Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
bgiles73

Re: Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Postby bgiles73 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey Reis. I'm just now noticing on my Son of Zorn figure that just under his wrist gauntlets there appears to be swivel wrist articulation. Is this indeed meant to be a swivel? I don't want to force it if not, but that would be a useful bit of articulation if it is.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:26 am

bgiles73 wrote:Hey Reis. I'm just now noticing on my Son of Zorn figure that just under his wrist gauntlets there appears to be swivel wrist articulation. Is this indeed meant to be a swivel? I don't want to force it if not, but that would be a useful bit of articulation if it is.

No, not meant to swivel. It should be one solid arm, no articulation at all.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:19 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
commodorefunko wrote:I love the Batmobile! Any more Rides planned for 9POA?

Not at the moment. We have some we'd love to make in the future, but we want to see how the Batmobile does first. :)

You can count me in for getting one!
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

froyomorada

Postby froyomorada » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Excited for the classic batman series Action figures especially Batmobile since im collecting diff classic batmobile figures!
i have a couple of questions.

1.) is there a plan for other classic batman series characters to have an action figure? Would love to see an Eartha Kitt Catwoman!
2.) since funko is not doing Reaction anymore, are there plans to have Golden Girls as 9POA ?

Thank you!
Collector since July 2016 :freddy1:

Current Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... H661EJ8FZ/

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:53 am

I know this is the spot for 9POA questions but I got a burning question for Son of Zorn/Conan type figures. Reis, if y'all have given any thought to other licenses Beyond Conan the Barbarian, please say Lou Ferigno's 1980s Hercules is a given? Lou deserves an action figure and who doesn't want a Sybil Danning figure?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:08 pm

froyomorada wrote:Excited for the classic batman series Action figures especially Batmobile since im collecting diff classic batmobile figures!
i have a couple of questions.

1.) is there a plan for other classic batman series characters to have an action figure? Would love to see an Eartha Kitt Catwoman!
2.) since funko is not doing Reaction anymore, are there plans to have Golden Girls as 9POA ?

Thank you!

Hopefully, if these sell well, there will be a second series for Batman '66.
No plans for any more Golden Girls action figures. Sorry!

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:10 pm

bgiles73 wrote:I know this is the spot for 9POA questions but I got a burning question for Son of Zorn/Conan type figures. Reis, if y'all have given any thought to other licenses Beyond Conan the Barbarian, please say Lou Ferigno's 1980s Hercules is a given? Lou deserves an action figure and who doesn't want a Sybil Danning figure?

Yeeeaaahhh.... Those are a little too obscure to warrant a toyline. But I'm working on some big ideas for this style of figure, so keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned for more info!

ImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm kinda curious, Reis, so if you aren't somehow banned from answering this question, may I ask:

What is a franchise that YOU'D like to do in 9 POA?
Unity, Duty, Destiny

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:I'm kinda curious, Reis, so if you aren't somehow banned from answering this question, may I ask:

I can't answer that honestly because it may happen.

But my second choice (that'll most likely never happen) is figures based on the classic Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. Not that anyone else would want them. But I can dream.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Would really love to see a Frazetta inspired Death Dealer in the Zorn format! Especially if we could get a Battle Cat inspired Warhorse!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:39 am

bgiles73 wrote:Would really love to see a Frazetta inspired Death Dealer in the Zorn format! Especially if we could get a Battle Cat inspired Warhorse!

Now THAT is an awesome idea!

ImageImage

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:37 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Ben_ToaofFire wrote:I'm kinda curious, Reis, so if you aren't somehow banned from answering this question, may I ask:

I can't answer that honestly because it may happen.

But my second choice (that'll most likely never happen) is figures based on the classic Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. Not that anyone else would want them. But I can dream.

I would LOVE some of the D&D figures!!!!
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

PittGuy76

Postby PittGuy76 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm

I would love the D&D animated series figures as well.

Also, is there a license available for any of the animated Rankin Bass features like The Hobbit or Last Unicorn? I would love to see those too, so are they a possibility?

kassle

Postby kassle » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 pm

I honestly was thinking about Animated D&D figs a few weeks ago in 9PoA. Loved that show and would love to see figs.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:59 pm

PittGuy76 wrote:I would love the D&D animated series figures as well.

Also, is there a license available for any of the animated Rankin Bass features like The Hobbit or Last Unicorn? I would love to see those too, so are they a possibility?

Not sure if those would be big sellers. I mean, I would love them, but I think they're too old.

ImageImage

PittGuy76

Postby PittGuy76 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Most of the things I would love are too old or obscure for the masses. That's what sucks about being in your 40s. Thank you for your answers.

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:07 am

Hmm...I've just found out about a first appearance Superman figure that was apparently in the Legion of Collectors box recently...

Are we gonna get results like those initial Suicide Squad figures from this, or is this just a one-off? Or can you not say right now?
Unity, Duty, Destiny

lancequazar

Postby lancequazar » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:43 am

ReisOBrien wrote:But my second choice (that'll most likely never happen) is figures based on the classic Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. Not that anyone else would want them. But I can dream.

Put me down for a full set! Ranger, Cavalier, Magician, Barbarian, Thief and Acrobat!

p.s. - this is my first post, but I'm a longtime lurker and I think Reis is terrific for interacting so directly with the fan base!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 am

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:Hmm...I've just found out about a first appearance Superman figure that was apparently in the Legion of Collectors box recently...

Are we gonna get results like those initial Suicide Squad figures from this, or is this just a one-off? Or can you not say right now?

He's pretty much a one-off. We just wanted to make something really cool for the Superman box. :)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 am

lancequazar wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:But my second choice (that'll most likely never happen) is figures based on the classic Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. Not that anyone else would want them. But I can dream.

Put me down for a full set! Ranger, Cavalier, Magician, Barbarian, Thief and Acrobat!

p.s. - this is my first post, but I'm a longtime lurker and I think Reis is terrific for interacting so directly with the fan base!

Don't forget Dungeon Master, Venger and Shadow Demon! And a new Warduke figure! And I guess Bobby can come with Uni. Although I hated that unicorn. :D

ImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:39 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Ben_ToaofFire wrote:Hmm...I've just found out about a first appearance Superman figure that was apparently in the Legion of Collectors box recently...

He's pretty much a one-off. We just wanted to make something really cool for the Superman box. :)

Hmm. Shame. If you redid the boot sculpts a little, you could probably repaint it into the Fleischer cartoons one.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Hmm. Shame. If you redid the boot sculpts a little, you could probably repaint it into the Fleischer cartoons one.

We can't do the Fleisher one for legal reasons. We tried.

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 pm

I kinda like the sound of a Warduke remake! If only Dungeons and Dragons would happen! I would love to see a line of figures based on the Son of Zorn figure which allowed for Orcs, Goblins, Elves, Dwarves, Skeletons and all other type fantasy beasts.

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Ben_ToaofFire wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

We can't do the Fleisher one for legal reasons. We tried.

Really? Huh...I thought that design would be a bit more public domain like the cartoon it's from, but I suppose DC has to protect an IP like Superman as thoroughly as possible.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Hey Reis, I know I've been asking a lot of questions about Zorn type figures for other properties, could we get a thread to address those questions? Also, do you think something like GWAR could happen in such a line?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:50 am

bgiles73 wrote:Hey Reis, I know I've been asking a lot of questions about Zorn type figures for other properties, could we get a thread to address those questions? Also, do you think something like GWAR could happen in such a line?

I think it's a little early for that. If I started a thread for those types of figures, I wouldn't be able to answer much at this point and I don't want another "Are you guys gonna make this?" type of thing. Because the answers would be the same, "Sorry, can't answer that." or " No plans for that right now".

Let's wait until we have made some official announcements and have a better grasp on what we will actually be releasing.

As for Gwar, no plans for that right now. :D

ImageImage

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:31 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:Hey Reis, I know I've been asking a lot of questions about Zorn type figures for other properties, could we get a thread to address those questions? Also, do you think something like GWAR could happen in such a line?

I think it's a little early for that. If I started a thread for those types of figures, I wouldn't be able to answer much at this point and I don't want another "Are you guys gonna make this?" type of thing. Because the answers would be the same, "Sorry, can't answer that." or " No plans for that right now".

Let's wait until we have made some official announcements and have a better grasp on what we will actually be releasing.

Did someone take over my "constantly harassing Funko for Gwar figures" job?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:55 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Did someone take over my "constantly harassing Funko for Gwar figures" job?

Not taking over per se. More like rallying behind the cause. Lol My Barbarians are going to want to be entertained when they aren't raiding, pillaging, crushing enemies, seeing them driven before them and listening to the lamentation of the women!

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Hey, I hate to complain, but I do think this issue should be noted for some of the future figures, as I'm unsure of what the longterm effects could be.

Basically, I scored one of those Legion of Collectors first appearance Supermans on Ebay, and I'm noticing some black marks at the top of the bubble and some flesh is starting to show through his hair. Now, I'm gonna be keeping him on a wall 99% of the time, so this bit of paint rub won't affect me too much, but I think future figures should be secured in place a bit more to prevent damage to their paint apps(if the bubble is the cause).

Still a pretty brilliant item, though.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

Sky Commander

Postby Sky Commander » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 am

I heard the Deadshot figure was cancelled from the Suicide Squad line is this true and if so why?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am

Sky Commander wrote:I heard the Deadshot figure was cancelled from the Suicide Squad line is this true and if so why?

Nope. He's coming. Just got delayed a little.

ImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:46 am

Sooooo can't help but notice that Superman's hands are pegged in pieces separate to the arm.

Which makes me wonder...

If they're gonna be a separate piece to the rest of the arm anyway, why not make them able to rotate? Does that cost more or something?
Unity, Duty, Destiny

Danster18

Postby Danster18 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Just a little question on the FNaF line...

Even though we have the Sister Location and Nightmare line, are there any plans for the other animatronics (Withered, Phantom, Toy)?
Dan

POP! count: 12

1000thghost

Postby 1000thghost » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Apart from the Twin Peaks figures what should we be on the look out for?
Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it.

Jack_Nimball

Postby Jack_Nimball » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Is the screen test batman shown at NYTF going to be a variant or will it see a wide release as part of the single figures?

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 am

Will FUNKO provides us with a list of any upcoming 9POA action figures???? I miss the variety of the ReAction line and was hoping that 9POA line will pick up were ReAction left off.

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Jack_Nimball wrote:Is the screen test batman shown at NYTF going to be a variant or will it see a wide release as part of the single figures?

Pics?
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

Jack_Nimball

Postby Jack_Nimball » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm

On display at NYTF '17. Separate Batman from the one included with the Batmobile. Just wondering if it was a regular figure in the first wave or some type of exclusive.

Crayfish

Postby Crayfish » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:05 pm

First off I am really excited about new 1966 Batman figures and Batmobile. I already have the Batmobile with Batman and Robin preordered (the place I preordered it from said it had a May 2017 release). I am anxiously awaiting the preorders for the single carded figures to go up so I have some questions and a quick comment:

1. When can we expect websites to put the Batman single carded figures up for preorder (estimated release?)

2. This statement and question kind of go along with what you were saying about a wave 2. You mentioned that you wanted to see how wave 1 and the Batmobile do but considering how long in between waves that it seems to take these days....do you guys at least have something ready to go if wave 1 is a super success that you guys can get produced and to the public with in a reasonable amount of time? There is another company out there producing figures that seem to having a little trouble because the length in between waves of figures. If you take too long...general interest could potentially die down faster that if waves of figures were produced concurrently or at least in quicker succession to each other. I really want this line to succeed and hope it can continue so that we have more figures than we could ever imagine...I just fear that if a wave 2 of this is not until 2018 or late, late 2017....it could make some people move on to something else.

Looking forward to the figures and can't wait to have the Batmobile and the Dynamic Duo in my collection next month.

Crypticness

Postby Crypticness » Mon May 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Is there any possibility of a Breaking Bad 9POA line? I recently bought the Twin Peaks 4-pack (please let there be more of these!) and was impressed by the detail and likenesses of the figures. Since there were ReAction versions of a few Breaking Bad characters, is it possible that 9POA versions will come out?

Return to “Action Figures”