Marvel Collector Corps Year One Box... Hikari?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
mohawkjones

Marvel Collector Corps Year One Box... Hikari?

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:42 pm

The price point, the box size... makes me wonder (and hopeful).

I will be ordering one at 10 tomorrow!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Marvel Collector Corps Year One Box... Hikari?

Postby CAHRULL » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:50 pm

I was thinking the same. I feel like without further info on potential contents, $125 is a really big commitment for most people on a single sub box. Really dying of curiosity about this, though!
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:58 pm

CAHRULL wrote:I was thinking the same. I feel like without further info on potential contents, $125 is a really big commitment for most people on a single sub box. Really dying of curiosity about this, though!

Based on the past sub boxes, it at least has to be better than those $100 Loot Crate special edition boxes. I order the Star Wars one for my son & I last year, hands down one of the biggest let downs for me. Little Golden Book SW box set? Same thing I could get from Target or Amazon? An orange "gadget" zip up pouch? So much filler in what in my mind should have been an "adult collectors" box. Little Golden Books... sheesh.

And of course I did not get one of the ones with the randomly inserted Hikari figures in it...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:05 am

mohawkjones wrote:
CAHRULL wrote:I was thinking the same. I feel like without further info on potential contents, $125 is a really big commitment for most people on a single sub box. Really dying of curiosity about this, though!

Based on the past sub boxes, it at least has to be better than those $100 Loot Crate special edition boxes. I order the Star Wars one for my son & I last year, hands down one of the biggest let downs for me. Little Golden Book SW box set? Same thing I could get from Target or Amazon? An orange "gadget" zip up pouch? So much filler in what in my mind should have been an "adult collectors" box. Little Golden Books... sheesh.

And of course I did not get one of the ones with the randomly inserted Hikari figures in it...

I definitely agree that if you're gonna take a $100+ gamble on a mystery box, the Funko ones have a WAY higher probability of being awesome. I guess I'm just hoping they at least give a slight hint as to the contents. I imagine we'll see similar ones roll out for the Star Wars & DC boxes before long.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:57 am

I hope it's a Hikari to freak people out lol #chaoticgood :devil: if it's something I like I'll totally buy it off of someone.

But seriously at that price point I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Hikari in the box. But hey, maybe they'll add those new action figures in the box instead. Just gotta wait and find out.
Kai
IG: @eastwolfstyle
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:00 am

The curiosity is killing me! I can't wait to see what's in that box.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:00 am

eastWOLF wrote:I hope it's a Hikari to freak people out lol #chaoticgood :devil: if it's something I like I'll totally buy it off of someone.

But seriously at that price point I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Hikari in the box. But hey, maybe they'll add those new action figures in the box instead. Just gotta wait and find out.

Oh god no....I'd be so sad. I can't even order this box and I need to see a Hikari or a Super Deluxe or an unbelievably stunning pop.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Batphotography

Postby Batphotography » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:03 am

Hello eBay lol :)
SDCC 2001 - SDCC 2002 - SDCC 2003 - SDCC 2004 - SDCC 2005 - SDCC 2006 - SDCC 2007 - SDCC 2008 - SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2010 - SDCC 2011 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019 - SDCC 2022 - SDCC 2023
Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2023

IG: bat_photo_gal

ImageImage

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:19 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
eastWOLF wrote:I hope it's a Hikari to freak people out lol #chaoticgood :devil: if it's something I like I'll totally buy it off of someone.

Oh god no....I'd be so sad. I can't even order this box and I need to see a Hikari or a Super Deluxe or an unbelievably stunning pop.

I forgot about Super Deluxe Vinyl, now I want to see one of those!
Kai
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:27 am

eastWOLF wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

I forgot about Super Deluxe Vinyl, now I want to see one of those!

Super Deluxe Iron Man would be cool. But Super Deluxe Hulkbuster would rule them all.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

grendelscott

Postby grendelscott » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 am

I apparently missed something. Was there an announcement posted somewhere?
Funko Funklub Member #12887. Call me Scott.

When this kind of vinyl isn't getting my money, the kind that spins in circles and plays music does.

grendelscott

Postby grendelscott » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:42 am

Nevermind...just found the thread saying it went to Founders :) .
Funko Funklub Member #12887. Call me Scott.

When this kind of vinyl isn't getting my money, the kind that spins in circles and plays music does.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:54 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
eastWOLF wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Super Deluxe Iron Man would be cool. But Super Deluxe Hulkbuster would rule them all.

THIS! As mush as I want it to be a new Hikari I would go bananas for a Super Deluxe Iron Man in any form!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:58 pm

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:39 pm

:roflmao: :devil: :roflmao: :devil: :roflmao:
Kai
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:50 pm

I am cool with it.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:11 am

Spoiler: show
Couldn't have at least been a new character??? Come on guys.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Couldn't have at least been a new character??? Come on guys.

A new character would have been cool, could have been a great way to introduce Wolverine to the series.

I would have loved to have seen the MCC Cap done in a bronze treatment like the 75th statue Marvel unveiled this week at SDCC. The gold looks decent in the one bad photo I've seen, reserving final judgement until my box arrives.

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:19 pm

My box is on the way. Who wants my Hikari?

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:39 pm

CAHRULL wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Man, ever time I see a picture of that Cap statue at the Marvel booth this weekend I think how rad the Year One Hikari could have been in a bronze color way. Probably would have pleased a lot of more of the moaning Pop! folks too to have something a wee bit more traditional in design. Oh well, I dig it and can not wait for it to arrive today.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:55 am

Is it still spoiler at this point? I really like it, pictures below...

The translucent glitter gold to clear did not show up well in the pictures I've seen. Looks better in hand.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:40 am

While I didn't really dig the Captain America sculpt, in hand, this gold one is really fantastic. Even more glad I bought this box. This might be the first collector corps box that I keep almost all of it.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Return to “Hikari”