ANOTHER unreleased Hikari from Everett, WA

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Warner

ANOTHER unreleased Hikari from Everett, WA

Postby Warner » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:13 pm

This is the second time an ebay seller from Everett, Washington has listed an unreleased Hikari. This one being the clear glitter 501st Clone Trooper. The first one I posted a while back was a "bone wash" Dragon King.

We all know the Funko HQ is located in Everett. Coincidence??

Kyle

https://instagram.com/kaier_customs/

eastWOLF

Re: ANOTHER unreleased Hikari from Everett, WA

Postby eastWOLF » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm not one for glitter but I like this one. Good catch Kyle!
Kai
IG: @eastwolfstyle
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Seems kind of suspicious.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:03 am

ShoMeNodder wrote:Seems kind of suspicious.

Agree.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:14 am

Hmmm. Interesting coincidence....
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

Warner

Postby Warner » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:29 am

The seller that currently has this one listed has tons of feedback and while the previous person who had the dragon king had zero feedback, so it is definitely a head scratcher.
Kyle

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:01 am

It certainly looks cool, but I agree that coincidence is a bit unsettling…

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:57 am

I don't understand everyone's paranoia.

Let's point out some basic facts.

1. Funko is based in Everett.
2. Funko is a pretty large company now with lots of employees.
3. We know Brian to be a very generous person, as well as Funko the company itself being very generous.
4. We know Funko has office tours, and we know they give people gifts when taking the tour.
5. Not everyone that could be taking that tour would be from some far off land either.
6. Although you may think so, not everyone in the world collects toys or Funko.
7. We also know that while it may bother other people, Brian tells people that once he gives someone something it's theirs to do whatever they want with it.

If someone is fishing for information on this Hikari why didn't you post a link to the item on eBay ?
Why just a picture ?
That seem suspicious .. lol

When you posted the last item you said that was like this did you just post a picture as well ?
Or is it just a Coincidence ?? :razz:
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

bootsy

Postby bootsy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:44 pm

My thought as well, why is everyone up in arms over this? Whats the big problem?
Wanted:
Blue and Red little huck
Glow and Red with Blue based 20'' hucks

jester00

Postby jester00 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Yea I don't see the big deal
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

Warner

Postby Warner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:25 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-501st ... SwhcJWPB4g

Here's the link. I don't see how not posting a link makes it suspicious towards me? Why would Brian gift unreleased pieces to people on tours when Funko has asked some tour goers to not mention unreleased pieces that were on display at HQ?
Kyle

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Warner wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-501st-Clear-Glitter-TROOPER-Funko-HIKARI-Japanese-Vinyl-Figure-LE-250-/281849222603?hash=item419f85d5cb:g:Rl0AAOSwhcJWPB4g

Here's the link. I don't see how not posting a link makes it suspicious towards me? Why would Brian gift unreleased pieces to people on tours when Funko has asked some tour goers to not mention unreleased pieces that were on display at HQ?

Funko has the sample room full of Funko memorabilia and test runs of recently to soon-to-be distributed figures. On a tour they allow each visitor to take non-memorabilia item from the room. Most of the items were pops and no Hikaris as I recall. But nonetheless they had the whole line of unreleased Hanna Barbera wacky races and secret squirrel back in June, of which I chose to take a Lil Gruesome. Personally I had the courtesy to keeps quiet about it, but clearly some people take advantage of Funko's kindness.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Warner wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-501st-Clear-Glitter-TROOPER-Funko-HIKARI-Japanese-Vinyl-Figure-LE-250-/281849222603?hash=item419f85d5cb:g:Rl0AAOSwhcJWPB4g

Karen, by not posting a link in the first post you were able to share this info in the Hikari section instead of Eye on the Web. I appreciate that and I see nothing suspicious at all.

And for all the people who have not heard yet, Funko is no longer doing tours of their HQs. I assume they are finishing up the ones that were already booked but there will be no more booked for the future. :( Maybe one day they will go back to doing tours but who knows.

Brian does give special, even unreleased pieces to people in special circumstances. I don't think he assumes that someone will turn right around and sell it but he has always told people that once he gives a piece away it is theirs to do what they want with it.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:08 pm

TulaBug wrote:

Karen, by not posting a link in the first post you were able to share this info in the Hikari section instead of Eye on the Web. I appreciate that and I see nothing suspicious at all.

And for all the people who have not heard yet, Funko is no longer doing tours of their HQs. I assume they are finishing up the ones that were already booked but there will be no more booked for the future. :( Maybe one day they will go back to doing tours but who knows.

Brian does give special, even unreleased pieces to people in special circumstances. I don't think he assumes that someone will turn right around and sell it but he has always told people that once he gives a piece away it is theirs to do what they want with it.

Do we know why they have stopped doing tours? When I went in June it made the trip fantastic!

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:03 am

I don't know ..

Anytime someone casts suspicion on someone else .. that's very suspicious ..

Wait .. but that means if I cast some suspicion on you .. that makes people suspicious of me ..

Oh my god .. it's a viscous circle of suspicion .. an endless cycle of paranoia ..

When will it all end .. lol
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:33 am

Peachtree wrote:
TulaBug wrote:

Do we know why they have stopped doing tours? When I went in June it made the trip fantastic!

I can't answer that question. I was just passing on the info that I was given by Funko.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

tjbhab
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby tjbhab » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 am

TulaBug wrote:
Peachtree wrote:
TulaBug wrote:

I can't answer that question. I was just passing on the info that I was given by Funko.

That makes me sad. I wanted to go on a tour one day if I ever made it to the Seattle area.
I'm Todd
COTM 10/12

Wobbler Wish List: Metallic Blue and Purple w/Black Crown Tux Wobbler Freddy.

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:15 am

Guess that won't be an item I'll be crossing off the bucket list then :(
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 am

That "Bone Wash" Dragon King was not an unreleased exclusive- it was just not released in the US.

According to another member- it was the Hong Kong convention exclusive (I also saw it previewed in photos for the Manilla event). So NOT unreleased. Just fairly unknown. I had messaged the seller a while back- and she said her husband worked for Funko and got it as a gift. He did not know the origin of figure.People are quick to jump to conclusions.

Maybe the storm trooper guy is also exclusive to another event. Or maybe he got it as a gift too. I don't find either case to be suspicious.

What would the suspicion be anyway? That they are fake? That they are stolen? Nothing to so indicate so far...

*** edited to add details
Last edited by Galacticat on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 pm

I can sadly confirm no more Funko tours lol. That's as close as I got.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Wow, limited to 250. I probably won't be getting my hands on that one. But I'm super excited for Episode 7!
ImageImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:33 am

I can confirm the previous seller was legit, I picked up 2 of my Hikari from her. They were the real deal. As Funko grows/matures with more employee turn over I am sure we will see a few more of these sellers pop up over time.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Yeah- it makes sense to me that Funko employees would occasionally get random Funko merch as gifts-

I wish I worked at Funko !!!!!!

Professor Zoom

Postby Professor Zoom » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:19 pm

I can not wait for this variant to be released.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Awesome variant
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:20 am

I didn't even realize until i clicked the link, this is from BobaKhan toys right there in Everett. I stopped in there after I took my sad picture outside of HQ. Great shop.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:56 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:I didn't even realize until i clicked the link, this is from BobaKhan toys right there in Everett. I stopped in there after I took my sad picture outside of HQ. Great shop.

That place is super fun to visit...

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:06 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:I didn't even realize until i clicked the link, this is from BobaKhan toys right there in Everett. Great shop.

I've never been to Bobakhan Toys. Do they have a lot to see?
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 pm

TulaBug wrote:
xmaldigolax wrote:I didn't even realize until i clicked the link, this is from BobaKhan toys right there in Everett. Great shop.

I've never been to Bobakhan Toys. Do they have a lot to see?

I don't think it is worth a trip up to Everett just to see it- but if you are in the area, it is fun to stop by. They have a decent amount of newer comic stuff, and a bunch of vintage toys that I like to look at (although their pricing for girl vintage toys is a bit laughable)

Professor Zoom

Postby Professor Zoom » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:45 pm

I have been to Bobakhan Toys and they do sell Hikari's but I have never seen any unreleased ones. However, last time I was there was in June.

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I suspect they save their special stuff for ebay...

squidward

Postby squidward » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:25 pm

I find a seller with a 0 rating suspicious. That makes me think that they created a new seller account to mask their identity. Just saying.

But after reading this, I am sad because I didn't know the tours were being canceled. I had hoped to go one day with my little one.

Maybe they'll restart them in the future. Or maybe ... when you order a ticket to Fundays, they'll give out 5 golden tickets and Mr. Funko himself will give you a tour ... and then hand over the keys to the factory to a worthy and honest child.

;-)
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:36 pm

squidward wrote:I find a seller with a 0 rating suspicious. That makes me think that they created a new seller account to mask their identity. Just saying.

But after reading this, I am sad because I didn't know the tours were being canceled. I had hoped to go one day with my little one.

Maybe they'll restart them in the future. Or maybe ... when you order a ticket to Fundays, they'll give out 5 golden tickets and Mr. Funko himself will give you a tour ... and then hand over the keys to the factory to a worthy and honest child.

;-)

Last year Brian had a contest and prize was a trip to Funko HQ! Justin (justicewarrior88) won that
2012 Rookie of the Year

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:40 am

Very cool. Thanks for the info. Did Justin post a trip summary? I'll have to do some searching.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Return to “Hikari”