Why the hate?

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
1000thghost

Why the hate?

Postby 1000thghost » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:51 pm

I don't understand the hate some seem to have for the ReAction line. I am part of a facebook ReAction page and half of the time it is just full of people b**** about what they hate about the figures. Why be part of a group that clearly says we like the ReAction figures just to troll everytime a new series comes out? I really like most all of the figures ReAction have put out and yes there are some small things that could by fixed, but as I see it no one else is even trying to do anything like them and they are giving us figures I have always wanted to see.
Even some people here complain about how the head sculpts are done and that they look nothing like the real people. What about the style of these figures do people not understand. Have they done the same thing with the new MEGO like figures that have come out?

Just asking and venting.
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

0xTurtle
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Re: Why the hate?

Postby 0xTurtle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Vent on and HAPPY B-DAY \:D/
Hiya, everyone calls me, well, Turtle.
ISO: DEK Chet | Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite) Pop proto

Barbecue17

Postby Barbecue17 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:58 pm

I've noticed the ReAction hate more lately, too. I'm not at all opposed to someone critiquing elements of ReAction figures. As there is always something about paint, assembly, accessories, or the headsculpt that might seem off even to someone that loves the series I think talking about those things is fine. I'm definitely noticing more collectors talking about not only disliking Reaction but even presenting that they think they're harming the hobby. Look at the recent article that the Fwoosh ran: Retro pollution or How Nostalgia May be Killing our culture.

It seems a bit silly and alarmist if you ask me.

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:51 pm

I have a few and I love them :)
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

homietrav
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby homietrav » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:52 pm

FYI, Facebook=Hate
Travis

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Because they can.

I have a couple, but overall they're not my cup of tea. They're supposed to be retro and that works for 'retro' licenses like Monsters, Star Trek and Aliens. I'm not sure how I feel about modern properties being done in that vein but don't see a reason to hate on them.

Folks got too much time on their hands. Don't like them, don't collect them.
Last edited by Squird on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funklub: 11181

Squird

Postby Squird » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:59 pm

homietrav wrote:FYI, Facebook=Hate

:smile_ears:

sh3l8y

Postby sh3l8y » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:47 pm

I think people don't fully understand that they're supposed to be retro and not look exactly like the actor, etc
That's what the Legacy figures are for

FunkTenn

Postby FunkTenn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:36 am

MorbidGee wrote: ...and I love them :)

Same here - love 'em!

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:26 am

I don't "hate" them. I don't "like" them either. i have only bought the firefly collection because I mean... come on. MAL. There are a lot of things i dislike about the line itself. I don't like the scale. I don't like the sculpts. I think the aesthetic takes away from innovation. Most importantly, though. They aren't Legacy. Reaction has BTILC, Buffy, All these amazing Alien Characters, Arrow (which is fine. i buy the dc 6 inch ones), Pulp Fiction, FIFTH ELEMENT, etc . I would buy every single one of the characters released in a 6" Legacy line. But I wouldn't buy any of those in 3.75" scale or vintage aesthetic. I don't hate it in the least. I just wish Legacy could get the same love. (even if it means a price hike)

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:40 am

I think while it's true that some people don't "get it" (and I know some don't because I keep seeing people posting how the figures look nothing like the actor), overall the ReActions (and also the Bif Bang Pow and Warpo retro figures) are made for a very specific fanbase.

There are those of us who still love the classic simple style of a 5 POA figure that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I like them because the simplicity brings me back to the figures I had as a kid. It makes me feel young again and I have a blast buying them.

But there are a lot of people who want as much articulation as possible and balk if the figure isn't a dead-on likeness for the actor playing the role.

I find myself in the middle. I do like both styles. I do buy both styles. But what I can't wrap my head around is that some people feel like the fact that Funko, BBP, and Warpo are producing these retro figures is somehow either taking away shelf space from some line of deluxe action figures or is a stain on "action figuredom" in general.

Just let it all be, man. Whatever gets people to buy figures.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

AlexisSkrull

Postby AlexisSkrull » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:I don't "hate" them. I don't "like" them either. i have only bought the firefly collection because I mean... come on. MAL. There are a lot of things i dislike about the line itself. I don't like the scale. I don't like the sculpts. I think the aesthetic takes away from innovation. Most importantly, though. They aren't Legacy. Reaction has BTILC, Buffy, All these amazing Alien Characters, Arrow (which is fine. i buy the dc 6 inch ones), Pulp Fiction, FIFTH ELEMENT, etc . I would buy every single one of the characters released in a 6" Legacy line. But I wouldn't buy any of those in 3.75" scale or vintage aesthetic. I don't hate it in the least. I just wish Legacy could get the same love. (even if it means a price hike)

The problem is that many of the Reaction lines are already being made in the 6/7 inch scale by other companies like Necca, Dc Collectibles, and Diamond Select. I too would love them in Legacy but for many they kinda are but by other companies and therefore Funko can't get the rights to that scale.

I love Reaction and it is my fav line. In fact, ever since I began collecting them I got at least one every month with the exception of this month due to financial reasons.

Reaction Rules!

lobsterfish

Postby lobsterfish » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Someone at my local Target doesn't hate them. They bought em up, especially the Trek wave. Uhura is all I got. Now I'm playing the Kirk role in the Search for Spock. "Collector bastards you killed my fun!"
Wants: Mystery Mini Horror S1: Michael Myers, S2: Werewolf, Crow
Have/Trade: Mystery Mini Horror S2: Hitchcock, Ed, Shawn, Nostaferu, Fly

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:04 pm

AlexisSkrull wrote:
Thedevilsdue wrote:I don't "hate" them. I don't "like" them either. i have only bought the firefly collection because I mean... come on. MAL. There are a lot of things i dislike about the line itself. I don't like the scale. I don't like the sculpts. I think the aesthetic takes away from innovation. Most importantly, though. They aren't Legacy. Reaction has BTILC, Buffy, All these amazing Alien Characters, Arrow (which is fine. i buy the dc 6 inch ones), Pulp Fiction, FIFTH ELEMENT, etc . I would buy every single one of the characters released in a 6" Legacy line. But I wouldn't buy any of those in 3.75" scale or vintage aesthetic. I don't hate it in the least. I just wish Legacy could get the same love. (even if it means a price hike)

The problem is that many of the Reaction lines are already being made in the 6/7 inch scale by other companies like Necca, Dc Collectibles, and Diamond Select. I too would love them in Legacy but for many they kinda are but by other companies and therefore Funko can't get the rights to that scale.

I love Reaction and it is my fav line. In fact, ever since I began collecting them I got at least one every month with the exception of this month due to financial reasons.

Diamond and Moore(defunct) no longer have a claim to Buffy. BTILC? Nobody has that. Haven't seen anyone pushing out any Fifth Element figures in about ever. Just saying.
Instead we get "Evolve", which are beautiful figures, and i fully intend on supporting the line and buying them, but they have about the same mass appeal as having a skiing accident.

Squird

Postby Squird » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Barbecue17 wrote:I've noticed the ReAction hate more lately, too. I'm not at all opposed to someone critiquing elements of ReAction figures. As there is always something about paint, assembly, accessories, or the headsculpt that might seem off even to someone that loves the series I think talking about those things is fine. I'm definitely noticing more collectors talking about not only disliking Reaction but even presenting that they think they're harming the hobby. Look at the recent article that the Fwoosh ran: Retro pollution or How Nostalgia May be Killing our culture.

It seems a bit silly and alarmist if you ask me.

I clearly have nothing to do tonite. I went and read the article at Fwoosh.

And now I wish I had had something else to do tonite.

I agree that the article was silly and alarmist. Most of the points the writer was trying to make weren't points, just gripes. It all comes down to personal preference. Some people like the retro aesthetic, some don't. It won't ruin the hobby, it doesn't stifle innovation (one could argue the opposite, I'm sure). Right now, it seems to sell. Let it run it's course and move on to the next thing when it happens. No harm, no foul. I'm sure super-articulated holograms will be coming any day now.

What I do think is cool about ReAction (and it's the same thing a lot of collectors like about Pop) is that I can buy figures across a multitude of licenses in the same format if I wanted. If you were to playing with them, you could have Jules from Pulp Fiction and Jack from BTILC beam aboard the Enterprise and explain tasty burgers to Spock and company.

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:13 am

I think all it is, is that fans of super-articulated figures are mad they aren't getting these figures in the style they want. Thing they don't seem to understand, or pretend not to at least, is that if not for the 5 POA format with a lower price point we wouldn't be getting ANY Fifth Element, Jaws, Karate Kid, etc. figures. It's not a case of either/or. Those lines just likely wouldn't sell well at $20+ which is why no company has ever made them.

And I could see the ReAction figures actually helping some of these lines get the super-detailed treatment down the road. If for instance, Back to the Future sold extremely well another company could decide to make them in another scale to cash in on a now proven brand. Just a thought.

Barbecue17

Postby Barbecue17 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:21 pm

One of the things that I suppose could lead to some of the "retro-hate" that seems to be happening right now is that Hasbro and Mattel have abandoned (or severely downsized) collector focused modern lines in favor of 5 poa lines. Hasbro's 1/18th scale Star Wars line (including new Rebels product) has been infected 5 poa in an attempt to lower costs. We're not talking about Kenner styled figures here: We're talking about figures in a line that just a couple of years back was releasing the beautiful Vintage Collection figures. The same goes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe figures and some of Mattel's newer Batman figures. Those companies just went from stellar product to much, much weaker product. They're not at all intended to be "retro" but I'm wondering if some non-retro figures see these cost reduced 5poa figures, think that those companies are also caving to the "retro-action" crowd, and just blame the easy targets of companies actually trying to emulate the retro style.

Squird

Postby Squird » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Marvel figures have gone nowhere the last couple of years. Hasbro kind of does the 'Legends' line and now they're back to kind of doing the 'Marvel Universe' line. I don't blame the retro trend, just brand/line mismanagement. About the only interesting product in the Marvel line right now are the 'Masher' figures that you can mix and match. I've always liked toys that had that kind of playability. Not a fan of the price point, though.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 pm

I understand that by not buying likeness rights, Funko saved lots of dough and made it possible to release titles like The Fifth Element which included actors whose likenesses are either unaffordable or simply not on offer.

But I think I'd have been more happy if the concept had been "great action figures with modern design, but with generic heads".

But… that can be something a different company comes up with.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Count me in the, I don't think people really get it, category. We're talking about the same people who thought Kanye West was making this "no name guy," Paul McCartney, famous by letting him be in his new song... yeah, let that sink in for a minute people.

I love the the ReAction figures. I have Snake Plissken and Mal Reynolds displayed next to my Bespin Han Solo. They are separated by 30 plus years of time but they look like they all belong together. Admittedly, I would like to see them add knee joints because I preferred the Indiana Jones/Lone Ranger style figures to the straight 5 poa figures, but that's mostly just splitting hairs.

I largely prefer 6" figures. That's my bread and butter for collecting. However, that doesn't make the ReAction figures any less awesome. It's an insanely cool niche line. I do think focussing on the older properties helps avoid any miscommunication. The older collector market is going to understand they are throwback figures. A 12 year old looking to buy a Flash figure isn't going to have that kind of recognition at retail. That being said, I'll be buying the Flash and Arrow figures too haha.

redmao

Postby redmao » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm

While I really enjoy this line, I never were a big fan of reduced articulations.
As a kid all my SW figures became bathtub toys when I got the better articulated GI Joe figures.
The ReAction line is pretty cool.
Of course if it were built like old o-ring GI Joe figures it would be super awesome.

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:03 pm

I don't know if it's hate, there's just too many choices and not enough $. As for FB, just take it with a grain of salt. The behind the computer screen warriors are plentiful.
Rodney Image

Bran

Postby Bran » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm too young to have any nostalgia with the REAction. I came here strictly for the Legacy stuff. That's the only thing Funko produces that I care about. I don't hate the REAction line, I just don't care about it at all, and am honestly slightly frustrated with the priorities Funko gives things.

For example, I've never been a fan of bobble-heads. Yet the big-headed merchandise (bobble or not) is what's mass-produced. This is probably because it's cheaper to produce and easier to make. Next you have the REAction stuff, which really only attracts two crowds I think: The older generation who grew up with toys like them, and the collectors who have an interest in vintage.

I love the licenses Funko has, but whenever I go to my local stores that sells their products, I can't help but feel frustrated. I see Once Upon a Time merchandise, for example, all over the place. Yet they are all bobbles and pops and minis. The only Legacy I see are of Game of Thrones, and none of the stores here sell Firefly stuff (I'm not a big Firefly fan anyway but still.) I was looking forward to seeing the vast majority of the main characters in GoT have a Legacy figure, but now I'm doubtful that will happen. I also would like to see other (modern) licenses get Legacy figures, and I was hoping some of the Star Trek characters (especially Picard and Worf) would get the Legacy treatment.

I also am frustrated that the REAction and Legacy characters are crammed into the same section on the forums, and only REAction has a Q&A. That alone, to me anyway, speaks volumes for where the priorities are and who exactly matters.

I have no issue at all with people who want to collect the other lines, or even the fact the other lines are active. But I would like to see a little more equality given, a little more transparency in what Funko plans on making, and at least feel like they care about their Legacy collectors too. I'm happy Firefly fans are getting love too, but at the same time it also looks like a quick cash-grab attempt. Collectors collect and hold onto things. Were they the true focus, I feel as though we would have got characters like Bran, Jorah, Stannis, and Melisandre in the Legacy line. Daenarys and Tyrion, meanwhile, get 2 (or did Tyrion get 3? One an exclusive or something.)

AlexisSkrull

Postby AlexisSkrull » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Bran wrote:I'm too young to have any nostalgia with the REAction. I came here strictly for the Legacy stuff. That's the only thing Funko produces that I care about. I don't hate the REAction line, I just don't care about it at all, and am honestly slightly frustrated with the priorities Funko gives things.

For example, I've never been a fan of bobble-heads. Yet the big-headed merchandise (bobble or not) is what's mass-produced. This is probably because it's cheaper to produce and easier to make. Next you have the REAction stuff, which really only attracts two crowds I think: The older generation who grew up with toys like them, and the collectors who have an interest in vintage.

I love the licenses Funko has, but whenever I go to my local stores that sells their products, I can't help but feel frustrated. I see Once Upon a Time merchandise, for example, all over the place. Yet they are all bobbles and pops and minis. The only Legacy I see are of Game of Thrones, and none of the stores here sell Firefly stuff (I'm not a big Firefly fan anyway but still.) I was looking forward to seeing the vast majority of the main characters in GoT have a Legacy figure, but now I'm doubtful that will happen. I also would like to see other (modern) licenses get Legacy figures, and I was hoping some of the Star Trek characters (especially Picard and Worf) would get the Legacy treatment.

I also am frustrated that the REAction and Legacy characters are crammed into the same section on the forums, and only REAction has a Q&A. That alone, to me anyway, speaks volumes for where the priorities are and who exactly matters.

I have no issue at all with people who want to collect the other lines, or even the fact the other lines are active. But I would like to see a little more equality given, a little more transparency in what Funko plans on making, and at least feel like they care about their Legacy collectors too. I'm happy Firefly fans are getting love too, but at the same time it also looks like a quick cash-grab attempt. Collectors collect and hold onto things. Were they the true focus, I feel as though we would have got characters like Bran, Jorah, Stannis, and Melisandre in the Legacy line. Daenarys and Tyrion, meanwhile, get 2 (or did Tyrion get 3? One an exclusive or something.)

I don't own any legacy figures yet but that is because none have interested me yet. I do plan to get a couple Evolves and perhaps Rocketeer though. I agree more Legacy lines shuld be made. However, Reis does Reaction and not Legacy as far as I know and he started that thread. Someday another might be made for legacy but far as I know POP and mystery mini don't have Q&A's and they are the bigger sellers for Funko compared to Reaction!

Also the reason their are more Reaction lines than Legacy mostly is due to licensing. For example Star Trek has reaction but no Legacy as you mentioned. This is because though they have the 3 3/4 retro license they do NOT have the 7 inch one. That is Diamond. Similar with many other Reaction licenses. Terminator, Alien, Predator, Robocop for example are held by Necca, while Arrow and Flash are DC Collectibles. Sure they can make Karate Kid, etc most likely but I thnk any times they test the water with the cheaper Reactions and then if the audience is there, they make Legacy with the licenses they can. Which makes sense.

Reaction Rules!

Bran

Postby Bran » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:49 pm

AlexisSkrull wrote:
Bran wrote:I'm too young to have any nostalgia with the REAction. I came here strictly for the Legacy stuff. That's the only thing Funko produces that I care about. I don't hate the REAction line, I just don't care about it at all, and am honestly slightly frustrated with the priorities Funko gives things.

I don't own any legacy figures yet but that is because none have interested me yet. I do plan to get a couple Evolves and perhaps Rocketeer though. I agree more Legacy lines shuld be made. However, Reis does Reaction and not Legacy as far as I know and he started that thread. Someday another might be made for legacy but far as I know POP and mystery mini don't have Q&A's and they are the bigger sellers for Funko compared to Reaction!

Also the reason their are more Reaction lines than Legacy mostly is due to licensing. For example Star Trek has reaction but no Legacy as you mentioned. This is because though they have the 3 3/4 retro license they do NOT have the 7 inch one. That is Diamond. Similar with many other Reaction licenses. Terminator, Alien, Predator, Robocop for example are held by Necca, while Arrow and Flash are DC Collectibles. Sure they can make Karate Kid, etc most likely but I thnk any times they test the water with the cheaper Reactions and then if the audience is there, they make Legacy with the licenses they can. Which makes sense.

Yea I have nothing against Reis. I just feel like each line should have a spokesman with an active thread for people to ask questions, and I feel like Legacy should be in it's own separate section from REAction. They're two completely different styles and lines. I didn't even know when I was new that ReAction and Legacy were two different things, lol. I mean they were in the same section, glumped together, so I just assumed people referred to them in two different ways.

I suppose that's true with the licensing deal. Though if that's true there should be more opportunities to just make more of what few licenses they have the rights to SW9

Makarov

Postby Makarov » Fri May 01, 2015 4:08 am

I don't really see much hate, when I see them in the store there's always people checking them out. I think people online just like to pick on things that go against the grain. I buy a wide range of figures but ReAction is my favorite. I'd get a ReAction of a character I already own in a larger size just because of the novelty.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Fri May 01, 2015 8:07 am

As someone who has been actively collecting for 10 years and never more excited by any one line than Legacy, it's really hard to see ReAction get all this love, all these releases and legacy MIGHT get 25 figures in a year. including variants and exclusives. It takes far too long between releases. And i said when the third restock of Game of Thrones wave 1 hit, that it was going to be a problem. Here we are a year later, and the wave 1s are still at major retail, and wave 2 never made it there at all. But the ReActions are still coming... they are taking too many chances on properties no one wants in Legacy. (and by no one, i mean so few people that it doesnt even matter.) Evolve, announced BEFORE they even knew what the game was or if it would be successful, is obviously going to go the route of MTG. Lucky if they get bought to stand in as generic characters in an existing display or as fodder to make a custom. I plan on buying all of them, just because i want the line to continue, just as I did with the kindergartner waves they had last year. The problem isn't the competition from ReAction at all. The problem is they are killing this line with terrible investments and product ideas. Where is the Supernatural Legacy? Buffy Legacy? Once upon a Time Legacy? Hercules and Xena!(perfect for adult collectors with the nostalgia factor) The characters people are literally begging for in Game of Thrones Legacy? I do have high hopes for Skyrim, and maybe even Fallout. And Firefly seems to have garnered a bit of interest at least in the circles I run in. Hopefully we'll get wave 2 and get the characters everyone actually wanted. I hope they learned their lesson by now with the unknown properties like Evolve, which can more easily be a flop than a success. I hope they learned their lesson about making children's properties in an adult collector line. I hope they start listening to the fans and doing the things we beg for. I hope they learned their lesson about making way too much of something (got wave 1) and clogging the flow of future product. I hope they start treating this line with as much care as they do with ReAction. Until then, i will keep my "ugh! why does ReAction get all these cool things and collectors who prefer modern figures get dumped on?" stance.

Jsp111183

Postby Jsp111183 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Gotta agree here.

Would love buffy legacy
Have a few pops to trade for gamestop call of duty pops. Including got pops, walking dead, horror and tv. Pm if interested

Bran

Postby Bran » Sun May 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:As someone who has been actively collecting for 10 years and never more excited by any one line than Legacy, it's really hard to see ReAction get all this love, all these releases and legacy MIGHT get 25 figures in a year. including variants and exclusives. It takes far too long between releases. And i said when the third restock of Game of Thrones wave 1 hit, that it was going to be a problem. Here we are a year later, and the wave 1s are still at major retail, and wave 2 never made it there at all. But the ReActions are still coming... they are taking too many chances on properties no one wants in Legacy. (and by no one, i mean so few people that it doesnt even matter.) Evolve, announced BEFORE they even knew what the game was or if it would be successful, is obviously going to go the route of MTG. Lucky if they get bought to stand in as generic characters in an existing display or as fodder to make a custom. I plan on buying all of them, just because i want the line to continue, just as I did with the kindergartner waves they had last year. The problem isn't the competition from ReAction at all. The problem is they are killing this line with terrible investments and product ideas. Where is the Supernatural Legacy? Buffy Legacy? Once upon a Time Legacy? Hercules and Xena!(perfect for adult collectors with the nostalgia factor) The characters people are literally begging for in Game of Thrones Legacy? I do have high hopes for Skyrim, and maybe even Fallout. And Firefly seems to have garnered a bit of interest at least in the circles I run in. Hopefully we'll get wave 2 and get the characters everyone actually wanted. I hope they learned their lesson by now with the unknown properties like Evolve, which can more easily be a flop than a success. I hope they learned their lesson about making children's properties in an adult collector line. I hope they start listening to the fans and doing the things we beg for. I hope they learned their lesson about making way too much of something (got wave 1) and clogging the flow of future product. I hope they start treating this line with as much care as they do with ReAction. Until then, i will keep my "ugh! why does ReAction get all these cool things and collectors who prefer modern figures get dumped on?" stance.

Agree with you. Their priorities aren't straight, from where I'm looking.

dakook

Postby dakook » Sun May 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Not so frankenberry is best!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Baxter

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Fri May 08, 2015 10:08 pm

I dig them!

DarthRitis242

Postby DarthRitis242 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:53 am

I liked them when it was just the Alien figures for the ReAction.

Legacy we only have the Game Of Thrones line.

They are ok, I just prefer the Pop! Line more.

Swfanmlp

Postby Swfanmlp » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:09 am

1000thghost wrote:I don't understand the hate some seem to have for the ReAction line. I am part of a facebook ReAction page and half of the time it is just full of people b**** about what they hate about the figures. Why be part of a group that clearly says we like the ReAction figures just to troll everytime a new series comes out? I really like most all of the figures ReAction have put out and yes there are some small things that could by fixed, but as I see it no one else is even trying to do anything like them and they are giving us figures I have always wanted to see.
Even some people here complain about how the head sculpts are done and that they look nothing like the real people. What about the style of these figures do people not understand. Have they done the same thing with the new MEGO like figures that have come out?

Just asking and venting.

I agree with you! I don't understand!! These figures are designed to look a certain way, if you don't like them move on!
Instagram @swfanmlp
I'm Michael

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:26 pm

If you don't want it don't buy it.

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:05 pm

I like them and want to buy a few like the Tomorrowland ones, but I can't justify paying $12.95 for one. At least that's the price I see in stores or online. Even $9 feel like a lot. Maybe if they were $6?

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 am

Our local Barnes & Noble has run out of space for the ReAction pieces and they are just piled within the display and usually on the floor. They are a cool nostalgia piece, but I won't pay more than $6 for a 5 point articulation figure (and I usually won't buy them at all. I only have a couple Stormtroopers, but usually won't buy the modern low quality pieces from marvel, DC, or SW). I get the nostalgia factor and the licenses are hard to get factors, but I still won't pay for it. In addition, they don't come with very many accessories to overcome the cost. The retro GI Joes come with a metric ton of accessories to overcome the modern cost. It is hard to swallow that Hot Topic will charge 12.50 or sometimes $15 for an exclusive Pop, when I know they pay around $4 for each one. The Reaction pieces are much smaller and the licenses more obscure than Star Wars and Disney so the cost to manufacture must be far less, however they are the same cost or more at the store. I have considered purchasing many of the Reaction pieces (Back to the Future, Aliens and the classic Monsters), but I always put them back when I look at the price point.

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Hasting.com has:

The Karate Kids : $6.72 each
Breaking Bad: $6.72 each
The 5th Element: $6.72 each
Tomorrowland: $6.72 each
Taxi Driver: $6.84
Terminator 2: $7.31 each
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

Return to “Action Figures”