Gold Dust Rainbow Dash

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
brooklyn_geek

Gold Dust Rainbow Dash

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Not a huge MLP fan but this one looks pretty cool!

[albumfull]35078[/albumfull]

AquaticNeon

Re: Gold Dust Rainbow Dash

Postby AquaticNeon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Thanks for posting, pretty cool version like the name Gold Dust! Just ordered mine I hope this is the last Rainbow Dash that way we have an even 8! Hope we get a new character soon!
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:33 pm

I love it! Won't buy it, 2 ponies is enough, I don't own a barn :)

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:42 pm

I love the Rainbow Dash Harikis. They are the only ones I collect (for now anyway! lol). She's soooo pretty! Where do we order??? :)
Kate

"Okay, you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn . . . call the president." ~Jack Burton

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Mystery Minis - Too many to count!
Keychains/Pocket Pops - 8
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Was kinda hoping it was gonna look like this when I seen the thread title! lol

AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:48 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:Thanks for posting, pretty cool version like the name Gold Dust! Just ordered mine I hope this is the last Rainbow Dash that way we have an even 8! Hope we get a new character soon!

Wouldn't a "glitter noir" of Nightmare Moon be amazing?!! :)
Kate

"Okay, you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn . . . call the president." ~Jack Burton

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:50 pm

SunsetBeauty wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:Thanks for posting, pretty cool version like the name Gold Dust! Just ordered mine I hope this is the last Rainbow Dash that way we have an even 8! Hope we get a new character soon!

Wouldn't a "glitter noir" of Nightmare Moon be amazing?!! :)

Oh yes! I'm excited to see her vinyl glitter variant so pumped!! The Princesses would look so good as hikaris super sized version though! (Like the Groot sized box?)

You guys shes up for preorder on entertainment earth!
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:53 pm

SunsetBeauty wrote:I love the Rainbow Dash Harikis. They are the only ones I collect (for now anyway! lol). She's soooo pretty! Where do we order??? :)

Not sure if they will sell out at EE but found one on eBay for a good price since the shipping is free.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funko-My-Little ... 2516.l5255
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:08 pm

I pre-ordered mine! Yay!! :cheers:
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Pre-ordered! I wasn't going to bother with the gold ones, but I have all the other Rainbow Dash hikari figures, and she's my favorite mane 6 pony so...why not? lol
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 pm

She looks pretty awesome, but the IRS must be paid before mommy can buy more toys :(
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Mori_LeStrange

Postby Mori_LeStrange » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:50 pm

She's pretty. But I'm happy with my Glitterific and Glitter Color Storm ones. I want to see a new pony. If we get a second I'm really hoping for Luna.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Oh no - I missed it :( :( :( See what I get for working.
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:07 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:She looks pretty awesome, but the IRS must be paid before mommy can buy more toys :(

Yes!! I'm in the exact same boat...toys...or taxes!? I know which I would prefer :roflmao:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Mori_LeStrange wrote:She's pretty. But I'm happy with my Glitterific and Glitter Color Storm ones. I want to see a new pony. If we get a second I'm really hoping for Luna.

Those really are two of the best ones if you're gonna have any!

I'm also hoping for Luna, if they decide to do another character. I feel like she'd sell incredibly well.

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:45 pm

She's pretty- although I think she looks more like Derpy than Dash with the gold hair and no gradient, doesn't she?

Pretty much maxed out on this character anyway just collecting the rainbow variants (so gorgeous all of them). I REALLY hope the reveal a new MLP Hikari at ToyFair!

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:44 am

Anyone else have their card charged for this RD this morning (I pre-ordered from EE)? I was definitely not expecting that so early, thank goodness I got paid today! lol

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Excited for mine she will be here this week! I hope we get a new pony character after this one :)

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:45 pm

I got charged on the 12th as well. Tracking says she should be here Friday. I can't wait! I'm still hoping for the clear with "rainbow" glitter hikari.

And I'm still on the fence about getting the BBTS color storm Hikari. *sigh*, such choices. :roflmao: I think if the other one I want comes out, then I'll get it - that way I'll have an even number (why, yes I am OCD, why do you ask??? :D lol )
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Yup I'm the same way OCD, its bugging me right now I need to get the Gold Dust here already, my estimate is Friday too! I just hope they stick with 8 or they make 10 total.

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Well, if we get the last two that were shown at the Toy Fair last year, that'll make 10.

I'm so sad because this seems like the last bit of ponies we'll see from Funko (not counting the mymojis that were shown this year). :( There was so much potential here... I keep thinking of how amazing a Luna or Celestia hikari mold would've been.

Anyway, my estimate was Friday but it looks like I'll actually get that Gold Dust RD tomorrow!

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 pm

renirawr wrote:Well, if we get the last two that were shown at the Toy Fair last year, that'll make 10.

I'm so sad because this seems like the last bit of ponies we'll see from Funko (not counting the mymojis that were shown this year). :( There was so much potential here... I keep thinking of how amazing a Luna or Celestia hikari mold would've been.

Anyway, my estimate was Friday but it looks like I'll actually get that Gold Dust RD tomorrow!

Me too! I can't believe there wasn't any other pony stuff shown from Funko at Toyfair! :( I feel guilty saying it, but I am not crazy about the pony mymojis. They really don't interest me at all.

I'm just really, really hoping that if this is the end of the pony line- we will at least get the Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis vinyls. I've been so excited for them.

-Just checked the tracking on my Gold Dust. Still says Friday. *sigh* She needs to join her sister hikaris!! lol lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:57 am

SunsetBeauty wrote:Me too! I can't believe there wasn't any other pony stuff shown from Funko at Toyfair! :( I feel guilty saying it, but I am not crazy about the pony mymojis. They really don't interest me at all.

I'm just really, really hoping that if this is the end of the pony line- we will at least get the Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis vinyls. I've been so excited for them.

-Just checked the tracking on my Gold Dust. Still says Friday. *sigh* She needs to join her sister hikaris!! lol lol

I kinda feel the same way. I think they're cute, but there are already enough blind bag pony toys... I don't need more! I'm not terribly impressed with them, even though the emoji gimmick is neat.

Yeah, at the very least, they could go out on a high note and give us NMM and Chrysalis. Those two characters are very popular among My Little Pony fans, and it would be a shame to never see them made. Especially since prototypes of them are out there! Makes me wish I had all the money to afford a Chrysalis one. :(

And with the hikari, as much as I love Rain ow Dash, I was really expecting at least one other pony from this line. Though, at least from what I've been seeing, there weren't many hikari at the Toy Fair this year. I know people were saying that Funko doesn't put all of their stuff out, but it still has me worried that they're basically done with ponies.

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:30 pm

So no new Funko ponies other than the mymojis? So much disappoint. Well, hopefully they are holding something back. After all, we haven't even seen NM yet and it has been soooo long (unless they just aren't making her).

I wish that I liked the mymojis... but I don't.

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:32 pm

I was disappointed as well. I really hope we see, remember we didn't see the Cadance/Shining Armor/Spike finished until Toyfair and the protos in March and they were the first ones released in 2015. They didn't go up for preorder until March 9th, and they weren't released until March 24th so I have a feeling within those dates is when to expect them, we still have hope!!

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:55 pm

I imagine there is a backup in production or something like that. We don't know for sure that there will be NO ponies in Funko's future. But Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon are complicated sculpts, so I imagine there's some extra QC there.
San Diego funatic

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Anybody else get their Gold Dust?? I got mine on Friday. She's so lovely, the gold color is just striking! I still think Glitter Noir is my absolute favorite, but then again, I can't really choose a favorite; they are all tied! :roflmao: I just love them all. I really hope Funko decides to make more Pony Hikaris. I have really enjoyed collecting these.

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:46 am

I got mine! She isn't a favorite, but still a lot prettier than the pictures make her look. Although I can't unsee Derpy because of the color lol

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:57 am

She is definitely pretty than the pictures. My mom was looking at my collection and said the Gold Dust was her favorite. *hmmm* I wonder if we will soon have another funko collector in the family! lol lol

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Gold Dust definitely looks like Derpy to me and not Dash- especially since that character was just a recolor of Dash anyway

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:19 pm

big_pun_209 wrote:Was kinda hoping it was gonna look like this when I seen the thread title! lol

This is a famous drag queen or something?

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Galacticat wrote:
big_pun_209 wrote:Was kinda hoping it was gonna look like this when I seen the thread title! lol

This is a famous drag queen or something?

A wrestler, actually.

Return to “Hikari”