The future of Legacy

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Thedevilsdue

The future of Legacy

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sat May 09, 2015 9:20 pm

First off, I want to say that I LOVE the Legacy Collection. It is my personal dream come true for so much potential in a 1:12 scale line. Game of Thrones Legacy was something I had been dying for. To the point that I was on the verge of commissioning customs while Funko was keeping Legacy under wraps and I had no idea they were coming. When they hit, I drove for 6 hours all around Alabama and into Tennessee looking to complete the set which was hard because they were sold out almost everywhere! The MTG figures were not something I necessarily wanted, but by the time they hit I was so in love with this line, i grabbed em up anyway because they were simply great figures. Then there came the learning curve with Book of Life and Fantastic Mr. Fox... we'll leave that alone...

About the time that Wave 2 of Game of Thrones hit (about 4 months too long after wave 1), another huge shipment of wave 1 hit major retail. Why wave 1? And why only Tyrion, John, and Daenerys? Where are all the walkers? Army builder much? Why mass produce figures that everyone who is interested already has? And why are they next to invisible in the stores? Back end caps near the bicycles instead of a front facing end cap near the action figures. Up front on a single aisle that no one goes to facing away from the self checkouts? this is if they are available in the store at all. Basically zero visibility to the casual buyer - someone who isn't already a collector. Even a spot in entertainment areas would have been better than that!

While I anticipate another success from Firefly, as there has been a lot of interest in facebook groups, and word of mouth - I look for another blunder from Evolve. (which i personally can't wait for. they are beautiful!) They took a huge risk on an already troubled line. On a game that few knew about when the wave was announced, and even fewer people play after it's release. Who knows if sales from Firefly will be enough to make up for the loss, but I doubt it with all new sculpts at $20 a pop.

Skyrim and Fallout are very promising, and I can't wait to see what will come from them. I'm personally hoping for a Greybeard army builder and an Arcade Gannon - but thats a long shot! But to be honest, this is not enough.

The fans of this line want to know where Game of Thrones wave 3 is. It's all I ever hear when in facebook groups or general conversation. "Where is wave 3?" "When is wave 3?" "Has anybody heard anything about wave 3?" - all the way to countless fantasy lineups for wave 3. The fans of this line want to know where are the properties they love? Where are the properties with a fan base? (Supernatural. Once Upon a Time. Charmed. Buffy. Xena - my personal request. Vikings. Spartacus. the list goes on and on) Where are the characters that people are willing to spend money on? We want this line to succeed. We want this line to last - or at least survive long enough to achieve it's potential. More importantly, why are you investing in lines that literally no one has ever asked for when it's clear that we have asked for very specific things that are not unattainable?

Serious question. What will it take for this line to succeed enough that funko will start treating it like it matters? I really do want an answer.

Serious suggestions. Lower your production runs. If it succeeds, then worry about over-saturating the market. (but not three times with the same wave. thats just silly. do you even action figures?) Do you need to up the msrp to be profitable? Open an online store. or set up an ebay/amazon account to sell all those wave 1 got's and child-centered waves you are undoubtedly still sitting on. Most serious suggestion - start listening to your customer base. Reis has done an amazing job of interacting with ReAction fans and Legacy fans alike, but it's clear where his focus is, and where it should be. Legacy now more than ever needs some attention, too, though.

Matty James

Re: The future of Legacy

Postby Matty James » Sat May 09, 2015 10:34 pm

We need the Game of Thrones Legacy figures to keep happening. If they get canceled then my interest for Funko will be gone. They are amazing but Funko shouldn't keep reproducing so many of the same ones. Come out with a new series and they will sell fast! They are the only GoT figures that you can pose. They rock! I have collected Funko items for awhile and recently joined the FunkoFunatic forums but seriously I will lose all interest if this line is canceled. Please Funko just go for a third series and you guys will see how popular they still are!

Brendan352

Postby Brendan352 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:43 pm

These figures have so much potential! I think they should focus on Game of Thrones at this point. I think it's the series that can keep this line alive. I've noticed a lot of people, including myself, buy pretty much every GoT figure they release despite the quality control short comings and other issues with the figures. I think they should back off of doing other lines for the time being and perfect their build and release a stellar GoT series 3. If people see that these figures will hold up better and are a great product I have a feeling they'll be more likely to buy more. I myself always fear that if I try to change a pose they'll break, but I buy regardless because I'm a super fan. To get the casual fans interested you have to put out a solid product that'll keep them coming back for more.

EDIT: Also, I don't ever even consider buying a different series from the Legacy line due to the quality control issues that my GoT ones have. I'd be interested in other characters/series if my faith in the product was higher.
Hello there, I'm Brendan!
Avid Game of Thrones Fan

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sat May 09, 2015 11:44 pm

I think at this point, a third series of GOT would have to be EXACTLY what fans ask for. Maybe even fan selected. They need to do something to save this line. This is worse than waiting to find out if firefly was renewed in the off season.

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Sun May 10, 2015 12:51 am

On a tour a couple months back it was mentioned Funko would be ending their partnership on producing Legacy and would be using their own artists and sculptors for each figure. I think that right there could give them a big push.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Sun May 10, 2015 4:01 am

Game of Thrones is probably one of the most profitable and prominent liscences for Funko, yet it's being treated badly in this section of Funko.
I'd say Legacy on a whole is getting treated badly. We don't have a Q&A, we don't get new lines photos often, we don't even get line-up confirmations. Hasn't it been over a year now since s1 was released? And all we got since then was s2 a couple of months later.
I'd say the main problem was definitely overconfidence in Legacy. As a new figure marketer, Funko had to ease themselves into the Market, to be able to compete with big names like Hasbro and Macfarlane. But, instead, the first wave got mightily overstocked. In some cases, it's better to have it be a little under stocked rather than heavily overstocked.
Main Line Wants: Always Sunny, Archer, Community
Main character wants: Rosita (TWD), Daario (GoT)
ISO: Enchantress in the UK

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun May 10, 2015 11:53 am

MadLove wrote:On a tour a couple months back it was mentioned Funko would be ending their partnership on producing Legacy and would be using their own artists and sculptors for each figure. I think that right there could give them a big push.

It could be interesting for sure. I would hope they kept the same designers on each property instead of mixing them up, though.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun May 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Themadpatter wrote:Game of Thrones is probably one of the most profitable and prominent liscences for Funko, yet it's being treated badly in this section of Funko.
I'd say Legacy on a whole is getting treated badly. We don't have a Q&A, we don't get new lines photos often, we don't even get line-up confirmations. Hasn't it been over a year now since s1 was released? And all we got since then was s2 a couple of months later.
I'd say the main problem was definitely overconfidence in Legacy. As a new figure marketer, Funko had to ease themselves into the Market, to be able to compete with big names like Hasbro and Macfarlane. But, instead, the first wave got mightily overstocked. In some cases, it's better to have it be a little under stocked rather than heavily overstocked.

"a couple of months later" - it was 8 months. 8. how absurd is that?

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Sun May 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Was it 8?
Didn't realise that at all!

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun May 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Hence the reason all the reorders of wave 1, which are still there and the sole reason wave 2 tanked.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Sun May 10, 2015 8:52 pm

I rarely post on the forums but I felt compelled to chime in here. I’m a collector of several 1:12 scale lines from many different companies and was extremely excited for the Game of Thrones Legacy line.

Before I get into my thoughts about Funko’s treatment of Legacy figures, I want to make a distinction. I see many people calling Legacy a ‘line’. I’d call it a ‘brand’ instead. Each property has it’s own ‘line’ within the Legacy ‘brand’. Why should it be referred to like this? Each property’s line (Game of Thrones, Firefly, Book of Life, Magic, etc) has their own DPCI/SKU at retailers like Target, ToysRUs, and Barnes and Noble. Because of this, retailers order and price each line separately from one another. So just because Magic Legacy did not perform as well as Funko surely hoped, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the other lines will suffer as a result of the poor performance.

Having said that, I think the main reasons why the Legacy brand did not do so well was due largely to the early lines that were released. GOT series 1 was highly anticipated and the first production run had horrible quality control. Everyone was having figures break. That alone put a bad taste in many people’s mouths. I had to buy at least 3 of each of the GOT series 1 figures before I had ones that did not break right out of the package. And I’m a collector who’s extremely careful with figures and even heat them or give them a boiling water bath prior to moving them to help prevent breakage.

In regards to the design/engineering of the articulation of the figures, several points of articulation were designed very poorly where the joint did not have proper clearance to function properly (Ned’s elbows, some of their wrists), and others were just flat out designed without an understanding of how they work! (Some of the rocker ankles that have the peg going into the foot at such an angle where they can’t properly allow for wide stance poses as they should)

Another huge problem with the Legacy brand is the choices of lines to produce. Fantastic Mr. Fox and Magic have such small niche audiences that the success of them is pretty easy to question from the get go. It’s pretty widely known that people who play Magic the Gathering stick to the cards and do not really dabble in collectibles. Hasbro attempted to produce a line of Magic action figures several years back (when toys were far cheaper to make and the financial gamble wasn’t nearly as large) and even back then, did not move forward with the toy line probably due to lack of interest on part of the retailers as well as consumers.

The last point that I’d like to mention is the treatment of the Legacy fans. Reaction fans have access to Funko designers who answer questions and there is a constant flow of POP and Legacy news coming out of Funko. News or updates of any sorts for Legacy figures is so sparse that fans are losing interest quite frankly. I’ve seen several people on several forums state that because of the lack of updates, they’ve lost interest. And personally, I am beginning to as well. I’ve been patiently waiting for any news on a GOT series 3 for months.

I hope Funko finds success with the Evolve line (which is the next one to be released under the Legacy brand), but I’m not too optimistic. Evolve didn’t have stellar sales and the reception has only been so-so. Further more, the hype from the game was months ago and this seems like the line may be another Magic mishap. I’m hoping not because I want to continue to se Legacy lines, but I want Funko to make SMART decisions and produce lines from properties that a ton of people are actually clamoring for!

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun May 10, 2015 10:09 pm

Tigger wrote:I rarely post on the forums but I felt compelled to chime in here. I’m a collector of several 1:12 scale lines from many different companies and was extremely excited for the Game of Thrones Legacy line.

Before I get into my thoughts about Funko’s treatment of Legacy figures, I want to make a distinction. I see many people calling Legacy a ‘line’. I’d call it a ‘brand’ instead. Each property has it’s own ‘line’ within the Legacy ‘brand’. Why should it be referred to like this? Each property’s line (Game of Thrones, Firefly, Book of Life, Magic, etc) has their own DPCI/SKU at retailers like Target, ToysRUs, and Barnes and Noble. Because of this, retailers order and price each line separately from one another. So just because Magic Legacy did not perform as well as Funko surely hoped, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the other lines will suffer as a result of the poor performance.

Having said that, I think the main reasons why the Legacy brand did not do so well was due largely to the early lines that were released. GOT series 1 was highly anticipated and the first production run had horrible quality control. Everyone was having figures break. That alone put a bad taste in many people’s mouths. I had to buy at least 3 of each of the GOT series 1 figures before I had ones that did not break right out of the package. And I’m a collector who’s extremely careful with figures and even heat them or give them a boiling water bath prior to moving them to help prevent breakage.

In regards to the design/engineering of the articulation of the figures, several points of articulation were designed very poorly where the joint did not have proper clearance to function properly (Ned’s elbows, some of their wrists), and others were just flat out designed without an understanding of how they work! (Some of the rocker ankles that have the peg going into the foot at such an angle where they can’t properly allow for wide stance poses as they should)

Another huge problem with the Legacy brand is the choices of lines to produce. Fantastic Mr. Fox and Magic have such small niche audiences that the success of them is pretty easy to question from the get go. It’s pretty widely known that people who play Magic the Gathering stick to the cards and do not really dabble in collectibles. Hasbro attempted to produce a line of Magic action figures several years back (when toys were far cheaper to make and the financial gamble wasn’t nearly as large) and even back then, did not move forward with the toy line probably due to lack of interest on part of the retailers as well as consumers.

The last point that I’d like to mention is the treatment of the Legacy fans. Reaction fans have access to Funko designers who answer questions and there is a constant flow of POP and Legacy news coming out of Funko. News or updates of any sorts for Legacy figures is so sparse that fans are losing interest quite frankly. I’ve seen several people on several forums state that because of the lack of updates, they’ve lost interest. And personally, I am beginning to as well. I’ve been patiently waiting for any news on a GOT series 3 for months.

I hope Funko finds success with the Evolve line (which is the next one to be released under the Legacy brand), but I’m not too optimistic. Evolve didn’t have stellar sales and the reception has only been so-so. Further more, the hype from the game was months ago and this seems like the line may be another Magic mishap. I’m hoping not because I want to continue to se Legacy lines, but I want Funko to make SMART decisions and produce lines from properties that a ton of people are actually clamoring for!

I consider it one line with individual waves - much like Marvel Legends. Semantics aside, I think the fans are pretty much all on the same page. This line (or brand) deserves better.
These aren't $8 - $10 cutesie statues. These are adult collectibles. You can not apply the same tactics and expect it to work. I think it's past time they did a fan poll and let us tell them what we want instead of them telling us what they are going to make. It would have saved them a lot of time and money had they done it a year and a half ago.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Sun May 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:I consider it one line with individual waves - much like Marvel Legends. Semantics aside, I think the fans are pretty much all on the same page. This line (or brand) deserves better.
These aren't $8 - $10 cutesie statues. These are adult collectibles. You can not apply the same tactics and expect it to work. I think it's past time they did a fan poll and let us tell them what we want instead of them telling us what they are going to make. It would have saved them a lot of time and money had they done it a year and a half ago.

Going by the comparison to Marvel Legends, that would only work if Marvel Legends included characters from Marvel, DC, and Image Comics. Each Legacy line (GOT, Firefly, Magic, etc) is a different intellectual property and the retailers nor Funko treats them as all the same.

And yes, I think Funko is used to operating in a certain way due to the focus on POP figures and other lower priced items. For articulated collector figures, the market is smaller than those other lines and the consumers know what they want and expect a certain thing. I'm not quite sure a fan vote type of thing would be the solution, but it may help a bit. I think Funko just needs to be receptive of what collectors want in terms of character selection, articulation, price point, etc. Several other companies have had successful highly articulated lines that they can learn from. All it takes is getting an understanding of the target audience as well as similar products from competitors.

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sun May 10, 2015 11:04 pm

I don't think it's a market Funko understands, and since licenses like DC, Marvel and Star Wars are not available to Funko in this 'format', I don't think it's one they will do well in.

Cut bait and run.
Funklub: 11181

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Mon May 11, 2015 1:36 am

Squird wrote:I don't think it's a market Funko understands, and since licenses like DC, Marvel and Star Wars are not available to Funko in this 'format', I don't think it's one they will do well in.

Cut bait and run.

You don't need those liscences to do well.
Macfarlane is an example. They have Halo, Sports and TWD.
I'd imagine Game Of Thrones is on the same level as TWD. Macfarlane are just wiser on how to stock.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon May 11, 2015 2:46 am

I wouldn't consider McF a company that's "doing well" though, to be honest. The only license they have that's a surefire hit is Walking Dead.

When you consider how many figures they used to pump out, sprinkling some Halo and Assassin's Creed figures into the market every now and then isn't blazing a trail anymore.

They've already shut down their NHL line and word has it MLB is next.

I can't see them keeping NBA around forever...and who knows if they'll want to or can invest the capital into keeping the NFL license.

The company is, quite frankly, a shell of it's former self. Gone are the days of innovation.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Squird

Postby Squird » Mon May 11, 2015 8:16 am

Themadpatter wrote:
Squird wrote:I don't think it's a market Funko understands, and since licenses like DC, Marvel and Star Wars are not available to Funko in this 'format', I don't think it's one they will do well in.

Cut bait and run.

You don't need those liscences to do well.
Macfarlane is an example. They have Halo, Sports and TWD.
I'd imagine Game Of Thrones is on the same level as TWD. Macfarlane are just wiser on how to stock.

MacFarlane's glory days are behind them. They were at the forefront of super detailed figures, but now....

Any way, those licenses help. They are the cash cows that make other lines possible. GOT is not going to carry the Fantastic Mr. Fox or Magic.
Funklub: 11181

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon May 11, 2015 8:27 am

I miss the excitement of receiving the McFarlane newsletter. Now-a-days it's all about TWD and... not much else. Their movie lines, their Fantasy/Dragons/Twisted Fairy Tale lines were all awesome. Heck, even their video game lines have all but disappeared.

Hopefully Legacy can make a few good moves and fill in the hole that they've left behind.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Mon May 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Comparisons to MCF are understandable, but this line can be so much more than that. If they would just stop with the constant screw ups. (my firefly figures are already late. i waited long enough. give it!)

Jsp111183

Postby Jsp111183 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 am

Supernatural Legacy would be fantastic
Have a few pops to trade for gamestop call of duty pops. Including got pops, walking dead, horror and tv. Pm if interested

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Tue May 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Jsp111183 wrote:Supernatural Legacy would be fantastic

The single most requested property for Legacy. And to my knowledge, unless funko holds the rights to them, no one has the rights to them. so the "that belongs to such and such" excuse doesnt really work. There are certainly more Supernatural fans than there are Evolve/Magic/Book of Life/Fantastic Mr. Fox fans. Probably more fans than Firefly, even.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Fri May 22, 2015 6:18 pm

I would go for Supernatural.

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Sat May 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Is there a list of upcoming Legacy figures? :)
TWD: Aaron GOT: Loras Tyrell AHS: Kit, Lana, Kyle, Jimmy

Wants; -King of the hill -Archie/Riverdale -Charmed

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun May 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Younger_Avenger wrote:Is there a list of upcoming Legacy figures? :)

Evolve Wave 1 :
Maggie
Val
Hank
Markov
Goliath

The Rocketeer

Unknown Lineup for Skyrim
Unknown Lineup for Fallout

Normally, I would look at POP for references as to who they will be releasing for Legacy, but something tells me Alduin won't make the cut.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:12 am

I would love to see a Legacy line of Supernatural and back in the day both my kids collected MacFarland dragons, they were awesome.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue May 26, 2015 6:03 am

Thedevilsdue wrote:but something tells me Alduin won't make the cut.

ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:42 am

Thedevilsdue wrote:The fans of this line want to know where are the properties they love? Where are the properties with a fan base? (Supernatural. Once Upon a Time. Charmed. Buffy. Xena - my personal request. Vikings. Spartacus. the list goes on and on) Where are the characters that people are willing to spend money on?

Um. Xena is MY personal request! You can have Gabrielle as your personal request. On the other hand, the more Xena fans the better! The complete absence of Xena from all of Funko's lines, whether PoP, ReAction or Legacy, is baffling to me.

As for the others, I agree about Supernatural. The TV series is still on the air and there is clearly a dedicated fan base. Also, I would presume that Sam and Dean (and probably Castiel as well) could share at least some of the same parts.

I'm not sure about Once Upon A Time. I would love to see a "Disney Classics" line with Princesses, Princes, Villains, Mickey and Friends, etc. But, I'm not too keen on OUAT's version of beloved characters.

SOTA Toys tried with the Charmed brand and presumably failed. Both series of action figures were well made with good likenesses, excellent articulation (particularly the second series) and absolutely awesome bases/playsets. Other than the fact that they couldn't make a Prue action figure, I'm not sure what else SOTA Toys could have done to make them a success. Similarly, Diamond Select Toys (DST) did some great work with their "deluxe" Buffy and Angel action figures and they also failed after a few series, although there were some odd choices (e.g. including Kennedy before any number of fan-demanded characters).

I think Vikings would work. Again, it's a TV series that is still on air and I think "army building" style action figures have a broad appeal to adult action figure collectors. The various Viking characters would make for some great army builders. Spartacus would also make for some decent army builders, but with the Caesar spin-off apparently not happening, I don't see an action figure line being released for such a niche TV series.

And that just leaves Xena. I'm bias, but I think that a Xena: Warrior Princess action figure would have broad appeal. It's a classic design with some cool accessories and Xena, along with Buffy and X-Files, is one of the biggest pop culture icons from the 1990s. I think Xena would also have appeal as a general gladiatrix/Amazon type action figure. And if they made Xena, then they would have to make Gabrielle, even if she's only part of some kind of limited edition two-pack with a Xena variant. I'd keep going with Callisto, Ares, Joxer, Caesar, Alti, etc but with the exception of Callisto and Ares they're probably getting beyond the realms of realistic possibilities. And Ares would probably have likeness licensing issues with the unfortunate passing of Kevin Smith.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:48 pm

I'm in for a Buffy line with Buffy, Willow, Angel, Spike, Faith, Giles, Xander, and a few Big Bads!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Thu May 28, 2015 1:50 am

Xena would need at least 10 waves. With all the different versions of Xena including diana and meg, and the different gabrielles including hope, ares, Callisto, goddess callisto, demon callisto, angel callisto, velasca, Alti, eve, livia, eli, aphrodite, cupid, caesar, Effiny (sp?), the various gods, demons, and monsters... it could go on for a long while.

OUAT has a rather large fan base. certainly bigger than all of the failed properties they've attempted.

Charmed from SOTA was awesome, I have all of them. but they had minimal articulation in the first wave. arms and neck, and their faces were truly horrific. those dioramas, tho!

Buffy/Angel suffered from not really being visible to anyone who wasn't necessarily looking. i had no idea until about a year ago they even existed.

Spatacus, again, has a much bigger following that is still growing in spite of its cancellation than much of their failed attempts.

I don't watch Vikings because i think it's a GOT ripoff. But it could be successful.

Supernatural couldn't use the same molds for sam and dean. Sam's nickname is moose for a reason. But they could indeed use SOME of the same parts. They could even share parts with Crowley in their FBI impersonator variants!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:13 am

Penny Dreadful would be an awesome line for Legacy. I would also love to see Hercules and Xena. A Clash of the Titans line would be outstanding ( I'm talking about the 80's version). I have been buying up the rest of The Game of Thrones figures that I haven't already got and am very hopeful for wave three.

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:12 am

Thedevilsdue wrote:Buffy/Angel suffered from not really being visible to anyone who wasn't necessarily looking. i had no idea until about a year ago they even existed.

You seriously didn't know these shows existed!? Seriously?!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri May 29, 2015 5:58 am

Thedevilsdue wrote:I don't watch Vikings because i think it's a GOT ripoff. But it could be successful.

Interesting outlook...I couldn't get past two episodes so I cannot see the comparison.

I don't watch it because I have an affinity for Nordic culture and so much of this show is too riddled with inaccuracies for a channel that calls itself the HISTORY channel.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Fri May 29, 2015 9:46 am

tlc38tlc38 wrote:
Thedevilsdue wrote:Buffy/Angel suffered from not really being visible to anyone who wasn't necessarily looking. i had no idea until about a year ago they even existed.

You seriously didn't know these shows existed!? Seriously?!

they toy lines. i knew the shows existed. haha

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:00 am

^lol ok. You scared me there for a minute.

I know, the Buffy lines haven't been well advertised then we don't get a second wave because they don't sell. It's almost like they want the line to fail.

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:40 am

Thedevilsdue wrote:Xena would need at least 10 waves.

I wish! But, I think we'd be lucky to get one wave. Standard Xena (variant with super/ying yang chakram instead of standard chakram), Standard Season 3/4 Gabrielle (variant with "Hope" headsculpt (i.e. a frown instead of a smile)), Callisto (variant with "goddess" eyes or possibly with her face scar) and Ares (variant with "short hair").

Maybe they could do costume variants for Xena (e.g. either her "Evil Warrior" costume from Hercules or her season 5 "magic pregnancy) costume) and Gabrielle (e.g. either her season 5 leather Amazon bikini or season 6 suede Amazon bikini), but that seems unlikely in the Legacy line.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Valkyrie Xena. Harem Xena. Geisha Xena. Amazon Shamaness Xena. warlord xena. demon xena. archangel xena. and many more! hahaha!

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Yeah I could see Xena

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:46 am

jenjen wrote:Yeah I could see Xena

Excellent input as always LOL.

I wonder if Xena still has the punch it once had in order for them to make so many waves. I know that is just wishful thinking, but it actually made me stop and think. I wish we could rekindle Xena for younger generations, but like most reboots, it would probably miss the point about what made that show great in the first place.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

VulcansFury

Postby VulcansFury » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:24 pm

So, any SDCC Legacy news yet?

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:00 pm

VulcansFury wrote:So, any SDCC Legacy news yet?

No. and there was none at all last year, so im not expecting any. toyfair seems to be the go-to even for legacy reveals. But anything they do show will be a welcome surprise.

Return to “Action Figures”