New Hikari Funko Vinyl ~ What's Caught Your Eye?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Re: New Hikari Funko Vinyl ~ Brian Posted Page 6

Postby BigM » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 pm

If they don't do Iron Man I think that would be a blown opportunity.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

saintofspinners

Postby saintofspinners » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Where is SpiderMan at?

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Bigm wrote:15765

Well, Spidey looks pretty cool!

I wonder what the price point on 10" Hikari's will be?

candyle73

Postby candyle73 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi, I've been looking into these Hikari's a little bit. Are different franchises sold at different stores? Like TMNT at B&N? Where will Spidey and Marvel Hikari's be sold?

swind15

Postby swind15 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Not that big of a fan of these two hikari vinyls, but then again, Havok Skeletor was a tough one to beat last week.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

Funko5ker

Postby Funko5ker » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Pre-order is up at EE for Spidey. $79.99

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... -5Kio5Hkl8
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:58 pm

I want to pull the trigger on this, but I just....can't!
I'm Josh

sh3l8y

Postby sh3l8y » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm not really a fan of TMNT but I saw one of turtles at B&N today and it's beautiful in person. I think I like it even better than the Batman

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Does anyone have any advice on where to buy the Hikari figures? Other than the Glitter TMNT, I've never seen one in person ever. As far as online goes, it seems like BBTS and EE get about a half-dozen of each, and then the other 500 or whatever in the run go to stores that just put them on ebay. The SDCC 2014 Hikari exclusives are actually far easier to get than most of the others.

Does anyone have any tips on stores that are getting these figures in and not just immediately scalping them? I feel like collecting these Hikari figures is utterly impossible, which really seems too bad.

sh3l8y

Postby sh3l8y » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:24 pm

MaxGoof wrote:Does anyone have any advice on where to buy the Hikari figures? Other than the Glitter TMNT, I've never seen one in person ever. As far as online goes, it seems like BBTS and EE get about a half-dozen of each, and then the other 500 or whatever in the run go to stores that just put them on ebay. The SDCC 2014 Hikari exclusives are actually far easier to get than most of the others.

Does anyone have any tips on stores that are getting these figures in and not just immediately scalping them? I feel like collecting these Hikari figures is utterly impossible, which really seems too bad.

I've been getting mine from Gemini, eBay, ToyWars and BigBadToyStore
Barnes and Noble carries some of the TMNT ones

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 pm

MaxGoof wrote:Does anyone have any advice on where to buy the Hikari figures? Other than the Glitter TMNT, I've never seen one in person ever. As far as online goes, it seems like BBTS and EE get about a half-dozen of each, and then the other 500 or whatever in the run go to stores that just put them on ebay. The SDCC 2014 Hikari exclusives are actually far easier to get than most of the others.

I find them at my local comic shops, they're awesome and don't mark anything up, Hikaris are only 30, my friend found a 1/500, I found a 1/500, and me and my brother both found 1/1500s at them.
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

CP3x

Postby CP3x » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:51 pm

This shop has all the TMNT Hikari's for super cheap. Atleast the 1/3000 figures. and 1/500 metallic leo.

http://shop.tootstoys.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=hikari
Zach/CP3x. You Like Pops!? I love Pops!

Crazypop20

Postby Crazypop20 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 pm

I'm hoping to find the metallic batman in stores somewhere. The only hikaris I have seen in store so far were the four glitter turtles at barnes and noble

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am

So... do y'all think these Hikari figures are or will be catching on outside of the existing Funko product community? I know it's early since they've been announced and started appearing...
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

AddictToPOPpinVinyl

Postby AddictToPOPpinVinyl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:30 am

Hot Topic still has all four Metallic Turtles (1:500) for $39.60 a piece with $1 shipping over $50.
Mike

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

cliffd64 wrote:So... do y'all think these Hikari figures are or will be catching on outside of the existing Funko product community? I know it's early since they've been announced and started appearing...

I hope so Cliff, the sculpts are great, the colors are phenomenal.. I think once some more lines get out they will pick up. Once the Disney Hikari get out, that should bring in every Tom, Dick and Harry :)

Also they seemed to go over very well at Con, the only problem I see with them MIGHT be price point. Once you have them in hand you know what you paid for though.
Last edited by funkystark on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swind15

Postby swind15 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:11 pm

cliffd64 wrote:So... do y'all think these Hikari figures are or will be catching on outside of the existing Funko product community? I know it's early since they've been announced and started appearing...

Most of the limited edition pieces sell-out their pre-orders within a day from most online stores, so I would say, yes. They're a beautiful line of vinyl toys.

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 am

funkystark wrote:
I hope so Cliff, the sculpts are great, the colors are phenomenal.. I think once some more lines get out they will pick up. Once the Disney Hikari get out, that should bring in every Tom, Dick and Harry :)

Also they seemed to go over very well at Con, the only problem I see with them MIGHT be price point. Once you have them in hand you know what you paid for though.

I have a few in hand, and they are well done ... I just haven't heard of anyone outside of the pre-existing Funko world talking about these .... yet. Don't have a feeling yet for whether or not these will go the way of Pop! figures, or more like Spastik Plastik or something in between... Too early to tell I suppose. I do know that they are not flying off the Barnes and Noble shelves in my area... maybe that's because of the price...

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 pm

cliffd64 wrote:
funkystark wrote:

I have a few in hand, and they are well done ... I just haven't heard of anyone outside of the pre-existing Funko world talking about these .... yet. Don't have a feeling yet for whether or not these will go the way of Pop! figures, or more like Spastik Plastik or something in between... Too early to tell I suppose. I do know that they are not flying off the Barnes and Noble shelves in my area... maybe that's because of the price...

To be fair, though, Barnes and Noble has only stocked the super-mass-produced Clear TMNT Hikari so far. I can't imagine there are many of the Hikari just sitting around in stores anywhere not selling other than those LE 3000 ones.

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:20 pm

MaxGoof wrote:
To be fair, though, Barnes and Noble has only stocked the super-mass-produced Clear TMNT Hikari so far. I can't imagine there are many of the Hikari just sitting around in stores anywhere not selling other than those LE 3000 ones.

I guess it depends on where you look... and at what price they have them at... There's been a bunch of 1 of 500's of Gold Batman still on Gemini... (last time I checked there were 10 available) and Hot Topic may have sold the gold ones (Batman and turtle) , but the 1 of 500 metallic turtles are all still available at Hot Topic... not to mention the dozens on eBay in the hands of flippers... Some are harder to find than others I guess...

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:23 pm

cliffd64 wrote:
MaxGoof wrote:

I guess it depends on where you look... and at what price they have them at... There's been a bunch of 1 of 500's of Gold Batman still on Gemini... (last time I checked there were 10 available) and Hot Topic may have sold the gold ones (Batman and turtle) , but the 1 of 500 metallic turtles are all still available at Hot Topic... not to mention the dozens on eBay in the hands of flippers... Some are harder to find than others I guess...

Yeah, but you have to consider that Gemini is scalping the Gold Batman for 250% of MSRP.If it was being sold for its retail price, it would have been gone instantly. The same is the case with virtually every other Hikari figure available online besides the Metallic TMNT (which just turned up on Hot Topic recently). The vast majority of Hikari figures released are unobtainable for less than $20-$70 more than their retail price already. Funko can't consider that anything other than a success.

saintofspinners

Postby saintofspinners » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Any sign of a Jiangshi preorder today?

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Judging by the 5 or these that have been listed in the last 10 mins on the bay.. I'm guessin this is today installation of Hikari Friday

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Bumblebee too!

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:50 pm

I think the Hikari will appeal to vinyl/art toy collectors, a segment that might find Pops to be too vanilla. They'll be a nice compliment to what Funko's doing right now. They won't appeal to the vast majority of Pop collectors, who tend to be VERY Pop-centric, and unwilling to spend more than 10-15 bucks on a toy.

Personally, I dig them. I don't collect them at the moment, but that has to do with character selection more than anything else. I will be getting Spidey and the Creature and I can't wait to see how some of the other licenses turn out (Star Wars, Marvel).
Funklub: 11181

Crazypop20

Postby Crazypop20 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:53 pm

These are the first transformers ones I really like. The white bumblebee kind of looks like shattered glass bumblebee , I don't think anyone knows who that is though unless their are any big transformers fans here.

ScurbyPirate

Postby ScurbyPirate » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Squird wrote:I think the Hikari will appeal to vinyl/art toy collectors, a segment that might find Pops to be too vanilla. They'll be a nice compliment to what Funko's doing right now. They won't appeal to the vast majority of Pop collectors, who tend to be VERY Pop-centric, and unwilling to spend more than 10-15 bucks on a toy.

Personally, I dig them. I don't collect them at the moment, but that has to do with character selection more than anything else. I will be getting Spidey and the Creature and I can't wait to see how some of the other licenses turn out (Star Wars, Marvel).

I feel the exact same where. If pops are too plain or out there, you can collect these that keep there figure and face for the most part. I think they also appeal to a lot of people to just buy one if they want because of the size.

I personally don'y collect them cause of the price and all the crazy colors, but I do understand and appreciate the line.

blugel

Postby blugel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Anyone have these two new Transformer ones up for pre-order yet? I've checked EE and BBTS but no go yet...

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:01 pm

blugel wrote:Anyone have these two new Transformer ones up for pre-order yet? I've checked EE and BBTS but no go yet...

They're up on both BBTS and EE now! The Transformers Hikari have been pretty unpopular so far, but these are the first ones that actually look good, so hopefully they sell better.

swind15

Postby swind15 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:22 pm

MaxGoof wrote:
blugel wrote:Anyone have these two new Transformer ones up for pre-order yet? I've checked EE and BBTS but no go yet...

They're up on both BBTS and EE now! The Transformers Hikari have been pretty unpopular so far, but these are the first ones that actually look good, so hopefully they sell better.

I think the Transformers are unpopular, because they're cheap looking IMO. The TMNT, Batman, Skeletor, Creature, and Stay Puft are all top notch sculpts though and look great in all the different color variations. \:D/

candyle73

Postby candyle73 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:46 am

There's a stay Puft hikari??!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 am

Not yet but my guess is next year.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Guys! I finally just opened/removed from box my Hikari purchases from SDCC14 - I LOVE THEM! Oh man....now I have a new obsession.

That sound you hear is my wallet crying....

FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Congrats A99 !
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:40 am

i'm not ready yet, but they all look awesome when they're free! congrats a99!
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 am

a99kitten wrote:Guys! I finally just opened/removed from box my Hikari purchases from SDCC14 - I LOVE THEM! Oh man....now I have a new obsession.

That's Raphael is one sexy vinyl toy :smt118

DARTH STARK

Postby DARTH STARK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:42 am

i would love to see a really cool Darth Vader in a black metallic
Nice talking with ya,

Jim of Corona, Ca

Favorite POP: Freddy Funko Boba Fett

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:19 am

a99kitten wrote:Guys! I finally just opened/removed from box my Hikari purchases from SDCC14 - I LOVE THEM! Oh man....now I have a new obsession.

Your wallet can only be crying for future purchases... you got a great bargain from the SDCC pieces! Patience is the key with these items... If you have to be the first one on the block to get these, you will pay for the privilege.

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm watching 3 of the Mean & Green Raphael on eBay. I need it!

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 am

There's a live picture of Verdigris on ebay, they are finally starting to get in people's hands! No to find one for a reasonable price is the big challenge! Patience, I must have patience... but I want it so bad... patience. :)

Return to “Hikari”