The Dark Crystal figure collection

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
PittGuy76

Re: The Dark Crystal figure collection

Postby PittGuy76 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:46 pm

I finally received some of my pre-ordered DC figures. Aughra and Chamberlain. The sculpt on these in incredible. Much more realistic and detailed than I imagined. The Skeksis does seem slightly undersized, but no big deal.

As others have stated, the plastic blisters on all 4 of mine (I got two of each) were not attached to the card backs. I wanted to keep a set MOC, but obviously not possible. I was just curious if this was an issue that is being addressed? I can't see these selling at an outlet such as TRU when they are falling off the cards. That being said, I still love them and am very thankful to be getting them. I will hopefully receive the rest soon.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:00 pm

PittGuy76 wrote:I finally received some of my pre-ordered DC figures. Aughra and Chamberlain. The sculpt on these in incredible. Much more realistic and detailed than I imagined. The Skeksis does seem slightly undersized, but no big deal.

As others have stated, the plastic blisters on all 4 of mine (I got two of each) were not attached to the card backs. I wanted to keep a set MOC, but obviously not possible. I was just curious if this was an issue that is being addressed? I can't see these selling at an outlet such as TRU when they are falling off the cards. That being said, I still love them and am very thankful to be getting them. I will hopefully receive the rest soon.

Yes, the bubbles falling off has been a problem at the factory level on occasion. We've taken steps to ensure this doesn't happen so often in the future. So sorry that this happened to your set. I totally feel your frustration!
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm

PittGuy76 wrote:I finally received some of my pre-ordered DC figures. Aughra and Chamberlain. The sculpt on these in incredible. Much more realistic and detailed than I imagined. The Skeksis does seem slightly undersized, but no big deal.

This is a problem that is not just an issue with Funko. I purchased 2 Duke Nukems with similar issues. I am not sure what stage of the packaging process causes it, but I do see the problem showing up even at retail stores.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

LandoInDisguise

Postby LandoInDisguise » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello Reis, I know you've stated that you'd share any news on the garthim once you have any, but just for our peace of mind, the figure is still getting distribution right? Or is there any chance we won't be seeing these at retail at all?

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 am

LandoInDisguise wrote:Hello Reis, I know you've stated that you'd share any news on the garthim once you have any, but just for our peace of mind, the figure is still getting distribution right? Or is there any chance we won't be seeing these at retail at all?

Hello Mr. Reis,

I have a similar question as above. Just want to know that the Garthim is still going to come out in retail in the near future, right?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Yes! The Garthim will hit Toys R Us in the beginning to middle of March! I have one in hand and it looks amazing!

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Woooohoo, Reis! You da man! That is excellent news. I will be buying two!

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 am

bgiles73 wrote:Woooohoo, Reis! You da man! That is excellent news. I will be buying two!

2?

I shall construct an ARMY!!! :devil:

Thanks for the update Reis, can't wait...

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 am

ReisOBrien wrote:Yes! The Garthim will hit Toys R Us in the beginning to middle of March! I have one in hand and it looks amazing!

Great News Reis, is time to save money for an army of Garthim!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Cosmic_Cow wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:Woooohoo, Reis! You da man! That is excellent news. I will be buying two!

2?

I shall construct an ARMY!!! :devil:

Thanks for the update Reis, can't wait...

My Galactic Empire's many battalions of Stormtroopers has staked their claim to most of my shelf space already. I figured a certain Hutt lord had room to house a pair in his dungeons though to keep his Rancor company!

LandoInDisguise

Postby LandoInDisguise » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:42 pm

That is great news!

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Since the Garthim is going to TRU like the previous set, are they interested in the complete boxed set with Kira? Seems like it would be a big selling point... If not, is the MSRP going to drop from the previous sets price?

atreyu2112

Postby atreyu2112 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Most excellent news. Thanks Reis!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Can't wait. Thanks Reis :)
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 am

Mystic Master wrote:Since the Garthim is going to TRU like the previous set, are they interested in the complete boxed set with Kira? Seems like it would be a big selling point... If not, is the MSRP going to drop from the previous sets price?

No, there will not be a re-release of the Garthim/Kira 2-pack. They were only interested in the single pack Garthim, and yes, I do believe the price will be lower, but I'm not sure what that price is at the moment.

ImageImage

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:19 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
Mystic Master wrote:Since the Garthim is going to TRU like the previous set, are they interested in the complete boxed set with Kira? Seems like it would be a big selling point... If not, is the MSRP going to drop from the previous sets price?

No, there will not be a re-release of the Garthim/Kira 2-pack. They were only interested in the single pack Garthim, and yes, I do believe the price will be lower, but I'm not sure what that price is at the moment.

Ok, thanks for the update.

PittGuy76

Postby PittGuy76 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Nice to hear! I was initially upset to hear no winged Kira would be included, but then I realized it's not that big of a deal to me. Maybe it is to some of you, but just my opinion. It is only seen briefly, and I probably wouldn't display her with the wings open anyway. As for the variant Fizzgig, I could probably sculpt my own little closed mouth version. He is such a simple design.

That being said, would it be legally ok to produce and sell a pair of similar style wings, maybe 3D printed in translucent plastic, that would fit onto the figure? I am not capable of this, but maybe someone is.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:22 pm

JAR wrote:Are there any plans for a wave 2?
More Skeksis and Mystics?
Zombie Slave Kira?
Podpeople?
Ice Armor Jen? (with color change action!)

..ok, maybe not that last one

No plans for a wave 2. Funko will no longer be producing any more ReAction figures.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:23 pm

PittGuy76 wrote:Nice to hear! I was initially upset to hear no winged Kira would be included, but then I realized it's not that big of a deal to me. Maybe it is to some of you, but just my opinion. It is only seen briefly, and I probably wouldn't display her with the wings open anyway. As for the variant Fizzgig, I could probably sculpt my own little closed mouth version. He is such a simple design.

That being said, would it be legally ok to produce and sell a pair of similar style wings, maybe 3D printed in translucent plastic, that would fit onto the figure? I am not capable of this, but maybe someone is.

That's a question for our legal department. ;)

ImageImage

nanite

Postby nanite » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Hooray, thanks for the updates on the Garthim!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:12 pm

The Garthim is now on ebay, so it must have hit retail. Anyone know the UPC #?

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:20 am

I bought a Garthim, despite not having any previous Dark Crystal figures. Loved the movie as a kid and admittedly these big, bad beetles were always my fav.

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Picked up the Garthim today as well, its a great sculpt, just sorely missing the winged Kira.

illestr8r

Postby illestr8r » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:09 pm

I went hunting but had no luck. Do you happen to know the UPC#?

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:23 pm

I guess these aren't hitting the website? Ugh, looks like I'll be hittin' the roads this week...

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:09 am

889698136372, there you go - you can call ahead to check stock levels. ;)

illestr8r wrote:I went hunting but had no luck. Do you happen to know the UPC#?

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Hopefully these are starting to hit our Tucson locations.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:23 pm

man I totally forgot about these. Any way to get the strider pack besides ebay?

illestr8r

Postby illestr8r » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:51 pm

@ Mystic Master
Thanks for the info. I had still had no luck but you saved me a lot of time and gas money. Hope these hit my area soon.

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Megacam wrote:man I totally forgot about these. Any way to get the strider pack besides ebay?

I live in New York City and in my Tri-State area, in all Toys 'R' Us I have seen the strider packs except one store in the Bronx(Sold Out). So you should check your local Toys 'R' Us.

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:32 pm

My TRU isn't the best exclusives wise but I hope I can get my hands on one.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:59 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:
Megacam wrote:man I totally forgot about these. Any way to get the strider pack besides ebay?

I live in New York City and in my Tri-State area, in all Toys 'R' Us I have seen the strider packs except one store in the Bronx(Sold Out). So you should check your local Toys 'R' Us.

Thanks! I'll check my local stores. it doesn't seem to show up on their website. Does anyone have a way to search for it on the TRU site, or maybe a UPC so I can call to check?

ReActionator

Postby ReActionator » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:49 am

I tried ordering online and it's saying that ship to home is not available ?? It has to be an in-store pick up. I wouldn't mind but there's no TRU around me.

EDIT: Looks like its working now, just ordered Garthim, Jen and Kira. They don't have the rest of the figures online yet. :-&

EDIT #2: I ordered Jen, Kira and Garthim. I checked out through PayPal, I looked at my charges today and saw was not charged the full amount. I went back on TRU website and Garthim is back to saying its an in-store item only, not available for online ordering. The charge has not cleared my bank yet.
WHAT IS UP??!! Will probably need call TRU in the morning. ](*,)
Last edited by ReActionator on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

atreyu2112

Postby atreyu2112 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Got my Garthim at a local TRU & now my collection (both Pop & ReAction) is complete. Such an awesome figure. I can't believe it took about 30 years for all these figures to finally be released. For ReAction figures, this whole collection is far beyond ReAction quality, they are really beautiful figures. Nena did an amazing job on these. Love 'em!!!

ReActionator

Postby ReActionator » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:35 pm

I am happy to report that I received Jen, Kira and the The Garthim in the mail. On my end though the Toys R Us website still says the Garthim is not available to order online. The first time I tried it wouldn't let me check out without specifying a store to pick it up at. A few days later it was available for shipping and I ordered immediately, and it was delivered, but on the website it's now back to an in-store pick up only. They were shipped out separately which is why the first charge was off and I didn't think I was getting the Garthim.

These figures are really amazing! I am very happy with Funko's work, and that they were able to make this happen at all! It's more than I could have expected. Great job =D>

On a side-note about the glue and cardbacks, there was evidence that my plastic bubbles were reattached to the card. The glue they used to reattach it was Very sticky and gummy, so you might want to be careful when opening. Kira's crystal piece and Jen's base had some of the glue on it but it's tacky and was able to come off. My Kira figure was even on the card with the bubble upside-down :-s

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am

It's nice to see TRU made an effort to fix the detached bubbles, that's more than Funko appears to be doing. I can only imagine how many DC figures were returned and then thrown away because of this issue, makes me a bit sad honestly. I'm happy to have them loose at least though. Does anyone know if the license covers Super7 producing more characters?

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:33 pm

So it looks like you can get Garthim in Phoenix, but not in Tucson. I wish our stores would get him or I wonder if they will get it from Phoenix to send to Tucson?

ReActionator

Postby ReActionator » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Unfortunately there are a couple of issues you might want to watch out for when buying these figures. Both Jen and Kira have some loose limbs.

My Jen figures has a very loose left arm.
Kira has an Extremely loose left leg, and when I say extremely I mean I don't know how/if it is going to stay on.
There are video reviews which point out the same problem with Kira.
Other reviews show some figures limbs to be too tight.

I still Really love these figures but I'm worried if they are going to hold up well over time with the limbs having issues. I'd have left them on their cards but the glue that was used on my card to reattach the bubble seemed way too gloppy. #-o

Mystic Master

Postby Mystic Master » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:04 am

I've noticed joint issues with Jen, Kira, and Aughra - it's best to display them straight out of the package, and don't bother even posing them or you might snap something. They're beautiful figures, but the line has been plagued with issues. I suppose enough glue can fix both the figures and cardbacks though. I think this is the first time I've had to repair both the figures and packaging on a collectible line.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 am

So, with the announcement of a new Dark Crystal prequel series on Netflix, does this open up the possibility of this action figure license to move over to the 9POA line?

Return to “Action Figures”