TMNT Hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
ZacksSoUgly

TMNT Hikari

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:51 pm

What's up Hikari fans? I just thought it would be a cool idea to start threads dedicated to certain Hikari to clear up some of the traffic in other threads. I wanted to start the TMNT Hikari thread 'cos those are the ones I'm interested in and I wanted this to be the definitive forum for collectors/fans to come to for information, pictures, pick ups, etc. I also started the TMNT thread 'cos I don't know much about the others and I'm not collecting those. So, without further ado...

Who's a TMNT Hikari fan? Which ones do you guys have? What's your favorite colorway? Who's your favorite Turtle? What kind of colorways or new characters are you excited to see?

I'll start with my collection (so far) :

- Toy Tokyo Exclusive Tie Dye Leonardo /300
- Nickelodeon Exclusive Metallic Michelangelo /500
- Metallic Raphael /500
- Silver/Glitter Turtle /500

My favorite so far is the Tie Dye Leo, but I missed out on the Mean & Green Raphael. Raphael is my favorite turtle, so if I had that one it would be my favorite by far. I'm on the hunt for the M&G Raph, the Metal Mix Leo and the rest of the Metallic set. After that I'll grab the Clear/Glitter set, but those are relatively easy to find.

Hope to keep this ball rolling and see some more dedicated Hikari threads! Thanks guys!!

- Zach

grandpa_stern

Re: TMNT Hikari

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm not so much a TMNT fan (I liked them a lot more when I was a kid and collecting the oversized black and white comics), but I love the Hikari colors.

My collection:

(In hand)

Gold Turtle
Sparkly regular Raph

(On the way)
Metal Mix Leo
I'm Josh

trix0525
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby trix0525 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm not a TMNT fan but this a great thread for TMNT fans! :)
-Trixie Lee-
COTM 03/15, ROTY 2015

Garstone

Postby Garstone » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:30 pm

I really want the Hikari's but havent been able to justify the expense that Ive been quoted by people for them. Im also not lucky enough to be in the United States and cant walk into stores that have them.

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm a huge TMNT fan but I feel like $40 for each regular hikari turtle will hurt my wallet! As much as I want each one I feel like I will be comfortable just buying the metal mix Leo (just ordered it today) and if I can get a reasonably priced tie dye Leo I'll be good.
Kai
IG: @eastwolfstyle
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:35 pm

trix0525 wrote:I'm not a TMNT fan but this a great thread for TMNT fans! :)

Thanks Trix!

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:44 pm

eastWOLF wrote:I'm a huge TMNT fan but I feel like $40 for each regular hikari turtle will hurt my wallet! As much as I want each one I feel like I will be comfortable just buying the metal mix Leo (just ordered it today) and if I can get a reasonably priced tie dye Leo I'll be good.

I agree. I wish the regular variants were a little more reasonably priced 'cos the clear/glitter is actually really cool. I can't just go out and go crazy on them. I've had to develop a plan of attack financially. Now that I own 4 (none of the clear/glitter) though, I feel like they're worth the price. The sculpts are solid, the colorways are cool and they're bigger than I expected. In a perfect world, the regular variants would be $25-$30, and then they could price the crazier colorways $40-$50+.

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:10 pm

ZacksSoUgly wrote:
eastWOLF wrote:I'm a huge TMNT fan but I feel like $40 for each regular hikari turtle will hurt my wallet! As much as I want each one I feel like I will be comfortable just buying the metal mix Leo (just ordered it today) and if I can get a reasonably priced tie dye Leo I'll be good.

I agree. I wish the regular variants were a little more reasonably priced 'cos the clear/glitter is actually really cool. I can't just go out and go crazy on them. I've had to develop a plan of attack financially. Now that I own 4 (none of the clear/glitter) though, I feel like they're worth the price. The sculpts are solid, the colorways are cool and they're bigger than I expected. In a perfect world, the regular variants would be $25-$30, and then they could price the crazier colorways $40-$50+.

$25-$30 I could justify, then I would only be paying $100-$120 instead of $160-upwards. There's a full set in my nearest Barnes and Noble and every time I go I just want them so badly! =P~ Maybe there will be a sale on them since it's B&N's pop-cultured TMNT week (fingers crossed).
Kai
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:14 am

I bought one of the Hikaris at B&N using my B&N membership code and a coupon so got it for $30 bucks instead of the $40.

They look really nice.. I don't know if I will get the entire set. SDCC really hurt my wallet.
ImageImage Image ImageImage

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:53 pm

TigerLily1276 wrote:I bought one of the Hikaris at B&N using my B&N membership code and a coupon so got it for $30 bucks instead of the $40.

They look really nice.. I don't know if I will get the entire set. SDCC really hurt my wallet.

Nice deal! And I'm in the same boat financially. SDCC did some damage to my bank account, which was already kind of hurting. haha... I've found some listings for the more rare variants on eBay that are actually pretty reasonable and the clear/glitter will probably be easy to find for a while.

I've been watching Barnes & Nobles like a hawk for that exclusive Mikey they're supposedly getting. I saw speculation somewhere that it's going to be online, but Idk 100%. If anyone gets news of this, please share!

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:46 pm

I saw the Glitter Turtles at Barnes and Noble and love them, but I'm aiming for the cooler ones like Gold Turtle and Tie-Dye Leo and such. I wish that Funko had found a way to stop comic stores from just taking the rare ones and selling them on ebay for double and triple MSRP, though--it's really sad seeing comic book stores selling 3-4 each of the rare ones on ebay at inflated prices, when most people have never even had the chance to see one in a store.

funkymerman

Postby funkymerman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:09 am

I really want to buy a Hikari, especially the tie dye ones! Definitely on my purchase list!

Warner

Postby Warner » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:06 pm

ZacksSoUgly wrote:I've been watching Barnes & Nobles like a hawk for that exclusive Mikey they're supposedly getting. I saw speculation somewhere that it's going to be online, but Idk 100%. If anyone gets news of this, please share!

Yeah, what happened to the Pizza Power Michelangelo? Some of the articles from June state they were to be released in July.
Kyle

https://instagram.com/kaier_customs/

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:52 pm

MaxGoof wrote:I saw the Glitter Turtles at Barnes and Noble and love them, but I'm aiming for the cooler ones like Gold Turtle and Tie-Dye Leo and such. I wish that Funko had found a way to stop comic stores from just taking the rare ones and selling them on ebay for double and triple MSRP, though--it's really sad seeing comic book stores selling 3-4 each of the rare ones on ebay at inflated prices, when most people have never even had the chance to see one in a store.

That's definitely a bummer. I talked to a local shop here in San Diego and the owner said he tried to get 2 of each color when he ordered them, but he only ended up getting the clear/glitter 'cos the more rare ones had already been ordered. It is kind of weak seeing them overpriced online when they never even made it to retail shelves.

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Warner wrote:
ZacksSoUgly wrote:I've been watching Barnes & Nobles like a hawk for that exclusive Mikey they're supposedly getting. I saw speculation somewhere that it's going to be online, but Idk 100%. If anyone gets news of this, please share!

Yeah, what happened to the Pizza Power Michelangelo? Some of the articles from June state they were to be released in July.

I've been on B&N's site everyday and have 2 employees in 2 different cities on the lookout for me, but still no word of the Pizza Powered Mikey. He's one of the most interesting colorways!

TheSouLife

Postby TheSouLife » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Agreed. Can't wait till Pizza Power Mikey drops in stores. Not looking forward to eBay markups if I can't get one at a local B&N.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Newly minted Hikari fan here - I bought a few at SDCC and finally just opened them up and WOW! I love them!

I'm not a HUGE turtle fan but I do collect the Raphael POPs and bought his rainbow glitter hikari as my favorite turtle. And just ordered the silver glitter!

Q for the more knowledgeable - did they not make Raphael in tie-dye like the other 3? Perusing eBay shows me no Raphael?
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

TheSouLife

Postby TheSouLife » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Silver Glitter is up on HT! Get em while they're lower than MSRP.

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:06 pm

a99kitten wrote:Newly minted Hikari fan here - I bought a few at SDCC and finally just opened them up and WOW! I love them!

I'm not a HUGE turtle fan but I do collect the Raphael POPs and bought his rainbow glitter hikari as my favorite turtle. And just ordered the silver glitter!

Q for the more knowledgeable - did they not make Raphael in tie-dye like the other 3? Perusing eBay shows me no Raphael?

To my knowledge, there's only Tie-Dye Leonardo. Mikey and Donnie don't exist in Tie-Dye either.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:24 pm

MaxGoof wrote:
a99kitten wrote:Newly minted Hikari fan here - I bought a few at SDCC and finally just opened them up and WOW! I love them!

To my knowledge, there's only Tie-Dye Leonardo. Mikey and Donnie don't exist in Tie-Dye either.

Now that I search eBay more, you seem to be 100% correct. Hoping we get a Raph soon! :)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 pm

I got Tie Dye Leo and I find it interesting that all the TMNT hikaris have the same facial expression. It's basically the Raph grin from the regular pops, but that's just my thinking.

Kai
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

Warner

Postby Warner » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Need that pizza power!!

-Kyle
Kyle

https://instagram.com/kaier_customs/

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 am

eastWOLF wrote:
ZacksSoUgly wrote:

$25-$30 I could justify, then I would only be paying $100-$120 instead of $160-upwards. There's a full set in my nearest Barnes and Noble and every time I go I just want them so badly! =P~ Maybe there will be a sale on them since it's B&N's pop-cultured TMNT week (fingers crossed).

So far, I have acquired the Gold TMNT Hikari for about $29, and the 4 turtle metallic set for $118... (also less than 30 each). You just have to be patient and observant. For example, the silver glitter TMNT is available on Hot Topic, so all you have to do is coordinate their sales offers and codes and you can get one for less than 30 if you time it right... Absolutely no reason to pay hundreds unless you are very very impatient... so far at least. I think the limited edition sizes (500, 600 and 1500 pieces) are a bit larger than the market at the current time, depending on the character.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Oneiromancer

Postby Oneiromancer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:45 pm

My ultimate want/ grail is the B&N Pizza Power Michaelangelo it's the sweetest turtle color evar!!!

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm glad to see them up on HT 'cos as CLiffd64 said, you'll be able to work their sales to get them for cheap. I've been watching some auctions/BINS on eBay that have actually been reasonably priced. I'm still hunting for a Mean and Green Raph, but I want the best deal.

I still haven't seen ANYTHING about the B&N exclusive Mikey or any new colors in general - bummer.

Oneiromancer

Postby Oneiromancer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:15 pm

The Pizza Power Mikey was posted up today on barnes and noble's site

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:06 am

The Pizza Power Hikari is 10 percent off today... so you save another 4 bucks or so... brings the price down to $35 or so...
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

ZacksSoUgly

Postby ZacksSoUgly » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Finally! Good looking out guys. Hope everyone who wants one gets one!

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:40 pm

I buy the 4 tmnt, from hot topic when some funatic post a promo code.
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019