Firefly have arrived!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Younger_Avenger

Firefly have arrived!

Postby Younger_Avenger » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Postage came today. Really love them. I only picked up two of the GOT Legacy figures because I already started getting the Dark horse line but these are great. Cutting down on my POP! In take so I can save room for future Legacy figure lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Younger_Avenger on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TWD: Aaron GOT: Loras Tyrell AHS: Kit, Lana, Kyle, Jimmy

Wants; -King of the hill -Archie/Riverdale -Charmed

Thedevilsdue

Re: Firefly have arrived.

Postby Thedevilsdue » Thu May 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Congrats! Can't wait til mine get here.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:52 am

Looks very nice, might show them to my son but he tells me he is trying to save money. LOL
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Fri May 22, 2015 1:02 am

oh man! those are fantastic!
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri May 22, 2015 1:23 am

Wow those look decent! No room in my place for another line of Funko though lol

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Fri May 22, 2015 2:15 am

dolphinax2 wrote:Looks very nice, might show them to my son but he tells me he is trying to save money. LOL

What is this "save money" you speak of? haha!

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Fri May 22, 2015 11:09 am

Nice!

Looks like Jayne's got a bit of Funko's trademarked "facial-hair asymmetry" problem that plagued the Jon Snow figures, but everything else looks as good as the protos!

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Fri May 22, 2015 11:38 am

Can't wait!!
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

StefaniLynne19

Postby StefaniLynne19 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Those are awesome!!!!
Somehow lost my old account, so here is my new one! Hello!
-Stefanie

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Tue May 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Good deal. I have Mal and Jayne with hat on pre-order. Hopefully they will be shipping out soon.

wraith1701

Postby wraith1701 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Congratulations, Younger_Avenger. I have a set on pre-order at EE, but I haven't got notification yet. Where did you order yours from?

wraith1701

Postby wraith1701 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:07 pm

BTW; I hope you open those bad-boys up. I'd love to see 'em out of the package. :)

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Tue May 26, 2015 7:21 pm

These look outstanding.
Got Pixie Dust?

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Tue May 26, 2015 8:43 pm

I bought them from Popcultcha. (I live in driving distance to them but I don't drive but postage really only takes 2-4 days). I don't open them so I can't take out of box pics :/ haha. I wanted to get the hat versions but I wasn't sure if the hats come off and I have this thing where I always want my figures and such to be mask/hat-less. Haha.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:01 am

Amazon.com on Wash and Zoe: "Your new estimated delivery date is: Tuesday, June 9, 2015"

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Still deciding on these, look cool.

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Grabbed a Wash already, other 4 are set aside to purchase later. The sculpt on Zoe is amazing. It's almost scary how spot on it is.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

punksraven

Postby punksraven » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Got wash and zoe from amazon today. How disappointing that they went back to the clear plastic that plagued series 1 of game of thrones. Zoe's arm snapped off at the elbow just removing her from the package.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:58 am

punksraven wrote:Got wash and zoe from amazon today. How disappointing that they went back to the clear plastic that plagued series 1 of game of thrones. Zoe's arm snapped off at the elbow just removing her from the package.

you would have thought they'd have learned their lesson. Especially with how long it took them to produce these (a year and a half) you would think they had time to fix that if it wasn't intentional. sad times. but at least the sculpts look amazing.

Thedevilsdue

Re: Firefly have arrived!

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Just got mine today.
The (clear plastic a.k.a. cheap and brittle) bar that goes through Kaylee's crotch is too long, making it so her leg can not go into the socket like it should.
Mal's legs are either turned in at the knee or his fet are pointed outward (take your pick, because you're stuck with one or the other) and he has a gut! Mal isn't supposed to have a gut!
Wash's hand almost split in two when i tried to rotate it. Had my hands not been positioned just the right way, i wouldn't have seen the split, and I would have ripped off his thumb and index finger along with half his hand.

Cheap plastic in the joints. Tacky paint that rubs off if you put a weapon in their hands. Super soft plastic that I'm almost certain is made from the same thing as a pencil eraser for hands. TERRIBLE quality. Like not even half as good as the original offering of game of thrones wave 1. When i say terrible I mean it really doesn't get any worse without being from the dollar tree.

Thank the lord someone knows how to sculpt, because they saved what chance is left for these to do well. Zoe and Jayne are the two big winners here. They are nearly perfect (aside from knowing they were made poorly with sub-par materials) My hopes for a wave 2 are almost completely gone now.

I thought after the reissued wave 1 of Game of Thrones, and had better quality in Magic and Game of Thrones wave 2 they knew better than this. I'm shocked and disappointed. Yet for some reason I'm still hopeful that they will learn their lesson and start to get it right. I guess we'll find out when Fallout and Skyrim hit shelves. (im passing on evolve completely after this.)

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:17 am

Thedevilsdue wrote:Thank the lord someone knows how to sculpt, because they saved what chance is left for these to do well. Zoe and Jayne are the two big winners here. They are nearly perfect (aside from knowing they were made poorly with sub-par materials) My hopes for a wave 2 are almost completely gone now.

Oh no :-/ Seen a few similar horrid reviews of the figures on Fwoosh and Instagram. A couple people on Instagram had breakage issues right out of the packages as well. I really don't know how Funko could go back to the brittle clear plastic for the joints. Thought they learned with GOT wave 1. This is the same issue that plagued DC Collectables (formerly DC Direct) action figures for years and they finally addressed.

The unfortunate part is that I thought I read somewhere that Funko was no longer going to be working with Gentle Giant on Legacy who has sculpted all of the figures thus far.

Thedevilsdue

Postby Thedevilsdue » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:36 am

Tigger wrote:
Thedevilsdue wrote:Thank the lord someone knows how to sculpt, because they saved what chance is left for these to do well. Zoe and Jayne are the two big winners here. They are nearly perfect (aside from knowing they were made poorly with sub-par materials) My hopes for a wave 2 are almost completely gone now.

Oh no :-/ Seen a few similar horrid reviews of the figures on Fwoosh and Instagram. A couple people on Instagram had breakage issues right out of the packages as well. I really don't know how Funko could go back to the brittle clear plastic for the joints. Thought they learned with GOT wave 1. This is the same issue that plagued DC Collectables (formerly DC Direct) action figures for years and they finally addressed.

The unfortunate part is that I thought I read somewhere that Funko was no longer going to be working with Gentle Giant on Legacy who has sculpted all of the figures thus far.

I've seen that rumor as well, and I do not know how much validity there is to that, because i've never seen it said by anyone at funko. All I know is that according to one of the designers they are looking at different options for quality control issues, and making some major changes to the line as a whole.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Hmm lots of insight might pass on these.

Younger_Avenger

Postby Younger_Avenger » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Thedevilsdue wrote:Just got mine today.
The (clear plastic a.k.a. cheap and brittle) bar that goes through Kaylee's crotch is too long, making it so her leg can not go into the socket like it should.
Mal's legs are either turned in at the knee or his fet are pointed outward (take your pick, because you're stuck with one or the other) and he has a gut! Mal isn't supposed to have a gut!
Wash's hand almost split in two when i tried to rotate it. Had my hands not been positioned just the right way, i wouldn't have seen the split, and I would have ripped off his thumb and index finger along with half his hand.

Cheap plastic in the joints. Tacky paint that rubs off if you put a weapon in their hands. Super soft plastic that I'm almost certain is made from the same thing as a pencil eraser for hands. TERRIBLE quality. Like not even half as good as the original offering of game of thrones wave 1. When i say terrible I mean it really doesn't get any worse without being from the dollar tree.

Thank the lord someone knows how to sculpt, because they saved what chance is left for these to do well. Zoe and Jayne are the two big winners here. They are nearly perfect (aside from knowing they were made poorly with sub-par materials) My hopes for a wave 2 are almost completely gone now.

I thought after the reissued wave 1 of Game of Thrones, and had better quality in Magic and Game of Thrones wave 2 they knew better than this. I'm shocked and disappointed. Yet for some reason I'm still hopeful that they will learn their lesson and start to get it right. I guess we'll find out when Fallout and Skyrim hit shelves. (im passing on evolve completely after this.)

Uh that's so sad. A few of the many reasons I don't open any of my figures. :(

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Mal, Wash, and Zoe arrived today. I'm satisfied with the paint on Wash and Zoe but I will be rebuying Mal (his eyes weren't evenly painted on the one I got).

Has anyone been to Barnes & Noble this week to see if they're in the stores?

See the terror of a Mal figure being man-handled: https://youtu.be/AH-nNiuRAPY

Disco_Jedi

Postby Disco_Jedi » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Check your Toys R Us folks, they are out!!!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Well, all I know is they work for me. LOVE THESE GUYS!!!

Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

Jackknight

Postby Jackknight » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Mal's coat looks too short. Was leaning toward skipping these being they already aren't finishing the Reaction set. With the problems with them breaking now, they're a definite pass.

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Love the dinos. :)
Got Pixie Dust?

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Scotty wrote:Well, all I know is they work for me. LOVE THESE GUYS!!!

Wow, Kaylee looks tiny in your pic! She's the one who hasn't arrived yet, in my order from Amazon, so I haven't seen her in person yet. Is she really that small or is it just a strange photo?

Darth Vlad

Postby Darth Vlad » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Jackknight wrote:Was leaning toward skipping these being they already aren't finishing the Reaction set.

This is a problem I have with getting into these. I really want the figures, but I've heard it all depends on how this wave sells. I don't want to invest in 5/9ths of regular cast only to find out later that I won't get the Tams, Inara and Book. If Funko guarantees that I'm going to get all 9 of the Firefly crew and passengers, then I'm on board.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Next time I'm at Michaels I think I'm going to pick up some acrylic paint, burgundy color (maybe rosewood or wine, hard to say until I see what selections exist), matte finish, to repaint Mal's shirt a bit brighter in color and not glossy.

Especially after seeing Kaylee, with her bright color scheme, I think Mal needs a little bit more color. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a few of these figs to experiment on.

Has anyone chosen what they feel is the best paint for Mal's shirt? I'll report back on what i find at Michaels. Might be a couple weeks though.

BluesBroSJ

Postby BluesBroSJ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:16 pm

I...... I don't know how I missed these. *Runs to buy Jayne and Mal*

KnifeStreet

Postby KnifeStreet » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:10 am

Has there been any official word on whether they finally make the rest of the cast? Pop! was a no, ReAction was a no, can Firelfy fans get a break?

KnifeStreet

Postby KnifeStreet » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:10 am

KnifeStreet wrote:Has there been any official word on whether they finally make the rest of the cast? Pop! was a no, ReAction was a no, can Firelfy fans get a break?

Anyone heard anything about whether or not we can expect a second set?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:14 am

funkystark wrote:Wow those look decent! No room in my place for another line of Funko though lol

If I wanted to be kicked out of my house I would have room hahah but I agree look awesome but can't spread out like that.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Ok, ready for wave 2 !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KnifeStreet

Postby KnifeStreet » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:04 pm

willbfree wrote:Ok, ready for wave 2 !

Ditto, but I doubt we'll ever see it. It would be great to see River, Simon, Shepherd, Inara, Saffron and a reaver. Hell, maybe even a 2-pack of the blue gloved gentlemen.

henzINNIT

Postby henzINNIT » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Recently tracked down the Previews exclusive Jayne in hat, and completed my Firefly collection. It's been fun getting these guys, but bittersweet also.

Got Jayne and Wash first, they were great all round: good sculpts and paintwork. Loved getting Vera and the little dinosaurs. The other 3? More troubling. Took a little longer to find any of the others with decent paint apps. When I did, Mal's wrists snapped right out of the package. Zoe's elbows suffered the same fate. I haven't bothered to return either because I don't fancy my chances of finding replacements with good paint as well as sturdy joints. The sculpts nice on both though, with great detail work on the figures and accessories.

Despite the issues I found with the others, Kaylee is the loser of the bunch. The body is well sculpted and painted, but as previously mentioned, she's seems too small standing with the others. The head is also a tad generic, even after finding the one with the best paint apps. She's light on accessories too, with only a tiny wrench. Her iconic umbrella, strawberry box, or the damaged compression coil would have been great additions. I was surprised to find no breakages in her tiny arms which is a plus, but overall this figure was a disappointment.

So that's the 'Firefly Legacy' Legacy from my point of view. I'm really grateful to have them, and applaud Funko for the effort they put into the line. It's a shame QC issues kind of soured their release, but they are well worth owning. I just hope us fans are thrown a bone, and we get the rest of the crew.

C'mon Funko, it's about time something Firefly releated got a second series!

KnifeStreet

Postby KnifeStreet » Mon May 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Six months and we can't even get an answer?

Return to “Action Figures”