havent owned a hikiari yet...

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
hughie1987

havent owned a hikiari yet...

Postby hughie1987 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:47 pm

How do I know they are really only 1000 of one or 1500 of another? Like predator is awesome ,I love predator and I want it and it says 1000 made. I think its 1000 anyway haha are they worth it? They look like just big flashy Pop figures haha
My names Russell and I made my sig :)

Peachtree

Re: havent owned a hikiari yet...

Postby Peachtree » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:23 pm

I only have one Hikari so far, but I can guarantee you it is absolutely amazing quality. A word of advice: The price on these only go down. Sleep on it for a month or so if it's a newer one. Also, Black Friday is right around the corner and I've a feeling Gemini should have a few deals.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:57 am

We only have Funko's word on the edition run, but that's nothing different than any other "limited edition" item out there from Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Bowen, DC Direct, Mondo, etc. When when individually numbered there could always be more. AP editions, Funko Comic-Con sticker versus Hot Topic or B&N sticker, it is up to you if you want it for the enjoyment factor or the limited factor. The limited factor has never done much for me personally. If I like it, I buy it. Simpler that way. ;)

Peach tree is right, there are great deals to be had with a little bit of patience. Very few Hikari pieces command an aftermarket premium. That was a big factor in my getting into them and ditching most of my POPS. I got into them over the Summer thanks to Iron Man. Loved him and picked up a few more, it snowballed from there. Now I have 40 or so Hikaris.

The insanity of the POP aftermarket drove me away from them. Knowing I could never realistically have a full Justice League or Batman's rogue gallery turned me off.

In the end, to each their own. For me, Hikari are totally worth it. I find them far more interesting from a design and visual standpoint. Crazy unique color ways and very easy access to purchase have made them fun for me.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Collect what you love. 1000 or 1500... either is a lot of vinyl for a piece with that price point.
Got Pixie Dust?

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:Collect what you love.

That says it all.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:54 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Poncho Pete wrote:Collect what you love.

That says it all.

Amen, especially since they cost a bit more than the standard POPS.
ImageImageImage

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Personally, I don't think that the hikari line sells well enough to warrant over production beyond what ever the edition size is. That being said, I have 7 hikari in total and I really do like them a lot.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Yeah they are overpriced for vinyl, haha - hand finished or not.

Also I agree that the price only goes down, and there are often sales.

But they do look AWESOME!!!! Big and detailed and look so cool displayed together or with vinyls. Plus sometimes it is hard to find good deals on low editions (like 500 or less) or super popular ones. So I have not yet been able to wait for a sale on the ones I really love and want...

Agree buy what you love- don't consider it an investment though, with few exceptions you probably won't get your $$ back if you change your mind down the road...

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:41 pm

I only own one, and probably won't be getting anymore. but they are pretty dang impressive when you see them in person and if the price was a little less i'd certainly grab a couple more here and there.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:51 pm

I now have 4, 3 iron man and 1 hulk. They grow on you once you buy the first. But the advice others are saying is spot on and how I am collecting. Buy what you love. And don't collect these for a return on investment. They go down in price, so wait things out and look for good price comparisons on amazon and eBay. Lots of good deals. I'm trying to only buy pieces on sale or lower than average going rate.

They are awesome though and the arms and head have articulation.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I made the mistake of over buying not as an investment but just having a couple bugged me, I wanted a nice full display! The Astro Boy exploded and took over my display leaving me filling my closet with expensive dust collectors :) Buy what you like and that should be the number one decision maker. I'm selling a bunch now and taking a loss just to free up space lol

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:24 pm

funkystark wrote:Buy what you like and that should be the number one decision maker.

The multiple color ways and releases do make it hard to pick and choose to keep the collection in check, that is for sure!

I started down the path with just Iron Man only. Then I picked up a Groot & Hulk. Path turned into an avalanche. That said, I buy the ones I really like and skip the ones I do not.

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:50 pm

I only have 6 currently and 1 on the way (finally finishing up the Skeletors). I agree with everyone else in saying that you should always buy what you enjoy and forget the edition size. Also, I've waited out on the Skeletors and found some really good deals on the ones I have. 3 of them from a fellow Funatic actually. So its been a great ride so far.

They look amazing and probably the best of the Funko lines actually.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

Professor Zoom

Postby Professor Zoom » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:06 pm

I have quite a few hikari and find them to be very nice pieces with great details. They are priced a little out of reach for the regular funko collector.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:46 am

Once you bring them home and unbox them you will love them. i mean, i did. Metaluna Mutants, Skeletors, Dragon Kings, Gigantors...i don't collect star wars, but Bossk looked so amazing i started collecting him.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:54 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:Once you bring them home and unbox them you will love them.

Yup, this. I only ever intended to buy the Iron Man Hikaris. But once I had them I got the itch for a few more. Than I saw the Sparks Gallery SDCC exhibit… my collection blew up from there.

PaoMac

Postby PaoMac » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:28 am

mohawkjones wrote:
xmaldigolax wrote:Once you bring them home and unbox them you will love them.

Yup, this. I only ever intended to buy the Iron Man Hikaris. But once I had them I got the itch for a few more. Than I saw the Sparks Gallery SDCC exhibit… my collection blew up from there.

wow they do look nice when displayed.
FIRE AND BLOOD

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Today is my birthday and my friend and his wife(my gfs sister) got me the Predator Hikari so now I OWN ONE hahaha its awesome looking

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Happy birthday and congrats!

Now treat yourself to a Mickey!
Funklub: 11181

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:17 pm

thanks lol Mickey from where tho

Squird

Postby Squird » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:41 pm

The new black and white Mickey Mouse Hikari. All the cool kids are getting one. You want to be cool right?
Funklub: 11181

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:46 pm

I follow my own beat not the cool kids lol

Hop

Postby Hop » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:45 am

I bought every Deadpool Hikari at full retail as they came out... all but the Gold one went down in price;

I regret nothing.

Edit: My sig is outdated, I have way more Deadpool stuff now (including one more Hikari)
Hi. My name is Chris and I have a Funko problem.

Return to “Hikari”