted Jayne body with a Mal head would work as Captain Hammer or if it would be too beefy.

Return to “Action Figures”