First Look at the Rick and Morty Action Figures.

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Crypticness

Re: First Look at the Rick and Morty Action Figures.

Postby Crypticness » Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Just got my first figure from this line, Mr. Poopy Butthole, and honestly, I'm a bit disappointed.

I usually store-buy figures so that I can make sure not to buy ones with any defects, but I bought this figure online since I figured that it's not particularly detailed and so shouldn't have any paint app problems. But upon receiving it I quickly noticed that the eyes on this figure weren't looking forward or even in the same direction! One of the eyes also has a deep scratch in it (not visible in my photo).

On the left is the original figure, and on the right is my repaint. I fixed the eyes and made the mouth and neck wrinkles more visible by filling in those crevices carefully with black paint since those details completely blend into the skin of the figure once you are more than a foot away from it. I also removed the distracting serial number from the bottom of his shoe.

I'm disappointed because even on such a simple figure for the paint apps to be shoddy and certain important details to be barely visible is just sad. On top of that, it's completely out of scale with the rest of the figures in this line (he should be much smaller). The Snowball figure it comes with is nicely made but is way too small, even though Mr. Poopy Butthole and Snowball should really be pretty close in size to each other. The accessories and packaging are nice though.

I am planning to buy a Rick figure (not sure if I want to get any other characters from this line) but I definitely won't risk buying that online, I'll have to find one with decent paint in a physical store.

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Tue May 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Great looking fix! Sadly, perfect paint apps are not Funko's strong suit. I've found this with Pops, Minis and Reactions, so I've made sure to stick with in-store purchases as well.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue May 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Yes the paint job you did looks much better. I pre-ordered these online so I will have to wait and see how they show up here.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 pm

I love them!!

Too bad they aren't in scale...if they were I guess we would have a really big Rick or a really tiny Mr. Poopybutthole :-k :-k

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue May 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Crypticness wrote:Just got my first figure from this line, Mr. Poopy Butthole, and honestly, I'm a bit disappointed.

I usually store-buy figures so that I can make sure not to buy ones with any defects, but I bought this figure online since I figured that it's not particularly detailed and so shouldn't have any paint app problems. But upon receiving it I quickly noticed that the eyes on this figure weren't looking forward or even in the same direction! One of the eyes also has a deep scratch in it (not visible in my photo).

On the left is the original figure, and on the right is my repaint. I fixed the eyes and made the mouth and neck wrinkles more visible by filling in those crevices carefully with black paint since those details completely blend into the skin of the figure once you are more than a foot away from it. I also removed the distracting serial number from the bottom of his shoe.

I'm disappointed because even on such a simple figure for the paint apps to be shoddy and certain important details to be barely visible is just sad. On top of that, it's completely out of scale with the rest of the figures in this line (he should be much smaller). The Snowball figure it comes with is nicely made but is way too small, even though Mr. Poopy Butthole and Snowball should really be pretty close in size to each other. The accessories and packaging are nice though.

I am planning to buy a Rick figure (not sure if I want to get any other characters from this line) but I definitely won't risk buying that online, I'll have to find one with decent paint in a physical store.

You did a great job on the repaint. I have to agree with you, it is disappointing that basic things like his smile weren't painted dark enough.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:55 am

comic book guy wrote:So where is the best place to pre-order a set of these figures at a good price?

Been seeing them at Hot Topic for about $16.99 each BUT just got them at Target for $11.99 each plus 5% off with the Red Card. Came to $62 with tax! Can't wait to build Snowball!
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:24 am

Ar7 wrote:
comic book guy wrote:So where is the best place to pre-order a set of these figures at a good price?

Been seeing them at Hot Topic for about $16.99 each BUT just got them at Target for $11.99 each plus 5% off with the Red Card. Came to $62 with tax! Can't wait to build Snowball!

This is the route I went. Can't beat the 5% off when using the Red Card. Plus, they had a promo going on that gave you a $10 gift card with the purchase of $50+ in toys. Woot woot!
I'm Abe

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:30 pm

5% off at Target plus a $10 giftcard sounds pretty great, especially at $11.99 a figure. Have to get them all and build Snowball!
:king: Mike

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:10 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

This is the route I went. Can't beat the 5% off when using the Red Card. Plus, they had a promo going on that gave you a $10 gift card with the purchase of $50+ in toys. Woot woot!

PLUS a $10 gift card?! Nicely done. Don't forget your Cartwheel app! We're like a really bad commercial for Target. (Turns toward camera breaking the fourth wall and gives a cheesy thumbs up) :thumbleft:
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:43 am

Ar7 wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

PLUS a $10 gift card?! Nicely done. Don't forget your Cartwheel app! We're like a really bad commercial for Target. (Turns toward camera breaking the fourth wall and gives a cheesy thumbs up) :thumbleft:

Oh, I got the app already (the wife and I love Target)! Gotta save where you can lol
I'm Abe

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:55 pm

I finally saw these at Target today, well everyone but Rick and Morty, and they looked much better than I thought they would. I almost caved and picked up a Meeseeks but one of the hands had come off and was floating around the package. It might have been fixable but I didn't' really have time to examine it closely.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Cosmic_Cow wrote:I finally saw these at Target today, well everyone but Rick and Morty, and they looked much better than I thought they would. I almost caved and picked up a Meeseeks but one of the hands had come off and was floating around the package. It might have been fixable but I didn't' really have time to examine it closely.

Meeseeks is the only one I haven't seen up here yet.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Alanam0220_

Postby Alanam0220_ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:Looking forward to finding these in the wild soon. I'll try and pick them up over time because Pop is my priority but I definitely need all of them so I can build Snowball

Try Hot Topic or Gamestop, I seen them at my local ones.

Crypticness

Postby Crypticness » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:12 pm

I recently picked up a Rick and a Morty figure, and while Rick is mostly great (except for his ball jointed hips, I can't seem to extend his legs straight out but I don't want to force it for fear of snapping the legs. Anyone else have this issue, or are the joints on mine just super tight?), I was pretty disappointed with the Morty figure. Something about his face just didn't look quite right, so I decided to fix it:

Before and After:

Morty is usually depicted as looking slightly upward, so the lowered head on the original figure looks a bit wrong. I popped the figure's head off and glued a new peg a bit father back so his head would sit better on his shoulders. Also, like with Mr. Poopy Butthole, his mouth completely blends into his skin tone, so I filled in that crevice with black paint, and did so for Rick as well. I also thought his wall-eyed, befuddled stare would look better without eyebrows, kind of how he looks in the image below, so I erased them using some acetone.

I'm still disappointed that the figures aren't in proper scale to each other (Morty should be shorter, with the top of his head lining up at around Rick's shoulder, as you can see above), and I'm considering shortening Morty's legs a bit to help make him at least a bit shorter, but for now I'm mostly happy with the way mine look overall.

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:46 am

I wonder if they will do a rick ship for this line or some other characters like jerry or summer. Buff summer and rick would be cool or the council of ricks
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 am

Crypticness wrote:I recently picked up a Rick and a Morty figure, and while Rick is mostly great (except for his ball jointed hips, I can't seem to extend his legs straight out but I don't want to force it for fear of snapping the legs. Anyone else have this issue, or are the joints on mine just super tight?), I was pretty disappointed with the Morty figure. Something about his face just didn't look quite right, so I decided to fix it:

Before and After:

Morty is usually depicted as looking slightly upward, so the lowered head on the original figure looks a bit wrong. I popped the figure's head off and glued a new peg a bit father back so his head would sit better on his shoulders. Also, like with Mr. Poopy Butthole, his mouth completely blends into his skin tone, so I filled in that crevice with black paint, and did so for Rick as well. I also thought his wall-eyed, befuddled stare would look better without eyebrows, kind of how he looks in the image below, so I erased them using some acetone.

I'm still disappointed that the figures aren't in proper scale to each other (Morty should be shorter, with the top of his head lining up at around Rick's shoulder, as you can see above), and I'm considering shortening Morty's legs a bit to help make him at least a bit shorter, but for now I'm mostly happy with the way mine look overall.

Wow, bud, that looks great! I've yet to open mine up but they look pretty good in their packages so I might never open them. Your subtle changes really give Morty more character. LOVE IT!
I'm Abe

JEP

Postby JEP » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Crypticness wrote:I recently picked up a Rick and a Morty figure, and while Rick is mostly great (except for his ball jointed hips, I can't seem to extend his legs straight out but I don't want to force it for fear of snapping the legs. Anyone else have this issue, or are the joints on mine just super tight?), I was pretty disappointed with the Morty figure. Something about his face just didn't look quite right, so I decided to fix it:

Mine is the same way.

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Crypticness wrote:Just got my first figure from this line, Mr. Poopy Butthole, and honestly, I'm a bit disappointed.

Good job on the repaint and awesome way to display lol.
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Before and After:

Man these repaint make the figures look so much better. Think I'll have to do the same with mine.
Hi Im Ricky

Anniedamonster

Postby Anniedamonster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:21 pm

I love Snowball!

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:55 am

These look great!

amandadnama3

Postby amandadnama3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Can't wait to see more! I think Funko is making a functioning portal gun too?

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:02 am

Wonder if we will get a new wave of figured. I would like to see jaguar and cyborg summer
Hi Im Ricky

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am

Finally got my set in and they're great! Now not sure whether to open to build the BAF Snowball. Or buy another set first :-k

Ajo2003

Postby Ajo2003 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:57 pm

These look Great! Cant wait to get a set of these.

pauly20powers

Postby pauly20powers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 pm

I really l8ke the look of these figures. I have yet to see them in person, but I'm sure I will find them soon.

FUNKOfinder123

Postby FUNKOfinder123 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm

willy wonka wrote:Justin Roiland Tweeted this first look at the action figures for R&M

Here is his twitter
https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland

I was planning on getting one or two :freddy2: :freddy1:

FUNKOfinder123

Postby FUNKOfinder123 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:Wonder if we will get a new wave of figured. I would like to see jaguar and cyborg summer

Omfg yes yes yes pickle rick

Pop10195

Postby Pop10195 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

these is on cleaence at one of my stores

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Pop10195 wrote:these is on cleaence at one of my stores

What store?!?
ImageImageImage

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:29 am

FUNKOfinder123 wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Wonder if we will get a new wave of figured. I would like to see jaguar and cyborg summer

Omfg yes yes yes pickle rick

Yeah that one needs to happen and it needs to be scented
Hi Im Ricky

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:53 pm

I still haven't bought these.....I need to!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:35 pm

I've never really felt the need to buy these. They just don't look that good to me, almost cheap like. The pops and Minis have tons of detail but these seem almost thrown together. I love the repaints Crypticness aded to his btw, def makes a world of difference.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Heroes Realm

Postby Heroes Realm » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:57 pm

I love the show, and have gotten all the Pops from Wave 1 and Wave 2.

I have a MrMeeseeks Proto, and these wonderful figures are arriving on Tuesday!

I am happy with this! Sweet!
ImageImageImageImage

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:52 am

Just completed the set of these figures! Despite also wishing the figures where closer to scale to one another, I'm pretty impressed with the line as a whole. Great card backs and the Snowball build is awesome! Hoping for more waves of this line to come!

:bounce: :freddy2: :bounce:
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 am

KMFH11 wrote:I still haven't bought these.....I need to!

Stop slacking, Kevin! DEW ITTT!!! :D
I'm Abe

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
KMFH11 wrote:I still haven't bought these.....I need to!

Stop slacking, Kevin! DEW ITTT!!! :D

I agree, get on it Kevin!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm sorry guys lol
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Crypticness

Postby Crypticness » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:20 pm

The overly tall Morty figure always bothered me. The top of Morty's head reaches Rick's shoulder in the show, unlike the Funko figure. After repainting and repositioning Morty's head to make him look a bit more like the character, I shortened his legs to make the Rick and Morty figures be in better scale to each other:

I was originally worried that shortening the legs to make him shorter would ruin the figure's proportions, but it actually made them more accurate to the show:

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 pm

^Great write up. The scaling on morty is off lol. Good fix.
WTB: Luffy color proto

Return to “Action Figures”