NVS Batman Hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Flynn47

NVS Batman Hikari

Postby Flynn47 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:04 am

Simple question; does anyone have a clue what NVS stands for or means? I got mine yesterday and love it but it will bother me until I find out!

mohawkjones

Re: NVS Batman Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:57 am

I've wondered this too. Astro Boy also has a NVS Blue color way.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Flynn47

Postby Flynn47 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:36 am

mohawkjones wrote:I've wondered this too. Astro Boy also has a NVS Blue color way.

I didn't know that. So we can eliminate it being anything to do with DC of the Batman character.
This is going to do my head in now...

Riniculous

Postby Riniculous » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:12 am

I was actually just having this conversation a week or so ago, with a friend in the military. He said it is an acronym for "Night Vision Systems". Looking at both of those Hikari...seems pretty accurate...?
Image Image Image

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:47 am

I believe it stood for "New Virgin" not sure about the "S" maybe sofubi? It was supposed to indicate a higher level plastic, iirc. Of course, this was all years ago when I bought it.
I'm Josh

Flynn47

Postby Flynn47 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:53 am

grandpa_stern wrote:I believe it stood for "New Virgin" not sure about the "S" maybe sofubi? It was supposed to indicate a higher level plastic, iirc. Of course, this was all years ago when I bought it.

I've heard that in relation to vinyl records.

Back when vinyl records were the most popular form of recorded music, unsold albums and singles in record stores were returned to the manufacturers and credit for unsold product was refunded to the stores. Manufacturers shredded and melted down the unsold records and recycled the vinyl for use in pressing newly released albums and singles.

Most all LPs and singles were made of a mixture of old recycled vinyl and newly created vinyl.

Occasionally a record label would put out a special audiophile limited edition of a best-selling album and advertise that it was being pressed onto 100% new vinyl, also called virgin vinyl.

The point is that a record pressed on virgin vinyl could reproduce higher audio quality with lower noise than a record pressed onto a blend of recycled vinyl and new vinyl. - (http://musicfans.stackexchange.com/ques ... rgin-vinyl)

Flynn47

Postby Flynn47 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:54 am

Riniculous wrote:I was actually just having this conversation a week or so ago, with a friend in the military. He said it is an acronym for "Night Vision Systems". Looking at both of those Hikari...seems pretty accurate...?

That sounds so incredibly right. Good job!
Until we hear something different from Funko I'm happy to run with this explanation. It makes perfect sense.

Return to “Hikari”