Game of Thrones and Legacy

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
SnowCrow

Game of Thrones and Legacy

Postby SnowCrow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:14 pm

So, according to Funko's Cameron @ Toy Fair 2016, Legacy no more. The new line is a combination of ReAction and Legacy with a 9-point articulation. It'll look something like this:
Checkout the Pixel Dan interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMkzjeJ ... freload=10

TadGhostal

Re: Game of Thrones and Legacy

Postby TadGhostal » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:31 am

Cameron said in that interview that Legacy would be scaled back, and he didn't mention Legacy figures specifically when he ran down the lines of other upcoming Funko GOT products, but he did not say that Legacy was no more. Unless he said that somewhere else.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:03 am

^^This. And the scaling back is mostly because Barnes & Noble doesn't want them any more. Once they figure out where they can sell them, there may yet be a third GoT and a final Firefly.

SnowCrow

Postby SnowCrow » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Clarity. Yup, it's getting blended into the ReAction line, per this Toy Fair re-cap video @ 10mm:10ss: http://funko.com/blogs/news/91588547-toy-fair-recap

And no wonder: just a couple days ago when I was dusting my shelf, my White Walker"s hand snapped off. (I could never get that thing to stand for any given time.) And the the first Jon Snow I ordered was missing a hand. They were just poorly made. But they looked good.

Another angle, more figures:Image

Jocelyn

Postby Jocelyn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Did they actually mention GoT Legacy in that video? Much less it being consolidated into ReAction? I didn't watch the full 30 minutes, just that small bit before they moved onto the Alien figures nearby, so maybe I missed something. I'm feeling more a lack of clarity lol

SnowCrow

Postby SnowCrow » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Also read it from an article at: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/toy-fair-2016-funko-expands-with-suicide-squad-civil-war-game-of-thrones-more

That stated: At the same time, Funko will launch a new series simply called Action Figures that will combine the details of the Legacy line with the 3 3/4-inch scale of the ReActions, as you can see in the first line, dedicated to "Game of Thrones."

Sorry, but I also own Legacy pieces. I know, it's hard to hear, I wanted a a third wave too.

Jocelyn

Postby Jocelyn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:58 pm

GoT Legacy is the reason I joined this site, but by now I've essentially written off a third wave. I just got tired of the on-again, off-again battle with hope for, what...a year? Lol. The main reason I love Legacy is because of the accuracy in the likenesses, especially the faces. I'm anal about portraits. If this new line can achieve something similar with a reasonable amount of accuracy (I know the drop in scale with naturally affect that), then whatever I'm down.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:29 am

Jocelyn wrote:Did they actually mention GoT Legacy in that video? Much less it being consolidated into ReAction? I didn't watch the full 30 minutes, just that small bit before they moved onto the Alien figures nearby, so maybe I missed something. I'm feeling more a lack of clarity lol

Nope, no he doesn't. SnowCrow is bull sitting here, maybe trying to get a rise out of Funko.

A statement that the 3 3/4 figures have detail like Legacy in a scale like ReAction does not mean anything in regards to the existence of Legacy or ReAction. If you could extrapolate meaning out of such comparisons, then that would mean that since cupcakes are like cake there's no such thing as cake anymore. (When in fact, cake and cupcakes both exist).

What we know is that there was no news about cake at Toy Fair - but then again there was no news about a few other Funko plans either, like the Firefly Dorbz Ride. Clearly Funko has other priorities besides Legacy right now, but none of us have any idea whether Legacy might come around again.

SnowCrow

Postby SnowCrow » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Grow up "willbfree" even on Funko's website both Legacy and ReAction sections are now combined into 'Action Figures'. And I didn't make the announcement. If you didn't hear in the interview, the Comic Book Resources article mentioned the merging of the lines at Toy Fair. And it's been over a year: We've heard nothing more from Legacy, Toy Fair is where the manufacturers announce their lines. Deduce, Sherlock.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Sorry, but no.

Their statements about the new line are not statements about Legacy or ReAction. They simply aren't.

When there eventually is a statement about Legacy, it may indeed be "we're ending Legacy", but, that statement hasn't been made yet.

SnowCrow wrote:Deduce, Sherlock.

So, you're only making a deduction? Very forthright of you. Everyone who has been following Legacy's lack of news has considered the same deduction - and in the absence of any announcement that's all we have.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Hey but don't take my word for it - here's Cameron's actual words from the floor, while showing off the 3 3/4 GoT figures:

"On top of that we have a new line that we're talking about thats going to be a little bit like ReAction mixed with Legacy. So, the articulation and detail orientation of Legacy mixed with like the size and feel of ReAction. So, we're calling them 'action figures' right now, so, we'll have more information about it later. But it's a way to combine really strong elements of both lines."

https://youtu.be/FMkzjeJ6D1w?t=4m13s

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:19 pm

SnowCrow wrote:Clarity. Yup, it's getting blended into the ReAction line, per this Toy Fair re-cap video @ 10mm:10ss: http://funko.com/blogs/news/91588547-toy-fair-recap

Here's the transcript of that moment of the video
(direct link https://youtu.be/XG8md3pALPU?t=10m10s )

"This is a new action figure line we're doing, 3 and 3/4 inch, way more sophisticated than the ReAction line. Lots of detail. We're doing this Wall playset too."

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:20 pm

The Jon Snow looks good. I'll probably buy him and Tyrion to start and then see how I feel.

I'm counting the Legacy line as done. I can appreciate the optimism from some of you but I don't see anything pointing to us getting more Legacy figures. The properties they've done so far haven't moved well, even at discounted rates. I'm dying for a Red Viper and River Tam in Legacy form but I'm not expecting either to ever happen.

Hopefully we're getting a commitment to this new line from them. Meaning we'll see Cersei, Red Viper, Bran, Joffery, Daario, Tywin, and a good bulk of the characters we were waiting on with the Legacy line, that we seemingly aren't ever going to get.

SnowCrow

Postby SnowCrow » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

You know, I wish I could get the ROI above $10. Oh S#!T, I took took them out of the box...
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/GameofThrones/
They could have done better. See what Hasbro did with the Star Wars line?
I'm really impressed with this piece: It's fully articulated and detailed. And it's STURDY!

Hurcaneman

Postby Hurcaneman » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm definitely interested in the new line.

SnowCrow

Postby SnowCrow » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:13 pm

So the official word is starting in May through June:

Coming in May!

Game of Thrones – Funko Action Figures & The Wall Display Set
In addition to the new Dorbz line, Funko is also introducing a new line
of articulated Games of Thrones Action Figures that will
let fans act out their favorite scenes from the series!
Funko’s latest figures stand at 3.75” and have five points of articulation!
The first wave features Jon Snow, Samwell Tarly,
Ghost, Ygritte, Tormund Giantsbane,
Rattleshirt (aka Lord of Bones), Magnar of Thenn,
a White Walker, and The Night King!
In addition to the individual figures, Funko is also releasing The Wall
Display Set, which stands at 13” tall with 15” tall scaffolding
to feature or interact with up to 25 Funko Action Figures!

This display set comes with an exclusive Tyrion Lannister Action Figure!
Collect the whole set this June!

tacsniper

Postby tacsniper » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:23 pm

And Funko is now taking on Hasbro! Can't wait to compare some Star Wars figures in this size category against Hasbro's.

amandadnama3

Postby amandadnama3 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:26 pm

SnowCrow wrote:So, according to Funko's Cameron @ Toy Fair 2016, Legacy no more. The new line is a combination of ReAction and Legacy with a 9-point articulation. It'll look something like this:
Checkout the Pixel Dan interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMkzjeJ ... freload=10

Thanks for posting this. After seeing today's announcement from Funko I thought that Legacy was gone. I'm just late to the game!

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:31 pm

The GOT figures of the 3 3/4 inch look great with a good enough sculpt of the characters faces. I have the Jon Snow 6 inch figure and the face looks generic. The expression of the 3 3/4 inch Jon Snow looks authentic to the character of the show. The line of 3 3/4 inch could have the potential to create more characters of the show that the 6 inch could never have reached.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Entertainment Earth and Big Bad both have them listed for June. I hope we see them shortly, either at retail or the online stores get them sooner. I've decided I'm all in on Ygritte, Jon Snow, Ghost, Sam, White Walker, Night King and The Wall. I might pick up the other 3 at some point but the others are all definite for me. I really hope this first wave does really well because we can get quite a few characters at 10 in a wave if they continue on.

It's always a gamble to not unleash a bulk of the most popular characters to kick off a line imo. No Khaleesi, no Cersei, Tyrion will run you $30, no Arya, I mean I'm all aboard the Jon Snow train but if this line doesn't continue we're going to be left wondering why Funko got out 10 figures and only 2 major characters in Snow and Tyrion. That's not to say I'm not happy to see Sam and Ygritte, but stuff like Styr and Tormund wasn't anything I was knocking the door down to get. The Night King looks amazing though. So I'll take that win. I get sticking with the theme. I just hope people buy into it, literally.

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Thu May 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Now (or a couple weeks ago actually) there has finally been a statement about the Legacy line. This is the first time the future of Game of Thrones' Legacy line has been addressed, soothsaying notwithstanding:

ReisOBrien » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:44 am

Hi Reis...is there still a hope for the Legacy GoT wave 3 ?

Not at this point, sorry.

Bummer.

Toysflo

Postby Toysflo » Thu May 05, 2016 4:33 pm

willbfree wrote:Now (or a couple weeks ago actually) there has finally been a statement about the Legacy line. This is the first time the future of Game of Thrones' Legacy line has been addressed, soothsaying notwithstanding:

ReisOBrien » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:44 am

Hi Reis...is there still a hope for the Legacy GoT wave 3 ?

Not at this point, sorry.

Bummer.

If only you knew ... I've asked about the line a million times the customer service on twitter and facebook, no answers for months, really.
"Hopefully" Reis got me an answer.
Very sad news, I'm still waiting for Joffrey, The Mountain, Stannis, Jorah and Bronn figures.
I think I'll start to make customs.

emgamera

Postby emgamera » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:51 pm

I picked this line up at my LCS this week. Since I haven't seen any reviews, I thought I'd give my quick two cents.

They're great! For the most part, they look real close to what we've already seen. Obviously, the most recent press images were computer renders, but the final product is right in the ballpark.

Happily, the quality is solid. From the looks in the package, I was concerned that some of the joints might be a bit soft or fragile, but that's not the case. There's a good feeling to the plastic and the joints are nice and tight.

Only two stuck joints (a shoulder on Rattleshirt and a leg on Ghost), but 20 minutes in the freezer and a little bit of care and both came free without any loosening.

These are the only negatives I can find:
1) It might take some searching to find great paint apps on Jon Snow's face. He's the only one that I really saw any kind of deviation with, however.
2) This is a bigger deal. Every single figure I saw (this shop had at least two cases) had the bubble scotch-taped back onto the card (by the store). Whatever the packaging factory is using to affix the bubbles to the cards just isn't holding. So every one of the figures looked like a return.

This is a bummer. I feel like Funko can't catch a break with this license. They got their QC issues sorted, and now it's the packaging. I worry that bubbles falling off cards can really hinder a line's chances of re-orders at mass retail. I hope it gets sorted, as I'm all in for whatever they produce in this line.

Toysflo

Postby Toysflo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:57 am

I really don't like the new GoT 3,75" figures. Jon Snow face is ugly :( IMO
I miss the Legacy line so much.

punksnotdead

Postby punksnotdead » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:08 pm

I have Jon Snow, Night King and Ghost pre-ordered on Amazon but EE got them in stock and I ordered a Jon Snow to get him sooner. He should be to my by the end of the week. I'm going to wait to find the rest. I didn't even think about checking at my comic shop but they're usually a couple bucks higher than msrp on everything anyway. Sad to hear about paint app issues on Jon Snow...

emgamera

Postby emgamera » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:22 pm

I should clarify a bit. I wouldn't call it a paint app issue by any means. It's not a huge deal, but you'll certainly benefit from having a few to choose from!

JonSnuu

Postby JonSnuu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:21 pm

My pre-ordered Jon Snow came in yesterday from BBTS. No paint issues at all. Really dig this figure. I hope we'll see enough waves to get a Jon in Stark gear ala Battle of the Bastards.

I'm going to pick up the rest of wave one, too.

kassle

Postby kassle » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Hope the next wave is King's Landing with Cersei, Joffrey, Jaime, Margaery, Littlefinger, etc. I really like the look of these but so many of the characters chosen are secondary characters at best.

Toysflo

Postby Toysflo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:32 am

I honestly doubt that this line got better sales than the Legacy one. IMO

JonSnuu

Postby JonSnuu » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:17 pm

BBTS is already halfway sold out of wave 1. That's gotta count for something!

kassle

Postby kassle » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Jon & Ygritte are mid-ship. Completely forgot to grab the wolfie. Will need to do that.

Return to “Action Figures”